AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-05, 07:55   Link #1
Krytonis
I'm back! :)
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In the distortion of space and time..
Any Good Anime With School Life?

Hi! I kinda ran out of anime very quick! This was because I was very interested and in love with anime that has school-life with romance and BEAUTIFUL girls! I would like an anime that is similar to:
Mashiro-Iro Symphony
KissxSis
To Love-Ru
Rosario + Vampire
Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai
Infinite Stratos

As you can see, these are all animes that has school-life with romance in them. The girls and the characters are beautiful as well. So if there are any suggestions similar to the ones above, please tell me!

P.S.: I may have not named some other anime I already watched but it is with different cases!

Thank you!
__________________
Krytonis is offline  
Old 2012-01-05, 08:32   Link #2
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
You can find some good titles in this thread:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...king+for+ecchi
Most of them fits your description ^_^.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline  
Old 2012-01-05, 08:46   Link #3
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Kimi kiss pure rouge

Amagami ss

Lovely complex

Kimi ni todoke first and second season

Toradora

B Gata H Kei
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline  
Old 2012-01-05, 09:27   Link #4
Eragon
eff off shiro.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the warm embrace of ice.
Age: 21
Baka to Test
Durarara!
Clannad and Clannad Afterstory
Haruhi Suzumiya
K-ON!
Kaichou wa Maid Sama!
Princess Lover
__________________
Signature courtesy of rikikai
Eragon is offline  
Old 2012-01-05, 14:20   Link #5
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Since you're looking for romance too, I'll second these series:
Clannad/After Story
Toradora
Amagami SS
Baka to Test
B Gata H Kei


And suggesting:
Bungaku Shoujo
Kanon (2006)
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai/The World God Only Knows
Nyan Koi!
Mayo Chiki!
Mayoi Neko Overrun!
Hatsukoi Limited
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar by Tempester
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is online now  
Old 2012-01-05, 18:12   Link #6
Shingai-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jacksonville Fl
Age: 27
School Days. It's amazing. Tons of romance and it's slice of life. Watch it.
__________________
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
- Douglas Adams
"Someday, on your tombstone, there will be two dates - and nobody realizes that all that mattered to you was that small dash in between"

Ararararagi
Shingai-san is offline  
Old 2012-01-05, 18:44   Link #7
Eragon
eff off shiro.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the warm embrace of ice.
Age: 21
^Do you want him to lose his sanity? Judging from what he's seen School Days isn't for him.

Sorry if I sounded rude but you saying SD is romantic and slice of life genre is just so misleading.
__________________
Signature courtesy of rikikai
Eragon is offline  
Old 2012-01-05, 20:04   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
Seven postings and not one mention of School Rumble. For shame!
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline  
Old 2012-01-05, 20:22   Link #9
Shingai-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jacksonville Fl
Age: 27
SD is romantic, the first 2 episodes.
__________________
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
- Douglas Adams
"Someday, on your tombstone, there will be two dates - and nobody realizes that all that mattered to you was that small dash in between"

Ararararagi
Shingai-san is offline  
Old 2012-01-06, 02:13   Link #10
Xenio
Flower
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingai-san View Post
School Days. It's amazing. Tons of romance and it's slice of life. Watch it.
you again? JUST PLEASE STOP RECOMMENDING IT, it might break someone heart you know? i am a slice of life anime lover and was trapped to watch it month ago and still traumatized till this day, i cried not because it heart warming but because it wrong on so many level, enough to make me not watch anything else for 3 day to reconstruct my heart
again, not anyone heart is as strong as you so, PLEASE STOP RECOMMENDING IT
Xenio is offline  
Old 2012-01-06, 04:59   Link #11
Eragon
eff off shiro.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the warm embrace of ice.
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingai-san View Post
SD is romantic, the first 2 episodes.
And after that?
__________________
Signature courtesy of rikikai
Eragon is offline  
Old 2012-01-06, 13:20   Link #12
hero147
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
And after that?
If I remember correctly, the ending consisted of the main pairing drifting into the sunset on a very nice boat.

But seriously, School Days isn't an anime that I recommend.

I highly recommend Toradora though.
hero147 is offline  
Old 2012-01-06, 15:24   Link #13
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
If I remember correctly, the ending consisted of the main pairing drifting into the sunset on a very nice boat.

But seriously, School Days isn't an anime that I recommend.

I highly recommend Toradora though.
Ahahahaha
Spoiler for ending:


Anyways ye, avoid School Days. There is only one word to describe it: disturbing. It's not actually a matter of heart whatsoever, it's just that this anime is wrong and even if you have a cynical mind, you'll find it disturbing just because it's wrong in many ways. The author must've been mad while writing this.

Check the link Obelisk gave you: I updated the first post with the list of all the titles that'll fit your requirements. Bye
Classified Info is offline  
Old 2012-01-08, 02:43   Link #14
Suomi
Kaiba
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: David Tennant's bedroom in the TARDIS
Definitely Clannad/Clannad After Story. Best slice of life-romance-typey anime I've seen...the characters are adorable and beautiful, the storyline is meaningful and sweet but also sad.
__________________
Suomi is offline  
Old 2012-01-10, 14:01   Link #15
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 27
A lot of people here seem to be concentrating on comedic school life series, probably because a large chunk of Koominator’s list of what he’s seen is harem comedy.

However, I’d say that Koominator’s post in the Mashiro-iro Symphony thread suggests an interest in more atmospheric and/or dramatic works. His reaction to Mashiro-iro Symphony reminds me a lot of how I felt after watching the 2006 version of Kanon five years ago. Given that the shows share some similarities, I’m inclined to recommend Kanon 2006. If he likes Kanon 2006, he might try its sister shows (Air TV and Clannad) as well.

These works are not the only works of their kind I’d recommend though. Kanon 2006 is, of course, one of the famous Key-KyoAni collaborations, which are sometimes held up as a “gold standard” for this kind of show (beautiful girls, school life, drama). I, however, disagree. I personally prefer EF: A Tale of Memories (despite the slow start) and True Tears.

If you’re willing to move outside of a school setting but still want to watch a show with a similar atmosphere and emphasis on beautiful girls, Sola and Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu are personally favourites. Ditto for Hanbun no Sora ga Noboru.

For something stylistically a little different, there’s Bakemonogatari. Great cast of beautiful girls (including an intensely memorable female lead) and good romance, but with a completely different style from the previously mentioned works – very stylized and full of dialogue that somehow manages to be intense.

As for the aforementioned School Days, it’s dramatic but a lot of the drama comes from characters doing horrible things to each other, which really undermines any romantic atmosphere the show might have had so I can’t say I recommend it. I’m not sure how much sense it makes to recommend it to a romance fan, really.

Plenty of other great titles mentioned too. Toradora is a great mix of drama, comedy and romance, if perhaps too melodramatic at times. School Rumble isn’t as focused on beautiful girls as some others, but is one of the funniest school life anime ever. Bungaku Shoujo is a rather touching school life drama. Hatsukoi Limited kicks off with two of the funniest romance comedy episodes ever, although the rest isn’t as good. B Gata H Kei is also hilarious, if rather bawdy. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is a great, quirky show, probably partially responsible for the popularity of seinen school life shows today. And Kimi no Todoke is also a great school romance, although as a shoujo is has a different style and less focus on the girls that most others here.

Hope you find some recommendations you like and that my perspective on the matter was a help to you!
__________________

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline  
Old 2012-01-10, 14:25   Link #16
Krytonis
I'm back! :)
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In the distortion of space and time..
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
A lot of people here seem to be concentrating on comedic school life series, probably because a large chunk of Koominator’s list of what he’s seen is harem comedy.

However, I’d say that Koominator’s post in the Mashiro-iro Symphony thread suggests an interest in more atmospheric and/or dramatic works. His reaction to Mashiro-iro Symphony reminds me a lot of how I felt after watching the 2006 version of Kanon five years ago. Given that the shows share some similarities, I’m inclined to recommend Kanon 2006. If he likes Kanon 2006, he might try its sister shows (Air TV and Clannad) as well.

These works are not the only works of their kind I’d recommend though. Kanon 2006 is, of course, one of the famous Key-KyoAni collaborations, which are sometimes held up as a “gold standard” for this kind of show (beautiful girls, school life, drama). I, however, disagree. I personally prefer EF: A Tale of Memories (despite the slow start) and True Tears.

If you’re willing to move outside of a school setting but still want to watch a show with a similar atmosphere and emphasis on beautiful girls, Sola and Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu are personally favourites. Ditto for Hanbun no Sora ga Noboru.

For something stylistically a little different, there’s Bakemonogatari. Great cast of beautiful girls (including an intensely memorable female lead) and good romance, but with a completely different style from the previously mentioned works – very stylized and full of dialogue that somehow manages to be intense.

As for the aforementioned School Days, it’s dramatic but a lot of the drama comes from characters doing horrible things to each other, which really undermines any romantic atmosphere the show might have had so I can’t say I recommend it. I’m not sure how much sense it makes to recommend it to a romance fan, really.

Plenty of other great titles mentioned too. Toradora is a great mix of drama, comedy and romance, if perhaps too melodramatic at times. School Rumble isn’t as focused on beautiful girls as some others, but is one of the funniest school life anime ever. Bungaku Shoujo is a rather touching school life drama. Hatsukoi Limited kicks off with two of the funniest romance comedy episodes ever, although the rest isn’t as good. B Gata H Kei is also hilarious, if rather bawdy. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is a great, quirky show, probably partially responsible for the popularity of seinen school life shows today. And Kimi no Todoke is also a great school romance, although as a shoujo is has a different style and less focus on the girls that most others here.

Hope you find some recommendations you like and that my perspective on the matter was a help to you!
Not only I have fallen in love with anime, I have also fallen in love with your very descriptive information about so many anime! I did not expect you to see my comment in the thread Mashiro-Iro Symphony! It was so shocking. This clearly shows you did a tiny background research on me and clearly knew my perspective and the types of anime I wanted. It is incredible and amazing how you described word per word on almost all recommended animes in this thread since I had no time to watch all of them at once! You also realized my feelings for Mashiro-Iro Symphony and also compared it with your feelings to Kanon! This is very informative and I thank you SO MUCH for taking your time to write this!
__________________
Krytonis is offline  
Old 2012-01-10, 14:47   Link #17
mecharobot
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
If you don't mind parody types (i.e School Rumble), you could also check out Seto no Hanayome.
mecharobot is offline  
Old 2012-01-11, 01:59   Link #18
Xenio
Flower
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere in Asia
here is the list of anime that i have not watched yet but base on the review and Synopsis, i think you will like them

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
Quote:
After contracting hepatitis A, Ezaki Yuuichi has been confined to a hospital away from his friends and family, much to his displeasure. To relieve his boredom, he has taken to sneaking out of the hospital, usually putting himself on the receiving end of a beating from his nurse. Upon meeting a girl his age also staying in the hospital, he is immediately captivated by her beauty. Akiba Rika's personality is not quite as captivating as her beauty however. In fact, she is rather selfish, moody, and bossy. But as the two spend more time with each other, they become closer, sharing the ordinary joys and trials of a budding teenage romance, even when darkened with impending tragedy - for Rika's condition does not leave her much longer to live.
Bokura ga Ita
Quote:
Nanami Takahashi welcomes the start of her high school life with great expectations of making as many friends as possible. There is much talk among the girls about a popular boy, Motoharu Yano, who has 2/3 of the girls in his middle school liking him. When Nanami asks Yuri Yamamoto, the girl sitting next to her, about Yano, the latter curtly replies that she dislikes him. Nanami is clueless of who Yano is until the day of the class nomination when she made a fool of herself by calling the name of her new friend wrongly. It turns out that she has actually met Yano along the corridors (unaware of his true identity) and he tricked her by providing a random name, resulting in the embarrassing incident in class. Nanami was initially mad at Yano but after a few encounters with him, she begins to find herself liking him.
Kimi ni Todoke
Quote:
Kuronuma Sawako is completely misunderstood by her classmates. Her timid and sweet demeanor is often mistaken for malicious behavior. This is due to her resemblance to the ghost girl from "The Ring", which has led her peers to give her the nickname Sadako. Longing to make friends and live a normal life, she is naturally drawn to Kazehaya Shouta, the most popular guy in class, whose "100% refreshing" personality earns him great admiration from Sawako. So when Kazehaya starts talking to her, maybe there is hope for the friendships Sawako has always longed for. Maybe...there is even a little hope for some romance in her future.
Kare Kano
Quote:
Miyazawa Yukino is the perfect student. Kind, intelligent, pretty and modest, it's unbelievable that such a person could exist. Little did everyone know Yukino's perfection was just a facade. An act to fulfill her desire for praise and admiration. Her life took a turn however, as a newcomer to their school Arima Soichiro topped the exam rankings. Arima is more then just intelligent, he's also kind, handsome and modest, an unbelievable person who can actually exist. Even worse luck, Arima found out Yukino's secret, blackmailing her to help him out. Their odd relationship soon develops into friendship and eventually into love. But can their love prevail through the many problems that come their way?
Kimikiss Pure Rouge
Quote:
Kouichi Sanada and Kazuki Aihara's childhood friend Mao Mizusawa has returned after living in France for a couple of years. Kouichi is surprised to learn that, since her parents are remaining overseas for the time being, his mother has agreed to let Mao stay with them. The three friends help each other deal with the ups and downs of high school romance.
Kita e: Diamond Dust Drops
Quote:
If a couple sees the diamond dust together, then they will certainly find eternal happiness. Or so it is said. This is a drama about the romances, friendships and conflicts of six girls from Hokkaido and how the diamond dust affects them and eventually links them together in the search for happiness.
sola
Quote:
Sola's story revolves around Yorito Morimiya, the main protagonist, who is a young boy attending high school. He loves taking pictures of the sky at any time of day and any time of the year. One day, Yorito decides to take a picture of the sunrise overlooking the bay, but is deterred when he meets a strange girl trying to force a vending machine that stole her money to give her what she tried to buy—a can of tomato juice. Yorito helps her with forcing the machine while attempting to strike up conversation with her, despite it being four in the morning. Yorito tells her why he is here, but by the time he has forced the can out of the machine, the girl has mysteriously vanished.
Saikano
Quote:
Shuuji and Chise are third year students at a high school in Hokkaido. The shy Chise is finally confessing to Shuuji, and finally the two of them are starting to exchange diary awkwardly. One day, Shuuji tries to escape from a sudden enemy air raid on Sapporo. While desperately escaping from the air raid, Shuuji sees a scene that he could not forget for his life. He sees Chise, with a huge weapon looking as if it was part of her hand, shooting the enemy fighters down one by one. Apparently, Chise is the ultimate weapon with destructive power which is important for the war.
Xenio is offline  
Old 2012-01-12, 13:52   Link #19
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 27
@Koominator

A lot of the credit for my post actually goes to my girlfriend. I was reading the Mashiro-iro Symphony thread over her shoulder and mentioned that your post was similar to my experience with Kanon, and she pointed out that you had a suggestions thread... so I posted in it.
__________________

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline  
Old 2012-01-12, 14:13   Link #20
Krytonis
I'm back! :)
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In the distortion of space and time..
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
@Koominator

A lot of the credit for my post actually goes to my girlfriend. I was reading the Mashiro-iro Symphony thread over her shoulder and mentioned that your post was similar to my experience with Kanon, and she pointed out that you had a suggestions thread... so I posted in it.
May I ask for her username? I would like her thank her!
__________________
Krytonis is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.