AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-10, 15:00   Link #3601
Vahanar
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Poland
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
The depiction of Shiva as Nataraja (Tamil: நடராஜா,Kannada: ನಟರಾಜ, Telugu: నటరాజు, Sanskrit: naṭarāja, "Lord of Dance") is popular. The names Nartaka ("dancer") and Nityanarta ("eternal dancer") appear in the Shiva Sahasranama. His association with dance and also with music is prominent in the Puranic period. In addition to the specific iconographic form known as Nataraja, various other types of dancing forms (Sanskrit: nṛtyamūrti) are found in all parts of India, with many well-defined varieties in Tamil Nadu in particular. The two most common forms of the dance are the Tandava, which later came to denote the powerful and masculine dance as Kala-Mahakala associated with the destruction of the world. When it requires the world or universe to be destroyed, Lord Śiva does it by the tāṇḍavanṛtya. and Lasya, which is graceful and delicate and expresses emotions on a gentle level and is considered the feminine dance attributed to the goddess Parvati. Lasya is regarded as the female counterpart of Tandava. The Tandava-Lasya dances are associated with the destruction-creation of the world.
And guess whose martial arts were compared to dance?
Vahanar is offline  
Old 2013-03-10, 16:13   Link #3602
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
Youre right(until its translated we cannot say).
But this was not rebutted, the reason why he can do what he wants to some extent is because he is the Guardian of Miyuki, and because of his own might, as was explained by Miyuki or was someone else(I dont remember), during his stance in the Lab he made powerful contributions to the company, gaining his own freedom by force, the mere fact that his lab is the thrid division, a division that was clearly despised until Tatsuya came and changed things, the fact that she didnt want to give this to the third division and bypass her own authority and give it directly to Tatsuya says to us they dont want to give him more chances for him to gain more freedom through his identity as Silver gaining more acknoledgment in the public eye(and her own interests).
Tatsuya being a Guardian has nothing to do with his work at FTL in fact he is useing that as the one reason that they don't have of getting around to stay in school. I've looked through all the novels and I don't see the 3rd division ever being stated as being "clearly despised " the closest was that they were "Once seen as rebels and renegades" and that they were hand scouted by the head of R&D, Tatsuya's father (wow free thinkers in the R&D department, unheard of). Also if they are trying to keep his athority with FTL down , likely a mandate from the Yotsuba keepers of FTL, why does his father keep trying to drag him back where that will only rise?
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline  
Old 2013-03-10, 16:42   Link #3603
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Also if they are trying to keep his athority with FTL down , likely a mandate from the Yotsuba keepers of FTL, why does his father keep trying to drag him back where that will only rise?
Duh, it's not like they are meaning to give him an executive office or something; it was pretty obvious that Sayuri wanted to reap in the benefits of Tatsuya analyses powress while giving the credit to another lab; so it's probably like that, they mainly want him in FTL to serve as an impersonal device that supplies info for them to use when needed.

Since the 3rd division is strongly tied with Tatsuya as a person, we have that they can't downplay the results of his work and thus he gains charisma "as a person" rather than merely stay quiet & meek and provide results like a simple tool.

If you trace back, you'll realize that he does some sort of deduction in those lines when his father was first mentioned in volume 1, when he stated that they'll probably need him as a research subject / test project rather than a worker.
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline  
Old 2013-03-10, 16:58   Link #3604
Mars Mode
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
A better question would be, Why does he want to keep him away from Miyuki and his duties as a Guardian? The only thing he really enjoys consciously, being research somethig a more subconscious thing. Does he even understand he enjoys researching? He knows what has been done to Tatsuya so does he understand his son when the major part of his freedom has been granted by Miyuki and himself. They have been trying to steer him from his own decision, so is Tatsuya going to enjoy being away from Miyuki, of coure not, but they are trying to do just that. And if he wasnt Silver from Taurus Silver and Mahesvara he would have no freedom, but the aunt and his father both understand that Tatsuya is not a pushover, and they want him on his side, not against them so they do not try anything more.
(Besides he has a lab inside his house what more does he want, There he can do whatever he wants, and once hes ready he can take it to the labs in FLT) Why do they want him to quit his job of a Guardian. Because it would mean that they have won over Tatsuya and that he accepts to do whatever they wanted him to do. Which means possibly more earnings for FLT at the cost of his freedom. And a superior weapon on their side. (This last thing im not so sure but is one of my views in this subject)

Also correct me if Im wrong but wasnt the third division, not treated well enough inside the enterprise, until they had enough power to break that injust treatment with the Silver series. Which is why they are so loyal towards Tatsuya. Since he literaly by himself pushed The R&D team to where they belong.
__________________
Mars Mode is offline  
Old 2013-03-10, 21:04   Link #3605
Aznxa21
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
My question is how is his school life going to be affected now that his friends know about his military position. Oh and does that blonde chick and tatsuya fight in volume 9, also is volume 9 released yet?
Aznxa21 is offline  
Old 2013-03-10, 21:17   Link #3606
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
A better question would be, Why does he want to keep him away from Miyuki and his duties as a Guardian? The only thing he really enjoys consciously, being research something a more subconscious thing. Does he even understand he enjoys researching? He knows what has been done to Tatsuya so does he understand his son when the major part of his freedom has been granted by Miyuki and himself. They have been trying to steer him from his own decision, so is Tatsuya going to enjoy being away from Miyuki, of coure not, but they are trying to do just that. And if he wasnt Silver from Taurus Silver and Mahesvara he would have no freedom, but the aunt and his father both understand that Tatsuya is not a pushover, and they want him on his side, not against them so they do not try anything more.
(Besides he has a lab inside his house what more does he want, There he can do whatever he wants, and once hes ready he can take it to the labs in FLT) Why do they want him to quit his job of a Guardian. Because it would mean that they have won over Tatsuya and that he accepts to do whatever they wanted him to do. Which means possibly more earnings for FLT at the cost of his freedom. And a superior weapon on their side. (This last thing im not so sure but is one of my views in this subject).
Tatsuya no longer being a Guardian doesn't strengthen his ties to the Yotsuba it breaks them, by their rules he's a free agent since the family at large does not see him as a member. no more black ops under the guise of Practical training, no more keeping him out of the army under the condition that it will interfere with his duties as a Guardian.

As for FLT you make them sound like they would have Tatsuya chained in some room while preform some inhuman tests on him. When, from everything described, it sounds like it is just your everyday office politics.

The way I see it is Tatsuya has a huge blind spot for people that are being altruistic until proven otherwise he will believe they are doing it for some reasonable ulterior motive, doubly so if they are part of his family (not that he doesn't have a good reason to but still). A hypothetical example: Maya gives Tatsuya a sandwich just because she sees he is hungry, I believe he would come to the conclusion she did it because his hunger reduces his ability as a Guardian.

To me Tatsuya's meeting whit his father doesn't mesh with the POV thoughts he has had about him in the earlier novels. His plea for Tatsuya not to hate his mother even more so when we find that the two weren't that close as he had been having an affair through out their marriage.
Quote:
Also correct me if Im wrong but wasnt the third division, not treated well enough inside the enterprise, until they had enough power to break that injust treatment with the Silver series. Which is why they are so loyal towards Tatsuya. Since he literaly by himself pushed The R&D team to where they belong.
What you claim is never stated anywhere I have found, but I find it unlikely as the company wasn't producing CADs until the Silver series and the 3rd division is a CAD research division.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline  
Old 2013-03-10, 21:55   Link #3607
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: in the tower currently E-level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznxa21 View Post
My question is how is his school life going to be affected now that his friends know about his military position. Oh and does that blonde chick and tatsuya fight in volume 9, also is volume 9 released yet?
Not much. Yes and yes.
babbo3d is offline  
Old 2013-03-10, 23:50   Link #3608
Mars Mode
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Tatsuya no longer being a Guardian doesn't strengthen his ties to the Yotsuba it breaks them, by their rules he's a free agent since the family at large does not see him as a member. no more black ops under the guise of Practical training, no more keeping him out of the army under the condition that it will interfere with his duties as a Guardian.
So youre claiming theyre going to let him go just because he is no longer a Guardian. Im sorry but is this sarcasm, he is a strategic magician and a treasure in a research sense, do you really think the people who ordered his operation are going to simply just let him free. Specially when they dont feel any attachment to him because as you just said he is not even one of their family. If thats what you think then Im not going to even try to discuss this with you, because youre being unreasonable blind to push your idea.

Quote:
As for FLT you make them sound like they would have Tatsuya chained in some room while preform some inhuman tests on him. When, from everything described, it sounds like it is just your everyday office politics.

The way I see it is Tatsuya has a huge blind spot for people that are being altruistic until proven otherwise he will believe they are doing it for some reasonable ulterior motive, doubly so if they are part of his family (not that he doesn't have a good reason to but still). A hypothetical example: Maya gives Tatsuya a sandwich just because she sees he is hungry, I believe he would come to the conclusion she did it because his hunger reduces his ability as a Guardian.

To me Tatsuya's meeting whit his father doesn't mesh with the POV thoughts he has had about him in the earlier novels. His plea for Tatsuya not to hate his mother even more so when we find that the two weren't that close as he had been having an affair through out their marriage.
Where should I begin, the people who literaly erased his emotions and trained him in the arts of killing at the age of 6 years are not going to experiment on him. When they alredy did it. They have tortured him in a age when he wasnt even capable of healing himself.
So you say he does not have nothing to worry about it my friend you have a point.

Your hypothetical example cannot happen by a fact stated by you earlier, they do not see him even as part of the family. They see him as a tool.

So they are insulting his son and he stays silent, and even when he is saying the truth he cuts short Tatsuya to not have a problem with the Yotsuba, and why does Tatsuya can say what he wants, because he is the Guardian of Miyuki, because he has gained his place through his might alone. He is afraid of the fire, when the flames where not even going his way.

Pardon me if I sound offensive, but we have prove of the unreasoness of the Yotsuba we can claim all of the above without fear of a mistake.

Quote:
What you claim is never stated anywhere I have found, but I find it unlikely as the company wasn't producing CADs until the Silver series and the 3rd division is a CAD research division.
Thats not entirely true. We have the four institute of investigation, was it called like this. I doubt the Yotsuba were just going to obediently listen and throw all the data away. The R&D are not entirely focused on CADs but on Magic.
Which is one of the accomplishments of Tatsuya and one of the reasons he holds a certain amount of influence.

But why did you not answer my question, Why does his father wants to separate Miyuki and Tatsuya? when one of the reasons he can feel emotions is thanks to Miyuki. And please be logical.

Edit:If there is someone whom I may believe, may have felt something for Tatsuya is his mother. But its a shame that even that did not prevent her from doing what she did.
__________________

Last edited by Mars Mode; 2013-03-11 at 00:34.
Mars Mode is offline  
Old 2013-03-11, 01:37   Link #3609
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Under the Hell and Above the Heaven
Send a message via Skype™ to HasNoLove
wow.. ch 11 complete, thanks for the translation... ^_^
__________________
HasNoLove is offline  
Old 2013-03-11, 01:46   Link #3610
Libros
I never hid my hurts.
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: I am lost in my own mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
But why did you not answer my question, Why does his father wants to separate Miyuki and Tatsuya? when one of the reasons he can feel emotions is thanks to Miyuki. And please be logical.
The answer to that question is quite simple;Money. Tatsuya is not going to work for FLT 95-100% of his time if he's spending it looking after Miyuki. Let's not forget how he's a god when it comes to R&D. Probably half of the company's achievements are his, they'd never not be happy if he decided to up and go work for them while giving them all the credit.
__________________
Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades"- Mat Cauthon
Libros is offline  
Old 2013-03-11, 02:48   Link #3611
bobmeow
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
is vol nine ready for translation or is it still going to be a while
bobmeow is offline  
Old 2013-03-11, 03:02   Link #3612
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
^
Obviously it will take a while.
If Dreyakis decides to translate Vol.9, he needs to wait for Chinese translation before he translates to English.
If Seitsuki or Sashiko decides to translate, they first need to find the raw version.
__________________
Awrya is offline  
Old 2013-03-11, 03:25   Link #3613
bobmeow
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
what about vol 5 and 8
bobmeow is offline  
Old 2013-03-11, 03:25   Link #3614
Rava
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
wow.. ch 11 complete, thanks for the translation... ^_^
The further we get into the volume, the more it reads as "How Miyuki turned into a hardcore bro-con."
Rava is offline  
Old 2013-03-11, 03:48   Link #3615
NeutralZero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
This volume is really more like the story on how Miyuki turned into a hard core brocon...
Her internal monologue really wonderful especially the part where she noticed him smiling at the twins and not at her...
NeutralZero is offline  
Old 2013-03-11, 03:51   Link #3616
malason13
Forsaken
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
The further we get into the volume, the more it reads as "How Miyuki turned into a hardcore bro-con."
HAHAHA. definitely!! The deeper we get in the volume the more bro--con Miyuki is!!
__________________
<font color=Indigo><b>The fruit of a forbidden Love</b></font>



The Beloved Occult Research Club

malason13 is offline  
Old 2013-03-11, 04:45   Link #3617
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
Yep... volume 8 is particularly delicious because this kind of inner monologue needs to be read verbatim, it can't be properly summarized
Mentar is offline  
Old 2013-03-11, 05:39   Link #3618
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
It's just not.. I mean it's all so.. why don't the two of you hook up alre--

*static*
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline  
Old 2013-03-11, 07:43   Link #3619
malason13
Forsaken
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Nope!! The morals of the society is keeping them apart!
__________________
<font color=Indigo><b>The fruit of a forbidden Love</b></font>



The Beloved Occult Research Club

malason13 is offline  
Old 2013-03-11, 08:03   Link #3620
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Quote:
Originally Posted by malason13 View Post
Nope!! The morals of the society is keeping them apart!
Who cares about that!? Just blow those morals with material burst

Oh and anyway...just got around reading vol 8. It's really glorious to see Miyuki's thoughts and her developing bro-con attitudes
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.