AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-25, 23:43   Link #4601
bloodyclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Yakumo is more skilled in hand to hand combat due to more experience. He likely wouldn't be able to defeat Tatsuya in a serious fight that included magic.
Tatsuya surpassed yakumo in pure hand to hand combat. Its the experience that gives yakumo the edge.
Old 2013-05-25, 23:48   Link #4602
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Pretty sure Tatsuya is just barely keeping up with Yakumo in taijustu from their spar in volume 1. Though that in itself is a big achievement according to the other students in the dojo.
Old 2013-05-25, 23:54   Link #4603
waffler

i have a question couldnt tatsuya coat himself in decomposition like he did to his hand when he chopped off the guys wrist so he would be invulnerable to physical attacks?
Old 2013-05-26, 00:22   Link #4604
bloodyclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Pretty sure Tatsuya is just barely keeping up with Yakumo in taijustu from their spar in volume 1. Though that in itself is a big achievement according to the other students in the dojo.
Spoiler:

Experience in mahouka comes a long way.
Old 2013-05-26, 00:31   Link #4605
XFire
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
In the vampire arc, Yakumo demonstrated magic that could fool Tatsuya's Elemental Sight and it has been stated that Yakumo has been able to repeatedly sneak up on Tatsuya despite his Elemental Sight. Tatsuya can't use magic against what he can't see. In any case, Yakumo is the only person that has a chance of winning against Tatsuya.
Except that he lacks the power to instantly kill Tatsuya. And Tatsuya learned to see through and target enemies using that magic.
Old 2013-05-26, 00:38   Link #4606
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Except that he lacks the power to instantly kill Tatsuya. And Tatsuya learned to see through and target enemies using that magic.
Says who? as far as I know we havn't seen a full dispay of his power, so he may have an instant kill move. I also seriously doubt Yakumo gave away his last trick against a person... He seems a bit more cautious than that.
Old 2013-05-26, 01:05   Link #4607
cyberdemon

Quote:
In the vampire arc, Yakumo demonstrated magic that could fool Tatsuya's Elemental Sight and it has been stated that Yakumo has been able to repeatedly sneak up on Tatsuya despite his Elemental Sight. Tatsuya can't use magic against what he can't see. In any case, Yakumo is the only person that has a chance of winning against Tatsuya.
even if he could sneak up on Tatsuya, he has no way to get past Tatsuya's regeneration. he'd get a hit in, it'd immediately regenerate and then Tatsuya would vaporize him since he knew where he was then. Probably the only thing currently able to kill Tatsuya is if he was hit by his own material burst.
Old 2013-05-26, 01:41   Link #4608
iheartz

Quote:
even if he could sneak up on Tatsuya, he has no way to get past Tatsuya's regeneration. he'd get a hit in, it'd immediately regenerate and then Tatsuya would vaporize him since he knew where he was then. Probably the only thing currently able to kill Tatsuya is if he was hit by his own material burst.
Well, if Tatsuya was hit in the head, he would probably die. So technically, anybody can kill Tatsuya with a sneak attack if they were lucky/well-informed enough.
Old 2013-05-26, 02:10   Link #4609
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartz View Post
Well, if Tatsuya was hit in the head, he would probably die. So technically, anybody can kill Tatsuya with a sneak attack if they were lucky/well-informed enough.
not necessarily. I've seen cases where people were shot in the head an still survive meaning death isn't always immediate. probably not fast enough to escape Tatsuya's regeneration. It's not exactly possible to do tests where you shoot a human in the head and read how long the brain continues to have activity for. There are laws to prevent that.
Old 2013-05-26, 03:15   Link #4610
bludvein

Quote:
not necessarily. I've seen cases where people were shot in the head an still survive meaning death isn't always immediate. probably not fast enough to escape Tatsuya's regeneration. It's not exactly possible to do tests where you shoot a human in the head and read how long the brain continues to have activity for. There are laws to prevent that.
Its not that death is immediate(although it is in most cases), but that damage to the area of the brain that uses magic would screw with the restoration itself.
Old 2013-05-26, 07:27   Link #4611
XFire
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Its not that death is immediate(although it is in most cases), but that damage to the area of the brain that uses magic would screw with the restoration itself.
And where exactly did it say that? Has any limitation on his magic ever been confirmed?
Old 2013-05-26, 12:08   Link #4612
nacer666

I read somewhere that if you behead someone his brain stays alive for about 7 seconds.
Old 2013-05-26, 13:44   Link #4613
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Send a message via Skype™ to HasNoLove
starving for more trans.....arm lol

please give us more update...
Old 2013-05-26, 18:45   Link #4614
henzaeroz

Sashiko Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashiko
I Should post Untouchable before 9pm pacific time tonight. Thank you for your patience.

Sahiko
Old 2013-05-26, 19:13   Link #4615
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
And where exactly did it say that? Has any limitation on his magic ever been confirmed?
There are limitations to his Regrowth. It can't bring back the dead and like all magic it requires his MPZ to use. If Yakumo destroys his MPZ zone, then Tatsuya's screwed no matter how you dice it. In fact, if you think about it, all his Regrowth allows him to do is fight at full strength. Any damage that doesn't kill him will not hinder his ability to fight, which is no small advantage. But he can most certainly be defeated. For instance, poisoning. Certain snake venom kill instantly and while Tatsuya's Regrowth has been shown to work against chemical attacks in volume 6 it was only after sleeping gas had begun to take effect that Regrowth kicked in. Snake venom also work by paralyzing the nerves preventing electical impulses from being sent, which is essential to cast any magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
I read somewhere that if you behead someone his brain stays alive for about 7 seconds.
Well, it is fact that the brain can survive for a time after death.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-05-26 at 19:24.
Old 2013-05-26, 19:16   Link #4616
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Well, it is fact that the brain can survive for a time after death.
Yup unless one dies of a brain crushing or something. Like:

excessive damage to the brain stem (e.g., from a hangman's fracture) can cause instant death due to destruction of the reticular activating system and various other control centers. Severing the cord below the level of the brain stem, but above or in the origin of the phrenic nerve (C3, C4, C5) causes death several minutes later due to asphyxiation
(borrowed from wiki answers)

And thanks for the update on Sashiko
Old 2013-05-26, 19:38   Link #4617
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Yup unless one dies of a brain crushing or something. Like:

excessive damage to the brain stem (e.g., from a hangman's fracture) can cause instant death due to destruction of the reticular activating system and various other control centers. Severing the cord below the level of the brain stem, but above or in the origin of the phrenic nerve (C3, C4, C5) causes death several minutes later due to asphyxiation
(borrowed from wiki answers)

And thanks for the update on Sashiko
Speaking of which, I'd really like to see Tatsuya's body destroyed with only his brain remaining and watch his Regrowth kick in.
Old 2013-05-26, 19:53   Link #4618
holybell84

Quote:
Speaking of which, I'd really like to see Tatsuya's body destroyed with only his brain remaining and watch his Regrowth kick in.
One question though, assuming that his re-growth does kick in, where does the materials to rebuild his body come from?
Old 2013-05-26, 20:03   Link #4619
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
One question though, assuming that his re-growth does kick in, where does the materials to rebuild his body come from?
magic....

Seeing as how you can't destoy matter and can merely change the state of it...i think... he would just return the eidos of the altered matter to it's original state... I honestly have no idea what i'm talking about so i'll just go with my first answer

Magic...
Old 2013-05-26, 20:20   Link #4620
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
magic....

Seeing as how you can't destoy matter and can merely change the state of it...i think... he would just return the eidos of the altered matter to it's original state... I honestly have no idea what i'm talking about so i'll just go with my first answer

Magic...
No. The materials are already there. Just as energy cannot be created or destroyed neither can matter. Recall when Tatsuya used Regrowth on Isori and Kirihara, the bloodstains vanished along with their wounds. The blood on their clothes returned to their bodies. Get it? When Tatsuya's arm was vaporized by Lina's Heavy Metal burst, the particles which made up his arm were scattered, not destroyed. When Tatsuya used Regrowth on it, those particles returned to form his arm.

Untouchable is up! Thanks Sashiko!

EDIT: Sick. So this is where the Yotsuba went wrong. The Yotsuba now and the Yotsuba then are clearly different in terms of family ties.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-05-26 at 21:10.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings