AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-12, 11:47   Link #521
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
Japan seems to have obsession with something reverse from the west.

Tatsuya's power and nickname in Japanese should be like this:

Kami no Hidarite Akuma no Migite (God's Left Hand, Devil's RIght Hand)

and in another manga, Otogi Matsuri (Dark Sacrifice), the big bad has right hand that can destroy anything and left hand that can restore anything (even lost life). He doesn't have his own automatic regenerative passive ability though (that's why he lost).
Kleeyook is offline  
Old 2012-04-12, 15:21   Link #522
EnigmaticAxiom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Japan seems to have obsession with something reverse from the west.

Tatsuya's power and nickname in Japanese should be like this:

Kami no Hidarite Akuma no Migite (God's Left Hand, Devil's RIght Hand)

and in another manga, Otogi Matsuri (Dark Sacrifice), the big bad has right hand that can destroy anything and left hand that can restore anything (even lost life). He doesn't have his own automatic regenerative passive ability though (that's why he lost).
I can't exactly say it's Japan. In old times, the right has been associated with divinity and the left has been associated with evil. That's why you things are named like Dextra (Right) and Sinistra (Left). For darker characters, I don't think it's such a big leap to take such a theme and apply it to them. I think it probably comes out more in Japanese literature because it's one of the more popular types of media globally. Well, either way, that's just my opinion.
EnigmaticAxiom is offline  
Old 2012-04-12, 18:01   Link #523
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Just one question:

Spoiler for :
__________________
aliasxn is offline  
Old 2012-04-12, 18:14   Link #524
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Just one question:

Spoiler for :
Spoiler:
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline  
Old 2012-04-12, 20:26   Link #525
EnigmaticAxiom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Spoiler for aliasxn:
EnigmaticAxiom is offline  
Old 2012-04-13, 08:20   Link #526
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Thanks!

Spoiler for :
__________________
aliasxn is offline  
Old 2012-04-14, 21:29   Link #527
whsie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle and Houston... sleeping in a car.
A little treat here.

Mayumi SS that occurs after the events of the Yokohama Wars (Web 3) and it's written right after Web 4 (Flashback).

Spoiler for Short Story- Mayumi's Vacation:

Last edited by whsie; 2012-04-14 at 22:31.
whsie is offline  
Old 2012-04-14, 21:47   Link #528
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Seems kind of incomplete for a short story. I thought it would at least cover Tatsuya and Miyuki's visit from Mayumi's POV.

Well, thanks for your work as always.
bludvein is online now  
Old 2012-04-14, 21:57   Link #529
whsie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle and Houston... sleeping in a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Seems kind of incomplete for a short story. I thought it would at least cover Tatsuya and Miyuki's visit from Mayumi's POV.

Well, thanks for your work as always.
Tatsuya and Miyuki's visit? Mayumi is purposely trying to prevent them from visiting. That fox like father of hers is just licking his chops to get any sort of information he can on the Shiba siblings.

There are a variety of short stories out there that does not include the Shiba siblings at all. There's one on Amy, which will be included in volume 5 of the published version. There's seemingly one on the Crimson Prince and Cardinal George. There's even one on Morisaki the Quick Draw Douchebag (the guy in chapter 4 of the manga).
whsie is offline  
Old 2012-04-14, 22:10   Link #530
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I read your summary of Morisaki's SS, but Morisaki is the type thats not even entertaining to read about. Nobody likes him. The other ones sound interesting though.
bludvein is online now  
Old 2012-04-14, 22:23   Link #531
whsie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle and Houston... sleeping in a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I read your summary of Morisaki's SS, but Morisaki is the type thats not even entertaining to read about. Nobody likes him. The other ones sound interesting though.
Yeah, I almost puked when Morisaki was called an "honorable" person.
whsie is offline  
Old 2012-04-15, 01:20   Link #532
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
Who is Amy!? i can't recognize the name!
Kleeyook is offline  
Old 2012-04-15, 07:02   Link #533
Valky
Harbinger of Sorrow
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
I wonder if the author drunk or high when he wrote something about Morisaki. The dude is a first class A-hole, did he even have a fan?
__________________
Valky is offline  
Old 2012-04-15, 07:59   Link #534
EnigmaticAxiom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Who is Amy!? i can't recognize the name!
Akechi Eimi, a first year girl who took part in Pillars Break (3rd Place) in the second arc. I can't remember off the top of my head if she was in another game.
EnigmaticAxiom is offline  
Old 2012-04-15, 08:50   Link #535
larethian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
AlaAlba, can you do us a favor and update your first post with the covers and a synopsis?
Something like this:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...to+osananajimi
__________________
larethian is offline  
Old 2012-04-15, 10:06   Link #536
Richocet
Lover of Purity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Thanks for the summary whsie....though now I wonder when Jummonji(or whatevr its spelled) joked about Tatsuya marrying Mayumis sis, which one did he mean?
Richocet is offline  
Old 2012-04-15, 11:15   Link #537
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
AlaAlba, can you do us a favor and update your first post with the covers and a synopsis?
Something like this:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...to+osananajimi
This.

Also, speaking of Baka-Tsuki, Seitsuki added another bit of chapter 6, vol 2.
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline  
Old 2012-04-15, 12:48   Link #538
FRS
Lurker on the threshold
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
I wonder if the author drunk or high when he wrote something about Morisaki. The dude is a first class A-hole, did he even have a fan?
Maybe the author was out of idea and still needed something to reach the proper pages count

Or Hattori could have a change of heart and be less of a douchebag ?
FRS is offline  
Old 2012-04-15, 14:16   Link #539
Valky
Harbinger of Sorrow
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
Maybe the author was out of idea and still needed something to reach the proper pages count

Or Hattori could have a change of heart and be less of a douchebag ?
Did you mistaking Morisaki with Hattori by any chance? Morisaki is the first year d-bag, Hattori is the vp.
__________________
Valky is offline  
Old 2012-04-15, 15:11   Link #540
FRS
Lurker on the threshold
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Did you mistaking Morisaki with Hattori by any chance? Morisaki is the first year d-bag, Hattori is the vp.
I fumbled with the name -_-;
FRS is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.