AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-15, 05:41   Link #5941
NoLife222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
If the notes about Tomitsuka's magic being an armor of Psions are true, then no, not really. Mist Dispersal is Systematic magic. By definition, any magic he's using on Psions is NOT Systematic magic due to the target being 100% wrong for Systematic Magic. So logically, Mist Dispersal is an impossible option with the information currently provided. (An armor of Psions is still Psions.) So Gram Demolition and Gram Dispersion make way more sense.
Mist dispersal break down structure matter and magic sequence. Considering psion has structure like matter, it is possible to break it down. By the way, there is one question I always want to know about regrowth. Since the magic rewind the condition to 24 hours ago ,the 24 hour is a time limit or a constant (must be 24 hour).
Old 2013-08-15, 06:05   Link #5942
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLife222 View Post
Mist dispersal break down structure matter and magic sequence. Considering psion has structure like matter, it is possible to break it down. By the way, there is one question I always want to know about regrowth. Since the magic rewind the condition to 24 hours ago ,the 24 hour is a time limit or a constant (must be 24 hour).
Your mixing the abilities up. Mist Dispersal is a decomposition magic that targets things with physical substance. Gram Dispersal is a decomposition magic that targets psion structures (aka magic). Psions aren't a physical thing.
Old 2013-08-15, 06:06   Link #5943
NoLife222

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Your mixing the abilities up. Mist Dispersal is a decomposition magic that targets things with physical substance. Gram Dispersal is a decomposition magic that targets psion structures. Psions aren't a physical thing.
But psion clashing with psion wouldn't be like throwing a rock at a rock? But the Gram dispersal part does make sense.
Old 2013-08-15, 06:31   Link #5944
marids

Quote:
But psion clashing with psion wouldn't be like throwing a rock at a rock? But the Gram dispersal part does make sense.
yes it kinda would be, but it works so long as you have a denser and faster rock(small compressed psion bullets) to break the other rock(psion structure). though psion compositions could be strong or weak depending on the strength of the magician who made it.
Old 2013-08-15, 06:39   Link #5945
NoLife222

Quote:
Originally Posted by marids View Post
yes it kinda would be, but it works so long as you have a denser and faster rock(small compressed psion bullets) to break the other rock(psion structure). though psion compositions could be strong or weak depending on the strength of the magician who made it.
Considering that Tomitsuka can use Gram demolition. The armor is likely make of compressed psion. (melee gram demolition) It is still possible to break it, but it will very time consuming.
Old 2013-08-15, 06:53   Link #5946
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
if shippou is like shinji i feel bad things will happen to kasumi...
Don't joke like that! I'm actually supporting their ship!
Old 2013-08-15, 08:10   Link #5947
Vxx

Quote:
Considering that Tomitsuka can use Gram demolition. The armor is likely make of compressed psion. (melee gram demolition) It is still possible to break it, but it will very time consuming.
In my opinion, his psion armor is more similar to Lu Gonghu's Steel Qigong which can either be erected as an armor of compressed psions or as Data Fortification. Gram Demolition is the usage of compressed psions to destroy magic sequences and not for armor.
Old 2013-08-15, 08:25   Link #5948
hakazee

Quote:
are you sure Tomitsuka can use Gram demolition ?

can you confirm exactly what he did when he save Amy ?

does anyone here read Amelia in Wonderland ?
Old 2013-08-15, 09:20   Link #5949
NoLife222

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
are you sure Tomitsuka can use Gram demolition ?

can you confirm exactly what he did when he save Amy ?

does anyone here read Amelia in Wonderland ?

Spoiler for Amelia in wonderland:
Old 2013-08-15, 09:57   Link #5950
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for Amelia in wonderland:
Ah, I see. He makes up for his lack of psion output by using it in close range to get the same result.
Old 2013-08-15, 10:06   Link #5951
NoLife222

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Ah, I see. He makes up for his lack of psion output by using it in close range to get the same result.
Ah, you are talking about guns and sword theory.
Old 2013-08-15, 10:11   Link #5952
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Ah, you are talking about guns and sword theory.
So am I right? I doubt Tomitsuka has massive psion reservoirs like Tatsuya so the only way to make up for the lack of power would be to sacrifice Gram Demolition's already short range.
Old 2013-08-15, 10:24   Link #5953
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
So am I right? I doubt Tomitsuka has massive psion reservoirs like Tatsuya so the only way to make up for the lack of power would be to sacrifice Gram Demolition's already short range.
Magic isn't affected by distance, so I don't see why you would think it somehow takes less psions when used that way.

Its more likely that this variation of the ability works as a sort of stationary fortress. By using a sort of gram demolition as an armor around his body he makes it hard to cast magic on him. That would keep him from having to keep recasting it and make it more practical, though still a super-heavyweight.

Of course this is just based on scraps of spoilers that may not even be accurate, but if i'm right this seems like something Tats could learn.
Old 2013-08-15, 10:38   Link #5954
CatRules
Shipper

Magic isn't affected by distance EXCEPT non-systematic category which both Gram Demolition and Gram Dispersion are belonged to.
Old 2013-08-15, 10:42   Link #5955
Occulus
〜(^∇^〜) (〜^∇^)〜

Quote:
Magic isn't affected by distance, so I don't see why you would think it somehow takes less psions when used that way.
Isn't Gram Demolition one of the few non-systematic magics that is affected by distance? That's why it has a limited range right?
Old 2013-08-15, 10:44   Link #5956
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:

Its more likely that this variation of the ability works as a sort of stationary fortress. By using a sort of gram demolition as an armor around his body he makes it hard to cast magic on him. That would keep him from having to keep recasting it and make it more practical, though still a super-heavyweight.

Of course this is just based on scraps of spoilers that may not even be accurate, but if i'm right this seems like something Tats could learn.
That is only if said magic uses the information dimension in which distance and movement do not exist. Judging from explanations so far, psions normally exist in the third dimension and when they are compiled into magic sequences they are funneled through the gate, which exists in the lowest region of the conscious and the highest region of the subconscious, into the information dimension.

Gram Demolition is not a magic sequence so it does not use the information dimension. It is a cannonball of psions in the third dimension.
Old 2013-08-15, 10:53   Link #5957
bludvein

No reason was given for why Gram Demolition has a supposedly limited range, and seeing as how Tatsuya dukes it out with Masaki from long range not long afterwards(using GD), i'm betting there is some kind of miscommunication somewhere. I think they meant the range of the magic itself. Its scale isn't very large when compared to the flashier magics.
Old 2013-08-15, 11:54   Link #5958
pampz21
Shipper4Lyf

So some of the spoiler is ryt, Tatsuya did use decomposition and Elem Sight, cuz for him to cast GramDispersion he needed to know what kind of magic Tomitsuka is using! Tatsuya did go 20% serious? or is it 40%?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2013-08-15, 12:06   Link #5959
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Why would they cover up the fact though, and then continue to treat him like an unwanted red-headed stepchild? The Yotsuba aren't even ashamed of the incident, because it's the incident that led to the entire world being scared of the Yotsuba.

And why would Maya be incapable of taking care of a child? Barren people who want children adopt.
The Yotsuba fear his abilities and powers. Maybe they intended to kill him but Miya decided to perform the procedure and take Tatsuya in as her own son as an act of atonement for what she did to Maya in the past since it always weighed so heavily on her. Either way the family would be pretty adamant that Tatsuya couldn't be raised as Maya's son since that would put him in too high of a position of power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
if tatsuya was born from a rape then why would he have the super psion supply that his dad had?
Considering Tatsuya would be an experiment in this case it's not impossible that they found someone with the same genes suited for high psion count as Tatsuya's supposed dad to use so that he wont break down so easily. They have a tendency to kidnap people for that purpose so it isn't impossible that they had someone with gene's that were similar.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2013-08-15 at 12:27.
Old 2013-08-15, 12:35   Link #5960
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Magic isn't affected by distance EXCEPT non-systematic category which both Gram Demolition and Gram Dispersion are belonged to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
Isn't Gram Demolition one of the few non-systematic magics that is affected by distance? That's why it has a limited range right?
Actually, all magic requires psion manipulation. So, technically, they're all non-systematic. Gram Dispersion is non-systematic, but unlike Gram Demolition there is a magic sequence and meaningful structure to it like typical spells.

Here's what I think. Tatsuya's Gram Demolition could not penetrate Tomitsuka's wall of psions. So he used Elemental Sight to analyze Tomitsuka's spell and used Gram Dispersion to decompose it, somehow disguising it as Gram Demolition. Come to think of it. This is the first time we've actually seen Tatsuya use Gram Dispersion.

Quote:
Spoiler for Story known so far of D7 chp 6(unconfirmed)::

Some are still unconfirmed so read at your own accord.
That was unusually manly for Shippou. I'm starting to think we've misjudged him. Maybe there is hope for this guy after all, but he should really lighten up. The lesson here could also apply to his conflict with the Saegusa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
If the notes about Tomitsuka's magic being an armor of Psions are true, then no, not really. Mist Dispersal is Systematic magic. By definition, any magic he's using on Psions is NOT Systematic magic due to the target being 100% wrong for Systematic Magic. So logically, Mist Dispersal is an impossible option with the information currently provided. (An armor of Psions is still Psions.) So Gram Demolition and Gram Dispersion make way more sense.
Actually, systematic magic can also be applied to psions, not just physical objects. Take Tatsuya's duel with Hattori in which he created psion waves by applying oscillation magic on the psions.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-08-15 at 13:34.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings