AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-13, 10:56   Link #8561
Sylux

If someone were to hurt Miyuki Tatsuya would just annihilate them.
Old 2013-12-13, 11:04   Link #8562
animeisinteresting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
actually, chapter 9 is incomplete. I already mentioned this long ago but no one seems to care nor any change happen........... I found it (very) strange that no one said anything about this. The part where the conversation topic in the chapter changed abruptly should be enough to make someone noticed.
It's been mentioned before since the summary post was a lot longer. But unless one of the translators has a look what's really going to happen? nothing.
Old 2013-12-13, 11:47   Link #8563
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
In the 9 schools competion he used a diferent magic than to ko hattori. Instead of intoxicate his opponents with psions he used psion waves and biological waves(?), wich gives the name of the magic i think means he used psion waves that ressonated with the oponent natural frequency.

Isn t the interference power used to stop magic from changing the eidos? If he is using the psions he isn changing the eidos with magic, just like interference doesn t stop gram demolition. And isn t it true that non sistematic doesn t have activation sequences? Só why flash cast
He uses compound Psion waves on Hattori too. They explicitly state so after the fight with Suzune guessing and Tatsuya confirming. The difference is that Trident is a way better CAD than the 9 Schools Competition CADs, so there are hardware differences in the downgrade that keep him from making it as effective as he normally could, so using the same thing with the crappier CAD only staggers the target instead of completely incapacitating.

And ugh, it looks like there's another line I need to look up in the raw later.

Interference zone strength stops anything that's weaker than it. I'm pretty sure Gram Demolition ignores it specifically because of what Gram Demolition is, not because it is Non-Systematic Magic, but I really don't have the time to dig through every single volume looking for when the situation is mentioned.
Old 2013-12-13, 11:59   Link #8564
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeisinteresting View Post
It's been mentioned before since the summary post was a lot longer. But unless one of the translators has a look what's really going to happen? nothing.
Actually something more has been added to it recently (the part about the twins wanting to go to first high but were rejected.)
Old 2013-12-13, 12:24   Link #8565
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
First, let make it clear, they are just some kidnappers from Han Dynasty, they obviously are not the same level as the UNSA's kidnappers AKA "Star Dust". You can picture their level now right? Not really that awesome.
---------
Next, let me ask you this: Would you planed an invasion, to go to war but not plan to use the best ?

Although it didn't mention specifically about the formation of GAA 8 years ago but just look at the recent Yokohama disturbance, there are magicians.
Or just look at their objective, compared to "kidnap a 12 year-old girl who's with her 14 year-old fiances", GAA planned to attack an military base with 101-the elite magicians. Let forget the fact that there are a full-fledged Yotsuba, a full-fledged Guardian, a 13-y-old Guardian and a 12 year-old girl (which far more challenging than Koichi's case already), are you saying that they plan to attack a magic military base, which is far more challenging than kidnapping 2 little kids but never plan to bring magicians of their own or bring less fire power than few elite magicians?(did i just repeat "far more challenging"? that means it's a key point)

I don't think you appreciate the gravity of the situation.
=>Not having some high-ranking magicians in war is as ridiculous as saying "i'm going all out but i'm not going all out."
---------
He beat a lots of 101st personnel-which are regarded as elite magicians- back then already. The results speak for him already.
Just take it and go.
Take it. And go.
takeitandgo....
*rant time*
Spoiler:
Agree with ya there . Somehow the more I read, the more I think how pitiful Koichi is . First he lost his fiancee to some "pedophile rapists" because he wasn't strong enough, now he is afraid that her clan has grown too powerful? What a bad joke . Again, I do think this set up is really interesting
Old 2013-12-13, 13:48   Link #8566
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
He uses compound Psion waves on Hattori too. They explicitly state so after the fight with Suzune guessing and Tatsuya confirming. The difference is that Trident is a way better CAD than the 9 Schools Competition CADs, so there are hardware differences in the downgrade that keep him from making it as effective as he normally could, so using the same thing with the crappier CAD only staggers the target instead of completely incapacitating.

And ugh, it looks like there's another line I need to look up in the raw later.

Interference zone strength stops anything that's weaker than it. I'm pretty sure Gram Demolition ignores it specifically because of what Gram Demolition is, not because it is Non-Systematic Magic, but I really don't have the time to dig through every single volume looking for when the situation is mentioned.
Here
Quote:
"Gram Demolition uses compressed psion particles to directly detonate the target by charging forward without using the Information Dimension. This Counter Magic is accomplished by forcibly blowing away all the accompanying Activation and Magic Sequences — anything that has traces of magic psions recorded on it.
This is a magic that demolishes the record of magic (Gram), hence the name Gram Demolition.
While it is called magic, this is strictly a psion cannon ball that makes no attempt to use Magic Sequences to alter reality. This way, Gram Demolition is not restricted by Data Fortification or wide area interference, and the cannon ball's own pressure would reject any effects of Cast Jamming.
I don t know if non sistematic magic uses magic sequences for controlling the psions, but it doesn t use magic sequences to alter reality, so shouldn t be affected by wide área interference or data fortification right?
And in the second quote they say that he is using a diferent magic that on hattori (no compound waves, just normal psion waves with the same frequency that the oponent biological waves while on hattori he used 3 psion waves with diferent frequencies that had some reaction between themselves in hattori's position(need to study phisics to explain better lol))

Quote:
"...'Resonate', eh, Nonsystematic Magic."
"So he used biological waves and the psion wave to create resonance in order to incapacitate his opponent?"

"What do you mean? He used 'Resonance' during the last match and something else to take out Hattori. Shouldn't he have more tricks up his sleeve?"
"Supposedly, he cannot use the magic he used against Hanzou-kun because the hardware requirements for the competition-use CAD are unable to execute his abilities. Likewise, wasn't his 'Resonance' attack from the last match unable to completely silence his opponent?
Old 2013-12-13, 16:22   Link #8567
Rava

Quote:
Here

I don t know if non sistematic magic uses magic sequences for controlling the psions, but it doesn t use magic sequences to alter reality, so shouldn t be affected by wide área interference or data fortification right?
You need to show me where in that quote it says "Non-Systematic Magic" when it's talking about Gram Demolition. But I can tell you right now:

It doesn't.

Because they're not talking about all Non-Systematic Magic having the characteristic. They are talking solely about Gram Demolition having that characteristic.

NOT all Non-Systematic Magic.

Quote:
And in the second quote they say that he is using a diferent magic that on hattori (no compound waves, just normal psion waves with the same frequency that the oponent biological waves while on hattori he used 3 psion waves with diferent frequencies that had some reaction between themselves in hattori's position(need to study phisics to explain better lol))
Combining different people's conversations is a good way to confuse things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 1, Chapter 3
"Compound waves."
"Rin-chan?"
Just this short sentence was not sufficient for the intelligent Mayumi to understand. Naturally, Suzune's explanation wasn't finished.
"By consecutively creating three varied vibrations, then have their intersection point at Hattori-kun's location, thus creating an equilateral surge through these powerful wave motions. To think you were capable of making such precise calculations."
"Quite the explanation, Ichihara-senpai."
Although Suzune was also quite shocked at Tatsuya's calculation abilities, she also deserves considerable credit for comprehending the mechanics after seeing it only once, Tatsuya thought.
What your quoted conversation proves is that whatever he used to disable Hattori wasn't Resonate, specifically. But he still used whatever it was, which had to have been Non-Systematic Magic, to create compound Psion waves.
Old 2013-12-13, 17:00   Link #8568
Diocar

Quote:
You need to show me where in that quote it says "Non-Systematic Magic" when it's talking about Gram Demolition. But I can tell you right now:

It doesn't.

Because they're not talking about all Non-Systematic Magic having the characteristic. They are talking solely about Gram Demolition having that characteristic.

NOT all Non-Systematic

What your quoted conversation proves is that whatever he used to disable Hattori wasn't Resonate, specifically. But he still used whatever it was, which had to have been Non-Systematic Magic, to create compound Psion waves.
first, compound psion waves simply means that 2 or more psion waves were combined (or had some interaction). Thus he makes the psions vibrate with magic, in hattori's case he used 3 psion waves (groups of psions with the same frequence) and made these 3 waves intersect and react ( creating a compound wave) and intoxicated hattori with the psions. In the competion he used psion waves with the same frequence that the human bodie natural frequence, creating a ressonanse which hurts the target.
In both cases he used non sistematic magic because he controled the psions instead of altering the reality, wich by the way is the definition of non sistematic magic. So if You want in both cases he used psion waves (psions with the same frequence) and NOT compound waves.

So my question about area interference and non sistematic magic as all non sistematic magic manipulates psions instead of altering the reality (wich is the aspect of gram demolition used in the quote) should make a lot of sense.

Quote:
While it is called magic, this is strictly a psion cannon ball that makes no attempt to use Magic Sequences to alter reality. This way, Gram Demolition is not restricted by Data Fortification or wide area interference, and the cannon ball's own pressure would reject any effects of Cast Jamming.
Old 2013-12-13, 18:28   Link #8569
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
now he is afraid that her clan has grown too powerful? What a bad joke . Again, I do think this set up is really interesting
Hey this is important you know.

Yotsuba destroy the world balance, they're too dangerous.

Kudou know about it, that's why he doesn't interfere with koichi's plan.
Old 2013-12-13, 18:35   Link #8570
Rava

I'm sorry, but your logic makes no sense. All you are doing here is contradicting yourself.

Quote:
first, compound psion waves simply means that 2 or more psion waves were combined (or had some interaction).
Quote:
In the competion he used psion waves with the same frequence that the human bodie natural frequence, creating a ressonanse which hurts the target.
Quote:
So if You want in both cases he used psion waves (psions with the same frequence) and NOT compound waves.
This is how what you are saying looks like from my view point.

Compound Psion waves are psion waves that have some sort of interaction with each other.

In the Competition, he used Psion waves to interact with the human body's natural frequency.

Therefore, because they interacted, they are not compound Psion waves.

This kind of conclusion makes NO sense whatsoever.

Quote:
So my question about area interference and non sistematic magic as all non sistematic magic manipulates psions instead of altering the reality (wich is the aspect of gram demolition used in the quote) should make a lot of sense.
No, it does not.

You are taking a statement of a specific case and applying it to the whole with no precedent. You have not demonstrated how Non-Systematic Magic overall does not use Magic Sequences, only that Gram Demolition does not. Given the description of what Gram Demolition is, it makes sense that Gram Demolition would not.

It does not make sense to extrapolate that because Gram Demolition doesn't need a Magic Sequence, all other Non-Systematic Magic does not need one.
Old 2013-12-13, 19:23   Link #8571
Diocar

Quote:
I'm sorry, but your logic makes no sense. All you are doing here is contradicting yourself.

This is how what you are saying looks like from my view point.

Compound Psion waves are psion waves that have some sort of interaction with each other.

In the Competition, he used Psion waves to interact with the human body's natural frequency.

Therefore, because they interacted, they are not compound Psion waves.

This kind of conclusion makes NO sense whatsoever.

No, it does not.

You are taking a statement of a specific case and applying it to the whole with no precedent. You have not demonstrated how Non-Systematic Magic overall does not use Magic Sequences, only that Gram Demolition does not. Given the description of what Gram Demolition is, it makes sense that Gram Demolition would not.

It does not make sense to extrapolate that because Gram Demolition doesn't need a Magic Sequence, all other Non-Systematic Magic does not need one.
Arrgh If You studied phisics or If my phisics regarding this weren t so rusty this would be easier.
In hattori 3 waves in the same phase (preferebly in a peak(max amplitude)) interacted in hattori's position creating a new wave with three times the amplitude-the compound wave (in terms of psions i don t know what the amplitude means, but normally is related to intensity or energy things like that)
In the competion a wave with aproximity the same frequency of the body natural frequency (frequency of ressonance) interacted with the body's ressonance frequency. I don t remember the phisics this causes but it is dangerous. For example when people scream and glass breaks is beacause the frequence of the sound was similar to the glass's ressonance frequence.
I get what You said, though when i wrote i didn t even think of it that way because the interactions are complete diferent and i didn t want to think.

I didn t extrapolate that, in fact some posts ago i asked that, however non sistematic magic doesn t try to change the eidos and i think the objective of área interference is to prevent the magician from altering eidos... So it shouldn t work because non sistematic controls psions instead of trying to change the eidos.However if You don t need sequences to control the psions in order to make gram demolition why would You need sequences to control them for other things?
Old 2013-12-13, 19:23   Link #8572
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*´∀`)ノ

Quote:
Actually something more has been added to it recently (the part about the twins wanting to go to first high but were rejected.)
Whoa they really add it

All those spaces seems to indicate that there are more to be translated and it's not complete yet. Hopefully it'll be finished before ch 10 comes up (which might be completed today orz)

Old 2013-12-13, 19:29   Link #8573
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Dreyakis is like a terminator.
"Volume 12 Chapter 10 - 233/250 (Maybe today.) "

Is it me or he really translates 233 pages in what? 2 days?

Does he have a break from school? (Christmas and new year)
Die while being awesome.
He then revives faster than Jesus.
Old 2013-12-13, 19:32   Link #8574
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Dreyakis is like a terminator.
"Volume 12 Chapter 10 - 233/250 (Maybe today.) "

Is it me or he really translates 233 pages in what? 2 days?

Does he have a break from school? (Christmas and new year)
Volume 12 Chapter 10 - 233/250

That means

The chapter start from page 233
Finish at page 250

Not a long chapter.
Old 2013-12-13, 19:57   Link #8575
Waxman

Chapter 10 may not be long but Dreyakis has posted the introduction, the prologue (chapter 0 if you prefer) and chapters 1 to 4 and chap. 8 in little more than a week.
Realistic translations take normally a month per chapter, a chapter per week is incredibly fast even with short chapter so i believe that "Dreyakis Tempo" is incredible.

Last edited by Waxman; 2013-12-13 at 20:58.
Old 2013-12-13, 19:59   Link #8576
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
Chapter 10 may not be long but Dreyakis has posted the introduction, the prologue (chapter 0 if you prefer) and chapters 1 to 8 in little nore than a week.
Realistic translations take normally a month per chapter, a chapter per week is incredibly fast even with short chapter so i believe that "Dreyakis Tempo" is incredible.
Like I said before, he translates at a blitzkrieg pace when he has the time.

Woe to us all if RL intervenes.
Old 2013-12-13, 20:18   Link #8577
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Whoa they really add it

All those spaces seems to indicate that there are more to be translated and it's not complete yet. Hopefully it'll be finished before ch 10 comes up (which might be completed today orz)
Apparently there was an issue with the html code. The transition was always there.
Old 2013-12-13, 20:26   Link #8578
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
Chapter 10 may not be long but Dreyakis has posted the introduction, the prologue (chapter 0 if you prefer) and chapters 1 to 8 in little nore than a week.
I know it.

Only want to clarify that chapter 10 isn't consist of 250 pages. But 17 pages.
Old 2013-12-13, 20:30   Link #8579
Rava

Quote:
Arrgh If You studied phisics or If my phisics regarding this weren t so rusty this would be easier.
In hattori 3 waves in the same phase (preferebly in a peak(max amplitude)) interacted in hattori's position creating a new wave with three times the amplitude-the compound wave (in terms of psions i don t know what the amplitude means, but normally is related to intensity or energy things like that)
In the competion a wave with aproximity the same frequency of the body natural frequency (frequency of ressonance) interacted with the body's ressonance frequency. I don t remember the phisics this causes but it is dangerous. For example when people scream and glass breaks is beacause the frequence of the sound was similar to the glass's ressonance frequence.
I get what You said, though when i wrote i didn t even think of it that way because the interactions are complete diferent and i didn t want to think.
OK, so what you meant is that the overall effect was supposed to be different anyway. Fair enough.

Quote:
I didn t extrapolate that, in fact some posts ago i asked that, however non sistematic magic doesn t try to change the eidos and i think the objective of área interference is to prevent the magician from altering eidos... So it shouldn t work because non sistematic controls psions instead of trying to change the eidos.However if You don t need sequences to control the psions in order to make gram demolition why would You need sequences to control them for other things?
No, the objective of Zone Interference is to suppress all magic in range. It doesn't matter if it is Systematic or not. It only really works well with brokenly powerful people like Miyuki. Gram Demolition is an exception to the effects of Zone Interference because unlike other magic, Gram Demolition specifically does not need to process the Psions to do something with them.

Something to keep in mind here, however, is that Zone Interference and Non-Systematic Magic have been introduced since Volume 1. If all Non-Systematic Magic had this built in exception, why has it not been mentioned in the earlier volumes when it has been used?

The possibility that make sense to me is because there is no such exception for all of Non-Systematic Magic. Otherwise there would be no need to clarify that Gram Demolition had this kind of exception in the first place.
Old 2013-12-13, 21:02   Link #8580
Diocar

Another example is gram dispersion, for him to decompose interference areas must mean the interference doesn t affect his decomposition, which for information bodies is non sistematic. And If You try to remember there haven t been a lot of people who use non sistematic magic nor have we seen a lot of people using interference areas, and i don t remember someone using interference agains non sistematic magic
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings