AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-04, 13:38   Link #9961
Chimurry

FYI: (Fake) Incest starts media warz in Japan again due "decency worries", after Oreimo, this time is , “Saikin Imoto no Yosu ga Chotto Okashiin da ga,” or “Recently, My Sister is Unusual.” Japan Today News on "Decency worries over anime series"
Old 2014-02-04, 15:03   Link #9962
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
FYI: (Fake) Incest starts media warz in Japan again due "decency worries", after Oreimo, this time is , “Saikin Imoto no Yosu ga Chotto Okashiin da ga,” or “Recently, My Sister is Unusual.” Japan Today News on "Decency worries over anime series"
It's an eecchi show aim for adults....It doesn't concern Mahouka
Old 2014-02-04, 15:55   Link #9963
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
This thread has degenerated so much with the shipping. My god.

I actually like Erika, but such a rabid argument is just a pain to read. There is no way she ranks anywhere near Miyuki in Tat's mind no matter how you look at it. That's plain fact, not opinion. The same would be true with Honoka, Mayumi, or anybody else I might care to name. He is hardwired that way. As it stands, from his end they are acquaintances/friends that he likes. That's all.

Tats will have to recover a lot more of his emotions before ANY ship is viable.

So can we actually get back to discussing the work? Any word on the next volume?
Oh just be a bit lax about it, we don't have much to discuss/debate at the moment anyway
But I do agree that we may be getting carried away
Old 2014-02-04, 16:19   Link #9964
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Oh just be a bit lax about it, we don't have much to discuss/debate at the moment anyway
But I do agree that we may be getting carried away
Getting carried away is an understatement....We are lucky that we are disccusing this through the internet...I think some people in this thread is at the verge of choking each other to death....
Old 2014-02-04, 16:56   Link #9965
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
It's an eecchi show aim for adults....It doesn't concern Mahouka
It concerns when they confuse ecchi and (fake) incest cuz MC are step siblings not blood but keep in mind Mahouka now is under production process and this could directly affect anime script vs LNs.
Old 2014-02-04, 19:54   Link #9966
fujin of shadows

Quote:
It concerns when they confuse ecchi and (fake) incest cuz MC are step siblings not blood but keep in mind Mahouka now is under production process and this could directly affect anime script vs LNs.
If they allowed OreImu and Yosuga no Sora to air, they will allow Mahouka to air. And, all things considered, Mahouka is not extreme incest....It is fluffy incest and heartwarming.....No echi stuff between Tatsuya and Miyuki....

I mean, Tatsuya and Miyuki is still in the flirting.

Also, the anime will air in April, it's February....Madhouse would be suicidal if they would change the script this late...And also, the fluffy incest of Mahouka is one of the plot points and one of the most entertaining portion of the novel...They remove that, they would damage the Mahouka Anime...
Old 2014-02-05, 01:24   Link #9967
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
If they allowed OreImu and Yosuga no Sora to air, they will allow Mahouka to air. And, all things considered, Mahouka is not extreme incest....It is fluffy incest and heartwarming.....No echi stuff between Tatsuya and Miyuki....

I mean, Tatsuya and Miyuki is still in the flirting.

Also, the anime will air in April, it's February....Madhouse would be suicidal if they would change the script this late...And also, the fluffy incest of Mahouka is one of the plot points and one of the most entertaining portion of the novel...They remove that, they would damage the Mahouka Anime...
Well, I been worried they made presure on original and could affect, damaging LNs like I heard happened to Oreimo, Aki Sora among others...
Old 2014-02-05, 02:42   Link #9968
pampz21
ripApart

Quote:
Well, I been worried they made presure on original and could affect, damaging LNs like I heard happened to Oreimo, Aki Sora among others...
Dont worry too much.; Tatsuya and Miyuki are only flirting thats it; well if you were watching Seitokai Yakuin TsudaxKotomi its just like that but only difference is that they arent doing any lewd jokes;#! Just leave everthing to Tatsuya, he wont do anything to Miyuki even if its proven that they arent related by blood

PS: I want to see the cover real bad, this reminds me, Erika is the only one having image change every vol. Huh? Everyone looks the same since vol. 1...I guess the mostly Miyuki and Erika or rather female cast are the people we see usually dressing up

Boredom can kill you~
Old 2014-02-05, 04:28   Link #9969
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutShell View Post
i wish Minami-chan for new coming cover she was so adorable in dengeki bunko illustration
but Kuroba twins chance for cover probably high, since saegusa twins was for vol 12

who is more powerfull kuroba twins or seagusa twins
2 on 2 maybe saegusa win.
Saegusa twins more powerfull when they use their twin magic.

1 on 1 maybe kuroba win.

But who knows.
Old 2014-02-05, 06:36   Link #9970
Lucarion
The Knight of NTR.

Quote:
OreImo's problems came from the author wanting to keep the romcom tone, trying to get around the censure, and trying to please the fans who want a blood-related ending. Fushimi showed he was very knowledgeable about the imouto-otaku subculture...and one of the things they(or rather we) HATE is having a not-blood related cop-out...It cheapens the taboo aspect of the relationship. So he wanted to keep Kyousuke and Kirino related, but with the romcom tone that the story it might make it seem like his story was glorifying such a thing, which he can't do, and because he wanted to keep the light-hearted comedic aspect of his story he couldn't take the story into a dramatic direction which would have solved everything but also meant that his "imouto romcom" novel would end on an ending where the protagonists effectively ruined their futures--darkening everything. So I believe his hands were tied by the set up he himself built.

As for Aki Sora...It was mostly just incest for the sake of incest. And some of the characters displayed some pretty disturbing thought processes and unhealthy actions.

Now compare these two to Yosuga no Sora, and I think it'll be obvious why that did so much better in handling the incest and why it passed the censures: it was dramatic, the story didn't glorify incest, and the protagonists, while happy, have to face the consequences of their being together and are completely aware they're in the wrong. It was simply love.

Now we just need to see how Mahouka manages to outfox the censures when or, as some of you contend, if they go for the TatsuyaXMiyuki route. But I think there's reason to believe it'd be capable of getting past it with enough cleverness.
Old 2014-02-05, 07:31   Link #9971
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
OreImo's problems came from the author wanting to keep the romcom tone, trying to get around the censure, and trying to please the fans who want a blood-related ending. Fushimi showed he was very knowledgeable about the imouto-otaku subculture...and one of the things they(or rather we) HATE is having a not-blood related cop-out...It cheapens the taboo aspect of the relationship. So he wanted to keep Kyousuke and Kirino related, but with the romcom tone that the story it might make it seem like his story was glorifying such a thing, which he can't do, and because he wanted to keep the light-hearted comedic aspect of his story he couldn't take the story into a dramatic direction which would have solved everything but also meant that his "imouto romcom" novel would end on an ending where the protagonists effectively ruined their futures--darkening everything. So I believe his hands were tied by the set up he himself built.

As for Aki Sora...It was mostly just incest for the sake of incest. And some of the characters displayed some pretty disturbing thought processes and unhealthy actions.

Now compare these two to Yosuga no Sora, and I think it'll be obvious why that did so much better in handling the incest and why it passed the censures: it was dramatic, the story didn't glorify incest, and the protagonists, while happy, have to face the consequences of their being together and are completely aware they're in the wrong. It was simply love.

Now we just need to see how Mahouka manages to outfox the censures when or, as some of you contend, if they go for the TatsuyaXMiyuki route. But I think there's reason to believe it'd be capable of getting past it with enough cleverness.
Considering that the author can create a semi-realistic and a shitful complicated world, getting around some censorship should be easy for him...
Old 2014-02-05, 07:42   Link #9972
Lucarion
The Knight of NTR.

On a darker note: who else here thinks the great Shiba Tatsuya is either being set up for this awesome triumph, or this really painful fall?

Also, bullshit hypothesis: Zhou's boss would share many similarities with Tatsuya.
Old 2014-02-05, 21:19   Link #9973
BlueDanube

Quote:
Looks like in the new anime PV, Miyuki calls Tatsuya " Aniki " not Oni-sama.
Old 2014-02-05, 21:26   Link #9974
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDanube View Post
Looks like in the new anime PV, Miyuki calls Tatsuya " Aniki " not Oni-sama.
She said "ani." Whatever that means.
Old 2014-02-05, 21:35   Link #9975
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
She said "ani." Whatever that means.
It's another way to refer to a brother, I believe. She uses it in the reminiscence volume before realizing how much she loves Tatsuya.

Wait, does that mean the anime is getting there? But that's impossible without massive rushing!

Oh crap
Old 2014-02-05, 22:02   Link #9976
Ultragunner

, no no. "Ani" is just a common word when you refer to a brother, have you seen anyone called his/her little sis like: "hey imouto, ...." :heh"
Old 2014-02-05, 23:37   Link #9977
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
, no no. "Ani" is just a common word when you refer to a brother, have you seen anyone called his/her little sis like: "hey imouto, ...." :heh"
But there are some implications for how you refer to your brother.

"Oniisama" is CRAZY respectful.

"Ani" is pretty casual.
Old 2014-02-05, 23:43   Link #9978
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
But there are some implications for how you refer to your brother.

"Oniisama" is CRAZY respectful.

"Ani" is pretty casual.
Exactly, and I think we all know to which direction Miyuki tilts.

Also, I honestly don't remember her using that term anywhere else. She isn't shy when it comes to show her love, after all, and for her, calling Tatsuya "onii-sama" is a pretty big deal.
Old 2014-02-06, 00:03   Link #9979
Ultragunner

in the Anime PV, she and Tatsuya are more or less talking to the audience about the setting of their story, Tatsuya said "imouto" when introducing Miyuki, and Miyuki said "Ani" when she talked about Tatsuya, that's it
Old 2014-02-06, 01:14   Link #9980
iheartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
2 on 2 maybe saegusa win.
Saegusa twins more powerfull when they use their twin magic.

1 on 1 maybe kuroba win.

But who knows.

Kuroba twins have significantly more real combat experience so they're probably more likely to win in a duel. But if it's just a simple magic power test (like the one that Miyuki did with Lina), then who knows?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings