AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-02-21, 12:33   Link #10561
Rasen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
nah, Tatsuya knows shes not purely japanese the first time they meet.
What's your point? He knew Leo wasn't fully Japanese either.
Rasen is offline  
Old 2014-02-21, 14:08   Link #10562
ahmadyazidozi
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: the "where" in somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
These are the muscles passed down in the Juumonji line for GENERATIONS.
along with the FLOWER
ahmadyazidozi is offline  
Old 2014-02-21, 16:26   Link #10563
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
These are the muscles passed down in the Juumonji line for GENERATIONS.
*sparkle*sparkle*sparkle*
__________________
XFire is online now  
Old 2014-02-21, 17:26   Link #10564
pampz21
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Dont get him started on Erika, your right, but he can go on for AGES on how everything is Erika related.

Edit: to late, hes started.
Oi,oi dont make me look like a fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadyazidozi View Post
i think i know what quotations mean (i hope )
but please tell me what it actually used for, i could've used it in a wrong way.

and yes sir, i do know that Tats never cheat the tournament.
He is just too damn flawless and godly.

i put quotations on the "Cheat"(on Tats) means that it just look like that from the No-head Dragon's Officials sides.

come on, He just crushed the plan of the fake officials that actually trying to Cheat the game.
and He did it by extremely force the game to its rightful track With His CAD engineering skills, strategy and all.
he does not cheat, it just look like he is cheating.

well, if we think rationally as normal human or normal magician. Tats existence Itself is look like cheating.
Strategic-Class Magician + CAD Engineering skills that is two or three year better than the present + from that Yotsuba + Master-level Ninja skill + etc

no wonder some of us call him Godsuya
Tatsuya never cheats, he just finds holes in the rules and exploit them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
What's your point? He knew Leo wasn't fully Japanese either.
Yes Tatsuya knows Leo isnt full japanese; but the one who reveal it was Leo himself. Tatsuya reaction to meeting Leo and Erika are clearly different. Well Tatusya was just curios to why the chiba family is keeping Erika's identity until now; We also learned in vol. 4 through Miki that something happend two years ago that she cut her hair, and never let it grow again. then last spring, she never loosen her grip with the sword. meaning Erika was probably only able to carry the name "Chiba" just before the school starts. Meaning she was a nameless; until recently
pampz21 is offline  
Old 2014-02-21, 18:07   Link #10565
Nandesuto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Oi,oi dont make me look like a fanatic
Have you looked in the mirror lately? 'cuz...*ahem*
Nandesuto is offline  
Old 2014-02-21, 18:42   Link #10566
Rasen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
We also learned in vol. 4 through Miki that something happend two years ago that she cut her hair, and never let it grow again. then last spring, she never loosen her grip with the sword. meaning Erika was probably only able to carry the name "Chiba" just before the school starts. Meaning she was a nameless; until recently
...That's not even close to what was said in volume 4.

Quote:
The last time he saw this expression was before she cut her hair short, when it was even longer than when she allowed it to grow out last spring. Two years ago, she never loosened her grip on the sword in her hand......
What you can guess from this is that:

1. Two years ago, she cut her hair short.

2. Over a year ago, she let her grow out again. (Japanese school year starts in April, so LAST spring would have been at least a year ago.)

Therefore: 2 years ago, maybe something happened. 1 year ago, something made her feel better. My "author-loves-the sibling-loving" sense is tingling.
Rasen is offline  
Old 2014-02-21, 18:56   Link #10567
pampz21
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
...That's not even close to what was said in volume 4.



What you can guess from this is that:

1. Two years ago, she cut her hair short.

2. Over a year ago, she let her grow out again. (Japanese school year starts in April, so LAST spring would have been at least a year ago.)

Therefore: 2 years ago, maybe something happened. 1 year ago, something made her feel better. My "author-loves-the sibling-loving" sense is tingling.
Shiimatta~ I cant believe it I said it wrong
So she cut her hair short 2 years and let it grow for a year; but cut it again. If you can see Erika's hair grow fast. She can already put it in ponytail in just a mere 8-10 months. So the thing that made Erika grow her hair is probably, when she was allowed to carry the name "Chiba";But thats weird cuz Erika's hard work only bloomed this Year in when she was on high school.

Quote:
Before all of that, Inagaki wasn’t in the same category as Erika. If tapped as a sparring partner, he would simply be a toy for her to play with. With her original outstanding ability and the meteoric rise in the past half a year, the worthy opponents for Erika in the Chiba style were probably restricted to only the current head and her two older brothers. The fact that Erika’s ability far exceeded her rank was out of consideration for her older sister who was only mundane in swordsmanship and talent, a fact that was well known among the family’s disciples.
Did the author mess up her time line?

wait wait; "my loveable Erika" sense is still tingling;
Well alot of things made sense this vol. 12 for me; in vol. 3 Erika stated that their elders told them to infiltrate on 9sc; then on vol. 4 Tatsuya meet Einst Rozen; so we can speculate that the elder that ask Erika to infiltrate 9SC is probably Rozen bcuz I cant see Erika's father asking her own daughter for something like infiltration when she still hasnt acknowledge Erika fully and now the Rozen is said to be making a move and its 9sc season again. Masaka, we'll get another clue this comming arc?
pampz21 is offline  
Old 2014-02-21, 19:53   Link #10568
hakazee
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Tats is part of the magic equiped battalion, which was founded on the idea that the 10 mc shouldnt be the only ones capable of deploying magicians for war. Besides, hes the second strategic class magician who was the main person responsible for the succesful defense by the GAA invasions, and his own research breakthrough as "Taurus Silver" has improved cad technology by 10 years, and his own research into the his personal goal has allowed the creation of the mobile armour, the benifits to warfare need not be said. No matter what they think, the 10 mc cant move openly agaisnt him, because of his ties to both the country and magicians in general.
that's why i say tat's method is RAD.

i can see the 10 MC oppose him in the future.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
does something 30 years ago justify his attempts to endanger both his clan with the constant annoyances he directs at the yotsuba, and the fact he is putting the countrys own magicians in harms way?
no, the Yotsuba become Too Dangerous. Yotsuba destroy the Balance.

they can Dicate Japan whenever they want.

Just tooo Powerfull.


also Yotsuba >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> other things.

they're just Brokenly Overpowered.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
The large issue here is that they shouldnt be treating people who defend them as trash, no matter if there servants or not. what if they were put in harms way and the "servant" decided he/she couldnt care less about there "master", since there always treating him/her like trash?
servant is servant , do your job and don't act overly familiar with your master.

Example, Maya and Hayama.

Hayama do his job, obey his master 100%. never oppose her.
Aoki obey his superior Hayama and try to do his job properly.


Tatsuya ? i do what i want ( or what make my sister happy ) ...................

He's HAUGHTY as servant...........



actually, what happen in Volume 3 is Miyuki's fault.

if she didn't talk anything, i think Tats and Aoki won't have arguments that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Tats never cheated. Not once. He pushed the limit of the rules, sure, but he never broke them.

that's why i put " Quotation Mark " there

Quote:
Quote:
"......Was this Onii-sama's strategy?"

Miyuki's voice as she removed her sunglasses was also filled with wonder. (By the way the sunglasses the three of them wore had been issued beforehand. Miyuki and the others had been mystified as to their purpose, but put them on anyway.)

"To be sure, it's not prohibited by the rules but......"

Shizuku's voice had a hint of reproach in it.

One couldn't help feeling that this was rather against the spirit of fair play.


he isn't FAIR PLAY. simply like that.
hakazee is offline  
Old 2014-02-21, 20:26   Link #10569
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Secret :)
Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
he'll quit if needed but then Miyuki had said "I believe Onii-sama will lose to no one" so Tatsuya is doomed to obtain victory
but if you know if he show his true magic both of them will be on harm's way strictly speaking if tatsuya was force to show his magic he rather quit coz on tatsuya mind if show his magic he will make miyuki and him endanger, also miyuki will understand tatsuya reasoning .... thats why imo he will rather quit than continue .... he and maya have slight understanding of it... lastly if people saw his magic he will have no freedom... ugh sorry if its confusing
__________________
I love both Kiniro no Corda, K-ON!! and GE/GC and High School DxD ^_^


kusabireika is online now  
Old 2014-02-21, 20:33   Link #10570
Requiem-x
The slacking one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
no, the Yotsuba become Too Dangerous. Yotsuba destroy the Balance.

they can Dicate Japan whenever they want.

Just tooo Powerfull.


also Yotsuba >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> other things.

they're just Brokenly Overpowered.
He probably doesn't care about that, though. Kudou is the one who wants to take the Yotsuba down, or at least find a way to match their power.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
servant is servant , do your job and don't act overly familiar with your master.

Example, Maya and Hayama.

Hayama do his job, obey his master 100%. never oppose her.
Aoki obey his superior Hayama and try to do his job properly.


Tatsuya ? i do what i want ( or what make my sister happy ) ...................

He's HAUGHTY as servant...........
That's mostly because Miyuki is the most lenient master ever, to put it mildly



Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
he isn't FAIR PLAY. simply like that.
Now that I think about, it's quite fitting how Tatsuya manipulates the rules and standards to cheat without cheating, when society's rules and standards got him labeled as a failure.
Requiem-x is online now  
Old 2014-02-21, 20:49   Link #10571
hakazee
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
He probably doesn't care about that, though. Kudou is the one who wants to take the Yotsuba down, or at least find a way to match their power.
yeah, but Koichi also say his reason is because Yotsuba too Strong isn't it ?

that means he knows that too. and use that reason to weaken Yotsuba even maybe he has another objective.............


Yeah, we never knew if our neighbour is Terrorist if we never meet and greet them or talking with them.
Yotsuba is like that, live secretly, doing secret job,.........

Yotsuba cut themselves of from the society.
who knows what they're thinking right now ?
hakazee is offline  
Old 2014-02-21, 21:53   Link #10572
goblehook
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Tatsuya ? i do what i want ( or what make my sister happy ) ...................

He's HAUGHTY as servant...........
That's mostly because Miyuki is the most lenient master ever, to put it mildly
Ha! For Tatsuya being a subordinate to Miyuki is simply what the Yotsuba wants of the siblings and is the only stance that the clan recognize.

In reality Hayama recognize that Miyuki is too dependend on Tatsuya. Maya does not refute it and Miyuki refuses to flaunt her mistress status before her Onii-sama.
Onii-sama!!! get it?
Miyuki obeys and follow Tatsuya unconditionally and without question.

Tatsuya is that of an elder brother who dotes his little sister endlessly. And he acts as a knight before his princess who protects her, her wishes and her world.
goblehook is offline  
Old 2014-02-21, 21:59   Link #10573
Requiem-x
The slacking one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblehook View Post
Miyuki obeys and follow Tatsuya unconditionally and without question.

Tatsuya is that of an elder brother who dotes his little sister endlessly. And he acts as a knight before his princess who protects her, her wishes and her world.
Now I'm thinking of them cuddling for some reason. It's cute
Requiem-x is online now  
Old 2014-02-21, 22:59   Link #10574
Reality_Breaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblehook View Post
Tatsuya is that of an elder brother who dotes his little sister endlessly. And he acts as a knight before his princess who protects her, her wishes and her world.
But that's only because of his artificially heightened brotherly feelings, i'm sure he would protect her even if he wasn't in the current condition, but not to the extent he does so currently.

I have decided to not read them LN or watch the anime when it releases until I read about or find out about something that holds my attention, this got boring after the thousand time the mentioned how beautiful Miyuki is, we get it she's the best thing alive stop throwing it in to everyone's faces every chapter. kinda the reason I don't like Miyuki too much. So i'll keep skulking and reading your posts until something catches my eye and makes me want to continue reading this LN.
__________________
Reality_Breaker is offline  
Old 2014-02-21, 23:49   Link #10575
Lucarion
Devotee of the Goddess.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
But that's only because of his artificially heightened brotherly feelings, i'm sure he would protect her even if he wasn't in the current condition, but not to the extent he does so currently.

I have decided to not read them LN or watch the anime when it releases until I read about or find out about something that holds my attention, this got boring after the thousand time the mentioned how beautiful Miyuki is, we get it she's the best thing alive stop throwing it in to everyone's faces every chapter. kinda the reason I don't like Miyuki too much. So i'll keep skulking and reading your posts until something catches my eye and makes me want to continue reading this LN.
You could go with my approach and read it for the Shiva paralells...that's always interesting.

But, of course, that's just me.

Also, Tatsuya's feelings aren't as much heightened as they are concentrated.
Lucarion is offline  
Old 2014-02-21, 23:54   Link #10576
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
But that's only because of his artificially heightened brotherly feelings, i'm sure he would protect her even if he wasn't in the current condition, but not to the extent he does so currently.

I have decided to not read them LN or watch the anime when it releases until I read about or find out about something that holds my attention, this got boring after the thousand time the mentioned how beautiful Miyuki is, we get it she's the best thing alive stop throwing it in to everyone's faces every chapter. kinda the reason I don't like Miyuki too much. So i'll keep skulking and reading your posts until something catches my eye and makes me want to continue reading this LN.
His feelings for Miyuki weren't artificially heightened or anything. It just seems that way because there is nothing else to balance it out. It's his only truly strong emotion left.
__________________
bludvein is online now  
Old 2014-02-22, 00:13   Link #10577
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Secret :)
Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
i do wonder if zhou or mayumi's dad found that tatsuya is a strategic class magician/mahesvara or member of yotsuba what if they make mistakenly that tatsuya is the next head not miyuki :P because of his op magic XD it might be advantage to maya or tatsuya cause miyuki wont be kidnap ?
__________________
I love both Kiniro no Corda, K-ON!! and GE/GC and High School DxD ^_^


kusabireika is online now  
Old 2014-02-22, 00:35   Link #10578
goblehook
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
I have decided to not read them LN or watch the anime when it releases until I read about or find out about something that holds my attention...
...So i'll keep skulking and reading your posts until something catches my eye and makes me want to continue reading this LN.
!?
Hahaha... I don't blame you and I can see how this fail to get your interest. The excitement that we can elicit from the first three volumes are moderate at best. The really juicy part of the story is in Vol 4. The first 3 Volumes is filled with a very heavy foundation of Magical Technology and Plot Setting that's half filling the story.

The reason to the madness is to create a rich and highly stable "logic of Magical Science" that establishes the direction of all possibilities and defines the impossible.

Look at Naruto, Bleach, SAO and Index. Nothing is impossible and anything that the author decides is simply tossed in. Even death simply losses it's meaning anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
But that's only because of his artificially heightened brotherly feelings, i'm sure he would protect her even if he wasn't in the current condition, but not to the extent he does so currently.

...this got boring after the thousand time the mentioned how beautiful Miyuki is, we get it she's the best thing alive stop throwing it in to everyone's faces every chapter. kinda the reason I don't like Miyuki too much.
There is something wrong with the first part but such reasons are irrelevant. I myself does not find Miyuki to be such a beauty. Looking at her illustrations, there is simply nothing in her style that sets her apart from other heroines in other stories. She's just normal.

I do enjoy her as a character though. Her endless display of affection towards her Onii-sama and regular tantrums are simply "too adorable" ^.^. That and her ability to ignore everyone in the suroundings which sets Tatsuya, and everyone in chaos and endless streams of emotional turmoil. Hmm... maybe not Tatsuya >.>

Such exquisite scenarios are fun and enjoyable and since they are spread all over, it does add some spice in the story.

That is as much feedback as I can give you. And whether you pick up the rest of the novel really wouldn't matter to me much. If by any chance that there's anyone able to enjoy my rambling then that is already satisfying for me. I always have a near failing mark in writing compositions after all.
goblehook is offline  
Old 2014-02-22, 01:02   Link #10579
hakazee
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblehook View Post
!?
Hahaha... I don't blame you and I can see how this fail to get your interest. The excitement that we can elicit from the first three volumes are moderate at best. The really juicy part of the story is in Vol 4. The first 3 Volumes is filled with a very heavy foundation of Magical Technology and Plot Setting that's half filling the story.

The reason to the madness is to create a rich and highly stable "logic of Magical Science" that establishes the direction of all possibilities and defines the impossible.

Look at Naruto, Bleach, SAO and Index. Nothing is impossible and anything that the author decides is simply tossed in. Even death simply losses it's meaning anymore.
don't know if he has problem with Gary Stu MC ?
hakazee is offline  
Old 2014-02-22, 02:02   Link #10580
pampz21
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
But that's only because of his artificially heightened brotherly feelings, i'm sure he would protect her even if he wasn't in the current condition, but not to the extent he does so currently.

I have decided to not read them LN or watch the anime when it releases until I read about or find out about something that holds my attention, this got boring after the thousand time the mentioned how beautiful Miyuki is, we get it she's the best thing alive stop throwing it in to everyone's faces every chapter. kinda the reason I don't like Miyuki too much. So i'll keep skulking and reading your posts until something catches my eye and makes me want to continue reading this LN.
Wuuuhhh! Wow never seen a Miyuki hater bfore.
Sis-con may he be, but logically speaking there is no rule for brothers not to spoil their little sister; if i would have one id rather spoil her than always fight with her. Well i only have a brother so i wouldnt have an opportunity but i spoil my grandchildren(iam not that old im only 21); or if i ever have a daugther.

Truth be told im not really fan of the series but more likely fan of Erika; so if ill just be able to read how she goes im ok anyway. Well i understand why u dont like Miyuki very much; due to i sometimes see it too that the author is forcing us to see Miyuki as the perfect woman; but all i can see is a perfect sister, appearance or personality wise.

My advise is that you should ignore when the author praise Miyuki too much; and focus on your favorite character, thats how i survive his physics lesson. Well if you really decide not to read or watch is up to you but i tell you your gonna miss 6 months of anime fun.

PS: just try to look on a different angle...like Erika, uh , Erika and Erika#!
pampz21 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.