AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-02-27, 06:25   Link #10801
pampz21
ripApart
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Shes seen NOTHING, not the fact that hes been a reasearch subject, not about the fact that hes a guardian (all she knows is that hes part of the yotsuba, and hell that isnt even accurate, hes a guardian, not a yotsuba but there "tool"), not the fact that he has lost his "stronger" emotions, Nor the true extent of his abilities, not about taurus and not his identity as a strategic class magician. And no, not even about his personality, Mizuki is possible the only one outside of Miyuki who knows what hes actually like.


From this example, Erika denied in her mind something that tatsuya himself wanted to happen at some point, so he could use her to help cover the yotsuba secret. He DID lead her on.


I cant argue with this, his friends are certainly good for him, but its been quite clear from tats pov that he thinks of all friends the same, hes incapable of feeling any romantic interest so he wont see any past the friendzone.


Best friends forever is not a romantic partner, you dont see friends marrying or dating each other, the whole reason people date and marry is that they see people beyound that. And tats is INCAPABLE of loving somone, its been stated in the novel he lost his "stronger emotions", and they will never return. And in that example she thinks tats is"distant" or "detached. she hasnt quite worked out that Tatsuya has non existant stronger emotions. His "weaker" emotions can be described as detached, but his "stronger" are non existant.


Like it or not, for the most part she is treated as a TOOL. Same as tatsuya. Erika is a outcast among her "clan". And you just downgraded Erika to a consolation prize. Miyuki is the closest among them to him. And its been stated in tats own thought that lina might be able to come closer to understanding tats then even Myiki, and Erika doesnt even come close to this. And erika know nothing about him, and will continue to know nothing untill she learns his secrets.

Now, in order to throw your argument back at you, ill say this. Erika has NOT come close to understanding Mayumi has come closer to understanding him then Erika has. SHe has a complete grasp on his "evil personality", and doesnt think anything is really beyound him, which is completely right. Shes even coming to partly understand his inner monologe about her. The twos personalities are much better suited, Tats is more of a person manipulating from the shadows, and Mayumi has traces of this in her personality. They both have elements that like to tease others, although in tats case its "sit back, watch and enjoy" or to note things that could be misinterpreted the wrong way, and in Mayumis she is the one to do the teasing.

Also, Mayumi is closer to finding out about tats then Erika is. She knows hes a mamber of the 101st batallion like Erika is, but unlike erika who thinks hes part of the yotsuba clan, Mayumi knows hes an "extra', which would be more accurate to describe his circumstances, since hes not a member of the yotsuba clan, hes there "tool". She doesnt know from which clan, but the with Koich and the sage clashing with th yotsuba coming up, she could very well find out.

They have both come to slowly understand about each other, including ways to handle the other, it can be seen in there interactions throughout the novel. And the final point. Any match with Mayumi is going to be politically motivated. Tats is incapable of love. The Yotsuba and saugesta have a rift between the two, caused by the two clan heads. A marrage would be the perfect way to patch that up.


No idea about the other shippers, but i actually think he will end up alone and free of the yotsuba at the end. I just want to join in the fun, and its easy to argue Mayumi's case since it will be a political marrage, no feelings of love needed there on tats part. And Mayumi does like him.
Now i get it; iam wording it wrong Erika doesnt see; rather shes the type to feel. Erika has felt/seen Tatsuya extensive ability, from flash,elemental, regrowth and mistdispersion. Unlike others like George or Mayumi they dont fully grasp wat Tatsuya can do; or rather they misunderstand Tatsuya's abilities. Mayumi did say that he still has the advantage, if they were able to duche it out. The only people who eill feel terror is the people who have complete grasp of his ability like his father,Maya, Hayama. Meaning Erika finally grasp Tatsuya reality.

Tatsuya wouldnt be angry if he considered himself an "extra" muchless to someone like Erika; Erika has been poking,dragging Tatsuya for a year and now he suddenly got angry when she learned hes a Yotsuba? Did you forget that Tatsuya cant feel that....its like when someone is poking on something that you dont want someone to know.if you are still human you would get angry at it...but Tatsuya cant feel anger. And if your telling me that hes treathening her; thats quite a big difference on how he treathen Maki; Tatsuya would just smile like a mad man.

Lina was given a choice and still choose to stay in the army because that wat defined Angie Sirius. At that moment she had a will; shes not a tool anymore.

And the moment Tatsuya came to school stop being a tool for the Yotsuba he develop his own will; it the same reason why he refuse to give up being a guardian.

I dont know why you think Mayumi knows much when she guess hes an extra but; that also means that she thinks Miyuki is an extra. Which is so wrong#! Miyuki would freeze you to death when you she hears you downgrade her as a trash.

Just to tell you that its always Mayumi who is approaching Tatsuya and abusing her status as a s president and a senpai. In my ship both of them approach each other because they like each others company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
That's what I am thinking. A marriage with Mayumi would at the very least help mend the tension in the end between the Yotsuba and the Saegusa even without having any emotions like romantic love. Outside of being alone in the end this has reasonable chances of happening. Tatsuya would likely agree if only just because by ending the feud, then Miyuki wouldn't be placed in excessive danger if he could remove that one faucet of problems. Lina also falls under this category as a descendent of the Kudou family. Girls like Erika bring no real benefit to the Yotsuba or even Tatsuya. The Yotsuba wouldn't likely consider Erika's house's specialty real magic like they consider Tatsuya's magic. She would be good as a bodyguard but the excessively logical and loveless Tatsuya wouldn't see a point in marriage with her.
It maybe the best for the Yotsuba; to that i agree. I also agree that Yotsuba wont benefit from marrying to the chiba or rozen. But iam pretty sure Tatsuya would benefit from staying close to his friends.
And yeah the best thing for Erika ryt now is to became Miyuki or Tatsuya's guardian bcuz she is now part of Tatsuya's scheme and his personaly conspirator.(she can be his righthandman)

Lol so Erika did end up being the Heroine!
Edit: is it just me or that scene is sreaming Maoyusha but slightly different.
Erika: Tatsuya become mine#!
Tatsuya:......
Miyuki: I refuse; oniisama is mine and mine alone#!
Erika: as expected of the demon lord's imouto such a hardcore brocon
__________________


to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life



Last edited by pampz21; 2014-02-27 at 06:57.
pampz21 is offline  
Old 2014-02-27, 06:35   Link #10802
fujin of shadows
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Philippines

Last edited by fujin of shadows; 2014-02-27 at 07:05.
fujin of shadows is offline  
Old 2014-02-27, 06:43   Link #10803
Libros
I never hid my hurts.
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Please remember to use [image] tags or spoiler tags for large images.
__________________
"In this world where classification is key I want to erase the straight lines, so I can be me."
—Staceyann Cinn
Libros is offline  
Old 2014-02-27, 06:53   Link #10804
fujin of shadows
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Please remember to use [image] tags or spoiler tags for large images.
Sorry, don't know how to

By the way, the character design of Mayumi, Suzune, and Azusa is out.
fujin of shadows is offline  
Old 2014-02-27, 06:55   Link #10805
Libros
I never hid my hurts.
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Just copy and paste what I did with your picture onto your post. or just do the following

:[image]put the image link here like you usually do then[/images]
__________________
"In this world where classification is key I want to erase the straight lines, so I can be me."
—Staceyann Cinn
Libros is offline  
Old 2014-02-27, 07:14   Link #10806
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
We've finally got some chara design for Mayumi, but I think it's pretty late, don't ya guys think?

http://mahouka.jp/character/#c12
__________________
Ultragunner is offline  
Old 2014-02-27, 07:18   Link #10807
fujin of shadows
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
We've finally got some chara design for Mayumi, but I think it's pretty late, don't ya guys think?

http://mahouka.jp/character/#c12
The main girls of the series are that are relevant to the plot are:

Miyuki

Erika

Mayumi

The least relevant of the three is Mayumi hence, why her design came out last.
fujin of shadows is offline  
Old 2014-02-27, 07:20   Link #10808
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
no no, that's not my point, still even Mari and Hattori got theirs before Mayumi's
__________________
Ultragunner is offline  
Old 2014-02-27, 07:23   Link #10809
fujin of shadows
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
no no, that's not my point, still even Mari and Hattori got theirs before Mayumi's
Well, I'm a Miyuki fan through and through, but I would admit that Mayumi's design is a cut above the rest...Maybe they took their time finishing her design...
fujin of shadows is offline  
Old 2014-02-27, 07:31   Link #10810
fujin of shadows
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post

Let see....

Ice Queen (Miyuki)

Elven Princess (Mayumi)

Puppy dog (Azusa)

Samurai Girl (Mari)

Scholar(Suzune)
fujin of shadows is offline  
Old 2014-02-27, 07:33   Link #10811
pampz21
ripApart
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Well, I'm a Miyuki fan through and through, but I would admit that Mayumi's design is a cut above the rest...Maybe they took their time finishing her design...
Still sucky she looks like your typical ojou-sama, Rin really had a stern face. Damn all of the character are the same except for Tatsuya,Miyuki and Erika who had major change over from hair style,color, eyes. Which sucks cuz the illustration was more prettier and cool
__________________


to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life


pampz21 is offline  
Old 2014-02-27, 07:37   Link #10812
fujin of shadows
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Still sucky she looks like your typical ojou-sama, Rin really had a stern face. Damn all of the character are the same except for Tatsuya,Miyuki and Erika who had major change over from hair style,color, eyes. Which sucks cuz the illustration was more prettier and cool
In their defense, they can't just copy and paste the original illustrations to the anime. It would be difficult.
fujin of shadows is offline  
Old 2014-02-27, 08:31   Link #10813
BW95
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
I wonder who's gonna voice Kudou. We've never even had an illustration of him before so we don't even know what he looks like.
BW95 is offline  
Old 2014-02-27, 08:47   Link #10814
pampz21
ripApart
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
In their defense, they can't just copy and paste the original illustrations to the anime. It would be difficult.
Then they should made it better rather than downgrading them
__________________


to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life


pampz21 is offline  
Old 2014-02-27, 08:53   Link #10815
Echizen777
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Then they should made it better rather than downgrading them
Funny thing is that they are drawn by the illustrator of the LN. They look good on the PVs so I don't mind.
Echizen777 is offline  
Old 2014-02-27, 11:18   Link #10816
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
I know not much about animation. But I understand that character design is different from illustrations. She has to take into account the animators' 'hardships' and budget. Try not to diss things we have little understanding about.

Now the manga adaptations like yokohama arc is something we can diss.
__________________
larethian is offline  
Old 2014-02-27, 11:35   Link #10817
Chimurry
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I know not much about animation. But I understand that character design is different from illustrations. She has to take into account the animators' 'hardships' and budget. Try not to diss things we have little understanding about.

Now the manga adaptations like yokohama arc is something we can diss.
BTW: SAO doesnt come on april??, maybe avoiding Mahouka and Fairy Tail???
Chimurry is offline  
Old 2014-02-27, 12:30   Link #10818
TonyC1994
Unknown
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
OK, I'm just going to throw this out here. It's still bullcrap right now, but here are the things I expect to see in Mahouka's future:

1) We will get some kind of story set before Tatsuya went under the experiment. We might even get to hear about Miyuki's first words. And it'll probably either "onii-sama" or Tatsuya's name.

2) Tatsuya will trick Miyuki into revealing how she feels about him. Probably by pissing her off.

3) Tatsuya will eventually develop feelings of love for Miyuki...but he will not be won not by her beauty, he will be won by perseverance, the sheer strength of her feelings, and just how far she's willing to go for his sake. It will be her devotion that eventually makes him realize he wants to be with her forever.

4) Tatsuya will take the Yotsuba's mountain HQ for himself. He won't destroy the Yotsuba; he'll become its unquestioned master.
Regarding your first point, I would love to see how Tatsuya was and how Miya interacted with him before his experiment. Actually I would be grateful on any more info regarding Miya in the future. Her character fascinates me for some reason.
TonyC1994 is offline  
Old 2014-02-27, 12:35   Link #10819
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
Lucarion: I see with sympathy how you're trying to reason against the denizens of the cesspool called "Seventhstyle".

Don't.

Seriously, don't. It's pointless. Seventhstyle is Hater Central - full of people whose sorry lives depend on denigrating any anime out there which people might enjoy, and who take solace in the knowledge that everyone else in the comments are just es venomous and bitter. To top it off, Seven strongly censors comments, so if you catch him and his cronies pants-down in an embarrassing way, your notes will start to vanish.

Mahouka will get the SAO treatment: You will be told how eveything is crappy/sucky/shitty/retarded and then some - simply because many people like it. It's required. There's no way around it.

Don't feed the trolls. Let this brook bubble in solitude.
Mentar is offline  
Old 2014-02-27, 13:24   Link #10820
Lucarion
The Knight of NTR.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Lucarion: I see with sympathy how you're trying to reason against the denizens of the cesspool called "Seventhstyle".

Don't.

Seriously, don't. It's pointless. Seventhstyle is Hater Central - full of people whose sorry lives depend on denigrating any anime out there which people might enjoy, and who take solace in the knowledge that everyone else in the comments are just es venomous and bitter. To top it off, Seven strongly censors comments, so if you catch him and his cronies pants-down in an embarrassing way, your notes will start to vanish.

Mahouka will get the SAO treatment: You will be told how eveything is crappy/sucky/shitty/retarded and then some - simply because many people like it. It's required. There's no way around it.

Don't feed the trolls. Let this brook bubble in solitude.

Thanks Mentar...^_^

Don't feed the trolls. Yeah, they do tend to go overboard sometimes...a lot of it can come of as pretty mean-spirited...sometimes pointlessly so. Heck, actually, to be very frank about it, I think Seventhstyle is kinda pretentious.

Still, I must admit I do consider the guys there my friends...I'm part of the SS community. The guys and girls in the cbox are pretty nice when you get to know them. It's for them that I stick around...even though I disagree with a lot of the things there. And as my friends, I try to get them to see Mahouka in a different light because I sincerely want them to have a good time and maybe think differently of the series.

But yeah, you're right. ^_^ I'll try not to let what they say get to me so much (unless it's Miyuki related...because then the gloves are off). I was also supposed to write the episode reviews for Mahouka, but I decided not to do it. It'll just ruin the fun I could have watching the anime, and I wouldn't really be able to give a "fair" review since obviously I'm going to be biased in favor of it, and it'll just give them more reason to try to make it look worse and maybe make fun of me for it.

But seriously thanks Mentar ^_^.

(On another note: looking back it's kinda hard to believe I was part of the Seanver community too. XD Those guys were like the total opposite of SS, hahah.)
Lucarion is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.