AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-10, 10:45   Link #11561
NutShell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
That was a given. Still, it will be interesting to know what they are like. Judging by the image, would that be monolith code there participating in?
if they fight in monolith code (with no gender diffrence, since rule in monolith code basicly same as women mock batle / no touch your opponent, weapon not allowed, but weapon in magic manipulation allowed) i want to see whoo is stronger Minami-chan or kuroba twins

3 weeks to novel release
Old 2014-03-10, 10:50   Link #11562
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Yes, but as far as the public goes, there is currently no magic that possesses such firepower. Of course, if the nation is small enough, then one 20 Megatons MB is what they would call "Nation Class".

The more I think about it, the more awed I get at how utterly and ridiculously overpowered Material Burst is. All you need is a little bit of mass then......
Well, Material Burst is basically an annihilation reactions, kind of like when matter and antimatter come into contact. Since the energy conversion is more or less 100%, MB is definitely way more powerful than any nuke. Plus there's no radiation.
Old 2014-03-10, 11:15   Link #11563
black prince
Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Well, Material Burst is basically an annihilation reactions, kind of like when matter and antimatter come into contact. Since the energy conversion is more or less 100%, MB is definitely way more powerful than any nuke. Plus there's no radiation.
MB is direct conversion from mass to energy. It's different from annihilation reactions
Old 2014-03-10, 11:56   Link #11564
pampz21
ripApart

Spoiler for Wall of text:

Especially for Xfire#! I really wanted to end but i guess the war must go on; even so i really had good laugh when anonfr sees my comment's i can imagine his annoyed face.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-03-10 at 12:38.
Old 2014-03-10, 12:17   Link #11565
only1uknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Hmm don't know. Try google and found this.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_(personification)

Hmmm Hundred Families.

Check volume 03

Spoiler for Hundred:
Thank you, u know i already read this novel more than 7+ times already(i am reading it right now) but becoz i often skip a long ass explanation,information like this are bound to miss lol.
still it doesnt explain on how many 100 family are there and whats the criteria to be called 100 family
i meant not evryone is gonna name themselves with 100/10 digit right?
also Yoshida family is strong but they are not 100 family,is it becoz they are ancient magic user?
Old 2014-03-10, 12:24   Link #11566
tshamo

Hi everyone. I'm new here
Just checked the new volume cover 13
Old 2014-03-10, 12:40   Link #11567
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1uknow View Post
Thank you, u know i already read this novel more than 7+ times already(i am reading it right now) but becoz i often skip a long ass explanation,information like this are bound to miss lol.
still it doesnt explain on how many 100 family are there and whats the criteria to be called 100 family
also Yoshida family is strong but they are not 100 family,is it becoz they are ancient magic user?
I don't think anywhere in the novel describes exactly how many families are in the 100 families. It really just kind of defines a rank for them. the 10's are higher than the 100's etc. There are prominent families that aren't a part of this system though because it is mainly for modern Magic families. The Yoshida Family uses ancient Magic and there are other ancient magic families with fame as well.
Old 2014-03-10, 12:43   Link #11568
XFire
Harem Seeker

You're not even trying anymore. Give it some effort or stay home.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Especially for Xfire#!
Yaaaaay

Most of your arguments revolve around pre-cast, so I'll clear this up now. She did not store a spell in any form to use later, Activation Sequence or other wise. This is not possible by the rules of the world.
Old 2014-03-10, 12:48   Link #11569
pampz21
ripApart

I forgot to add everybody probably knows this but specialized can only have one categotical magic; if its calabirated as non-systematic magic; you can only use non-systematic magic or if osciltation magic; you can only use osciltation magic like inferno or Kirihara's sonic blade.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-03-10, 12:52   Link #11570
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1uknow View Post
There are 28 families which have genes strong enough to be in the 10MC. I guess the 100 families have good genes but they are considerably weaker than those of the 28 families.

The Kudou clan specializes in ancient magic so if the Yoshida family isn't from the 100 families it must be because their genes aren't powerful enough. Retsu was once the world's strongest magician .
Old 2014-03-10, 13:06   Link #11571
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
There are 28 families which have genes strong enough to be in the 10MC. I guess the 100 families have good genes but they are considerably weaker than those of the 28 families.

The Kudou clan specializes in ancient magic so if the Yoshida family isn't from the 100 families it must be because their genes aren't powerful enough. Retsu was once the world's strongest magician .
Kudo created a modern magic version of the ancient magic he studied. They are definitely still a modern magic family. their parade isn't ancient magic, it is modern magic based on Yakumo's ancient magic Technique. so I think that those who stick more closely to ancient magic traditions (such as the yoshida family who apparently still use talismans) are excluded from the 10's and 100's.
Old 2014-03-10, 13:35   Link #11572
Ultraviolet X

I can't remember where, but it was stated somewhere in the ln's that the 100 families are all modern magic users. Kudo magic is just like nosaer stated in the post above, its modern magic based of ancient magic.
Old 2014-03-10, 15:31   Link #11573
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
Kudo created a modern magic version of the ancient magic he studied. They are definitely still a modern magic family. their parade isn't ancient magic, it is modern magic based on Yakumo's ancient magic Technique. so I think that those who stick more closely to ancient magic traditions (such as the yoshida family who apparently still use talismans) are excluded from the 10's and 100's.
Right I have forgotten about this.

Spoiler for Quote from the wikia about the 100 families:

It's close to what I said.

I have a question, how do you think magic schools deal with BS magicians? Tatsuya is a special case, the others should not even be able to use C-Rank magic.
Old 2014-03-10, 16:11   Link #11574
Guest2

They probably didn't have to deal with them as the majority would likely fail the magic portion of the tests like Haruka seems to have indicated in v7. They would likely have gone to normal schools.
Old 2014-03-10, 17:08   Link #11575
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
They probably didn't have to deal with them as the majority would likely fail the magic portion of the tests like Haruka seems to have indicated in v7. They would likely have gone to normal schools.
Probably or they choose an apprenticeship to advance their magic....Haruka was schooled in Ninjutsu by Yakumo Konoe
Old 2014-03-10, 17:19   Link #11576
guestuser

i wonder IF tatsuya do end up having a baby with miyuki how strong will that child be because magic is dominate by their genetics so i wonder what kind of power will he or she have because
judging from both of their power combine it will probability be insanely strong but what ability or magic do u guy think it will have?
Old 2014-03-10, 17:19   Link #11577
pampz21
ripApart

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
You're not even trying anymore. Give it some effort or stay home.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Yaaaaay

Most of your arguments revolve around pre-cast, so I'll clear this up now. She did not store a spell in any form to use later, Activation Sequence or other wise. This is not possible by the rules of the world.
Yay...I know you still have alot in you Iam starting to fall in love;

Iam pretty sure we are not done my love

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-03-10 at 17:32.
Old 2014-03-10, 18:10   Link #11578
anonfr

Quote:
Spoiler for Wall of text:

Especially for Xfire#! I really wanted to end but i guess the war must go on; even so i really had good laugh when anonfr sees my comment's i can imagine his annoyed face.
Read this specifically because you said this would annoy me. It didn't. I was actually bewildered cause there was nothing annoying directed at me.

And I never said Erika couldn't dodge it, I just said she has a 50/50 chance of dodging, it's wrong of you to assume she can 100% no doubt dodge every time due to a bullshit reason and bad comparison. I mean, that's just blind favoritism rising her to Unrealistic standards.

I'm also REALLY curious about some things. Do you have all those novel quotes saved in separate documents somewhere? Are they all marked to correspond with specific arguments so you can whip them out as quickly as you do?

and why do you love Erika so much? What made that happen for you.

Also why do you think I'm the most mad? I'm not the one with detailed paragraphs shutting down your post one after another like you were a demon trying to escape hell.

Last edited by anonfr; 2014-03-10 at 18:35.
Old 2014-03-10, 18:35   Link #11579
pampz21
ripApart

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Read this specifically because you said this would annoy me. It didn't. I was actually bewildered cause there was nothing annoying directed at me.

And I never said Erika couldn't dodge it, I just said she has a 50/50 chance of dodging, it's wrong of you to assume she can 100% no doubt dodge every time due to a bullshit reason and bad comparison. I mean, that's just blind favoritism rising her to Unrealistic standards.

I'm also REALLY curious about some things. Do you have all those novel quotes saved in separate documents somewhere? Are they all marked to correspond with specific arguments so you can whip them out as quickly as you do?

and why do you love Erika so much? What made that happen for you.
Lol; it didnt? Well its ok

Nah; I just remember where to look it up; well due to this arguement thingy; I was force to read. I really skip fights expecially magic battle like Lina vs Miyuki; bcuz I get the feeling that Iam being thought physics which I cant comprehend (me being a nurse its not my specialty)

Well i like her mostly because she's the sexiest; and we gets lots of fanservice from her; do you know Haruka from idolmaster? Those are types I like more; and her ponytail reason why is above; you know the most basic hairstyle for nurses
Spoiler for dont look xfire:

Nothing really; its just like you have more direct insult than the other two; Rava is annoyed but still refrain from commenting direct insult. Which i was like is this guy for real....hes not cracking up repeating the same thing over again

EDIT: You three really good...I think everyone got annoyed already while you guys still kept going, so i kept going. We didnt have any topic than shipping war till the next vol. Came up; at first I wanted to do a shipping war.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-03-10, 18:40   Link #11580
anonfr

Quote:
Lol; it didnt? Well its ok

Nah; I just remember where to look it up; well due to this arguement thingy; I was force to read. I really skip fights expecially magic battle like Lina vs Miyuki; bcuz I get the feeling that Iam being thought physics which I cant comprehend (me being a nurse its not my specialty)

Well i like her mostly because she's the sexiest; and we gets lots of fanservice from her; do you know Haruka from idolmaster? Those are types I like more; and her ponytail reson why is above; you know the most basic hairstyle for nurse
Spoiler for dont look xfire:
]
Oh hey I'm also a nurse!
I'm an on call hospice nurse. I actually spend a lot of time on these forums cause in my job you have a lot of time just sort of sitting around between stat check ups and what not.

Quote:
Which i was like is this guy for real....hes not cracking up repeating the same thing over again
Really? you get bothered by people repeating the same things over and over again? You?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings