AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-03-25, 09:50   Link #12501
Lazy cat
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Rio de Janeiro,
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
On slight different topic. Is mari stronger than mayumi or juumonji

I know I ask this awhile ago but I will ask again. Who will Hattori or Tomikatsu on a serious fight.
i guess katsuto is the strongest, and that hattori would win tomi. by the way i would like to see that saegusa buttler (naruma?) figth, he give me a strong impression for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I'm pretty sure Tatsuya has already been suggested as a marriage partner for Mayumi or one of her sisters as a countermeasure by the Ten Masters Clan to bring him in so they don't look so bad losing to him. Think Juumonji brought the topic up after the 9SC as a countermeasure for the Ichijou losing to a nobody.
despite being on mayumi ship i don't like the idea of the polical mariage, because it woudn't be he chosing her but he chosing the political advantages.
Lazy cat is offline  
Old 2014-03-25, 10:36   Link #12502
amtro
Grammar Nazi
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Tatsuya will never choose anyone. He's an emotionless wreck and would just do as he is told, provided it doesn't hurt Miyuki in some way.
The one who suggested Tatsuya as a marriage partner for Mayumi was Katsuto, but that was back when everyone thought that he didn't belong to any of The Ten.
Koichi might agree with it, but only if he learns about Tatsuya's powers and him being the best combatant of the Yotsuba.
Right now he is clueless and from what I can tell Mayumi hasn't even told her father about Regrowth.
There's been a lot of marriage talk lately, so I think that Mayumi's partner will be decided in the near future.
amtro is online now  
Old 2014-03-25, 12:23   Link #12503
NutShell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
^but Koichi already quite interested to Tatsuya
and now we in second year so Mayumi probably will less appear in the story, maybe Koichi will order the twins (probably Izumi) to observe Tatsuya and maybe allure him, it will quite interesting if Izumi start teasing Tatsuya like Mayumi did and I hope it will be happen
NutShell is offline  
Old 2014-03-25, 13:43   Link #12504
Echizen777
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutShell View Post
^but Koichi already quite interested to Tatsuya
and now we in second year so Mayumi probably will less appear in the story, maybe Koichi will order the twins (probably Izumi) to observe Tatsuya and maybe allure him, it will quite interesting if Izumi start teasing Tatsuya like Mayumi did and I hope it will be happen
With Mayumi and Mari gone Tatsuya is like the biggest troll at school, he will be the one trolling them instead.

If you talk about marriage Koichi said he doesn't want Mayumi with someone younger than her, but considering Tatsuya is perceived as older that his age. That's a possibility but I don't think it will happen.

Contrary to the majority I think she has more chances to appear now that the tension between Yotsuba and Saegusa is growing. At least she will assist to the 9SC, I hope we'll get to see Koichi's face in next volume. I am sure he'll see the resemblance between Miyuki and his childhood friend.
Echizen777 is offline  
Old 2014-03-25, 14:26   Link #12505
Ultraviolet X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
If this whole thing has been dropped, ignore it, if its still raging, heres my piece on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
I specificed, she keeps going inside his room everytime he's alone, there is no need for her to create a dialogue we can make do with a monologue. It's just like what was said by a character in the series, they think that Tatsuya and Miyuki are joined to the hip and it's a question of perspective, because of how the author keeps making her follow Tatsuya around we get the annoying perspective that she's always with him which isn't fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
No, she doesn't. Did you actually bother to read what I wrote? Why would she apologize when she sees him at home if she were around him all the time?

Other example: If she were around him all the time, when would he do his Taurus Silver work? Why would Miyuki be so surprised when Tatsuya showed her the flying CAD?
First, your example on Tatsuya showing Miyuki the flying device, she went into his room to show the fairy costume dress when she was meant to be asleep, and then he showed her the flight device. The quote is below in the spoiler tag.

Spoiler for quote:


Anyways, the point Jirachier is trying to make is that Miyuki spends any time she can possible spend with Tatsuya with Tatsuya and for the most part it's something she initiates. That is the point he is making, and the reason she does this is not because she has too because he is her guardian, but because she wants to. There are times when they HAVE to move independently, but if they don't, she's with Tatsuya.

Take Ln 1 for example, we see the two sitting in the same room doing nothing untill dinner. Then the very point you made, Miyuki comes into Tatsuya room when she can't sleep (which is also near midnight). Jirachier's point is valid, Miyuki approaches and stays with Tatsuya whenever she can. I don't know how this is debatable, when it's been established in the Ln.

Theres also the point that has so far been unraised that Tatsuya remains fairly passive in this. He doesn't actively approach Miyuki when shes doing her own thing in the house unless he is concerened about her due to something occuring. If im wrong feel free to quote an example.

And as for Jirachier's hate-bashing, he/she already stated it's all the things in Miyuki's character adding up, rather then any one individual part of Miyuki's character. Some are a matter of personal opinion on some parts (e.g. hating incest), some are based off the way she is in the in Ln (e.g. Tatsuya and Miyuki spending so much time together). It's a build up of all things so there is no point in trying to disprove one, especially since Jirachier has also mentioned all the issues haven't been mentioned (I can think of a few things that need to be added to the list, and overall I actually like her character). Just let it drop, you won't stop him/her from hating Miyuki, everyone has there own opinion.

Anyways, don't bother responding to this bit because I won't.



At the expense of sounding like im also hate bashing Miyuki (im not, this is just an observation), ill say this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
A real class and refined would probably Mayumi and Shizuku;

I dont really wanna say this but; beneath Miyuki appearance & personality lies what I call "Faker"~ Don't misunderstand me her love for Tatsuya is real~
Have to agree here, Miyuki has been modelling herself based on "Tatsuya's ideal women", Shizuku and Mayumi have been themselves. Theres probly a hidden side to Miyuki's personality we haven't seen yet, that she keeps supresed because it clashes against what she thinks Tatsuya admires in a women.

It's because of Miyuki's love for Tatsuya, and the extreme effort she goes through both to please Tatsuya and keep him around that I think this.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-03-25 at 19:45. Reason: lovely bolded clarification
Ultraviolet X is offline  
Old 2014-03-25, 17:47   Link #12506
Lazy cat
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Rio de Janeiro,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Have to agree here, Miyuki has been modelling herself based on "Tatsuya's ideal women", Shizuku and Mayumi have been themselves. Theres probly a hidden side to Miyuki's character we haven't seen yet, that she keeps supresed because it clashes against what she thinks Tatsuya admires in a women.
i agree miyuki have i hidden side and that would surprise tatsuya, but i don't think he would like her any less after find out about it.
i can't realy see those two going against one another, but the more i think about it the more i want to see those two have a "break up" if that happened both characters would bennefit with an maturation that can't happen while they are so dependent in each other.

as long as tatsuya remain so centered in his fellings for miyuki he won't be able to properly develop very well his other fellings (there migth exist chance of him doing so since the experiment made by his mother were considered a failure).

if miyuki remain obsessed with tatsuya she will be always restricted since the only thing she cares from the bottom of her heart is her oni-sama.

well this is only my thougs on the matter, i may change my mind later but this is what i feel about it rigth now.
Lazy cat is offline  
Old 2014-03-25, 18:16   Link #12507
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Anyways, the point Jirachier is trying to make is that Miyuki spends any time she can possible spend with Tatsuya with Tatsuya and for the most part it's something she initiates.
It's always funny when third persons try to re-interpret what someone else said to suit their narratives. No, that was NOT Jirachier's point. He claimed that Miyuki was "always" around Tatsuya, which was fairly easy to disprove. If he had said that Miyuki tends to seek Tatsuya out and often initiates being around him, I wouldn't have objected.

The implied criticism is "she's crowding him and getting on Tatsuya's nerves". No such thing was EVER demonstrated in the entire show. The one scene in which Tatsuya does react irritated (hat tip to Flere) about Miyuki visiting was simply because he worried about her not getting enough sleep in the competition. Never once "she again" or something alike.

Quote:
And as for Jirachier's hate-bashing, he/she already stated it's all the things in Miyuki's character adding up, rather then any one individual part of Miyuki's character. Some are a matter of personal opinion on some parts (e.g. hating incest), some are based off the way she is in the in Ln (e.g. Tatsuya and Miyuki spending so much time together).
I've got to admit that this "incest" babble is increasingly getting on my nerves. In 12 LNs, nothing incestuous has happened so far. Incest is - by definition - sexual activity.

Personally, I couldn't care less if he simply doesn't like her - more power to him, as I wrote. What I do object to is his weird attempt of justification his _hate_ (his term, not mine) for Miyuki, which in my opinion failed pretty much, because IMHO not a single one of his 5 reasons is something to blame Miyuki for. Hating someone for things that

1) this person is not responsible for
2) this person would want to change, but can't

feels very weird to me.

Quote:
It's a build up of all things so there is no point in trying to disprove one, especially since Jirachier has also mentioned all the issues haven't been mentioned (I can think of a few things that need to be added to the list, and overall I actually like her character). Just let it drop, you won't stop him/her from hating Miyuki, everyone has there own opinion.
Which is exactly what I wrote myself, what is the point in you regurgitating me?
Mentar is offline  
Old 2014-03-25, 18:38   Link #12508
Ultraviolet X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
i agree miyuki have i hidden side and that would surprise tatsuya, but i don't think he would like her any less after find out about it.
i can't realy see those two going against one another, but the more i think about it the more i want to see those two have a "break up" if that happened both characters would bennefit with an maturation that can't happen while they are so dependent in each other.

as long as tatsuya remain so centered in his fellings for miyuki he won't be able to properly develop very well his other fellings (there migth exist chance of him doing so since the experiment made by his mother were considered a failure).

if miyuki remain obsessed with tatsuya she will be always restricted since the only thing she cares from the bottom of her heart is her oni-sama.

well this is only my thougs on the matter, i may change my mind later but this is what i feel about it rigth now.
Im also hoping that Tatsuya and Miyuki part ways. Even if tatsuya ends without being with somone, im hoping he at least says bye bye to Miyuki and goes his seperate way from both her and the Yotsuba at the end, with his emotions recovered either to some degree or completely recovered.
Ultraviolet X is offline  
Old 2014-03-25, 18:50   Link #12509
fujin of shadows
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
i agree miyuki have i hidden side and that would surprise tatsuya, but i don't think he would like her any less after find out about it.
i can't realy see those two going against one another, but the more i think about it the more i want to see those two have a "break up" if that happened both characters would bennefit with an maturation that can't happen while they are so dependent in each other.

as long as tatsuya remain so centered in his fellings for miyuki he won't be able to properly develop very well his other fellings (there migth exist chance of him doing so since the experiment made by his mother were considered a failure).

if miyuki remain obsessed with tatsuya she will be always restricted since the only thing she cares from the bottom of her heart is her oni-sama.

well this is only my thougs on the matter, i may change my mind later but this is what i feel about it rigth now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Im also hoping that Tatsuya and Miyuki part ways. Even if tatsuya ends without being with somone, im hoping he at least says bye bye to Miyuki and goes his seperate way from both her and the Yotsuba at the end, with his emotions recovered either to some degree or completely recovered.
The two having a quarrel, I could see how that would benefit them, but for them to be separated permanently is inconceivable.

Tatsuya's life has always been to protect Miyuki.

Miyuki has done her best to be Tatsuya's ideal woman.

If the thing that they have dedicated their life is remove from them permanently, it would break them........
fujin of shadows is offline  
Old 2014-03-25, 19:04   Link #12510
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Tatsuya will never choose anyone. He's an emotionless wreck and would just do as he is told, provided it doesn't hurt Miyuki in some way.
If he only does what he is told, Maya wouldn't be so troubled by him. And i wouldn't like him.

How the heck can you mistake "having no strong emotion" with "having no emotion at all"? (yes, i'm irritated with your ignorance.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Have to agree here, Miyuki has been modelling herself based on "Tatsuya's ideal women", Shizuku and Mayumi have been themselves. Theres probly a hidden side to Miyuki's character we haven't seen yet, that she keeps supresed because it clashes against what she thinks Tatsuya admires in a women.

It's because of Miyuki's love for Tatsuya, and the extreme effort she goes through both to please Tatsuya and keep him around that I think this.
Yo, bro. WTF??
What. The. Fuck?>?????

Shizuku adside. (No comment since not enough data. I bet Shizuku doesn't care either.)
Miyuki is the heir candidate of the Yotsuba, Mayumi is just the 3rd child, JUST the THIRD child. No heir, no nothing.
When talking about the hierarchy in clan, Miyuki is way way waayyyy~~~ above Mayumi.
Miyuki, of course, received proper education to be a fine lady like any ladies, if not more.

The only thing makes Miyuki better than Mayumi is that she actively becomes one while Mayumi is forced to be one passively.

And the hidden side of Miyuki? IT is "She is deeply in love with her own brother".
Absolutely need-to-be-secret thing i must say myself.

You talk as if we haven't seen enough her first-person narrative to know what is going on in her head.
__________________
Tatsuya Shiba
The man, the legend.
Live to be awesome.
Die while being awesome.
He then revives faster than Jesus.

Last edited by bietchie11; 2014-03-25 at 19:23.
bietchie11 is offline  
Old 2014-03-25, 19:26   Link #12511
Ultraviolet X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
The two having a quarrel, I could see how that would benefit them, but for them to be separated permanently is inconceivable.

Tatsuya's life has always been to protect Miyuki.

Miyuki has done her best to be Tatsuya's ideal woman.

If the thing that they have dedicated their life is remove from them permanently, it would break them........
For me, I guess I do get annoyed at how dependent the two are on each other. And on Tatsuyas part the dependence is only because of his lack of emotions, and he is clearly recovering them to some degree.

Added:While Miyuki loves Tatsuya it guarentees her a marraige of misery (she has to marry as the next Yotsuba head), and in Tatsuya case he will be used through Miyuki, and if she dies, he has noone he can love. It would be better for them both if they weren't so dependent on each other.



Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
If he only does what he is told, Maya wouldn't be so troubled by him. And i wouldn't like him.

How the fuck can you mistake "having no strong emotion" with "having no emotion at all"? (yes, i'm irritated with your ignorance.)



Yo, bro. WTF??
What. The. Fuck?>?????

Shizuku adside. (No comment since not enough data. I bet Shizuku doesn't care either.)
Miyuki is the heir candidate of the Yotsuba, Mayumi is just the 3rd child, JUST the THIRD child. No heir, no nothing.
When talking about the hierarchy in clan, Miyuki is way way waayyyy~~~ above Mayumi.
Miyuki, of course, received proper education to be a fine lady like any ladies, if not more.

The only thing makes Miyuki better than Mayumi is that she actively becomes one while Mayumi is forced to be one passively.

And the hidden side of Miyuki? IT is "She is deeply in love with her own brother".
Absolutely need-to-be-secret thing i must say myself.

You talk as if we haven't seen enough her first-person narrative to know what is going on in her head. You simply try to forget about it.
Anyways, first off, my definition is for "fake" and "real" is if its fake, its a farcade, real is something that doesn't need to be constantly maintained, and comes naturally. I think Miyuki is "fake" in this case because shes trying to keep herself to what she thinks Tatsuya likes, and she's around him almost 24/7, and Mayumi and Suzuka are under no such constraints.

The hidden thing ive mentioned is a part of her personality she keeps hidden that she think Tatsuya would dislike, that has yet to be revealed, im not refering to the fact she is crushing on Tatsuya(That isn't part of her personailty anyway, but rather a secret), and this is speculation on my part, ive dropped the word "probly" in there to help indicate this.

As for what you bolded in my post, ive come to understand I need to state the obvious whenever I can, since the point is usually forgoten by some people and a reminder is sometimes needed. Espicially in this point since its because of this im speculating on something she keeps hidden that hasn't been revealed yet. No idea why your getting offended here, since I do it in almost all my posts whenever I can.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-03-25 at 20:19.
Ultraviolet X is offline  
Old 2014-03-25, 19:31   Link #12512
pampz21
Shipper4Lyf
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
If he only does what he is told, Maya wouldn't be so troubled by him. And i wouldn't like him.

How the heck can you mistake "having no strong emotion" with "having no emotion at all"? (yes, i'm irritated with your ignorance.)



Yo, bro. WTF??
What. The. Fuck?>?????

Shizuku adside. (No comment since not enough data. I bet Shizuku doesn't care either.)
Miyuki is the heir candidate of the Yotsuba, Mayumi is just the 3rd child, JUST the THIRD child. No heir, no nothing.
When talking about the hierarchy in clan, Miyuki is way way waayyyy~~~ above Mayumi.
Miyuki, of course, received proper education to be a fine lady like any ladies, if not more.

The only thing makes Miyuki better than Mayumi is that she actively becomes one while Mayumi is forced to be one passively.

And the hidden side of Miyuki? IT is "She is deeply in love with her own brother".
Absolutely need-to-be-secret thing i must say myself.

You talk as if we haven't seen enough her first-person narrative to know what is going on in her head.
You sound irritated my friend#! You are right about Miyuki's hidden side; it is crystal clear; I was bother by that too...
People probably misunderstand my point of what I meant by "fake".

If you read the chapter when Tatsuya recieved a mail from Erika; they'll know what I mean.
__________________


to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life


pampz21 is online now  
Old 2014-03-25, 19:44   Link #12513
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
For me, I guess I do get annoyed at how dependent the two are on each other. And on Tatsuyas part the dependence is only because of his lack of emotions, and he is clearly recovering them to some degree.

Anyways, first off, my definition is for "fake" and "real" is if its fake, its a farcade, real is something that doesn't need to be constantly maintained, and comes naturally.

The hidden thing ive mentioned is a part of her personality she keeps hidden that she think Tatsuya would dislike, that has yet to be revealed, im not refering to the fact she is crushing on Tatsuya, and this is speculation on my part, ive dropped the word "probly" in there to help indicate this.

As for the bold, ive come to understand I need to state the obvious whenever I can, since the point is usually forgoten by some people and a reminder is needed sometimes needed. Espicially in this point since its because of this im speculating on something she keeps hidden. No idea why your getting offended here, since I do it in almost all my posts whenever I can.
Well, emotion thing aside. (i mean "love" means "to depend and support each other". Any shippers beside MiyukixTatsuya would naturally be annoyed by that ...since they ships are sinking....)
---
About "real" vs "fake", going by your reasoning, that makes Shizuku only real lady then....
As Mayumi is even more of a "fake" than Miyuki: she is unwilling. If there is any chance arise, she will revert into a mischievous playful little girl less than 1 seconds.
---
For the record, i'm not offense by your comment. Just surprised. EXTREMELY extremely surprised, like when you see alien for the first time. (sorry if you feel attacked. But not the other guy.)

I mean: IF Miyuki is born in a poor family and had been a delinquent for 14 years of her life then ok, she is not a legit one.
HOWEVER, Miyuki and the other two are all educated to be refined ladies by their "big and prestigious" families but SOMEHOW Shizuku and Mayumi are ones but Miyuki isn't
... since she is Miyuki?
... since "the one who loves to be the refined lady is more "fake" than the one who hates to be a refined lady" is a legit logic?

That's why i'm extremely surprised. I respect your opinion but i simply can't help to express my surprise.
__________________
Tatsuya Shiba
The man, the legend.
Live to be awesome.
Die while being awesome.
He then revives faster than Jesus.

Last edited by bietchie11; 2014-03-25 at 20:02.
bietchie11 is offline  
Old 2014-03-25, 20:04   Link #12514
Ultraviolet X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Well, emotion thing aside. (i mean "love" means "to depend and support each other". Any shipper beside MiyukixTatsuya would be annoyed by that since they ships are sinking....)
Its not because of the anti ship, its because Tatsuya being able to only love his sister is just sad, and the more important point that he is being used by the yotsuba because he can only love Miyuki. To expand on my above post, While Miyuki loves Tatsuya it guarentees her a marraige of misery (she has to marry as the next Yotsuba head), and in Tatsuya case he will be used through Miyuki, and if she dies, bam he has no emotional support. It would be better for them both if they weren't so dependednt on each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
About "real" vs "fake", that makes Shizuku only real lady then....
As Mayumi is even more of a "fake" than Miyuki: she is unwilling. If there is any chance arise, she will revert into a mischievous playful little girl less than 1 seconds.

For the record, i'm not offense by your comment. Just surprised. EXTREMELY extremely surprised, like when you see alien for the first time. (sorry if you feel attacked. But not the other guy.)

I mean, if Miyuki is born in a poor family and had been a delinquent for 14 years of her life then ok, she is not a legit one.
However, Miyuki and the other two are all educated to be refined ladies by their "big and prestigious" families but somehow Shizuku and Mayumi are ones but Miyuki isn't

... since she is Miyuki?
... since "the one who loves to be the refined lady is more "fake" than the one who hates to be a refined lady" is a legit logic?
About that, the definition has nothing to do with "willing" or not, but rather if they are like that as a natural part of themselves, or they have to consiously maintain it. Since I think Miyuki is putting up an "act" of sorts because she thinks its something her brother likes, and that shes repressing part of her personality that her brother could dislike, I think Mayumi wins over her. If I didnt think Miyuki was hiding/repressing part of her personality, I would rate the two as equall.
Ultraviolet X is offline  
Old 2014-03-25, 20:27   Link #12515
amtro
Grammar Nazi
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Where was it stated that Tatsuya is regaining his emotions? Every single major outburst of emotion he has is linked to his 'brotherly love', I thought that was the consensus.
Wouldn't him regaining his emotions to any degree be very bad though? If he were to regain his emotions he would pretty much be a loose cannon with the power of a God.
Everyone would be at the mercy of his whims at all time, since I doubt he'd feel obligated to play the part of the Yotsuba lackey with how they treat him.
Adding to this wouldn't he lose his flash casting capabilities if the sector that was allocated for normal magic went back to normal?
amtro is online now  
Old 2014-03-25, 20:33   Link #12516
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Its not because of the anti ship, its because Tatsuya being able to only love his sister is just sad, and the more important point that he is being used by the yotsuba because he can only love Miyuki. To expand on my above post, While Miyuki loves Tatsuya it guarentees a marraige which guarentees her misery (she has to marry as the next Yotsuba head), and in Tatsuya case he will be used through Miyuki, and if she dies, bam he has no emotional support. It would be better for them both if they weren't so dependednt on each other.
Well, that's not my worry since it goes both ways: either Yotsuba uses Tatsuya or Tatsuya (being a awesome mother-fucker as he is) will make them his bitches through Miyuki.

And we all know about the established fact that Tatsuya doesn't like to be anyone's bitch and will rebel soon enough, even against the whole system if it's needed. Either Yotsuba's way(violence) or his way ("i'm a fucking decorated revolutionist!!" kind of way).

I know it, you know it, Maya also knows it.

That's why i love him and rate him above the MC guy in "Kamikaze something" LN.
And that's why i rate Yotsuba higher than Saegusa, as potential assets (aka. "his potential bitches") that is.

BTW, just my feeling, "kamikaze something" anime makes you worry same thing will happens with Tatsuya and Miyuki? ( the name of the work is "kaze no stigma")
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
About that, the definition has nothing to do with "willing" or not, but rather if they are like that as a natural part of themselves, or they have to conciously maintain it. Since I think Miyuki is putting up an "act" of sorts because she thinks its something her brother likes, and that shes repressing part of her personality, I think Mayumi wins over her. If I didnt think Miyuki was hiding/repressing part of her personality, I would rate the two as equall.
Well, it always leave me a feeling that you simply forget or try to forget Mayumi is always putting up an "act" of sorts out of her responsibility toward her clan and repressing part of her personality for that responsibility (which comes out when she is with her friends and Tatsuya. Which is anything but a refined and mature upperclassman).
But whatever bro, to each their own.
I already presented my opinion, whether you reconsider it or not is up to you.
I ain gonna "pampz" you.
__________________
Tatsuya Shiba
The man, the legend.
Live to be awesome.
Die while being awesome.
He then revives faster than Jesus.

Last edited by bietchie11; 2014-03-25 at 20:53.
bietchie11 is offline  
Old 2014-03-25, 20:36   Link #12517
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
@amtro: it's not really much of "regaining", more like he gets more used to other smaller and weaker feeling such as he feels bad when Leo got attacked (while Tatsuya could do sth about it). This makes sense though, especially when the Yotsuba household is not an ideal place for emotion development

It is unlikely that Tatsuya can get all of his emotion back, but living and behaving more like a normal person is not out of reach
__________________
Ultragunner is offline  
Old 2014-03-25, 20:45   Link #12518
amtro
Grammar Nazi
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
It is out of reach. Emotional outbursts missing means that he wouldn't celebrate if he won the lottery, he'd be content.
He wouldn't care if any of his love interests got married off.
He wouldn't cry if his friends died, he'd be sad in the same way how you're sad when something goes wrong. Just bummed out. It's doubtful that he can even love anyone other than Miyuki and even then just as a brother.
He's a machine more or less.
amtro is online now  
Old 2014-03-25, 20:47   Link #12519
Ultraviolet X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Well, that's not my worry since it goes both ways: either Yotsuba uses Tatsuya or Tatsuya (being a swagging mother-fucker as he is) will make them his bitches through Miyuki.

And we all know about the established fact that Tatsuya doesn't like to be anyone's bitch and will rebel soon enough, even against the whole system if it's needed. Either Yotsuba's way(violence) or his way ("i'm a fucking decorated revolutionist!!" kind of way).

I know it, you know it, Maya also knows it.

That's why i love him and rate him above the MC guy in "Kamikaze something" LN.
And that's why i rate Yotsuba higher than Saegusa, as potential assets (aka. "his potential bitches") that is.

BTW, just my feeling, "kamikaze something" anime makes you worry same thing will happens with Tatsuya and Miyuki?


Well, it always leave me a feeling that you simply forget or try to forget Mayumi is always putting up an "act" of sorts out of her responsibility toward her clan and repressing part of her personality for that responsibility (which comes out when she is with her friends and Tatsuya. Which is anything but a refined and mature upperclassman).
But whatever bro, to each their own.
I already presented my opinion, whether you reconsider it or not is up to you.
I ain gonna "pampz" you.
To expand further on my post, I think Miyuki can't tell very well when shes "faking" and not because shes almost always with Tatsuya, whereas Mayumi can tell the difference immeadiately and switch between them, so I rate Mayumi higher. If i were to put it in the same context as you did, Id agree 100% with what you said, but since I have some speculations on Miyuki's character that shes keeping hidden, I disagree. My difference in opinion is purley based on my own speculations of Miyuki.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-03-25 at 21:01.
Ultraviolet X is offline  
Old 2014-03-25, 20:56   Link #12520
Guest2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Where was it stated that Tatsuya is regaining his emotions? Every single major outburst of emotion he has is linked to his 'brotherly love', I thought that was the consensus.
Wouldn't him regaining his emotions to any degree be very bad though? If he were to regain his emotions he would pretty much be a loose cannon with the power of a God.
Everyone would be at the mercy of his whims at all time, since I doubt he'd feel obligated to play the part of the Yotsuba lackey with how they treat him.
Adding to this wouldn't he lose his flash casting capabilities if the sector that was allocated for normal magic went back to normal?
Well there is a scene in v8 that says -
Quote:
Helpless in the face of life which could not be saved, crushed by emotions that he should have lost...
So according to the novel there is a scene showing a major outburst unrelated to his brotherly love.


Seems like Drey might be gracing us with another chapter soon. Great stuff. We'll learn a little more about the more normal yet still overwhelmingly talented folk in 1st High. Chapters like this one being done make me feel its funny how some complain about the author's nationalistic tendencies, while forgetting the facts that the author has Japan's army and mages getting their forces infiltrated, suborned, outmaneuvered and ass's whooped by other countries and even the main characters themselves, in every single arc.

Last edited by Guest2; 2014-03-25 at 21:09.
Guest2 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.