AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-30, 08:53   Link #12781
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Japan is not good as a nation.
Japan, as a nation, was guilty of forming the 10 master clans, is guilty of using humans as living weapons, is guilty of human testing.
Every bad thing the ten master clans and/or hundred familias have done, Japan is guilty of (because ten master clans are part of Japan, at official level).

Are there worse countries, sure, are there better countries, maybe.
But Japan, is not good.
Because in the end, as a Democracy it is guilty of the people it allows, even encourages, to act in immoral ways.

Oh come on.

Look at the bigger picture.

Japan didn't tried to kidnap GAA's kids. Japan didn't experiment using other nation's child. Cloning, etc only using local bodies.

Japan didn't attack and colonize other Nations.
They stand alone defending themselves.
That's the fact.

Japan is the Victim in this world. They struggle so hard, work so hard.

Japan did a great job defending themselves and experiment on themselves.

They didn't try to steal from others you know.

You should respect them more than other Nation.
Old 2014-03-30, 11:16   Link #12782
Lazy cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Oh come on.

Look at the bigger picture.

Japan didn't tried to kidnap GAA's kids. Japan didn't experiment using other nation's child. Cloning, etc only using local bodies.

Japan didn't attack and colonize other Nations.
They stand alone defending themselves.
That's the fact.

Japan is the Victim in this world. They struggle so hard, work so hard.

Japan did a great job defending themselves and experiment on themselves.

They didn't try to steal from others you know.

You should respect them more than other Nation.
1 - japan didn't try kidnnap GAA kids because their genes are already superior, remenber that the numbered families are the most refined way of production of magicians in the world.

2 - they have less population than the surrounding nations, wich made a colonization unviable.

3 - they don't need steal tecnologys from other contries because their own tecnology is supperior, intead of stealing its much more produtive to them just research
Old 2014-03-30, 11:38   Link #12783
yuzen003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
they have less population than the surrounding nations, wich made a colonization unviable.
Just something to note, a smaller population didn't stop the Empire of Japan from invading and colonizing in the real world. More territory means greater resources and a buffer between the main population centers and foreign threats.
Old 2014-03-30, 12:56   Link #12784
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
That's for survival...

The Ten Masters Clan, the 18 assistant houses, the hundred famillies, were created and developed in order for Japan to have powerful magicians in their back pocket....Those clans were well compensated...

Magicians, world wide, are treated as weapons....Magicians in japan at least have some right and leisure....
And?
Saying other are just as bad, or worse, does not make them good.
Old 2014-03-30, 13:25   Link #12785
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
And?
Saying other are just as bad, or worse, does not make them good.
Y'know, the 10 Master Clans and the rest of them seem pretty happy to be where they are.

Instead of judging by whether they do human experimentation or not, how about we judge by whether they do experimentation on UNWILLING subjects? And then from there, how do they TREAT the magicians?
Old 2014-03-30, 13:31   Link #12786
Lazy cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
Just something to note, a smaller population didn't stop the Empire of Japan from invading and colonizing in the real world. More territory means greater resources and a buffer between the main population centers and foreign threats.
good point... yet i don't think they keep peace out of goodness, but because the territory they can anex is not worth waging a war
Old 2014-03-30, 15:25   Link #12787
Triok123

Quote:
You're right.
China and Korea is the weakest nation in this novel.

They kidnap and rape japanese kids.

Please no.

That can be sad ending that nobody wants.

I hope it can end happily ever after like naruto (maybe).
probably autor have some kind( or not) of grudge against China and Korea....i'm the WWII and staffs......
Old 2014-03-30, 17:53   Link #12788
hakazee

Quote:
1 - japan didn't try kidnnap GAA kids because their genes are already superior, remenber that the numbered families are the most refined way of production of magicians in the world.

2 - they have less population than the surrounding nations, wich made a colonization unviable.

3 - they don't need steal tecnologys from other contries because their own tecnology is supperior, intead of stealing its much more produtive to them just research
Look.

Situation make them a good guy. They didn't have the chance to be the bad guy.

They're the hardowrker, struggle so hard defending themselves.

They didn't make other nation as their slave. They only experiment on themselves.

Cloning or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
That's a good point my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triok123 View Post
probably autor have some kind( or not) of grudge against China and Korea....i'm the WWII and staffs......
No, I don't think so. I'm not gonna say this is propaganda or not.

Sometimes its a difficult decision to write something like this.
You need to write about the villain, etc.

However, I admit that Nationalism is quite strong in this novel.
Old 2014-03-30, 18:55   Link #12789
Lazy cat

Quote:
Look.

Situation make them a good guy. They didn't have the chance to be the bad guy.

They're the hardowrker, struggle so hard defending themselves.

They didn't make other nation as their slave. They only experiment on themselves.

Cloning or whatever.
i not caling then bad guys i'm just saying they are not good guys either, as a nation japan will take care of their own interests and make what is necessary to ensure they keep an advatageous position on the world political scenary, they haven't done anything bad because currently they don't need to.
Old 2014-03-30, 19:01   Link #12790
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

What is the odd Mahouka anine gets "nice boated"?
Die while being awesome.
He then revives faster than Jesus.
Old 2014-03-30, 19:09   Link #12791
Triok123

Quote:
Look.

No, I don't think so. I'm not gonna say this is propaganda or not.

Sometimes its a difficult decision to write something like this.
You need to write about the villain, etc.

However, I admit that Nationalism is quite strong in this novel.
Guess you've a point....in fact i'm surprised that this novel is actually welcomed in the two mentioned country......must be really good...(only read the manga and some LN thread..so i'm no in posicion to argue the novel's quality)
Old 2014-03-30, 19:15   Link #12792
Lucarion
Devotee of the Goddess.

Quote:
No, he doesn't...he's writing in an alternate world that just got out of a super humongous war. He even justified what the then Korean army did due to the nature of the times. It was war. People do horrible stuff.

Mahouka is a story about power. I don't know about the nationalism but after reading it it didn't really give off that vibe to me since even Japan is portrayed as a grey entity who is independent only because they too did some questionable things and resorted to a government-sanctioned eugenics program because he said they were the only culture fucked up enough to accept pairing people off based on genes alone. The GAA is the weakest because they invested their war resources on manpower instead of magitech. And then there's Tatsuya...who would probably let his own country burn if it served his interests. I will also add that though I dislike the guy, if it's true about what they say about the Morisaki chapter having a girl from the GAA...then it would show that not everyone from the country is a land-hungry asswipe.

Also, I think it's worth repeating. The GAA ISN'T China. It's its own separate entity. There is no China or Korea here anymore. It's like an empire. They came to be annexed into the GAA because of the circumstances surrounding WWIII. The reason that Material Burst happened near Korea is because it's a defensive naval battle and Korea is closer to Japan. Think of Tatsuya as a living kamikaze. The same thing happened to the Mongols who tried to conquer Japan...they tried to invade it from Korea only they were destroyed by some inexplicable superstorm. Korea is the perfect launch pad for a Japanese invasion if you're going there by ship, so it makes sense for the base to be there.

Mahouka is realism. In this world, your morals don't determine how good your standing in life is. It's what you do--your actions--that are the most important. And whether or not you're the most saintly or demonic person alive is irrelevant. Strength, power, wealth, intelligence, political fortune are what determines your future. If you can achieve it, regardless of your intentions or your means, then you deserve it. And if you fail...you deserve what's getting to you.

Now let's stop it with all this nationalism....personally speaking, I absolutely hate the concept, and if Mahouka was a "nationalistic" story I would probably despise it. Heck, if anything it shows just how silly it is because nations change boundaries...often. Like in this story.

Also, Hakazee, you're the one who told me Tatsuya could also be partially based on Zhuge Liang. Do you really think someone will draw inspiration from a figure from a county he dislikes? And right now I'm even starting to see some parallels between him and another well-known Chinese figure. Even , if it was just Zhuge Liang, the fact that your protagonist is inspired by a Chinese national icon says a lot of things. The author probably just wanted to tell an interesting, exciting story.
Old 2014-03-30, 19:25   Link #12793
Triok123

I guess reading LN and engineering aren't compatible after all.......i shouldn't have jumped into conclusions too early without enough knowledge, must apologize for that, i though the novel is placed in a nearby future(or not so nearby) rather than an alternative universe..and then again my bad
Old 2014-03-30, 19:34   Link #12794
Lucarion
Devotee of the Goddess.

Quote:
I guess reading LN and engineering aren't compatible after all.......i shouldn't have jumped into conclusions too early without enough knowledge, must apologize for that, i though the novel is placed in a nearby future(or not so nearby) rather than an alternative universe..and then again my bad

Everyone has questions. Feel free to ask them here^^ that's what forums are about. Also, are you saying that you took up engineering? Then you'd be perfect here.^^

But this is an alternate universe...it is set in alternate version of our world where magic exists as part of the framework of the physical world and when that day comes, it will also have a point of historical divergence from our world where WWIII breaks out. The Mahouka world is the world where it happens, and our world is the one where it either doesn't...or it happens in a sooner or later date.
Old 2014-03-30, 19:44   Link #12795
hakazee

Quote:
i not caling then bad guys i'm just saying they are not good guys either, as a nation japan will take care of their own interests and make what is necessary to ensure they keep an advatageous position on the world political scenary, they haven't done anything bad because currently they don't need to.
Fair enough.

Japan is not bad guy but they're not good guy too.

At least, Japan didn't do anything bad to other Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
I will also add that though I dislike the guy, if it's true about what they say about the Morisaki chapter having a girl from the GAA...then it would show that not everyone from the country is a land-hungry asswipe.
But that girl has ties with Blanche.

And something interesting in this novel is they're not Racist to other Nation.

GAA's ready to start open war with Japan. That's officially approve by the government.

Yeah but the Japanese didn't mad at...... Let's say GAA's citizen.

Even Morisaki has magnanimous heart to accept them.

Make sense ? Good for you then.

Quote:
Also, I think it's worth repeating. The GAA ISN'T China. It's its own separate entity. There is no China or Korea here anymore. It's like an empire. They came to be annexed into the GAA because of the circumstances surrounding WWIII. The reason that Material Burst happened near Korea is because it's a defensive naval battle and Korea is closer to Japan.
Yes, but Chinese and Koreans stilll exist. They speak chinese.

Quote:
Although he felt it didn’t sound like any language from East Asia, Tatsuya was not someone who spoke Beijing or Guantong dialects.
They're the same Race.

Quote:
Now let's stop it with all this nationalism....personally speaking, I absolutely hate the concept, and if Mahouka was a "nationalistic" story I would probably despise it. Heck, if anything it shows just how silly it is because nations change boundaries...often. Like in this story.
Of course I need to see the Ending.
I think Japan willl be the leader to create Peace.

Quote:

Also, Hakazee, you're the one who told me Tatsuya could also be partially based on Zhuge Liang. Do you really think someone will draw inspiration from a figure from a county he dislikes? And right now I'm even starting to see some parallels between him and another well-known Chinese figure. Even , if it was just Zhuge Liang, the fact that your protagonist is inspired by a Chinese national icon says a lot of things. The author probably just wanted to tell an interesting, exciting story.
I never said the author dislike that country.

I only said the fact in this novel.

Who's the enemy ? Which country is the bad guy.

Read my earlier post.
I said its a difficult decission to write that.
But the author need to do that, that impossible to create new " alien " races.

Again it difficult decission.

Its not Code Geass. Britanian as the protagonist and Britanian as the bad guy.

Last edited by hakazee; 2014-03-30 at 20:00.
Old 2014-03-30, 20:52   Link #12796
Ultragunner

^ saying China and Korea still exist in Mahouka Universe is like saying the US, Canada and the whole America continent is a thing in Code Geass. In other words, just like Lucarion has said, the GAA isn't China or Korea in Mahouka, like Australia isn't English though many descend from there and they speak English
Old 2014-03-30, 20:56   Link #12797
XFire
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
What is the odd Mahouka anine gets "nice boated"?
You mean the "replace an episode with a boat", right? Because Tats could probably regrow his head even if Miyuki/Mayumi/Erika/Honoka chopped it off.

And I'd doubt it unless someone actually nukes someone else while its ongoing.
Old 2014-03-30, 21:01   Link #12798
questmas

Quote:
I feel like it has more to do with proximity than his political views. You can't even attack a country if there was no way to reach it.
Old 2014-03-30, 21:05   Link #12799
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
^ saying China and Korea still exist in Mahouka Universe is like saying the US, Canada and the whole America continent is a thing in Code Geass. In other words, just like Lucarion has said, the GAA isn't China or Korea in Mahouka, like Australia isn't English though many descend from there and they speak English
Yes but there is Korean army.

Quote:
"Do you know about the Vietnamese Conflict? In that war, the South Vietnamese Army that was trying to wage guerilla warfare against the Great Asian Alliance that was encroaching into the Indian Peninsula and the Korean army dispatched by the Great Asian Alliance were so fearful of him that they treated him like Death or the Devil himself."
Of course Kazama kick their ass. They're so fearful of Kazama alone.
Old 2014-03-30, 21:10   Link #12800
BW95
Banned

The next chapter of the Reminiscence arc is out! We can finally see what the Kuroba siblings'father looks like. Not quite what I was expecting.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings