AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-24, 02:34   Link #1401
FRS
Lurker on the threshold
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: France
Age: 37
Thanks for the translation
FRS is offline  
Old 2012-10-24, 08:37   Link #1402
art37
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
first of all, if i am making some mistake or error please correct me because i am new here.

i would like to ask some questions.
fist what is a war magician? if that is already been mention in previous post please redirect me because i cant find it.

second is tetsuya a war magician? because as i have read, he has beaten a war magician? and how did he beat it?
art37 is offline  
Old 2012-10-24, 08:52   Link #1403
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by art37 View Post
first of all, if i am making some mistake or error please correct me because i am new here.

i would like to ask some questions.
fist what is a war magician? if that is already been mention in previous post please redirect me because i cant find it.

second is tetsuya a war magician? because as i have read, he has beaten a war magician? and how did he beat it?
The answers are spoilers of untranslated material, but if your still interested....
Spoiler for answer:
__________________
bludvein is offline  
Old 2012-10-24, 11:39   Link #1404
NeutralZero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
Speaking of war magician
Spoiler for 9 school event:

So what is the real deal about their separate views?
NeutralZero is offline  
Old 2012-10-24, 12:25   Link #1405
bulukan
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
The answers are spoilers of untranslated material, but if your still interested....
Spoiler for answer:
Spoiler for :
bulukan is offline  
Old 2012-10-24, 12:29   Link #1406
m4rc0s
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brazil
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Speaking of war magician
Spoiler for 9 school event:

So what is the real deal about their separate views?
i believe Juumonji thinks he can win but he is not near tatsuya all time to see how strong tatsuya really is, mayumi as been together with tatsuya far more time , so her word is more correct.
sorry for my bad english, english is not my main language.
m4rc0s is offline  
Old 2012-10-24, 12:35   Link #1407
NeutralZero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
We're not as fluent to English either. Don't sweat the small stuff but thanks for the answer...
NeutralZero is offline  
Old 2012-10-24, 12:35   Link #1408
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Speaking of war magician
Spoiler for 9 school event:

So what is the real deal about their separate views?
Spoiler:
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline  
Old 2012-10-24, 12:44   Link #1409
NeutralZero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
Spoiler for Questions to answer:

About Mizuki's eyes. How long can she endure using them after removing her eye glass?

Last edited by NeutralZero; 2012-10-24 at 12:48. Reason: add ons
NeutralZero is offline  
Old 2012-10-24, 13:00   Link #1410
m4rc0s
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brazil
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Spoiler:
i dont think he was ordered to be better than tatsuya but better than all to show the real power of the ten families but that dont change the fact that him thinks he can win against tatsuya and we dont even knows that he was serious because he not fight much ,so we dont known his real power.
m4rc0s is offline  
Old 2012-10-24, 13:16   Link #1411
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere in the 11th dimension
I've always thought that Juumonji had alot of respect for Tatsuya's ability from the first encounter for some reason...could just be me though.
SoloPanda is offline  
Old 2012-10-24, 14:08   Link #1412
Dreyakis
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Speaking of war magician
Spoiler for 9 school event:

So what is the real deal about their separate views?
I need to verify this, but I don't believe Juumonji ever "stares at Tatsuya to say he's stronger than him".

From a magical perspective, Juumonji is Tatsuya's nemesis. Juumonji's magic forms a shield (AT-Field!) that blocks enemy attacks, which directly counters Tatsuya's magic. In a direct throw down between the two, Tatsuya would have a hard time getting through Juumonji's magic barrier, while Juumonji should (theoretically) be able to attack at will. Make of that what you will.

From a personality perspective, Juumonji was literally the one who dragged Tatsuya out into the lime light and forced him to participate in Monolith Code. This isn't to say that Juumonji "convinced" Tatsuya to volunteer as a replacement, more that Juumonji shoved a very specific interpretation of the rules down Tatsuya's throat and backed Tatsuya into a corner, thus forcing him into the contest.

Third, given the brief conversation between Juumonji and Tatsuya during the victory banquet, the two don't appear to be at odds with one another. Naturally, Tatsuya isn't one to go around looking for a fight unless you endanger/risk his precious imouto. Juumonji was more interested if Tatsuya was one of the branches of Ten Master Clans and, failing that, wanted to get Tatsuya into the Ten Master Clans through marriage. In the end of the day, the two of them have different primary objectives (Miyuki vs. the Ten Master Clans) but overlap on secondary objectives (peace in First High, Nine Schools Competition, etc.).
Dreyakis is offline  
Old 2012-10-24, 14:59   Link #1413
kfcpanda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreyakis View Post
I need to verify this, but I don't believe Juumonji ever "stares at Tatsuya to say he's stronger than him".

From a magical perspective, Juumonji is Tatsuya's nemesis. Juumonji's magic forms a shield (AT-Field!) that blocks enemy attacks, which directly counters Tatsuya's magic. In a direct throw down between the two, Tatsuya would have a hard time getting through Juumonji's magic barrier, while Juumonji should (theoretically) be able to attack at will. Make of that what you will.

Ah.
My take on it was that Juumonji was staring down Tatsuya as Tasuya just beat one of the members of the 10 families so he needed to remind/establish that 10 families were still supreme, that he-Juumonji as another representative of them could still put him in his place.

Now, at this certain point I don't think Juumonji knew Tatsuya's full abilities--I don't think anyone did yet.
Closest people got to finding out was Mayumi with the Chinese Invasion in arc 3, this occurred in arc 2.
Personally, I think while Juumonji's magic might counter Tatsuya's magic, Tatsuya is by and far stronger than him.
Think like pokemon. Maybe Juumonji's a water type and Tatsuya's a fire type, Juumonji might be the counter but if Tatsuya's level 80 and Juumonji's level 40, chances of Juumonji winning is still slim.
Also I recall someone mentioning that Juumonji's magic was still incomplete


Personally, I don't get completely why his barrier magic would counter Tatsuya's disintegration magic. Obviously Material Burst wouldn't be of matter here as a fight would imply them too close to use such a large/dangerous magic. I don't get why is the barrier a counter to Tatsuya though. By that sense, Juumonji would counter anyone, I'd actually imagine Tatsuya to be the one that can most readily deal with it. With disintegration, I recall a description of a thin gauss shot that just pierced everything in the line. Not sure how barriers would affect that but eh, I'm just piecing together things from the summary, feel free to correct me.

If drey/whsie/enigmatic/someone else with direct knowledge can clarify on why Juumonji's counters Tasuya's magic, that'd be awesome


edit: and thanks drey for the new chapter!
kfcpanda is offline  
Old 2012-10-24, 15:11   Link #1414
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
The way I see it, Tatsuya's Material Burst converts matter to energy. Juumonji's barriers are magic, not matter, so cannot be converted in that way. To get past them he must either blow up the surroundings (which as you said is obviously very dangerous to himself and why he needs the Third Eye in the first place), or try to get past them via decomposition. While he's doing so however Juumonji will be constantly forming new barriers and bringing them up to replace the old ones, so in the end it'll come down to a test of endurance. Meanwhile of course Juumonji can attack Tatsuya at will.
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline  
Old 2012-10-24, 15:15   Link #1415
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 1.048596
Age: 27
IIRC there is a thing called "protection barrier for user's information", and Juumonji is able to put more than one barrier.

The thing is while Tatsuya is destroying those barriers, Juumonji creates new ones, so it's a loop.

From my perspective, Tatsuya'd win against him if he uses another magic of greater scale. After all, they say psion-wavelength is different for every person, and magic is something you believe (even when it is explained with detail. That's the case of those traumas that makes some mages unable to use magic anymore).
Syokool is offline  
Old 2012-10-24, 18:32   Link #1416
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
I find the Yotsuba looking down on Tatsuya a little ironic. If you consider Tatsuya's abilites and their nature, you could see him as the very embodiment of the Yotsuba's beliefs of magicians as weapons. Tatsuya can't really use any convenient magic and his killer decomposition and regeneration magic have little to no uses outside the battlefield. Its as though Tatsuya was born to be a weapon.
blackwhite67 is offline  
Old 2012-10-24, 18:49   Link #1417
kfcpanda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
I don't get why the barrier a counter to Tatsuya though. By that sense, Juumonji would counter anyone, I'd actually imagine Tatsuya to be the one that can most readily deal with it.

Material Burst is already out of the question since it can't be used safely.
If anything, Tatsuya would be best one against it because he's like one of the fastest casters, isn't he? Barring Kazuma and the other guy in the division who had pinned him down in Arc 4/memory, he's top dog among known magicians right now

If Juumonji's family's magic really is that OP being a perfect defense and offense, the only way to beat it would be to just outcast in speed, breaking barriers faster than they can be made.
With Trident/Tatsuya can fire a shot that can pierce through multiple targets, so assuming they work on the plats, that would be the best solution. Either way, I can't imagine magical barriers slowing him down with his superhuman ability to cast Gram Demolition/Dispersion which are supposed to counter magic.


Fun food for thought:
If Tatsuya can cast Material Burst through the barriers, that would make Juumonji's family's magic unusable him. Just convert a scrap of clothing or just the opponent themselves and watch them explode while the barriers prevent residual/outsdie damage.
kfcpanda is offline  
Old 2012-10-24, 19:47   Link #1418
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
I don't get why the barrier a counter to Tatsuya though. By that sense, Juumonji would counter anyone, I'd actually imagine Tatsuya to be the one that can most readily deal with it.

Material Burst is already out of the question since it can't be used safely.
If anything, Tatsuya would be best one against it because he's like one of the fastest casters, isn't he? Barring Kazuma and the other guy in the division who had pinned him down in Arc 4/memory, he's top dog among known magicians right now

If Juumonji's family's magic really is that OP being a perfect defense and offense, the only way to beat it would be to just outcast in speed, breaking barriers faster than they can be made.
With Trident/Tatsuya can fire a shot that can pierce through multiple targets, so assuming they work on the plats, that would be the best solution. Either way, I can't imagine magical barriers slowing him down with his superhuman ability to cast Gram Demolition/Dispersion which are supposed to counter magic.


Fun food for thought:
If Tatsuya can cast Material Burst through the barriers, that would make Juumonji's family's magic unusable him. Just convert a scrap of clothing or just the opponent themselves and watch them explode while the barriers prevent residual/outsdie damage.
You are right in assuming that Tatsuya is best suited for dealing with barriers, but vice versa barriers are his natural enemy. The Juumonji Phalanx barrier magic creates a two layered barrier. When the outer barrier is destroyed, the one behind it moves forward to take its place and a new barrier is formed behind it. So once Phalanx is cast, there is no way for Tatsuya to interrupt it or stop it and Juumonji doesn't have to worry about casting new barriers since Phalanx forms them on its own.

As for Trident, you should reread that section. Tatsuya wasn't dealing with barriers then. He was decomposing Magic-disruption fields and information-strengthening fields. Decomposition magic is just a bullet of psions and Phalanx is a barrier made of psions. A direct attack and a direct defense.

I suppose if they were facing each other in a direct battle and Tatusya wasn't restricted, Tatsuya could probably interrupt the casting of Phalanx with his gram demolition. He wouldn't use dual-wield Cast Jamming since that would leave him defenseless to other magics. The simplest way to win would be to use some AntiNite since Juumonji wouldn't be able to cast spells, but Tatsuya's decomposition would unaffected.


Question. Would AntiNite disable Phalanx?
blackwhite67 is offline  
Old 2012-10-24, 21:22   Link #1419
NeutralZero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
Quote:
I need to verify this, but I don't believe Juumonji ever "stares at Tatsuya to say he's stronger than him".
We read it from a summary someone made in this forum... there was even an downloadable PDF on that...
NeutralZero is offline  
Old 2012-10-25, 11:29   Link #1420
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreyakis View Post
I need to verify this, but I don't believe Juumonji ever "stares at Tatsuya to say he's stronger than him".
It was an implicit message. Tatsuya won his side of the event by using a complicated strategy, team work and even tricked the enemy with a surprise attack. Juumonji's side was different, he just marched forward an overpowered the enemy in a very proud way, like saying "that's how the strong are supposed win"; that was in line with the message that his family wanted him to confer (though, I feel that it was more "to the world" rather than "to Tatsuya").
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.