AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-08, 14:28   Link #4441
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Depending on how the author decides to handle it, it would either be Godou angrily defending Yuri, or Ena throwing a party over the fact that Yuri is her sister now.

Either way, hilarity will surely ensue.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 16:53   Link #4442
kokolores
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
People are being demeaning to his 'friend'. How would you feel if someone said that your girl friend is a piece of shit?
But from what we've seen the Mikos put duty above almost everything. Look at what happened with Hikari. The main reason they objected her leaving home to take over that shrine was because she was too young I believe. If she had been older they wouldn't have seen anything wrong with it. What they intend to do to Yuri doesn't seem that different to me. Just the typical political maneuvering Godou has never been interested in. As long as Yuri doesn't oppose it why would Godou? Unlike you I haven't read it, but as I said before unless Yuri is outraged by the thing why should Godou?
kokolores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 17:25   Link #4443
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
It sounds more like to me that the political maneuverings of this are just flying clean over Godou's head and he's not really making the connection. To him Yuri is just Yuri, regardless of what family she's in so on the surface it makes no real difference to him. Unless Yuri gets clearly upset over this I doubt he'll really get it unless someone smacks him over the head and explains it in detail what the implications are.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 17:45   Link #4444
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Erica and Kaoru are basically accumulating power in the name of Godou--they are taking advantage of him like they always do. I doubt he'd ever have a say in how the show runs, even if he's interested in it.
I think you right about Kaoru. However with Erica it's most likely a mixture of a little bit of her own ambition and looking after Godou who she does love dearly. It does make alot of sense for them as a group to consolidate things his ladies are currently members of 3 different magicial socities located on 2 contients and also neither Ena nor Yuri are even remotely close to Erica when it comes to politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
His reaction was quite indifferent. Disappointingly, he's like, "REALLY?". He's a bit surprised, but that's all. He wasn't even angry.
Well it's a different culture and really this is more of a matter of politics then them trying to interfer with his actaul relationship with Yuri since they want to adopt her into one of the higher class families. Besides Godou probably realizes they won't really take no for anwser and if he stops the adoption they'll just send attractive Miko's from apporiately high ranking families to his school to get close to him.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 18:55   Link #4445
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokolores View Post
But from what we've seen the Mikos put duty above almost everything. Look at what happened with Hikari. The main reason they objected her leaving home to take over that shrine was because she was too young I believe. If she had been older they wouldn't have seen anything wrong with it. What they intend to do to Yuri doesn't seem that different to me. Just the typical political maneuvering Godou has never been interested in. As long as Yuri doesn't oppose it why would Godou? Unlike you I haven't read it, but as I said before unless Yuri is outraged by the thing why should Godou?
It wasn't just because she was too young. The family who controlled the shrine she was to take over were control freaks in a sense of the mikos they have authority over. It's been known that those who are under their command does not have much freedom.
__________________
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 19:27   Link #4446
Mechatrill
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
It wasn't just because she was too young. The family who controlled the shrine she was to take over were control freaks in a sense of the mikos they have authority over. It's been known that those who are under their command does not have much freedom.
Huh, really? I never got that feel when it covered them in volume 6...

That Hikari would have to leave home and tend to the Monkey God is more a requirement of the job, I think, than it is because the Kuhoutsuka family demands it...

That they refused to tell the Mariya family what the job entails isn't that bad a thing when you look at the whole picture you know. Part of it is tradition, which is always a difficult thing to break, especially in Japanese culture, but the other part of it can be attributed to operational security.

Remember, the purpose of the job is to use a miko with disaster purification to control the seal over Sun Wukong, so that the Committee would have access to a god's powers for their needs. Take into account how overpowered gods are compared to vanilla mortals, and the position can be compared to controlling the launch codes for a WMD. There's pretty much no government that would blurt that out to anyone they want to hire for that position, especially if the WMD itself is a national secret. It'd only make sense to not tell anyone but the miko herself about the job, and only do so after she's accepted.
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 20:19   Link #4447
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
I think Godou will have a say in Yuri being adopted due to sensibility and common sense for the Modern age and will do even more if Yuri feels the same way. It is pretty arrogant for the Nobles disliking Yuri being by Godou side due to status, in their minds they think "this commoner knows no bound of her status, how dare she thinks she is worthy of being near the King".

By the way, does these Nobles know that there King happens to be born from a family that is lower status than themselves greatly? Really interesting if that topic is brought into attention in front of Godou.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 20:42   Link #4448
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Well it's a different culture and really this is more of a matter of politics then them trying to interfer with his actaul relationship with Yuri since they want to adopt her into one of the higher class families. Besides Godou probably realizes they won't really take no for anwser and if he stops the adoption they'll just send attractive Miko's from apporiately high ranking families to his school to get close to him.
It's not them trying to adopt her into the Seishuinns. This solution is actually offered by Ena, not someone else. Ena was trying to save Yuri from relentless gossip and other insults. There are many who just think that Yuri's trash simply because her family is pretty insignificant in the magic world.Like ReaperxKingx said,it's surprising that Godou isn't angry, considering that if not for his campione status, he would have been treated far worst than Yuri. They were not only insulting his sex friend, by also himself as well as all those who are related to him.
__________________
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 20:51   Link #4449
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Although Ena offered it, the entire Noble upper class will jump on the wagon to ensure this will happen so the caste system will not change. Nobles thrive on wanting to be thought of people better of everyone else and the thought of that stopping will ensure actions to prevent it by almost all means. As for Gundamfan's statement of Godou won't be able to not stop it, that applies to only the people he cares and know such as Erica or Lucretia when they do things to him, if it is someone like arrogant Nobles where he does not have any relations with does the same thing. Well lets say this may be one of the few times where Godou's treating everyone friendly (well except for a few notable Campiones and Gods, but hey they are not just everyone) will not apply here. Which I say will be very interesting.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 20:57   Link #4450
Mars Mode
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Until I read it, I will not say more on this matter.

I dont know exactly what are they trying to achieve by doing this. Especially after Godou went through the trouble of protecting Hikari. I dont know how was even the matter addressed. Trough the lips of Yuri or by other means. If Yuri said it I doubt she even gave that much detail to Godou.
__________________
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 20:59   Link #4451
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
Until I read it, I will not say more on this matter.

I dont know exactly what are they trying to achieve by doing this. Especially after Godou went through the trouble of protecting Hikari. I dont know how was even the matter addressed. Trough the lips of Yuri or by other means. If Yuri said it I doubt she even gave that much detail to Godou.
Spoiler for vol 13:
__________________
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 21:03   Link #4452
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Godou is put in a spot where he does not expect, I suspect he is still trying to take in the information. If Yuri is against this, no doubt he will so basically it depends on Yuri's actions but it has to be with resolution, any wavering will cause Godou to take action.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 21:08   Link #4453
Mars Mode
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Spoiler for vol 13:
Then that changes things, it should be fun to see if this is going to be resolved pacifically or by force.

Well not that I blame them some of them dont understand the nature of a Campione. Yuri is of Godou and since he is a false pacifist I dont think he will be doing something should things proceed smoothly. But should things get out of hand I look forward to seeing something else. Or he could ask for advice from his Grandpa since he is not the most acomplished person in the world of nobles. You never know.
__________________
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 21:23   Link #4454
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Under the Hell and Above the Heaven
Send a message via Skype™ to HasNoLove
btw, whut vol. dis topic came out....??
__________________
HasNoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 21:26   Link #4455
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
Then that changes things, it should be fun to see if this is going to be resolved pacifically or by force.

Well not that I blame them some of them dont understand the nature of a Campione. Yuri is of Godou and since he is a false pacifist I dont think he will be doing something should things proceed smoothly. But should things get out of hand I look forward to seeing something else. Or he could ask for advice from his Grandpa since he is not the most acomplished person in the world of nobles. You never know.
Godou will most likely try the peaceful course of action first due to the Nobles still being human if Yuri doesn't want to be adopted. If the Nobles are stubborn enough to keep pushing the issue (most likely they will), Godou will probably do something drastic like declaring what he really is. A Devil King and the perks of it.

Hasnolove, vol 13.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 21:29   Link #4456
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Godou will most likely try the peaceful course of action first due to the Nobles still being human if Yuri doesn't want to be adopted. If the Nobles are stubborn enough to keep pushing the issue (most likely they will), Godou will probably do something drastic like declaring what he really is. A Devil King and the perks of it.

Hasnolove, vol 13.
The aristocrats aren't pushing for Yuri to be adopted. They just want her to f@ck off. Ena was the one who proposed to adopt Yuri so that she wouldn't be harassed by them.
__________________
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 21:33   Link #4457
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
The aristocrats aren't pushing for Yuri to be adopted. They just want her to f@ck off. Ena was the one who proposed to adopt Yuri so that she wouldn't be harassed by them.
Yeah....................., right now I don't mind Godou being a little like Voban right now in dealing with the Nobles. These Nobles really do think too highly of themselves.

This situation reminds me of the conflict that my Uncle and I had about the same thing.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 21:40   Link #4458
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Yeah....................., right now I don't mind Godou being a little like Voban right now in dealing with the Nobles. These Nobles really do think too highly of themselves.

This situation reminds me of the conflict that my Uncle and I had about the same thing.
! Reaper's a noble! Git'em!

So.. the question now is how this all gets dealt with. Godou's not afraid to pull strings a little bit any more to get what he wants it seems.. What will the mighty devil king do!? I'd kind of be amused to see a volume dedicated almost entirely to political manoeuvring and other things related to more mundane matters of the real world that wasn't a side-story
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 21:45   Link #4459
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
! Reaper's a noble! Git'em!

So.. the question now is how this all gets dealt with. Godou's not afraid to pull strings a little bit any more to get what he wants it seems.. What will the mighty devil king do!? I'd kind of be amused to see a volume dedicated almost entirely to political manoeuvring and other things related to more mundane matters of the real world that wasn't a side-story
Spoiler for vol 13:
__________________
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 21:50   Link #4460
Yye1
Member of Little Busters
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
By the way, I have just read some posts on the chinese forum. People were having a discussion about what Godou's authority may be. One of things people noticed was one of the sentences
Spoiler for vol 13:
wow, so he is gonna be like Kirito, btw, is there a single link to vol 13 summaries/spoilers?
__________________
Donít you open your mouth about the best. Or Iím ma shut it for you real quick.
- Richard Sherman

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.