AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-17, 19:21   Link #6721
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Talking about Aisha, I was wondering what kind of Authorities she could have. Itīs already confirm she posses two, the power to summon spring and another to summon winter but canīt be all, she canīt as much bad luck as Godou when it comes gaining new powers.
Spring and winter could simply be part of an authority over the seasons, usurped from a deity such as Demeter.
Old 2013-05-17, 20:12   Link #6722
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Spring and winter could simply be part of an authority over the seasons, usurped from a deity such as Demeter.
Considering she's supposed to be Egyptian, I was thinking Isis.

Judging from her dress, it looks like she's from the Coptic Church most likely, which I have to admit isn't what I thought an Egyptian Campione would be like.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 20:16   Link #6723
Ddraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post

Judging from her dress, it looks like she's from the Coptic Church most likely, which I have to admit isn't what I thought an Egyptian Campione would be like.
Well she is very old, like 2000 years old I think, and Egypt back then is still part of Roman empire.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 20:31   Link #6724
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:

Isis does indeed represents nature and motherhood. The funny thing about Isis in Greek mythology that while Demeter represent Nature and seasons, Isis is said to be the corn Goddess. Isis is also the Roman God Venus (Aphrodite) with some other features added.

The general stereotype of Egyptians that they are usually tan in skin color and black eyes.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 20:35   Link #6725
zzhk
Summary Machine

Well, if you really think about it, none of the usurped authorities shown so far actually come from the Campiones' homelands.

Voban (Hungary): Apollo (Greek), Osiris (Egyptian), Chinese weather gods
Luo Hao (China): Vajrapani (Hindu), Gayatri (Hindu), Saturnus (Roman)
Alec (England): Ramiel (Hebrew), Furies (Greek), Minos (Greek), Behemoth (Hebrew), Melusine (Gaul, continental Europe)
JPS (USA): Tezcatlipoca (Aztec), Artemis (Greek), Oberon (Germanic)
Salvatore (Italy): Nuadha (Celtic), Siegfried (Norse/Germanic), Hephaestus (Greek)
Godou (Japan): Verethragna (Persian)
Old 2013-05-17, 20:41   Link #6726
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Well, if you really think about it, none of the usurped authorities shown so far actually come from the Campiones' homelands.

Alec (England): Ramiel (Hebrew), Furies (Greek), Minos (Greek), Behemoth (Hebrew), Melusine (Gaul, continental Europe)
Salvatore (Italy): Nuadha (Celtic), Siegfried (Norse/Germanic), Hephaestus (Greek)
Alec seems to have the most authorities. I am very curious how the battles between Salvatore and Luo Hao ended with him. I assume Luo Hao tore him up a new one while Salvatore was close. Wish there was a short story about those battles.
Old 2013-05-17, 20:45   Link #6727
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

What about Ama no Murakumo? It seems that it's related to Godou's homeland, after all it is one of the Imperial Regalia's of Japan.

And he did receive an authority from Circe(Greek), which is still unknown.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 21:01   Link #6728
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Alec seems to have the most authorities. I am very curious how the battles between Salvatore and Luo Hao ended with him. I assume Luo Hao tore him up a new one while Salvatore was close. Wish there was a short story about those battles.
Most authorities that are recorded.
Yinghua just said in SS6 that Luo Hao has more authorities than the ones she showed when she's in Japan. And Voban also has a lot more than what's recorded. Doni even said in vol2 that if their number of authorities are combined, it would exceed 10.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 21:06   Link #6729
Fwarlord

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
Well she is very old, like 2000 years old I think, and Egypt back then is still part of Roman empire.
It's weird. If Aisha was that old then she could even met Jesus in person. Why did she become a Christian if she was a campione already?
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 21:30   Link #6730
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
It's weird. If Aisha was that old then she could even met Jesus in person. Why did she become a Christian if she was a campione already?
If I remember correctly Aisha is 800 years old, not 2000.
Old 2013-05-17, 21:33   Link #6731
haseo0408

Quote:

Oberon and Saturnus? I donīt remember a campione with an Authority from those gods.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 21:59   Link #6732
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
I doubt she's exactly 2000 years old, she's probably on the way there. As I mentioned earlier, judging from the fact that she's mentioned as being based in Alexandria, she's probably identifies with the Coptic Church, which is quite an old institution.

Quote:
Oberon and Saturnus? I donīt remember a campione with an Authority from those gods.
JPS has Oberon's Authority, and Luo Hao mentioned defeating Saturnus, so she probably has his Authority.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 23:01   Link #6733
haseo0408

Quote:
I doubt she's exactly 2000 years old, she's probably on the way there. As I mentioned earlier, judging from the fact that she's mentioned as being based in Alexandria, she's probably identifies with the Coptic Church, which is quite an old institution.

JPS has Oberon's Authority, and Luo Hao mentioned defeating Saturnus, so she probably has his Authority.
Smith has a third Authoty?, what kind powers he weilds when using it?.
Old 2013-05-17, 23:10   Link #6734
Chris38

Quote:
Smith has a third Authoty?, what kind powers he weilds when using it?.
I think it's the one, which allows her to travel to and from the Netherworld, along with the ability to summon and control Faries.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 23:28   Link #6735
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I think it's the one, which allows her to travel to and from the Netherworld, along with the ability to summon and control Faries.
I remember now, she used it to help Erica and Liliana in volume 7 after they defeated the the devine beasts, I though it was regular magic never thought JPS fought Oberon and usurped his Authority.
Old 2013-05-18, 01:12   Link #6736
Yami no Ou
ダークフレイムマスター

I think it is mentioned somewhere that JPS have Oberon's authority
Old 2013-05-18, 04:25   Link #6737
alviam099

It is though you'll have to find it yourself -.-

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 05:17   Link #6738
Hidfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
It is though you'll have to find it yourself -.-
it is actually quite easy. You just go and use the search function for Oberon. Was a matter of 1 minute until I found it in Volume 12 Chapter 2.

Quote:
“It appears only Los Angeles’s John Pluto Smith-sama has the capability to transfer to the Netherworld and summon the residents from there for a short period of time due to the authority he usurped from Oberon the fairy king.”
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 05:31   Link #6739
iCK

Off the topic, but how did Erica learn japanese and Godou learn italian? It says by magic but does it go more in depth?
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 05:40   Link #6740
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Off the topic, but how did Erica learn japanese and Godou learn italian? It says by magic but does it go more in depth?
I think it was only mentioned in Vol.1, the author didn't go into further detail:
Quote:
"She is correct. That just now was [Mille Lingua] —— magic that can only be patiently honed for a long period of time. And even then, those adept must grasp the secrets of language before he can learn the skill. One who can use the technique at such a young age, such as you, is surely a rare sight."
The two elders praised him, one after the other.
Ever since Godou became a Campione, he had never encountered the problem of trying to communicate with foreigners. After associating with them for three days, he was naturally able to both understand and speak their language.
He always thought it was an extremely convenient, but also incredibly pathetic ability. Who knew it actually had such a story behind it...

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel