AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-13, 23:29   Link #7181
The Green One

Wouldn't the ultimate irony be that NOT fighting the Last King is the way to defeat him? For quite a while the Last King had the pant browning mythos of being the ultimate Campione killing machine. But what if he is not aggressive but only attacks and slaughters the spooked Campiones who overreact to try to protect themselves or the ones that have so many screws loose they pick a fight with the Last King to test their own power or in search of the ultimate glory in defeating he who cannot be defeated?
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 23:54   Link #7182
Gore17

Been suggested before.

Anyway, does anyone else notice that the Black Blade and Excalibur have a yin-yang thing going on? If the speculation that Godou will defeat the Last King and gain him/Excalibur as a result, I think a title referencing that would be cool.

Hell, consider Godou's contradictory nature, such a thing would be perfect for him.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 00:04   Link #7183
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Wouldn't the ultimate irony be that NOT fighting the Last King is the way to defeat him? For quite a while the Last King had the pant browning mythos of being the ultimate Campione killing machine. But what if he is not aggressive but only attacks and slaughters the spooked Campiones who overreact to try to protect themselves or the ones that have so many screws loose they pick a fight with the Last King to test their own power or in search of the ultimate glory in defeating he who cannot be defeated?
While, there is a chance of something like that happening ... it pretty much depends on what kind of personality the King of the End is going to have - and that's something that we won't know much about, until he wakes up, or until Godou meets him, in the past era that he was sent to.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 03:57   Link #7184
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore17 View Post
Been suggested before.

Anyway, does anyone else notice that the Black Blade and Excalibur have a yin-yang thing going on? If the speculation that Godou will defeat the Last King and gain him/Excalibur as a result, I think a title referencing that would be cool.

Hell, consider Godou's contradictory nature, such a thing would be perfect for him.
My thoughts exactly. Whether they fight to the end or whether it gets complicated and they agree to cooperate has to be seen, but yeah. However, that's why I'm annoyed by V14 because I think the showdown needs to come soon. I don't want Godou to get the "white weapon" and be unable to use it (for us to see)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
While, there is a chance of something like that happening ... it pretty much depends on what kind of personality the King of the End is going to have - and that's something that we won't know much about, until he wakes up, or until Godou meets him, in the past era that he was sent to.
I'd like to reference the maid dream here. Not because of the maid outfits (which I, contrary to to popular opinion, don't see happening in the future), but because of the "old hero worn and tired of battle", who I believe to be the King of the End. A god who's tired of protecting the world from trouble (read: campione) and a campione who fights only when necessary...I think there's a ground for understanding and mutual respect. Anyway, it's not like we can't make well-founded assumptions.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 04:39   Link #7185
OverNOut
The Obsever

I have a question, is Excalibur still in Tokyo Bay or did someone retrieved it?

If it is still there then could it be possible that Excalibur may turned into something like a Heretic God (like what Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi did in Volume 5) and attack Godou. If this happens then maybe he'll destroy Excalibur and received it as his new weapon just like in Volume 5. Then the spirit vision Circe saw was actually Godou fighting The King Of The End with both black and white blades.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 04:53   Link #7186
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
I have a question, is Excalibur still in Tokyo Bay or did someone retrieved it?

If it is still there then could it be possible that Excalibur may turned into something like a Heretic God (like what Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi did in Volume 5) and attack Godou. If this happens then maybe he'll destroy Excalibur and received it as his new weapon just like in Volume 5. Then the spirit vision Circe saw was actually Godou fighting The King Of The End with both black and white blades.
I don't remember anyone retriving it, but it's not certain that Excalibur is actually going to be the white weapon that Circe has seen.

After all, the scenario that you described would be a little repetitive in my opinion - not to mention ... a little too predictable.

I think that, the white weapon that, Circe spoke of could also be this sword:

Quote:
Meanwhile, back to Bousou again.

In the sky far above the ocean which had twice become the stage for intense battles. Even higher than the clouds. Further than the atmosphere. The celestial realm -- or rather, it is a place humans would call a satellite orbit.

A little island lay there floating.

From the perspective of the ground surface, it appeared motionless all year round -- what is known as a geostationary orbit. Humans were unaware of its existence. Even if they knew, they would simply dismiss it as floating matter in a satellite orbit.

In the center of this cramped plot of land, an iron sword was embedded.

A mighty sword whose blade measured roughly 100cm in length. The heavy double-edged blade was rather thick, resembling a woodcutter's chopper in structure. However, it was now worn out and corroded, only covered by rust.

Divine Sword of Salvation--

The personal sword of the Devil King-exterminating hero, the strongest [Steel].
I know that it has been mentioned that it's rusted, but it might be caused by the fact that it hasn't got any divine energy to use, due to his former master being, currently in a state of slumber that lasted for quite a huge amount of time.
Old 2013-06-14, 05:36   Link #7187
OverNOut
The Obsever

^ Isn't that sword actually The King Of The End himself? I thought in Lancelot's flashback when she first met The King Of The End, he was asleep in the form of a sword or something.

About my scenario:
Wasn't Excalibur made from the decrepit remains of The King Of The End so if it does become a Heretic God then it will be at least equivalent to the other gods of [Steel] and may also have some of The King Of The End's authorities. I think this might be a good way to show how powerful The King Of The End is by having Godou fight a weakened version of him and almost lose but I don't think this is gonna happen since doing that will just reveal The King Of The End's identity and I feel that the author wants to keep us readers in the dark as long as possible. In addition, it has already been a few months since Excalibur was lost so if it does come back as a Heretic God that it has taken its sweet time in doing so.
My whole scenario was just an idea and I don't think it will actually actually happen.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 06:36   Link #7188
Gore17

They've already got a lesser copy of the Last King: Arthur.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 06:58   Link #7189
dithar

I have a question...

I do understand that Guinevere trap Lancelot authority, but in this line
"After Perseus, it was the Great Sage Equaling Heaven's turn to be destroyed, and both their steel have been left upon the earth......"

Did "both their steel" mean their remains? or their authorities that goes to no one cos their death wasn't to pandora liking?

If that is, Guinevere don't steal Perseus or Monkey king's authorities right?

Wonder what Godou will get from lancelot if Guinevere don't trap it....

Last edited by dithar; 2013-06-14 at 07:49.
dithar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 07:20   Link #7190
alviam099

Probably the [Insane Rush], but either way, the steel upon the earth mostly refers to authorities.

Come to think of it, Verethragna was also a [Steel].

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 07:28   Link #7191
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
Probably the [Insane Rush], but either way, the steel upon the earth mostly refers to authorities.

Come to think of it, Verethragna was also a [Steel].
He isn't a [steel] god. He is a hybrid [light].
Old 2013-06-14, 08:12   Link #7192
alviam099

Ah, you mean a part sun god? Oh well here it is.
Quote:
"Yes, Perseus is the archetypical hero of steel with the [Sword] characteristic. Verethragna, who Kusanagi Godou unwittingly defeated, also belongs to the same category."

The ancestor of Verethragna, Mithra, also had a "born from stone" legend. There is also the Armenian war god Vahagn who has been called the brother of Verethragna. The hero god possessing flaming hair and beard, and born from the crimson sea.

Stones, in other words, ore, the origin of iron. Fire, to melt ore. Wind, to start fires and fan the flames. Water, to cool the newly forged metal. The intricate relationships between the elements are all essential to the various sword gods.

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 11:02   Link #7193
blackwhite67
Banned

Chapter 4 is out!
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 11:08   Link #7194
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

I think the ancient people of Europe might have mistaken Godou as Uldin because his appearance is somewhat similar him, albeit the scars and the furry cape.

He's quite lucky to end up in the time where Aisha was still active during her 200 yrs as Campione. He'll meet with her soon enough.

But the downside of his journey is that idiot ,Doni, is there with him. Fulfilling his so-called "RPG" game or going to war and conquering Kingdoms and stuff, while finding Gods ans Divine Beast.

Spoiler for I imagine Doni portraying a certain historical figure:

Last edited by Ken Sanders; 2013-06-14 at 11:20.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 11:42   Link #7195
Chris38

Well, after reading the part of chapter 4 that has been already translated.

1.) I don't think that Aisha's hole can be used, to return them to the present era, since their is a "tunnel" or "different dimension" that exists between each transfer points. Furthermore, there is nothing suggesting that one of Aisha's holes is close to the place, where they ended up in.

2.) I'm not sure if Doni actually ended up in the same time, as Godou, Erica and Ena ... since, there is nothing implying that someone else, has recently been in the place, where Godou, Ena and Erica have ended up - after all, Erica's spell would have probably pointed that out.

3.) I think that it has been implied that Godou and Uldin have some relation with each other ... considering that people from the era that they have ended up in, seem to have mistaken Godou for Uldin, despite the fact that Godou wears quite different clothes compared to Uldin.
Old 2013-06-14, 11:44   Link #7196
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:

1.) I don't think that Aisha's hole can be used, to return them to the present era, since their is a "tunnel" or "different dimension" that exists between each transfer points. Furthermore, there is nothing suggesting that one of Aisha's holes is close to the place, where they ended up in.

2.) I'm not sure if Doni actually ended up in the same time, as Godou, Erica and Ena ... since, there is nothing implying that someone else, has recently been in the place, where Godou, Ena and Erica have ended up - after all, Erica's spell would have probably pointed that out.

3.) I think that it has been implied that Godou and Uldin have some relation with each other ... considering that people from the era that they have ended up in, seem to have mistaken Godou for Uldin, despite the fact that Godou wears quite different clothes compared to Uldin.
If we look at their appearance in the illustration, it's plausible that some ignorant, fearful people would mistaken one for the other. They both have black hair and they're both tan.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 11:51   Link #7197
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:

For one thing, they are both asian.The Huns originated from asia.But would be fun if they really were related. At any rate, my theory's been proven correct. They are in the Roman Empire around
Spoiler for chapter 4 part 2,3 4:
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 12:00   Link #7198
chrono25

but thats what I think anyways them being family would make since besides them both being brothers through pandora but could this also be erica's families origin as well considering the unknown woman in the pics she does bear a slight resemblance to erica or this could be one of those past lives things .where two souls that are destined to find each other

also that tunnel if we think about it the terrasaur did travel through it to the present so maybe it just connects the two together it would make since and it would be simpler to explain but what makes Aisha's hole so troublesome is that she leaves them all around the world instead of closing them !

but thats my thoughts on that !
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 12:01   Link #7199
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

I would have thought that Godou would understand those people already given how Campiones have the (convenient) ability to speak and understand different languages. It probably takes a while to kick in I guess.

And I would agree on the people thinking Godou and Uldin are related. What that means is unsure at the moment. Curious about who this "Tyr" is. Another Campione I guess.
Then the speculation that they may meet the King of the End may hold true as counting Godou and Aisha, that would make it 4 already. And there's bound to be a lot more of them in that era.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 12:25   Link #7200
Zurvan
Divine Monarch

I believe Tyr is a Norse God of glory and a patron for warriors.

Could be a fun guy with fun authorities
Zurvan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel