AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-25, 20:09   Link #8001
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Campione will remain lighthearted, but I can see elements of the B plotlines ....doesn't he attempt B2 already anyway, fighting trouble to keep his life normal? After going kiss-berserk in V14 I can also see a soft A2, but... I didn't like the kiss and I hope he won't get worse. just me, though. what I do hope to be memorable though is the character development and I hope in the end, Godou will be the perfect harem lead...

As for an avatar, what would that do? Use all incarnations at once? Never. In a way, Godou already is an avatar of Verethragna ... actually, the only campione with an avatar should be Alec, and in his case I think it was a spell that helps using his authority and it's a weak point... though the lightning affinity from the authority might have helped learning the spell, but that's just speculation. anyway, I don't get why people are so hung up about avatars.. (okay, potentially awesome, but... there can be better)
Wind Avatar, nuff said. Though I am interested if he can just activate a form's instinctual skill. Activating [Sword]'s instinctual skill with swords or maybe [Bull]'s with hand to hand fighting... Godou's Authority if it could be completely controlled would be very efficiently dangerous.

Campione is obviously very much lighthearted as shown by how it glossed over the fact that Godou has killed a God. Not exactly human, but still a person regardless.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 20:12   Link #8002
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
Wind Avatar, nuff said. Though I am interested if he can just activate a form's instinctual skill. Activating [Sword]'s instinctual skill with swords or maybe [Bull]'s with hand to hand fighting... Godou's Authority if it could be completely controlled would be very efficiently dangerous.

Campione is obviously very much lighthearted as shown by how it glossed over the fact that Godou has killed a God. Not exactly human, but still a person regardless.
These gods are not remotely human. They've never experienced of hunger or despair or whatnot that make people people. Calling them people is quite frankly insulting to people.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-08-25 at 20:25.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 20:20   Link #8003
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
These gods are not remotely human. they've never had human experience of hunger or despair or whatnot. Calling them people is quite frankly insulting to people.
Well Greek Gods are pretty much human like don't you think?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 20:27   Link #8004
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well Greek Gods are pretty much human like don't you think?
Sure they're human-like, but to call them people is going too far. I'm not trying to insult them or anything, but it's necessary to draw the line between people and gods. All these guys care about is fighting, which makes sense if you think about it. They don't have to worry about starving or making a living so the only way to get a kick out of their existence is fighting and feeding their egos.
Old 2013-08-25, 20:29   Link #8005
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Sure they're human-like, but to call them people is going too far. I'm not trying to insult them or anything, but it's necessary to draw the line between people and gods. All these guys care about is fighting, which makes sense if you think about it. They don't have to worry about starving or making a living so the only way to get a kick out of their existence is fighting and feeding their egos.
True, but you cannot entirely separate them you know. I agree they shouldn't be called people because people will someday face consequences for their actions while Gods do not. Unless you play God of War, tearing out Helios head from his body never seems old....sigh good times good times.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 20:36   Link #8006
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

They are characters, characters are people. Maybe they are two dimensionals but that was pretty much how the humans have characterized them but despite everything, they still have feelings. True that they have poor empathy but they still have feelings. What peeved me out was that Godou doesn't feel anything over their deaths. They still have life, they still have feelings, and they still acts like people, if rather shallow, childish, and self-centered but the deaths were treated less seriously than a child treats the death of their pets.
Old 2013-08-25, 20:49   Link #8007
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
They are characters, characters are people. Maybe they are two dimensionals but that was pretty much how the humans have characterized them but despite everything, they still have feelings. True that they have poor empathy but they still have feelings. What peeved me out was that Godou doesn't feel anything over their deaths. They still have life, they still have feelings, and they still acts like people, if rather shallow, childish, and self-centered but the deaths were treated less seriously than a child treats the death of their pets.
He certainly felt something over Athena's death and technically they don't really die since their true form is myths held by people. Besides, it's not like you have to worry about hurting their feelings. They'll get pissed and bring their wrath, but otherwise they're just dicks and you can't hurt dicks, metaphorically speaking.
Old 2013-08-25, 20:54   Link #8008
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

And I was expecting it to be big because the experience of death should change the way you look at life. But all I see is that it has the no more impact as a pet's death to a child. I don't want him to get all angsty, but can't he at least start introspecting himself or something?
Old 2013-08-25, 21:16   Link #8009
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
And I was expecting it to be big because the experience of death should change the way you look at life. But all I see is that it has the no more impact as a pet's death to a child. I don't want him to get all angsty, but can't he at least start introspecting himself or something?
Well, it's not like she really died, you know? Besides, all campiones share certain qualities besides the luck of the devil. They all possess some sense of mental fortitude. I don't mean some steel character, but they all never change their ways. Alec steals, Luo Hao has her pride, Voban hunts, Aisha loves to travel, Smith insists on her masked hero charade, and Godou refuses to acknowledge his violent nature, but these are what ultimately make them campiones. Their obstnance in clinging to their paths regardless of whatever happens is what ultimately makes them worthy of being kings. I liken it to the concept of shinobi from Naruto and a person's ninja way.

If Godou was the sort of person to start "introspecting" over something like Athena's death, he wouldn't be a campione and he would never have been able to beat Verethragna, with whom I personally believed he shared an understanding with. Verethragna was an ass. The way his ignorant self was so kindhearted compared him with his memories restored reminds me of Gilgamesh from Fate/Stay Night. I like to believe that Verethragna wanted to be defeated not jsut because he was tired of victory, but also because he wanted to be restored to his normal self. I also believe that Godou knew this on some level and obliged.
Old 2013-08-25, 21:30   Link #8010
XFire
Harem Seeker

Quote:
About what? He and Athena had closure, as far as their bizarre relationship was concerned. They were able to finish their battle, Athena left Godou something to remember her by, and Godou killed Lancelot for interfering.

Also, a slight detail that always gets me: During the fight with Lancelot, Godou turns the Sword into a giant snake.
Old 2013-08-25, 21:34   Link #8011
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
God's death here doesn't have the same impact compared to when human is death. They know where god go after they death and its possible for them to return, changed of course because of the myth but still reborn nonetheless. Furthermore when they are died there is no corpse or blood left to make you realize the depth of your action, their death are pretty clean, hell some like Verethragna, Athena, or Lancelot are pretty calm in the face death, like death are just 'the next great adventure'. It doesn't seem like killing them has the same weight as killing human. The god has no responsibility anyway, killing them won't make nature go kapoot or leaving any negative impact on the world, killing them is the right thing to do. I can't really imagine why Godou should introspecting, because really there is no way the confrontation can go any other way, other than Godou died or the god died. Different story if Godou has choice to spare god. But most heretic god won't retreat nor can they reasoned with, regret or instropection can only happen if you feel that there is what if or maybe in your past action.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 21:46   Link #8012
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Ah, yes, the self-perpetuating vicious cycle isn't it? As I see it, all the Campiones are all people who are given power before reaching mental and emotional maturity in addition to lacking empathy. Their condition are made exactly so that they will never become 'wise', always make troubles, and just keep fighting without thinking anything but victory. It is inevitable that they will make some chaos.

Heretic Gods on the other hand are made 'perfect' that they too lacks empathy and just be selfish like that. Combined with the Campione, it's a time bomb waiting to implode. A rather Crapsacharine World, sugascoated Crapsack World, isn't it?

This actually made me have a different view of Artus. None of the Campiones are the Hero, it's Artus who is the Hero. His actions prevents the world from imploding. Thr only wau to achieve a true happy ending would be to teamnup with him and change how the world works.

But still... I would definitely love that twist. "This time, you are not the hero." Hope the Author went that way.
Old 2013-08-25, 23:32   Link #8013
bakapervert
A pervert

^ I don't think Artus can be fully called hero as well, its true that the Campione he killed, some are undoubtedly asshole and he did much good by ridding them, but its not like he prevent other heretic god from harassing human as well. He let heretic god sewing chaos in the world, and when enough Campione is born only then he bother to move his comfortable ass from his sleep and rid them all without exception. Campione or god, none of them are really fit to be called hero. But I prefer Campione, after all most of them are quite true to themselves, not like the self righteous god like Perseus, or Sun Wukong who despite calling themselves hero and decried the Campione evil, keep causing trouble to other people, and worst they are not troubled by that at all. Wonder how Artus's personality will be when he wake up? A tired veteran soldier, or go berserk when meet Campione and become self-righteous?
Old 2013-08-25, 23:50   Link #8014
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

^ No, he drove a lot of Heretic Gods into Netherworld. He didn't just kill Campiones, he also supresses some Heretic Gods. Either they went into hiding or they follow him. In the latter case, it seems that his followers sleeps too when he sleeps, or at least goes into a similar state like Lancie. The only troublemaking ones are the Divine Ancestors and they possess no harm in the bigger picture.

I am more inclined to believe Artus is the true Hero here. And from the clues given, he seems to be like Archer-EMIYA in terms of personality.
Old 2013-08-26, 00:35   Link #8015
bakapervert
A pervert

^ So Artus also hunting down heretic god? I forgot that detail. But about hero or not, I don't think that is really important, from Campione, only JPS call himself hero, the other doesn't really care to ponder whether they are hero or villain.
Old 2013-08-26, 01:00   Link #8016
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

^ Because there are no consequences to their actions. At least in Gensokyo the Gappies are killed by the resident when they've gone too far but in Campione!, there's no one to stop them. That's why the cycle is a more long-term one than DitR's quick one (record being Brolli living for three or so months). In Campione!, a Campione can live for hundreds of years, although the numbers are usually small and sometimes there are times when they aren't there. At this point, the compulsion to fight deities is actually a good thing or it would have been worse.
Old 2013-08-26, 11:27   Link #8017
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Send a message via Skype™ to HasNoLove
got any news for next book??
too lazy to open last page
Old 2013-08-26, 11:29   Link #8018
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Yeah, this is going to be at least once every two weeks it seems...

October is the earliest.

Last edited by Feng Lengshun; 2013-08-26 at 11:35. Reason: Wrong word
Old 2013-08-26, 11:33   Link #8019
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
got any news for next book??
too lazy to open last page
It has a tentative release date in October, which has been mentioned on the previous page.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 14:52   Link #8020
Kadi
知識の探求者

If it is released in October, we should get the usual serving of cover, synopsis, example image and teaser text in a month (which I will translate for the BT forums asap and post them here a day later or two, probably). Otherwise, we'll get it in two months (for a November release) or ~~ you do the maths.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel