AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-02-10, 09:38   Link #9421
Hokoga
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
That's what it was from the start... just like what Yuri and Ena said that they were sent to become his concubine
Yuri wasn't sent, she chose to be his woman.
Ena was the only one who was sent by the HCC
__________________
Meanwhile in IS-vers looks like France wins in the end
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 09:41   Link #9422
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: In my Body
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
so as to say that people usually disagree with you and that causes you to go into detail?
Nope. Almost anytime I'm voicing my thoughts, it's in detail. If I'm being short, either I'm not really interested or I just can't think of anything to say to it (or it just don't need something really long). Perhaps it's because I tend to review a lot of stories in FFN and you really need to illustrate your point well when you're criticizing it instead of going "This fic sux" that It became a habit?
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 09:42   Link #9423
Avaricia
My Lord
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
Yuri wasn't sent, she chose to be his woman.
Ena was the only one who was sent by the HCC
Doesn't change the fact that one of his girls were sent by an organization to manipulate him. I've said it before and I'll say it again... they got friendzone because all of them were members of a mage organization
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 09:48   Link #9424
Hokoga
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
Doesn't change the fact that one of his girls were sent by an organization to manipulate him. I've said it before and I'll say it again... they got friendzone because all of them were members of a mage organization
Then how do you explain all of the other girls who got friendzoned?
Godou's not an idiot I'm pretty sure he noticed at least a few of them.

Quote:
Nope. Almost anytime I'm voicing my thoughts, it's in detail. If I'm being short, either I'm not really interested or I just can't think of anything to say to it (or it just don't need something really long). Perhaps it's because I tend to review a lot of stories in FFN and you really need to illustrate your point well when you're criticizing it instead of going "This fic sux" that It became a habit?
well yeah if you just say "This fic sux" you'd be inviting unwanted trouble.
__________________
Meanwhile in IS-vers looks like France wins in the end
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 09:48   Link #9425
bakapervert
A pervert
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
Doesn't change the fact that one of his girls were sent by an organization to manipulate him. I've said it before and I'll say it again... they got friendzone because all of them were members of a mage organization
Where do you get that impression? And besides, Godou doesn't friendzone only members of a mage organization, he friendzone all of his female acquintance.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 09:51   Link #9426
Ickarium
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Yeah, saying the reason he friend-zoned them is due to that is ignoring oh, all those girls that Liliana mentioned. Including the girl who lives nearby whose family runs a restaurant.

Godou, due to his grandfather, pretty much automatically friend-zones all girls.

Frankly, he's lucky he met Ena, Erica, Liliana, and Yuri. I honestly can see him going through life alone and never changing, otherwise. He needed a kick in the pants.
__________________
Ickarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 10:05   Link #9427
Kadi
知識の探求者
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
That's way faster than I imagined Seems like it's just last 3 months ago when the last book came out >.>

Though we'll probably need to wait till chinese translation finish before reading the english translation so it'll be like next month for me to read it ;_;
then again it's already pretty fast ww
Actually, you can read parts of it already... IN ENGLISH! Like here or here...
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 10:07   Link #9428
bakapervert
A pervert
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
^ What? They are going to cheat like that? How disappointing.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 10:08   Link #9429
Kadi
知識の探求者
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I know, right...

(I really wish I were trolling right now)
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 10:13   Link #9430
Trung-t-rung
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
@Feng Lengshun: I think the romance in the novels is handle quite well, it's not actually good but it's not bad either.
Not every relationships need to have some tragic, dark past or drama, you know. Most real life relationship just simply , well, normal and uneventful. You don't exactly expect your girlfriends or wives to have some tragic past or problem for you to solve when you are in a relationship.
At least that how most couples and marriages I know are like that.
Trung-t-rung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 11:13   Link #9431
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: In my Body
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
Godou's not an idiot I'm pretty sure he noticed at least a few of them.
Quote or it never happened.

...

Oh god, I've been spending too many time in OBD that "Bring me feats/scan/calc" become a reflex.

@trung

No. But it'll involve hardship along the way. We're talking about two(+) human beings and the hardship of life. Human are all different, even if they are deeply in love with each other, they have different characters, that can come to clash sometimes and especially true if they have a lot of difference (unless one of them are extreme doormats), and that's before the hormone died down and you become more comfortable with their company (before you ask, those feeling of happiness and 'twu wuv' is actually anxiety and it 'disappears' once you become comfortable with them). This isn't even mentioning stuff like jealousy, there's a reason why polygamy is is really hard to pull off in real world.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 11:15   Link #9432
Avaricia
My Lord
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
Where do you get that impression? And besides, Godou doesn't friendzone only members of a mage organization, he friendzone all of his female acquintance.
The f*ck are you talking about? Isn't it their fault for not telling Godou that they like him? Erica stated that she loved him and she got friendzoned... come on man
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 11:25   Link #9433
Trung-t-rung
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
Quote or it never happened.

...

Oh god, I've been spending too many time in OBD that "Bring me feats/scan/calc" become a reflex.

@trung

No. But it'll involve hardship along the way. We're talking about two(+) human beings and the hardship of life. Human are all different, even if they are deeply in love with each other, they have different characters, that can come to clash sometimes and especially true if they have a lot of difference (unless one of them are extreme doormats), and that's before the hormone died down and you become more comfortable with their company (before you ask, those feeling of happiness and 'twu wuv' is actually anxiety and it 'disappears' once you become comfortable with them). This isn't even mentioning stuff like jealousy, there's a reason why polygamy is is really hard to pull off in real world.
In a serious relationship, maybe, but I consider Godou's relationships not a serious one. More like couples in high school who acts loveydovey all the time. It's just that most the girls and himself have been involved in too-much life and death situation and in many ways, they are a lot closer than normal teenage couples. Most people in the first stage of their relationships are like that, rarely have a fight, or fail to recognize their partner's problems and stuff like that. Well, most of the thing you mention only happens to couples when they are at the second stage, like living together or actually married.
Well, I don't actually read it for the romance so I don't care much about that kind of stuffs. The romance in Japanese anime, manga, light novels are usually light-hearts like that, some of them may described it with more realism like you said but then again, Campiones! doesn't focus much on romance, just read it like your average romance comedy show. It's not like anyone here actually read a f**king battle, harem,action, comedy for a serious romance anyway.
P/S:At least it's still better than Twilight, Hunger Games or some of the young adult romance in the West.
Trung-t-rung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 11:27   Link #9434
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
even tough Godou friendzoned all the girls in the lastest volumes he is starting to be more truthful to his own lust towards his main harem.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 11:38   Link #9435
edrey
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
you don't get it at all


godou was far too much dense and he didn't want to accept his own nature, that was the reason but that was before


if you want true romance first you have to accepted it and then make your move on it


like erica, in the first battle with doni, like lliliana in the battle with perseus, like yuri in the battle with ama no murakumo or like ena in he journey to the past. they know, and doesn't matter if they were sent by hcc , they will become traitors if they have to


the next volume it will be short stories, so if you have to said something about romance, wait a little more
edrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 11:40   Link #9436
Avaricia
My Lord
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
even tough Godou friendzoned all the girls in the lastest volumes he is starting to be more truthful to his own lust towards his main harem.
That's why I said from the START of the series. I never said something negative about their relationship in the current arc
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 11:47   Link #9437
bakapervert
A pervert
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
The f*ck are you talking about? Isn't it their fault for not telling Godou that they like him? Erica stated that she loved him and she got friendzoned... come on man
I think that's because she is too aggressive, Godou got cold feet and friendzoned Erica because at that time he is not ready for the level of commitment Erica want. If at volume 1 or 2 Godou got swept by Erika and receive her confession, he will get married the moment he got to legal age and his fate is sealed. He do all sensible 16 year old teenage male do when face with commitment of marriage, run away like hell. I think he also explained why he friendzoned Ena, Erica, Lilliana and Yuri and doesn't do the 'deed' in volume 9. SOmething about keeping his fang sharp or other bullshit. And the guy is also still in delusion about how he is normal and doesn't have a harem. The thing is, the moment he accept one of the girl as lover, he also need to accept the other three. No sir, I'm just a normal student you can find anywhere. He averted his eyes pretty hard from reality and keep stating that him and the girls are just 'friend'. But deep down Godou and the girls already know the truth. And about all the other acquintances not telling Godou, maybe its true, but they definitely give a lot of hint.

Quote:
"Kyouno... There was someone called that, a girl with a poor memory, always forgetting to bring textbooks, so she frequently combined desks with me and shared mine. She was always inexplicably friendly to me, and started conversations for no particular reason, probably because we were in the same class."

"Then what about Kyouno Emili's close friend, Uchida Kyouko?"

"You mean that very quiet and proper fellow, always sticking together with Kyouno. Extremely quiet. Now that you mention it, she did write me a 'can we be friends?' letter, so I became friends with her."

"One more person I must confirm, who is Tokunaga Asuka?"

"She's an old friend who lives on the same commercial street as me, didn't you pass her by many times already, Liliana? Her personality is very strong, and often complaining, but sometimes she would act so friendly it makes me feel uncomfortable, like suddenly forcing a lunchbox onto me, saying 'I made too much by accident, so here you go!' Things like that."


@Feng Lengshun

The debate about romance that has depth and its application in harem route remind me of a fanfiction of Harry Potter that I read. Here:https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9646669...-Firebird-Saga
Realistic harem route where the member of the harem met a lot of those conflict and problem. Pretty angsty, pretty depressing, and I'm not sure they can get happy ending. Oh, and its also crapsaccharine world, pretty screwed up.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 11:53   Link #9438
Superbia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Yeah, saying the reason he friend-zoned them is due to that is ignoring oh, all those girls that Liliana mentioned. Including the girl who lives nearby whose family runs a restaurant.

Godou, due to his grandfather, pretty much automatically friend-zones all girls.

Frankly, he's lucky he met Ena, Erica, Liliana, and Yuri. I honestly can see him going through life alone and never changing, otherwise. He needed a kick in the pants.
The reason isn't because of his grandfather, but his own resolve. Remember the conversation he had with Ena in Volume 9?

Spoiler for Volume 9:
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 12:04   Link #9439
Ickarium
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
It's both.

His resolve didn't have anything to do with the girls before he became a Campione! after all. All that stuff didn't apply.

Things can have more than one reason!
__________________
Ickarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 12:09   Link #9440
Hokoga
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
[QUOTE=bakapervert;5007457]I think that's because she is too aggressive, Godou got cold feet and friendzoned Erica because at that time he is not ready for the level of commitment Erica want. If at volume 1 or 2 Godou got swept by Erika and receive her confession, he will get married the moment he got to legal age and his fate is sealed. He do all sensible 16 year old teenage male do when face with commitment of marriage, run away like hell. I think he also explained why he friendzoned Ena, Erica, Lilliana and Yuri and doesn't do the 'deed' in volume 9. SOmething about keeping his fang sharp or other bullshit. And the guy is also still in delusion about how he is normal and doesn't have a harem. The thing is, the moment he accept one of the girl as lover, he also need to accept the other three. No sir, I'm just a normal student you can find anywhere. He averted his eyes pretty hard from reality and keep stating that him and the girls are just 'friend'. But deep down Godou and the girls already know the truth. And about all the other acquintances not telling Godou, maybe its true, but they definitely give a lot of hint.


Spoiler for @Feng Lengshun Quote:

Thanks I didn't want to have to go back and look this up.
__________________
Meanwhile in IS-vers looks like France wins in the end
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.