AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-03-27, 09:23   Link #9961
goblehook
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
If you just mean his political power then ... I agree that Godou definitely is quite capable in that area ... and once he creates his own magical association, which has already been given a few implications in the light novels, the magics communities political world is definitely going to undergo a major change
Godou's leadership ability and general charisma is somewhat low though. It's good for girls, sure, but for leading a large group, he still lacks the ability and experience. If he does, he wouldn't have been so stomped by his girls and his 'friends' (with friends like those...). He needs to be more commandeering, and more long term in his planning ability. He's a good battler, a fine tactician, and an okay lover, but he's not exactly a good leader, strategist, and public figure material. Yet, at least.
That is not a leader but a manager. Managers commands people who are less capable than themselves. And a group cannot function without a manager.

Godou's harem does not need the supervision of the head. They act to aid the head on their own volition without the need for orders.

And that is a characteristics of a leader. They gather under the single banner that is Godou and that they follow him less because of his abilities and more because or his character. A public figure indeed.

A leader gathers people who are more capable than themselves. A manager commands people who are less capable than themselves.

Have you ever seen a President who can do anything? No. All of his staff work and advise to compensate for what a President lacks.
goblehook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 11:19   Link #9962
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: In my Body
There's a difference between manager and leader. If we're going with the formal theory, leaders are the top of the pyramid, he's in charge of all the operational process which in the most basics would be the POAC (Planning-Organizing-Actuating-Controlling). Have we seen Godou actually planning ahead in long term? Organizing his resources and manpower? We've seen him doing things, sure, but that's on the fly and not based on a long-term planning. And controlling... he couldn't even control his girls most of the times, you expect him to control a large number of people? He's a manager, and a manager only manage a relatively small section, not the whole group.

Look, there's a big difference between leading a small group who trusts and loves you and leading a big group of people with dozens of motivations and characters. There's a reason why when people get promoted there are usually a few months long formal training that they have to do. And that's when the person was just going to advance by one step of the career ladder, Godou? You're basically saying that he could make a good computer because he could place some computer parts correctly. It's too big of a jump.

It isn't like in some anime. They don't even have an active enemy they all constantly fight, it's just him fighting while everyone runs the rest of the operations related to magics. Economy is an obvious one, PR maybe not much and laws too probably, but inter-association relationships is a must. The rest are resource and manpower management and doing the actual operations, which might range from simple to hard. Godou's responsibility would be to give an okay or a no to all of these and while he has some friends on his side, like it or not he has to play the politic games. Let's just hope it wouldn't go like A Song of Ice and Fire, shall we?


The President may not take care of all the things directly, but he sure needs to make all important and big decisions (the POAC at the most basic division), on top of all of those PR and politic bullshits. Some mistakes are allowed, but there will be effects and consequences to bear for all of them, which might or might not be big.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 11:42   Link #9963
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: In my Body
I try to like it, but there's always something people said that get to me. Sorry, I'm one for good storytelling and realism, unless it's full-blown comedy. I do like the anime though, with exception to the last episode and the Liliana cameos, that should count for something at least. For fanfics... I did created an FFN Campione! forum, though so far there are really only about four stories I genuinely liked (Pet na Campione-Sama, Rias Gremory's Godslayer, Once and Future King, and Post Ch.3 Immoral Saints).

You can say that I have a high standard, and people tend to say the wrong thing to say around me here. Shrug, should be expected from an SB-er and to a degree BL-er like me, being a villain and elitist respectively.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 13:03   Link #9964
teejmo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
I'd like to point out that Kodou is the leader in name only. It's easy to unite under the banner of someone who holds great power, and who is more powerful than someone who has defeated gods? The actual management of the association being built with Kodou on its throne seems to be left to Kaoru and Erica, according to Volume 13.

I guess you could say Kodou is basically a puppet king.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 13:15   Link #9965
J4n1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
I'd like to point out that Kodou is the leader in name only. It's easy to unite under the banner of someone who holds great power, and who is more powerful than someone who has defeated gods? The actual management of the association being built with Kodou on its throne seems to be left to Kaoru and Erica, according to Volume 13.

I guess you could say Kodou is basically a puppet king.
Not a puppet king, because in the end, the power is Godou's, and he can assert it anytime and anyway he wants to.
Kaoru and Erica handle most of politics because Godou does not care about any of that stuff, and actively avoids it when he can.

It's more of a case of powerful and charismatic king, who does not give a crap about accounting so taxes and stuff is left to his loyal (and they are loyal in this case) ministers and advisors.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 13:18   Link #9966
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
I'd like to point out that Kodou is the leader in name only. It's easy to unite under the banner of someone who holds great power, and who is more powerful than someone who has defeated gods? The actual management of the association being built with Kodou on its throne seems to be left to Kaoru and Erica, according to Volume 13.

I guess you could say Kodou is basically a puppet king.
Who is Kodou?

About divine ancestors, since the grail absorbs and turns mother earth goddesses into divine ancestors, wouldn't it work with gods who rule over land and earth like Minos? Assuming instead of Alec Guinevere and Lancelot defeated Minos and absorbed his essence, would we have a male divine ancestor?
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 13:29   Link #9967
vlade
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
then it's time for BL Minos X KotE (LoL)

but i think a it's impossible for Minos become Divine Ancestor i rember that essence of Minos already used up for the first ressurection of KotE but it got canceled by Black Prince.
vlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 21:53   Link #9968
rizk_doank
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
i just want to ask.
where godou earn money for travelling to england,milan,etc or for stay in hotel?
are godou rich or it come from organization that recognizes godou like copper black cross, bronze black cross, history comitee,etc?

sory if my english is bad
rizk_doank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 22:01   Link #9969
bakapervert
A pervert
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
^ HCC is the one that pay all the bill, if not than Copper black cross.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 22:05   Link #9970
Ickarium
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Also, a short story mentions that Godou is relatively well off for personal finances because his family always has a big party around Christmas and for some reason (read: the luck of a Campione! even before he became one) he always won there. And these parties had serious bank.

The fact that while we don't meet his family, he and his sister manage to live where they do suggests his family as a whole are pretty wealthy. I kind of like the fanon that Godou's family aren't all as ... lawful as he is, as well, but that's fanon and not canon far as I'm aware.
__________________
Ickarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 09:26   Link #9971
Forkys
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Does someone knows in which volume is mentioned that protection from youth incantation, doesnt causes pain but pleasure?
And doesnt someone knows when will be new volume released?
Forkys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 09:38   Link #9972
bakapervert
A pervert
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
^ There is no such thing. So far in the canon youth cause pain to the receiver, though the pain become lessened when Godou used it second time on Erica. The thing about youth causing pleasure is just from fanfiction.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 10:28   Link #9973
dragonsense
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Wondering if the vol.17 will be the resurection of kong of end... also curious if the 7 camoiones will team up to fight the god team in battle royal or one on one.., at leat it shoild had the even number like when 3 campione vs 3 gods in great sage equaling heaven... i think it is hard to believe if just dony and godou to beat all the god.. just sun eukong alone is already very hard to beat
dragonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 10:42   Link #9974
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsense View Post
Wondering if the vol.17 will be the resurection of kong of end... also curious if the 7 camoiones will team up to fight the god team in battle royal or one on one.., at leat it shoild had the even number like when 3 campione vs 3 gods in great sage equaling heaven... i think it is hard to believe if just dony and godou to beat all the god.. just sun eukong alone is already very hard to beat
Nope it won't, since none of the current generation Campione are ready to fight against a properly revived KOTE yet.

As for how the battle against the gods that where resurrected into the KOTE's servants + Athena is going to look like ... first of all, Voban is an enemy of Godou, Doni and probably the other Campione's as well, so it's unlikely that he will show up in this fight.

Second of all, apart from Doni ... they don't have any idea of the events that are going to occur in Japan and once they learn about it .. they will need some time to get there.

Last of all, Campione are pretty unreasonable beings ... so I doubt that logic has much to say when it comes to their odds in defeating gods - at the moment the only thing that I can say is that Godou definitely needs to show some new use of the authorities that he has, since all of the gods that he faced know what kind of abilities he has + Persus is also Mithra and I doubt that Godou's golden sword is going to be effective in sealing that part of his divinity again.

Although ,I agree that the fight against them is definitely going to be a tough one.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 10:56   Link #9975
Fwarlord
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Nope it won't, since none of the current generation Campione are ready to fight against a properly revived KOTE yet.

As for how the battle against the gods that where resurrected into the KOTE's servants + Athena is going to look like ... first of all, Voban is an enemy of Godou, Doni and probably the other Campione's as well, so it's unlikely that he will show up in this fight.

Second of all, apart from Doni ... they don't have any idea of the events that are going to occur in Japan and once they learn about it .. they will need some time to get there.

Last of all, Campione are pretty unreasonable beings ... so I doubt that logic has much to say when it comes to their odds in defeating gods - at the moment the only thing that I can say is that Godou definitely needs to show some new use of the authorities that he has, since all of the gods that he faced know what kind of abilities he has + Persus is also Mithra and I doubt that Godou's golden sword is going to be effective in sealing that part of his divinity again.

Although ,I agree that the fight against them is definitely going to be a tough one.
We didn't even know the current campiones' full power yet. To Voban and Luo Hao, their battles with Godou are but little games to them. Aisha is always mysterious, we didn't see she fighting seriously, but one thing for sure, those 3 killed many gods already.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic218451_1.gif Lovers for Eternity
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 11:13   Link #9976
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
We didn't even know the current campiones' full power yet. To Voban and Luo Hao, their battles with Godou are but little games to them. Aisha is always mysterious, we didn't see she fighting seriously, but one thing for sure, those 3 killed many gods already.
Yes, I agree that those two and Aisha probably haven't shown their full power, but I think the same can be said about the KOTE.

After all the Campione's of the past era also killed many gods, but ultimately they weren't capable of defeating him - at the very least, there is nothing indicating that.

Which brings us to the topic of Godou, who due to his MC status can be thought as an exception ... and based on his battle against the incompletely revived KOTE, I don't think he is ready to face the fully revived KOTE yet.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 21:14   Link #9977
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Rather than power, what Godou needs to win against the KotE is knowledge. Of course we want to see new powers, but far more powerful campiones than Godou have been exterminated by the KotE. Godou has one thing they didn't have though, which is the golden sword. If he knows the KotE's name and legend he could sever the part of his divinity that gives him a power-up when facing godslayers.
__________________
bludvein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 22:13   Link #9978
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Rather than power, what Godou needs to win against the KotE is knowledge. Of course we want to see new powers, but far more powerful campiones than Godou have been exterminated by the KotE. Godou has one thing they didn't have though, which is the golden sword. If he knows the KotE's name and legend he could sever the part of his divinity that gives him a power-up when facing godslayers.
I think part of the reason the KotE keeps beating Campiones isn't just because he's a really powerful god, it's because he has a great support system. He's got a bunch of gods and Divine Ancestors working for him, and makes lots of preparations, so I'm sure that gives him an edge against Campiones, who usually fight alone.

When Sun Wukong was using the power of the ancient covenant, he did the same thing, he summoned gods to help him, and he prepared as well. If Luo Hao and JPS weren't there, Godou would have died for sure.

We're probably going to get the same thing with the KotE fight. We know Salvatore's going to be involved, since they foreshadowed his fight with the 'Wind King', and probably Aisha as well, maybe Luo Hao too.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 23:20   Link #9979
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Secret :)
Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
i do wonder if godou will control center of all 7 campione against kote, well heretic athena teach him now i wonder if all 7 cooperate in this future battle
__________________
I love both Kiniro no Corda, K-ON!! and GE/GC and High School DxD ^_^


kusabireika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 23:31   Link #9980
teejmo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
i do wonder if godou will control center of all 7 campione against kote, well heretic athena teach him now i wonder if all 7 cooperate in this future battle
No way Voban would help. He'll probably rush out to enjoy a new challenge, only to be properly smashed by the Sword of Salvation or whatever. Of course, he could have a rematch against Godou that would presumably entail a wish granted to the victor, which Godou could use to insure his cooperation...

Anyways, the three female Campione would be willing to help without a second thought (since Luo Hao and Aisha are Godou's "sisters", and JPS has already refrained from moving against Godou). I think Doni has basically become Godou's sidekick - I mean, it seems like if he's in the vicinity of Godou, he lets Godou take over.

As for Alec - that one is up in the air. We already know he's the type to just work by himself, but he's also a master strategist. He could easily decide that teaming up is the best way to survive. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he just ran away, choosing that as a means of survival, rather than fighting.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.