AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-05-19, 05:00   Link #10161
Ickarium
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
One has to realize that the Pandora myth is, at the heart, a highly sexist myth which describes Pandora in less than flattering terms. Quite literally in Hesiod, she is basically a caricature of an 'evil woman there to ruin men'. Earlier myths are also less than favorable. The author could go with this, but it would have rather unfortunate implications.

I think it's more likely, as I've said before, a metaphysical balance instead of how things work. Gods fall from the mythic. Do they choose like some think, or is it an accident? Who knows. Pandora, perhaps in recompense for the whole jar thing, helps form Campione. But the scale of the magic requires a balance, and so the KotE is 'born' as the KotE. Something like that.
__________________
Ickarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 03:35   Link #10162
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
I think it's more likely, as I've said before, a metaphysical balance instead of how things work. Gods fall from the mythic. Do they choose like some think, or is it an accident? Who knows. Pandora, perhaps in recompense for the whole jar thing, helps form Campione. But the scale of the magic requires a balance, and so the KotE is 'born' as the KotE. Something like that.
I agree ... since I also see the existence of Heretic Gods and Campione as a system to keep the world in a state of Equilibrium.

I mean when a situation arises where there are too many Heretic Gods appear in the Mortal World ... Campione are being 'born' and in reverse .... when the dominance of the Campione is too high ... KOTE is being revived with the mission to cleanse the world from the threat that Campione's posses.

With the world of Campione going like this, in a infinite loop, until something or rather someone *cough*Godou*cough* breaks this system, by actually defeating the KOTE.

It also makes me hope that KOTE won't be the final boss, since I think that Godou living in such am unbalanced world that would emerge after the defeat of KOTE, could also provide us with some interesting developments ... especially in regard to Godou's character.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 07:34   Link #10163
lived_1714
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I agree ... since I also see the existence of Heretic Gods and Campione as a system to keep the world in a state of Equilibrium.

I mean when a situation arises where there are too many Heretic Gods appear in the Mortal World ... Campione are being 'born' and in reverse .... when the dominance of the Campione is too high ... KOTE is being revived with the mission to cleanse the world from the threat that Campione's posses.

With the world of Campione going like this, in a infinite loop, until something or rather someone *cough*Godou*cough* breaks this system, by actually defeating the KOTE.

It also makes me hope that KOTE won't be the final boss, since I think that Godou living in such am unbalanced world that would emerge after the defeat of KOTE, could also provide us with some interesting developments ... especially in regard to Godou's character.
He will be as long as that he finally believes in what he does, not as a mortal but as a godslayer.
lived_1714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 01:07   Link #10164
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Secret :)
Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Just wondering if a godslayer want do die will he/she suicidely attack the god/goddess? So they will achieve death, or kill themselves. What wil happen to their power will it return to the gods/goddesses that have been slayed I hope it's ok to ask
__________________
I love both Kiniro no Corda, K-ON!! and GE/GC and High School DxD ^_^


kusabireika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 02:07   Link #10165
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Just wondering if a godslayer want do die will he/she suicidely attack the god/goddess? So they will achieve death, or kill themselves. What wil happen to their power will it return to the gods/goddesses that have been slayed I hope it's ok to ask
Unfortunately it's currently impossible to actually answer this question, considering the luck of information that we have on this topic.

Still, considering the fact that it has been implied that Godou might meet Verethragna again ... even after he has 'stolen' his powers , I speculate there are two possibilities of what occurs when the Godslayer 'dies':

1.) The power simply disappears into the Underworld, where it's used up as some extra source of energy to maintain that place.

2.) The power returns to the God from whom the power has been 'stolen' ... but I believe this only occurs when the God in question still hasn't been revived or he is the person who dealt the killing blow to the Godslayer who has stolen his powers.

At least that's what I think...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 02:37   Link #10166
RpR1337
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Hungary
Might want to reenact Verethragna's final words there ... he promised to come back for a rematch, so probably, Gods have 'second chances'.

Well, what I believe, is that when a Campione dies, his/her power vanishes with his/her life (they have lifeforce too, after all). The God however regains his/her power in myths, as they're the ones who are believed in.

Think something like this. A weapon is "enchanted" with power, then another one breaks it. Therefore, the "enchantment" will "posess" the other weapon. But once the broken weapon is reforged, it will also regain the "enchantment", thereby resulting in the same power in two different places.

Something like that.
__________________

Let us remember the victims of Domestic Violence.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 14:10   Link #10167
GBFirestorm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Where the Winds of Chaos blow
Do we know when the next volume is out?
GBFirestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 22:48   Link #10168
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBFirestorm View Post
Do we know when the next volume is out?
No official info has been released, but considering the previous volumes release dates, somewhere around August / September might be a logical speculation of when the next volume is going to be released.

But, since the author is doing two novel series at the same time, which definitely has an effect on his release schedule, the wait periods between each volume might be even larger then the 4 / 5 months that the previous volumes had... so don't take my assumption too seriously
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 23:30   Link #10169
GBFirestorm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Where the Winds of Chaos blow
Hope the next one is a proper story rather then short stories. Waited ages for the novel to come out only for it to be a disappointment.
GBFirestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 00:15   Link #10170
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
No official info has been released, but considering the previous volumes release dates, somewhere around August / September might be a logical speculation of when the next volume is going to be released.

But, since the author is doing two novel series at the same time, which definitely has an effect on his release schedule, the wait periods between each volume might be even larger then the 4 / 5 months that the previous volumes had... so don't take my assumption too seriously
Leviathan of the Covenant has a new volume coming out in June, so yes, we may have to wait a while longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBFirestorm View Post
Hope the next one is a proper story rather then short stories. Waited ages for the novel to come out only for it to be a disappointment.
We already got the next volume's title, and from the sound of it, it's definitely not a side story volume.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 15:18   Link #10171
GBFirestorm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Where the Winds of Chaos blow
What is the next volume's title?
GBFirestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 19:55   Link #10172
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBFirestorm View Post
What is the next volume's title?
The Hero's Name.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 04:59   Link #10173
GBFirestorm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Where the Winds of Chaos blow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
The Hero's Name.
Finally about time we learnt who he is
GBFirestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 11:31   Link #10174
RpR1337
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Hungary
And what would that name be (since Prof. GooGLe PhD. can't provide an answer, which is a rare case indeed)?
__________________

Let us remember the victims of Domestic Violence.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 12:11   Link #10175
teejmo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
I'm calling the "hero's name" will not be HotE's name but his mysterious masked sidekick's (Robin, the Boy Wonder?). I still think it's too early to find out the identity of this series' "big bad", since it's been told that it'll be key to defeating KotE, and our hero still has to defeat at least four enemies (again) to reach him.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 14:05   Link #10176
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
didnt author say that soon enough we would have learnt his name? Maybe at next volume ending?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 15:10   Link #10177
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
didnt author say that soon enough we would have learnt his name? Maybe at next volume ending?
And when we do learn it we'll all be face-palming over not guessing it.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 15:58   Link #10178
Ickarium
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
I'm waiting for a Robert Jordan-esque 'The person who killed Asmodean is totally obvious!' not obvious. ;P
__________________
Ickarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 00:50   Link #10179
assmdxd
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: not in the real world any more (2.d world)
Question

is there any news about the date of released volume 17
__________________

so cool
assmdxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 10:12   Link #10180
Ravagerblade
Fairy Magic God Othinus
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: "United" States
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
And when we do learn it we'll all be face-palming over not guessing it.
Has Hercules been done before? thor? Odin?
__________________
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.