AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-17, 07:17   Link #1141
TJP1600
小桃姑娘
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: 桃树
I just started reading the LNs and just curious, has he made a commitment yet to any of them(like does he realize they love him and has he reciprocated the feeling of love to any of them)? If they do, around which LN do things really start to progress? I'm hoping that these relationship go somewhere so im not wasting my time reading this with high hopes for relationship development. Although even if the relationships havent really progressed anywhere, I'm loving the basis of this story.

also does shizuka ever find out about their dealings with magic, gods, etc?
__________________

Last edited by TJP1600; 2012-05-17 at 10:08.
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 12:15   Link #1142
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
I just started reading the LNs and just curious, has he made a commitment yet to any of them(like does he realize they love him and has he reciprocated the feeling of love to any of them)? If they do, around which LN do things really start to progress? I'm hoping that these relationship go somewhere so im not wasting my time reading this with high hopes for relationship development. Although even if the relationships havent really progressed anywhere, I'm loving the basis of this story.

also does shizuka ever find out about their dealings with magic, gods, etc?
no he never makes any commitment to them.
They make a commitment to him tho.
They tell everyone around them, that they belong to godou.

Its first Erica who does it very showingly.
Erica litterally tells everyone, she is the property of godou, and please dont associate themselves with her, unless its a concern about godou.
Then comes lily and does the exact same thing.
Lilly tells the entire class, she is Godou's personal servant and knight.
And to make things worse, she adds, that both their fates are intertwined in some kinda love making soul match, when she only implies it on a professional level.

It makes one think if knights are like that.
Watching everyone plan something only to be foiled by erica is epic... ie.. Vol.4
Spoiler:


Ena has declared to Godou that she will be anything he wants to her to be.
A mistress, a concubine... anything.

So to answer your question.. no... godou never commits.
The girls do, and try to stop erica from taking throne tho, and fail miserably until Ena comes arround.

And no shizuka never finds out so far from what i know.
Yuri's little sister does, and is considered .5 in the 2.5 hime-miko population godou has under control.


If i had to rank harems..
1. Campione.
2. DxD
3. Blade Dance
4. Ryushi
5. SAO

SAO has one of the weakest harems... :\
Its the perfect match.. but weakest harem.

If you like harems, there is no way u cant like campione.
The way Erica handles the harem is unique. The way Erica prostrates herself in front of Godou and everyone else is unique.
The way Erica manipulates the other girls is also epic.

Last edited by aigomorla; 2012-05-17 at 12:37.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 13:15   Link #1143
TJP1600
小桃姑娘
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: 桃树
thanks for the response aigomorla, I agree this is rather a unique harem. I only follow romantic animes/LNs and even when it comes to romance im very picky on what type it is and it has to have a lot of cute moments. I'm not a big fan of harems but the more people in the love ring the more cute moments. A bit cruel kind of cute when it comes to Erica but cute nonetheless, the interaction among the characters(everyone vs erica) is a main part of me reading this. Watching Godou suffer is a bit painful at times but humorous.

I also love the numerous amount of mythological reference. Totally agree in Campione having the #1 harem, although i'm fairly new to anime.
__________________
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 05:22   Link #1144
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Yeah, same here for mythological references. Even though it's quite twisted, Roman mythology has always been one of my favourite subjects at school. When I stumbled upon this novel, I was like "Holy crap it's good".
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 05:52   Link #1145
daku_noroi
★_★
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Philippines
Age: 21
if we base it gods then Godou might be Zeus in Greek mythologies the god who had many wives haha.
daku_noroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 06:53   Link #1146
Kadi
知識の探求者
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Nahh, then Erica would be Hera, which doesn't work... I think V-tan had connections to Heracles. Apparently Heracles married four times and had a few affairs, too... (including some men)


Spoiler for Heracles:

Last edited by Kadi; 2012-05-18 at 07:13.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 20:14   Link #1147
PCheshire
Epitome of Randomness
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Nahh, then Erica would be Hera, which doesn't work... I think V-tan had connections to Heracles. Apparently Heracles married four times and had a few affairs, too... (including some men)


Spoiler for Heracles:
lotsa women and even men?!
YAY~ hope that happens to Campione or not....
wonder if the god with the biggest erect ***** will come out... i hope it does in an extra chapter for a comedy act //shotdead
__________________
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those who resist their fate."
"A man should torture his friends well and make them cry.
"There is no such thing in this world as coincidence, there is but that which is fated to be!"
PCheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 20:51   Link #1148
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
In the Legends, Hercules actually killed his own children with his own hands due to being curse.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 04:32   Link #1149
Azure-Priest
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
In the Legends, Hercules actually killed his own children with his own hands due to being curse.
Actually drugged, hallucinating and mistaking his own wife and children as enemies who were trying to kill him.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 04:54   Link #1150
PCheshire
Epitome of Randomness
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I demand more commonsense-removing curses for Godou!!
It doesn't matter if boys or girls are the one who gives it to him!!
__________________
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those who resist their fate."
"A man should torture his friends well and make them cry.
"There is no such thing in this world as coincidence, there is but that which is fated to be!"
PCheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 08:18   Link #1151
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
In the Legends, Hercules actually killed his own children with his own hands due to being curse.
Caused by Hera, as a matter of fact. I think the latter will appear too.

Btw, Caesar was once consider as a god by Rome. Could he appear in the story?
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 08:33   Link #1152
Valky
Nightwalker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Btw, Caesar was once consider as a god by Rome. Could he appear in the story?
I wonder .. although he was backstabbed even by his best friend, he was still loved by his people .. even his (adoptive) son took a title as "Son of a God" .. it'll be interesting if he shows up though .. I wonder what his authority would be ..
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 11:55   Link #1153
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Caesar was actually a person so it's a little hard. Perhaps a "version" of him will appear. Like with fake lancelot
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 11:57   Link #1154
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Btw, Caesar was once consider as a god by Rome. Could he appear in the story?
actually no.

Caesar, had the nickname God emperor, but he wasnt a true god.
God emperor usually denoted that he was the most powerful emperor to rule Rome.

The demigod caesar ur looking for is Aeneas who is from Virgil's Aeneid.
However he was a Troy and founder of the Roman empire, and this happened b4 rome even appeared.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 16:34   Link #1155
Clue
nMe
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Connecticut College
Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
If i had to rank harems..
1. Campione.
2. DxD
3. Blade Dance
4. Ryushi
5. SAO

SAO has one of the weakest harems... :\
Its the perfect match.. but weakest harem.
I agree in terms of harem Campione is superior to Hs DxD.
I have never read nor heard of Ryushi so i can't comment on that title.
My personal harem preferences,both ln and manga,would be along the lines of

1) Campione!
2) Hs DxD
3) Trinity Seven(If the relationship with the harem is improved it will become a great manga)

Honorable Mentions:Tsuki-Tsuki,Kore wa Zombie desu ka, Girls of the Wild's,Kure-Nai,Sora no
Otoshimono, Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru,Rosario + Vampire,Sekirei,Blade Dance, and IS.
These are the ones i could come up with off the top of my head i might have missed a few.

In my opinion,as a harem, Campione! is superior to DxD because even thought DxD has a
bigger and more definitive harem the MC is not as much of a coward(we all know what i mean)
when it comes to relationships. Within 2 volumes Godou made out with 3 different chicks while Ise
within 2 volumes only kissed Rias once. I know we can factor in that Ise had just met his harem and
he didnt have enough time to develop the relationships,the girls in Hs DxD are nowhere near as aggressive
as the ones in Campione!, and a lot of the making out was due to the circumstances... but that's not what
really matters to me. Making rationalizations to defend the progress is futile since Campione starts off at full
throttle(relationship-wise) and DxD starts off much slower.
For me the deciding factor is the progression of the relationships. Relationship-wise,for now,i prefer
fast paced over slow paced.
In terms of comedy and harem members Hs DxD is superior.
__________________

Last edited by Clue; 2012-05-19 at 16:57.
Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 17:42   Link #1156
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clue View Post
I agree in terms of harem Campione is superior to Hs DxD.
I have never read nor heard of Ryushi so i can't comment on that title.
My personal harem preferences,both ln and manga,would be along the lines of

1) Campione!
2) Hs DxD
3) Trinity Seven(If the relationship with the harem is improved it will become a great manga)

Honorable Mentions:Tsuki-Tsuki,Kore wa Zombie desu ka, Girls of the Wild's,Kure-Nai,Sora no
Otoshimono, Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru,Rosario + Vampire,Sekirei,Blade Dance, and IS.
These are the ones i could come up with off the top of my head i might have missed a few.

In my opinion,as a harem, Campione! is superior to DxD because even thought DxD has a
bigger and more definitive harem the MC is not as much of a coward(we all know what i mean)
when it comes to relationships. Within 2 volumes Godou made out with 3 different chicks while Ise
within 2 volumes only kissed Rias once. I know we can factor in that Ise had just met his harem and
he didnt have enough time to develop the relationships,the girls in Hs DxD are nowhere near as aggressive
as the ones in Campione!, and a lot of the making out was due to the circumstances... but that's not what
really matters to me. Making rationalizations to defend the progress is futile since Campione starts off at full
throttle(relationship-wise) and DxD starts off much slower.
For me the deciding factor is the progression of the relationships. Relationship-wise,for now,i prefer
fast paced over slow paced.
In terms of comedy and harem members Hs DxD is superior.
As far as harems, my personal ranking is
  1. Umi no Misaki
  2. Campione
  3. High School DxD
  4. Blade Dance
  5. Ryushi
  6. Sekirei


The reason Umi no Misaki beats the others for me is because that is the sole focus of the series. And the hero actively pursues the girls (all of them) and has actually done it with at least one of them.

Campione comes next because the harem is fun. The antics, the interactions, Godou desperately fighting to control himself (and failing), it's all hilarious. And the kissing scenes are hot, too.

High School DxD is next because it's my favorite series overall, and the characters are probably the best I've seen. Besides, it's completely and totally dere-dere on both sides of the relationship for all the girls, even the "tsundere", which would put it at number one if not for the stupid trauma from the MC's first gf.

Blade Dance comes next because the MC is a complete S, and trolls the girls mercilessly, without even meaning to.

Ryushi just because I've only read the manga version of the first vol, and I'm already n love with the characters. Normally I'm still scratching my head at that point.

Sekirei should be higher, like #2, but the characters aren't quite as fleshed out as the others. However, the MC has kissed all of his girls, some several times, and has been more or less a True Harem since the first 40 chapters.


EDIT: I just started the Campione page on TvTropes. Please help, it looks terrible right now.
__________________

Last edited by XFire; 2012-05-19 at 18:34.
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 18:34   Link #1157
Clue
nMe
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Connecticut College
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
As far as harems, my personal ranking is
  1. Umi no Misaki
  2. Campione
  3. High School DxD
  4. Blade Dance
  5. Ryushi
  6. Sekirei


The reason Umi no Misaki beats the others for me is because that is the sole focus of the series. And the hero actively pursues the girls (all of them) and has actually done it with at least one of them.

Campione comes next because the harem is fun. The antics, the interactions, Godou desperately fighting to control himself (and failing), it's all hilarious. And the kissing scenes are hot, too.

High School DxD is next because it's my favorite series overall, and the characters are probably the best I've seen. Besides, it's completely and totally dere-dere on both sides of the relationship for all the girls, even the "tsundere", which would put it at number one if not for the stupid trauma from the MC's first gf.

Blade Dance comes next because the MC is a complete S, and trolls the girls mercilessly, without even meaning to.

Ryushi just because I've only read the manga version of the first vol, and I'm already n love with the characters. Normally I'm still scratching my head at that point.

Sekirei should be higher, like #2, but the characters aren't quite as fleshed out as the others. However, the MC has kissed all of his girls, some several times, and has been more or less a True Harem since the first 40 chapters.
i Like Umi no misaki alot but if it doesn't somehow end in and harem setting
where he gets all three of the girls,considering how much development each character had,
i'll be heartbroken because i got so attached to all of the them. So i'm kind of hesitant to
continue reading it...
back on topic

The kissing scenes in campione are extremely hot just like the girls(if only hs dxd had these kind of scenes...).
Also, I'm curious about the Image where Godou is kissing Ena and Yuri...

I really like how in the first two volumes the main heroines are polar opposites
nonetheless they deeply care about Godou.
Erica-Outgoing,manipulative,and frivolous(I picture her as the perfect Lover).
Yuri-Reserved,shy, and strict(I picture her as the perfect Wife).
__________________
Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 18:38   Link #1158
Kadi
知識の探求者
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Be careful, this post will be full of opinions, some of them disguising themselves as facts. Just saying.

I start with a hopefully calm discussion, trying to suggest and evaluate some criteria to judge and compare harems. I use Campione and HSDxD as test cases. Later I start ranting against HSDxD a bit. A bit much. It turns into the main topic, actually. I apologize for that. However, I still think that, while readable and maybe even enjoyable for a while or longer, HSDxD is inferior. Maybe I can even make you understand why I think so. (Hopefully I won't have to in the first place *cough*)

Spoiler for discussion/rant:



Edit: 3 new posts? Even long ones? I shouldn't write so much...
Edit 2: Forgot Umi no Misaki for (1). Shame on me.
Edit 3: YAY for tvtropes page. I'm cheering you on! I won't promise to help for now because I've got other business I need to finish first (like ranting). It's not impossible that I'll make an account there later just to correct some facts though. In a similar vein to what Kira described with "WTF, you came to AS just because of Campione?" (roughly)
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 18:54   Link #1159
Clue
nMe
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Connecticut College
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Be careful, this post will be full of opinions, some of them disguising themselves as facts. Just saying.

I start with a hopefully calm discussion, trying to suggest and evaluate some criteria to judge and compare harems. I use Campione and HSDxD as test cases. Later I start ranting against HSDxD a bit. A bit much. It turns into the main topic, actually. I apologize for that. However, I still think that, while readable and maybe even enjoyable for a while or longer, HSDxD is inferior. Maybe I can even make you understand why I think so. (Hopefully I won't have to in the first place *cough*)

Spoiler for discussion/rant:



Edit: 3 new posts? Even long ones? I shouldn't write so much...
Edit 2: Forgot Umi no Misaki for (1). Shame on me.
I agree with most of this.

Campione, so far, seems more realistic in terms of relationships and the plot ensues a more
logical path. Most of the events that happen follow a certain criterion making it more "grounded"
which, combined with the fantasy aspect of it, works wonders. While Hs DxD seems more like a comedic
fable made for adults, which is awesome and unique at the same time.

Personally i have more "fun" reading Hs DxD but Campione is more appealing and interesting.
__________________
Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 19:16   Link #1160
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: WIGGINS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Be careful, this post will be full of opinions, some of them disguising themselves as facts. Just saying.

I start with a hopefully calm discussion, trying to suggest and evaluate some criteria to judge and compare harems. I use Campione and HSDxD as test cases. Later I start ranting against HSDxD a bit. A bit much. It turns into the main topic, actually. I apologize for that. However, I still think that, while readable and maybe even enjoyable for a while or longer, HSDxD is inferior. Maybe I can even make you understand why I think so. (Hopefully I won't have to in the first place *cough*)

Spoiler for discussion/rant:



Edit: 3 new posts? Even long ones? I shouldn't write so much...
Edit 2: Forgot Umi no Misaki for (1). Shame on me.
Edit 3: YAY for tvtropes page. I'm cheering you on! I won't promise to help for now because I've got other business I need to finish first (like ranting). It's not impossible that I'll make an account there later just to correct some facts though. In a similar vein to what Kira described with "WTF, you came to AS just because of Campione?" (roughly)
Spoiler for response:
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.