AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 17 23.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 18.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 27.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 15.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.39%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.39%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-20, 09:08   Link #61
Haak
F**k my life...

You can only blend in so much whilst wielding a gigantic sword or flying all over the place. In any case I think it's an actual legitimate pose comrades make when they're dealing with a threat. They couldn't be entirely sure the threat was completely dealt with.
Old 2012-01-20, 09:09   Link #62
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
Quite some nice action scenes in this episode, but I just can't imagine anybody, in this case Shu and Ayase, posing after a battle. Its just like they were somehow seeking for attention, aren't they suppose to 'blend in' with the school community?
Can't say much in the defense of post-battle posing (other than, stupid or not, I found it kind of cool), but I'm pretty sure that by that point the whole "blending in" thing was shot. Blending in after a fight like that would be rather impossible, I'd think.
Old 2012-01-20, 09:43   Link #63
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You can only blend in so much whilst wielding a gigantic sword or flying all over the place. In any case I think it's an actual legitimate pose comrades make when they're dealing with a threat. They couldn't be entirely sure the threat was completely dealt with.
Yes i do see your point and agree to it. But for the poses, isn't it better if they run for cover or higher ground? At least it helps them to fully comprehend the situation and decide on how to face the problem. Standing in the middle of the chaos somehow makes them an even more vulnerable target compared to moving about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Blending in after a fight like that would be rather impossible, I'd think.
Well it seemed that the other people in the school were watching it from some distance away, perhaps there is a tiny chance of it working out? Rather optimistic personal opinion here.
Old 2012-01-20, 09:47   Link #64
Haak
F**k my life...

*shrugs* Can't say if that's better or worse because...well...it's not like I'm an expert on how to fight with gigantic swords...

But the pose it generally known as a practical combat thing and that's what they were going for I think.
Old 2012-01-20, 09:53   Link #65
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

I'll be surprised if anyone here does .

Maybe its just in the heat of the moment with all the adrenaline pumping through, all sense of tactics are blown away.
But who cares, they should have even more epic poses, it helps by being my screen's wallpaper.
Old 2012-01-20, 11:04   Link #66
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
Quite some nice action scenes in this episode, but I just can't imagine anybody, in this case Shu and Ayase, posing after a battle. Its just like they were somehow seeking for attention, aren't they suppose to 'blend in' with the school community?
I'm honestly glad that the anime didn't try to seriously insult our intelligence by trying to have us believe that Shu and Ayase could pull off explosive attacks like that without attracting the attention of a large number of students. And during a crowded festival no less!

That would be asking a bit much, suspension of disbelief-wise, even by Guilty Crown's standards.

Honestly, this particular bit of writing was better than I had expected. Now I just hope that it's not conveniently forgot about in an episode or two, and that the student body starts to treat Shu and Ayase a bit differently since they know that they're action-heroes.
Old 2012-01-20, 11:08   Link #67
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm honestly glad that the anime didn't try to seriously insult our intelligence by trying to have us believe that Shu and Ayase could pull off explosive attacks like that without attracting the attention of a large number of students. And during a crowded festival no less!

That would be asking a bit much, suspension of disbelief-wise, even by Guilty Crown's standards.

Honestly, this particular bit of writing was better than I had expected. Now I just hope that it's not conveniently forgot about in an episode or two, and that the student body starts to treat Shu and Ayase a bit differently since they know that they're action-heroes.
That's what I hope to.
Any way I love the new op and Ed
Old 2012-01-20, 12:02   Link #68
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Woah, this showstory is built on conveniences.

Shu can draw voids like nothing, and everyone goes, "woah that's my void? cool." How convenient. I bet all he needs to do is train everyone to use their own void and form an army of void users. And be the catalyst and say, "march forth, my troops!"

Ayase getting new legs from her void! To top it off, she is so acrobatic. Instant proficiency slots maxed! How convenient.

What else? Man, I lost track.

But, despite my cynicism on the plot development, I admit I still enjoy watching this every week for some reason......
Old 2012-01-20, 12:18   Link #69
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Woah, this showstory is built on conveniences.

Shu can draw voids like nothing, and everyone goes, "woah that's my void? cool." How convenient. I bet all he needs to do is train everyone to use their own void and form an army of void users. And be the catalyst and say, "march forth, my troops!"

Ayase getting new legs from her void! To top it off, she is so acrobatic. Instant proficiency slots maxed! How convenient.

What else? Man, I lost track.

But, despite my cynicism on the plot development, I admit I still enjoy watching this every week for some reason......
Agreed on all points, it's like my mature and immature mindsets wage war whenever I watch this show.

Mature: This show is surprisingly crude, story-wise, should I suspend all belief in logic when I watch this?
Immature: Did u c tha sordz?! This show is tha best!
Old 2012-01-20, 13:54   Link #70
ookamigirl

First stuck in school and now even doing a cultural festival.
Those kids sure are motivated to move on from the past events.
Well, it was nice watching them have some normal fun, but of course that didn't last..
Pretty awesome fight.

Old 2012-01-20, 14:44   Link #71
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Because of the tranwreck entertainment factor. Plus, the fights are always nice.

That said, the 180 on Ayase's character when she got the void was abrupt. And I still don't get why Shu doesn't just heal her with Hare's magic tapes. Oh wait, was I criticising plot holes in this show? Sorry, my bad.

Edit: I was pretty damn sure Keido died, so how's he president now? Man, trust character who die offscreen to come back alive. I'm now fully expecting Gai to make one return before the show ends.
Old 2012-01-20, 16:11   Link #72
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

btw I'm putting my bets on Keido being Grave Keeper, who knows what kind of voids that kid has access to.
Old 2012-01-20, 17:31   Link #73
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
...why can't Shu destroy the wall with his voids (they allow him to defy physics, apparently, so why not?), and so on and so forth....
Dude, we are in a cool down period. Of course a person marked as a terrorist before shouldn't make any noise at this time, like using some weird weapon that was seen during the chaos 2 weeks prior to take down a wall.
Old 2012-01-20, 17:40   Link #74
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Agreed on all points, it's like my mature and immature mindsets wage war whenever I watch this show.

Mature: This show is surprisingly crude, story-wise, should I suspend all belief in logic when I watch this?
This is EXACTLY what goes on in my mind when I watch Guilty Crown. But I've made it all the way up to episode 13, so I guess that means the immature side is taking precedence.
Old 2012-01-20, 17:42   Link #75
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

ep13..

New OP/ED. Sounds like the guest singers have switched roles. I'm loving the OP, especially. More than the original.

Tsugumi was hnnng, Ayase became more badass than ever, and Shu is..getting there rofl.
Old 2012-01-20, 17:45   Link #76
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post

So you're saying that those who like the show are immature? Rather than targeting the fans, why don't you just justify your opinions on why you don't like the show? That's a more mature move right?
Old 2012-01-20, 18:12   Link #77
Jarmel

That OP was hot however this show story-wise really is garbage.
Old 2012-01-20, 18:27   Link #78
Haak
F**k my life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
So you're saying that those who like the show are immature? Rather than targeting the fans, why don't you just justify your opinions on why you don't like the show? That's a more mature move right?
I don't think he was targetting the fans. He was simply stating his own feelings.
Old 2012-01-20, 21:24   Link #79
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Dude, we are in a cool down period. Of course a person marked as a terrorist before shouldn't make any noise at this time, like using some weird weapon that was seen during the chaos 2 weeks prior to take down a wall.
Right, because the alternative is so much better. Honestly though, I'm aware of what could happen. However, the bad guys are so incompetent that I doubt they could stop Shu if he wanted to do that (No, I do not think that the virus outbreak they caused in Episode 10 is a plus for them. It was extremely stupid and barely anybody competent was involved in it).

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-01-20, 22:21   Link #80
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Right, because the alternative is so much better. Honestly though, I'm aware of what could happen. However, the bad guys are so incompetent that I doubt they could stop Shu if he wanted to do that (No, I do not think that the virus outbreak they caused in Episode 10 is a plus for them. It was extremely stupid and barely anybody competent was involved in it).

Why did you find that extremely stupid? It stood a decent chance of clearing the field of their most problematic enemies (the Undertakers), and the Anti-Bodies were effectively inoculated against it.

We also have yet to see any fallout from that virus outbreak that has been to the clear detriment of the people behind it. In fact, the head guy behind it seems to have gained significant power from the move, given the cliffhanger for this episode.

So I felt that when it came to establishing some degree of competency, Episode 10 was a plus for the main antagonists of this anime.