AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 17 23.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 18.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 27.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 15.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.39%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.39%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-20, 09:08   Link #61
Haak
F**k my life...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
You can only blend in so much whilst wielding a gigantic sword or flying all over the place. In any case I think it's an actual legitimate pose comrades make when they're dealing with a threat. They couldn't be entirely sure the threat was completely dealt with.
__________________
MyAnimeList
Avatar - Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Signature - Gundam Reconguista in G
Haak is offline  
Old 2012-01-20, 09:09   Link #62
Akashin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
Quite some nice action scenes in this episode, but I just can't imagine anybody, in this case Shu and Ayase, posing after a battle. Its just like they were somehow seeking for attention, aren't they suppose to 'blend in' with the school community?
Can't say much in the defense of post-battle posing (other than, stupid or not, I found it kind of cool), but I'm pretty sure that by that point the whole "blending in" thing was shot. Blending in after a fight like that would be rather impossible, I'd think.
Akashin is online now  
Old 2012-01-20, 09:43   Link #63
KyriaL
You are Reading this!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In the study room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You can only blend in so much whilst wielding a gigantic sword or flying all over the place. In any case I think it's an actual legitimate pose comrades make when they're dealing with a threat. They couldn't be entirely sure the threat was completely dealt with.
Yes i do see your point and agree to it. But for the poses, isn't it better if they run for cover or higher ground? At least it helps them to fully comprehend the situation and decide on how to face the problem. Standing in the middle of the chaos somehow makes them an even more vulnerable target compared to moving about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Blending in after a fight like that would be rather impossible, I'd think.
Well it seemed that the other people in the school were watching it from some distance away, perhaps there is a tiny chance of it working out? Rather optimistic personal opinion here.
KyriaL is offline  
Old 2012-01-20, 09:47   Link #64
Haak
F**k my life...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
*shrugs* Can't say if that's better or worse because...well...it's not like I'm an expert on how to fight with gigantic swords...

But the pose it generally known as a practical combat thing and that's what they were going for I think.
__________________
MyAnimeList
Avatar - Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Signature - Gundam Reconguista in G
Haak is offline  
Old 2012-01-20, 09:53   Link #65
KyriaL
You are Reading this!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In the study room
I'll be surprised if anyone here does .

Maybe its just in the heat of the moment with all the adrenaline pumping through, all sense of tactics are blown away.
But who cares, they should have even more epic poses, it helps by being my screen's wallpaper.
KyriaL is offline  
Old 2012-01-20, 11:04   Link #66
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
Quite some nice action scenes in this episode, but I just can't imagine anybody, in this case Shu and Ayase, posing after a battle. Its just like they were somehow seeking for attention, aren't they suppose to 'blend in' with the school community?
I'm honestly glad that the anime didn't try to seriously insult our intelligence by trying to have us believe that Shu and Ayase could pull off explosive attacks like that without attracting the attention of a large number of students. And during a crowded festival no less!

That would be asking a bit much, suspension of disbelief-wise, even by Guilty Crown's standards.

Honestly, this particular bit of writing was better than I had expected. Now I just hope that it's not conveniently forgot about in an episode or two, and that the student body starts to treat Shu and Ayase a bit differently since they know that they're action-heroes.
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2012-01-20, 11:08   Link #67
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm honestly glad that the anime didn't try to seriously insult our intelligence by trying to have us believe that Shu and Ayase could pull off explosive attacks like that without attracting the attention of a large number of students. And during a crowded festival no less!

That would be asking a bit much, suspension of disbelief-wise, even by Guilty Crown's standards.

Honestly, this particular bit of writing was better than I had expected. Now I just hope that it's not conveniently forgot about in an episode or two, and that the student body starts to treat Shu and Ayase a bit differently since they know that they're action-heroes.
That's what I hope to.
Any way I love the new op and Ed
Soji is offline  
Old 2012-01-20, 12:02   Link #68
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Woah, this showstory is built on conveniences.

Shu can draw voids like nothing, and everyone goes, "woah that's my void? cool." How convenient. I bet all he needs to do is train everyone to use their own void and form an army of void users. And be the catalyst and say, "march forth, my troops!"

Ayase getting new legs from her void! To top it off, she is so acrobatic. Instant proficiency slots maxed! How convenient.

What else? Man, I lost track.

But, despite my cynicism on the plot development, I admit I still enjoy watching this every week for some reason......
__________________
larethian is offline  
Old 2012-01-20, 12:18   Link #69
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Woah, this showstory is built on conveniences.

Shu can draw voids like nothing, and everyone goes, "woah that's my void? cool." How convenient. I bet all he needs to do is train everyone to use their own void and form an army of void users. And be the catalyst and say, "march forth, my troops!"

Ayase getting new legs from her void! To top it off, she is so acrobatic. Instant proficiency slots maxed! How convenient.

What else? Man, I lost track.

But, despite my cynicism on the plot development, I admit I still enjoy watching this every week for some reason......
Agreed on all points, it's like my mature and immature mindsets wage war whenever I watch this show.

Mature: This show is surprisingly crude, story-wise, should I suspend all belief in logic when I watch this?
Immature: Did u c tha sordz?! This show is tha best!
__________________
They say you don't grow up
You just grow old,
It's safe to say I haven't done both.
ttdestroy is offline  
Old 2012-01-20, 13:54   Link #70
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
First stuck in school and now even doing a cultural festival.
Those kids sure are motivated to move on from the past events.
Well, it was nice watching them have some normal fun, but of course that didn't last..
Pretty awesome fight.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline  
Old 2012-01-20, 14:44   Link #71
com_gwp
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
But, despite my cynicism on the plot development, I admit I still enjoy watching this every week for some reason......
Because of the tranwreck entertainment factor. Plus, the fights are always nice.

That said, the 180 on Ayase's character when she got the void was abrupt. And I still don't get why Shu doesn't just heal her with Hare's magic tapes. Oh wait, was I criticising plot holes in this show? Sorry, my bad.

Edit: I was pretty damn sure Keido died, so how's he president now? Man, trust character who die offscreen to come back alive. I'm now fully expecting Gai to make one return before the show ends.
com_gwp is offline  
Old 2012-01-20, 16:11   Link #72
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Age: 26
btw I'm putting my bets on Keido being Grave Keeper, who knows what kind of voids that kid has access to.
__________________
They say you don't grow up
You just grow old,
It's safe to say I haven't done both.
ttdestroy is offline  
Old 2012-01-20, 17:31   Link #73
djmaca
My Girl ↓
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Update: Ortigas, Pasig, Phillippines
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
...why can't Shu destroy the wall with his voids (they allow him to defy physics, apparently, so why not?), and so on and so forth....
Dude, we are in a cool down period. Of course a person marked as a terrorist before shouldn't make any noise at this time, like using some weird weapon that was seen during the chaos 2 weeks prior to take down a wall.
djmaca is offline  
Old 2012-01-20, 17:40   Link #74
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a cruel yet beautiful world
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Agreed on all points, it's like my mature and immature mindsets wage war whenever I watch this show.

Mature: This show is surprisingly crude, story-wise, should I suspend all belief in logic when I watch this?
Immature: Did u c tha sordz?! This show is tha best!
This is EXACTLY what goes on in my mind when I watch Guilty Crown. But I've made it all the way up to episode 13, so I guess that means the immature side is taking precedence.
__________________
Kismet-chan is offline  
Old 2012-01-20, 17:42   Link #75
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
ep13..

New OP/ED. Sounds like the guest singers have switched roles. I'm loving the OP, especially. More than the original.

Tsugumi was hnnng, Ayase became more badass than ever, and Shu is..getting there rofl.
__________________
blakstealth is offline  
Old 2012-01-20, 17:45   Link #76
djmaca
My Girl ↓
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Update: Ortigas, Pasig, Phillippines
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Agreed on all points, it's like my mature and immature mindsets wage war whenever I watch this show.

Mature: This show is surprisingly crude, story-wise, should I suspend all belief in logic when I watch this?
Immature: Did u c tha sordz?! This show is tha best!
So you're saying that those who like the show are immature? Rather than targeting the fans, why don't you just justify your opinions on why you don't like the show? That's a more mature move right?
djmaca is offline  
Old 2012-01-20, 18:12   Link #77
Jarmel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
That OP was hot however this show story-wise really is garbage.
Jarmel is offline  
Old 2012-01-20, 18:27   Link #78
Haak
F**k my life...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
So you're saying that those who like the show are immature? Rather than targeting the fans, why don't you just justify your opinions on why you don't like the show? That's a more mature move right?
I don't think he was targetting the fans. He was simply stating his own feelings.
__________________
MyAnimeList
Avatar - Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Signature - Gundam Reconguista in G
Haak is offline  
Old 2012-01-20, 21:24   Link #79
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Earth...hopefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Dude, we are in a cool down period. Of course a person marked as a terrorist before shouldn't make any noise at this time, like using some weird weapon that was seen during the chaos 2 weeks prior to take down a wall.
Right, because the alternative is so much better. Honestly though, I'm aware of what could happen. However, the bad guys are so incompetent that I doubt they could stop Shu if he wanted to do that (No, I do not think that the virus outbreak they caused in Episode 10 is a plus for them. It was extremely stupid and barely anybody competent was involved in it).
__________________

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline  
Old 2012-01-20, 22:21   Link #80
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Right, because the alternative is so much better. Honestly though, I'm aware of what could happen. However, the bad guys are so incompetent that I doubt they could stop Shu if he wanted to do that (No, I do not think that the virus outbreak they caused in Episode 10 is a plus for them. It was extremely stupid and barely anybody competent was involved in it).


Why did you find that extremely stupid? It stood a decent chance of clearing the field of their most problematic enemies (the Undertakers), and the Anti-Bodies were effectively inoculated against it.

We also have yet to see any fallout from that virus outbreak that has been to the clear detriment of the people behind it. In fact, the head guy behind it seems to have gained significant power from the move, given the cliffhanger for this episode.


So I felt that when it came to establishing some degree of competency, Episode 10 was a plus for the main antagonists of this anime.
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.