AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-08, 19:40   Link #21
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
I've seen this title pop up several times allready. What exactly is it about? And is it worth checking out, just a question ...
it's quite interesting, almost everything about the show is "different" from the average (even though some of the episode mini-plots may be cliche, the way the characters deal with their problems have a touch of originality...Sora, Fool, and Sarah are absolute riots )
the animation is top notch, the moves they perform are super detailed (even though they use similar frames for certain techniques, when Sora performs the Golden Phoenix, for instance, the perspectives and such are the same as when Layla performs it)
overall, it's a must see
Old 2004-07-09, 01:44   Link #22
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

ロゼッタたん (*´Д` )ハァハァ

No, really....Rosetta is the greatest Kaleidostar....if you know what I mean.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 07:54   Link #23
Suikun

I watched the first episode on a Newtype DVD and was amazed - I'd love to start collecting it on DVD, but at the moment I've got to make sure I've got enough money set aside to keep up with Gravitation's releases; I want to make sure I can get each disc with the backstage pass that RightStuf is giving out. So, for the meantime, that means no Kaleido Star.
Suikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 07:58   Link #24
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
ロゼッタたん (*´Д` )ハァハァ

No, really....Rosetta is the greatest Kaleidostar....if you know what I mean.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-09, 23:21   Link #25
Y fa fret
I'm cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
they go to France, where Cirque de Sole originated

WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT??

Gah! Argh..rah..I'm...dying...

1: The french are lame, and must die.

2: The COUNTRY of Quebec is located inside Canada. It is officialy a province, but Canada sucks, and I say Quebec is a country.

3: Quebecers speak french, and they own the french - who are a bunch of wimps.

4: As a mather of fact, Quebecers own every other society. We have the strongest men (Louis Cyr) The prettiest girls, the smartest scientists, etc etc.

5: Quebec also has the CIRQUE DU SOLEIL, the largest, greatest and most famous circus in the world.

That's right. The french wimps have nothing to do with the Cirque du Soleil, witch originates from the Great Country of Quebec. As a matter of fact, today(july 11th) at 21h -5 CMT, The Cirque du Soleil will be joining the world's largest Jazz festival, Le festival du Jazz de Montreal, in a large and completely free show in the streets of Montreal - if you can get there, go. Otherwise, watch it on Canada's national TV.

If anyone wants to see the REAL version of the Kaleido Stage, they'l be in Dallas and Washington amonsth others this summer. www.cirquedusoleil.com <-- Official site.

Back to Kaleido Star... If you want to watch that show, you NEED to get it on DVD. This show's visuals are an important part of it and no mather the quality of the fansub, it's equal to a pile of poo compared to the DVDs. ADV also realeases it with an acceptable 5~4 episodes per disc, but with no extras worth mentioning. GET THE DVDs.

Well dear, today the temperature is hot and humid, while less then a week ago, it was under 0. The roads are craking like mad. I can see my taxmoney already filling the holes.
Y fa fret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 00:44   Link #26
ChoBaka
Semi-retired Translator

First time I've seen a Quebec separatist on a forum before.

LOL!
ChoBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 00:48   Link #27
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y fa fret
...Quebec...

:P
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 01:32   Link #28
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Back to Kaleido Star... If you want to watch that show, you NEED to get it on DVD. This show's visuals are an important part of it and no mather the quality of the fansub, it's equal to a pile of poo compared to the DVDs. ADV also realeases it with an acceptable 5~4 episodes per disc, but with no extras worth mentioning. GET THE DVDs.
You don't want to know how much I am spending for release over here in Japan...and I've already pre-ordered my copy of the last "Yatteyarenai Kotowanai" (aka Rosetta-tan) Box....

I can't wait for the Ep. 52 special OVA due out next month...
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 01:49   Link #29
Leo_Otaku
俺たち は リトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I love this anime. My favorite song is the 3rd opening it is so kick ass. I really love the outfits theyhave...so beautiful

BTW canada RULES Qubec SUCKS
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 01:49   Link #30
Leo_Otaku
俺たち は リトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
You don't want to know how much I am spending for release over here in Japan...and I've already pre-ordered my copy of the last "Yatteyarenai Kotowanai" (aka Rosetta-tan) Box....

I can't wait for the Ep. 52 special OVA due out next month...

LOL 200 dollars or more
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 02:37   Link #31
Kyuven

Quote:
WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT??

Gah! Argh..rah..I'm...dying...

1: The french are lame, and must die.

2: The COUNTRY of Quebec is located inside Canada. It is officialy a province, but Canada sucks, and I say Quebec is a country.

3: Quebecers speak french, and they own the french - who are a bunch of wimps.

4: As a mather of fact, Quebecers own every other society. We have the strongest men (Louis Cyr) The prettiest girls, the smartest scientists, etc etc.

5: Quebec also has the CIRQUE DU SOLEIL, the largest, greatest and most famous circus in the world.

That's right. The french wimps have nothing to do with the Cirque du Soleil, witch originates from the Great Country of Quebec. As a matter of fact, today(july 11th) at 21h -5 CMT, The Cirque du Soleil will be joining the world's largest Jazz festival, Le festival du Jazz de Montreal, in a large and completely free show in the streets of Montreal - if you can get there, go. Otherwise, watch it on Canada's national TV.

If anyone wants to see the REAL version of the Kaleido Stage, they'l be in Dallas and Washington amonsth others this summer. www.cirquedusoleil.com <-- Official site.

french...french canadians...they all speak french (wasn't Quebec a province of Canada?) and put french words on things...
point is, in Kaleido Star, they go to France.
there happen to be a lot of acrobats (and mimes) in france
Old 2004-07-10, 10:38   Link #32
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I've seen the first volume, it's great. Loved episode 2, and the opening is pretty good. But I don't like how they changed Fool's "why don't you take a bath together" into "why don't you go fly a kite?"...lame lol.

AniBUROGU// Loveless Animation vs. Manga Comparison
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 10:44   Link #33
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Kyuven: It is a province, but they wanted to seperate from Canada and possibly become their own country, maybe that's what Ya fra fret is reffering to?

AniBUROGU// Loveless Animation vs. Manga Comparison
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 15:10   Link #34
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

OOh...I really like this series very much...although I've seen many places call it 'mahou shoujo', it's more of a variation of it, such as Utena: Fool is the mascot, Sora not only has the power to talk to him but has a very...um...acrobatic ability. Okay....you can read most of what I said at http://www.themanime.org/viewreview.php?id=688 . Oh yes, something they didn't say is that Sora has many frilly outfits....When's the OVA coming out?
Old 2004-10-27, 00:33   Link #35
Guido

Kaleido Star finally reaches Mexico

For those LatinAmericans and Spanish-speakers who happen to be members of AnimeSuki, I'm delighted to announce you all that Kaleido Star will begin broadcast in México.

Cartoon Network of LatinAmerica as of next Monday will air Kaleido Star weekdays, 04:00 p.m. (USA Central Time Zone)
Likely, for the rest of LatinAmerica will also be the same.

Since a time ago, I always hoped that Kaleido Star will ended airing in my country, and after seeing the promo in LA Cartoon Network, my wish became true.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 03:21   Link #36
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Send a message via AIM to SmartChick
The new OVA was just released anybody watch it yet?
Spoiler:
SmartChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 01:25   Link #37
Guido

Will there be another future release of Kaleido Star?

Seen the Legend of Phoenix OVA. Tale of Layla encountering again her original self.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 13:12   Link #38
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
There's one more announced OVA, so depending on what it contains, yes or no.

We all know by now that Rossetta is the true "star." And there's a lot of mystery regarding Fool's past. But obviously things haven't played out fully yet. If they manage to somehow defy the laws of space and time and resolve everything in a single OVA, then we won't see another season.

Otherwise, there's a possibility, although it depends more on demand and sales than it does on an actual need to continue the plot.
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 02:21   Link #39
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Any romance concept incorporated into this anime?
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 03:00   Link #40
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
There's one more announced OVA, so depending on what it contains, yes or no.
I've never heard of any other OVA being announced. Source?

The only other thing I can think of is the mahou shoujo joke spread in NewType.