AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-25, 21:37   Link #61
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

The second season gets off to a rocky start. There are a couple of new characters introduced who are really annoying, and Sora isn't quite sure of what she wants to do with herself. But if you can stick with it, I thought the second season ended even better than the first one did.
BBOvenGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 17:58   Link #62
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo Send a message via Skype™ to Jinsoo
Ah. I love Kaleido Star. I just started watching it and it's pretty good to say the least.

Anna and Rosetta pwn ;o

I like watching a Kaleido Star with my shoujo ai goggles on 8D
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 19:31   Link #63
NezoR

Well, I'm new to Kaleido Star (just watched episode 1) and I must say, I'm highly impressed. I hope it gets better and doesn't go downhill like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
NezoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 15:41   Link #64
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo Send a message via Skype™ to Jinsoo
Ah. Finally finished this series! So here are my final thoughts...

If you ever have ANY interest at all, I highly recommend this anime. After watching this series, I guess you can say that I'm...enlightened ^^; Either that, I was just too into this series. But seriously, Kaleido Star is one of the best series in its genre and now has a special place in my heart xp It's a very inspirational anime so if you're ever down in the dumps like I was, give this a shot instead of popping pills or something o.O;

I like the character development here. In the beginning, I hated a lot of the characters, but after awhile, I came to love them ^^; Sora's personality and determination is very admirable. After watching her, I feel like I need to change myself in some way ^^;

The 1st season was awesome. It made me cry at the end XD The 2nd season got off to a rocky start, but it started getting better after a couple of episodes. There are more filler eps in the 2nd season too. But at least Sora learns something so that she can over come her problems in those filler eps :3

I love the performances. They're all so bright and pretty ~(*o*)~ But they might put ya in a seizure with all that lol Either way, everytime Sora performs, I always get chills wondering if she'll be alright or if she'll totally miss up DX

Ah~ will Ken ever actually confess to Sora? We'll never know ;D
Old 2006-06-11, 18:37   Link #65
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsoo
Ah~ will Ken ever actually confess to Sora? We'll never know ;D
Have you watched Legend of phoenix yet?
Old 2006-06-12, 18:12   Link #66
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator
Have you watched Legend of phoenix yet?
Yeah I have. Did he really? I watched it 2 weeks ago and I forgot x_X;
Old 2006-06-13, 00:45   Link #67
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I don't think he did, but that was because I was too into watching the gorgeous animation of the lesbian tendencies between Sora and Layla Hamilton.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 09:46   Link #68
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Well... the last few lines in Legend of phoenix are probably the closest we're going to get, knowing him. =p
Old 2006-07-10, 13:52   Link #69
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

It looks like we'll be getting the K* parody OVA after all (source: official home page). Having just finished the series and the OVAs, I'm looking forward to it. I'm not so thrilled about the fact that the characters will be 3D CG, but since they're chibis, I suppose it doesn't matter quite as much. Let's hope they manage to pack a lot of funny moments into those 60 minutes. And let's hope that there will be even more K* to follow!
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 14:14   Link #70
CLAMPshinobi

Send a message via AIM to CLAMPshinobi Send a message via Yahoo to CLAMPshinobi
I watch it. on demand with comcast i saw like 8 ep. Does anyone watch Kodacha?
CLAMPshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 20:53   Link #71
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLAMPshinobi
I watch it. on demand with comcast i saw like 8 ep. Does anyone watch Kodacha?
Didn't see it, but I do watch Kodacha and LOVE that series. Even purchased a few DVD's.

I would place Kaleido Star above Kodacha only because you can't get enough of that Sora I love her spirit.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 21:15   Link #72
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
I don't think he did, but that was because I was too into watching the gorgeous animation of the lesbian tendencies between Sora and Rosetta.
Fixed
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 10:44   Link #73
Guido
The Reaper Owl

Wink SD Kaleido Star first images

The very first images for the SD Kaleido Star OVA have been posted in EG Game News Site

According to MOON PHASE, the OVA will feature full 3D CGI animation presenting the characters in SD form.

It is scheduled for release on September 27th.

Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 20:05   Link #74
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Thanks for the link! So far, the CG is looking surprisingly good.

But I still want another season... ;_;
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 19:40   Link #75
Ansa

Looks great but just makes me think that theres no chance they'll do something serious such as ken confessing... I loved this series to death but thats the one thing I wish they would have finished, Ken confessing! Heck that would have been a great cliffhanger at the end of Layla's OVA...

Sep. 27th is TO FAR AWAY!!!
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 23:39   Link #76
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa
Looks great but just makes me think that theres no chance they'll do something serious such as ken confessing... I loved this series to death but thats the one thing I wish they would have finished, Ken confessing! Heck that would have been a great cliffhanger at the end of Layla's OVA...

Sep. 27th is TO FAR AWAY!!!
Er, Ken does confess- Several times in fact. Unfortunately, Sora is a little too dense to notice
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 16:46   Link #77
Ansa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Er, Ken does confess- Several times in fact. Unfortunately, Sora is a little too dense to notice
All the times he does it, it's just made to be easily ignored, if Ken seriously did it without interuptions and explained to Sora what he meant, is what I want XD
Old 2006-08-06, 17:58   Link #78
guess

Is all Kaleiso star OVA available? Are they even licensed? I know that ADV has released season one and season two ongoing. But I have not seen any dvd of the OAVs. What is going on here?

btw, Ken has to tell Sora how he feels directly or Sora will always thinks of him as a friend.

Last edited by guest; 2006-08-07 at 00:16.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 00:08   Link #79
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

So far, there are two OVAs released, with a third on the way this summer. We know that ADV has licensed one of them (episode 52), but we're not sure about the remaining two.
Old 2006-11-10, 21:59   Link #80
Ansa

Whatever happened to that new OVA was it released and I missed ever seeing it or was it pushed back?