AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-02-22, 14:38   Link #21
7Th
Mixtape

It's not based on "popularity" or "sales revenue", you see; it's based on whatever the illogical judge wants to choose. How would you explain Eureka 7, Mushishi, Gankutsuou or Dennou Coil winning in the past in terms of "revenue" or "popularity"?
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 15:11   Link #22
Irkalla
I asked for this

GO TO DMC!!!

I can't believe dmc got the best OVA, well not to misunderstand, I totally loved it but never thought it would win anything else than 4chan glory. So it's totally a shocker, and I'm really happy for them. Other than that, Miyazaki deserves it the best. I absolutely adore his movies, despite them being targeted mostly for kids
Old 2009-02-22, 15:49   Link #23
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
GO TO DMC!!!

I can't believe dmc got the best OVA, well not to misunderstand, I totally loved it but never thought it would win anything else than 4chan glory. So it's totally a shocker, and I'm really happy for them. Other than that, Miyazaki deserves it the best. I absolutely adore his movies, despite them being targeted mostly for kids
According to wikipedia, the DMC manga sold over 2 million books with six volumes released - that suggests to me that it's a fairly well known franchise. Given the competition I think I'd be more surprised if it didn't win.

(Side note: DMC is one of those anime that really benefits from being watched in an anime club setting. Try it if you ever get the chance.)
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 16:00   Link #24
-Kh-
ポルカ

Awesome that Jun Fukuyama got the VA award. But was that the only one? There was no female award, or were they all competing in the same category?
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 16:39   Link #25
Amray

It is no suprise to me at all that Miyazaki recieved so many awards for his most recent work. With regards to that though I have a personal award for that particular production;

Best Theme Song
Ponyo on the Cliff By the Sea

(Please note that that is an unofficial award from me. It is a beaty and cute song, is my exuse.)
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 07:52   Link #26
tokyoanimefair2009

Tokyo anime fair 2009

There are 200 pictures in Tokyo Anime fair 2009.
Please check and leave your comments.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36657531@N06/

Thank you
tokyoanimefair2009 is offline   Reply With Quote