AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-26, 06:17   Link #81
yakumo-chan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Behind You!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
Wonder how Sasuke will react when he finds out Tobi is not Madara and that Madara is now kicking Kage ass?

He may turn on him just like he did with Orochimaru....
just a hinch...

At this point of time, I think Sasuke already knows, and he is going to betray Tobi like what he did with Orochimaru.. I think Sasuke is the one who will kill Tobi
__________________
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 07:01   Link #82
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
I'm betting on Sasuke meeting up w/ Itachi while Itachi is fighting w/ Kabuto. Than in his dying moments Kabuto will go
'Haha , since i'm dying , might as well tell you! You stupid prick! Tobi isn't even Madara! He is actually ------! You got trolled!'

Than Sasuke will have his talk with Itachi. And by this time Naruto would have killed Tobi and finding out his true identity, attempt to talk to Sasuke once again. And than the final confrontation between Sasuke & Naruto in the after math of the War.
__________________
When you hate others you hate yourself. When you forgive them you too are saved. - Asakura Keiko
xKeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 08:46   Link #83
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollian View Post
yeap, Kurama is really the strongest of all the 9 bijuus but you know when bijuus are with jinchuriki host's? they are suppose to be stronger than being alone so Hachibi+Killer Bee might be a challenge to Naruto+Kurama because you know they have more experience fighting together than Naruto+Kurama. notice thats the first thing Kurama said to Naruto, that we need to take it easy because they are both new at this. what I loved is Kurama seems to be enjoying it as much as Naruto is.
if there's one thing Kurama loves its fighting and creating havoc!.. now he has a license to kill, his going to enjoy every minute of it.
but like the others I believe he'll get even stronger once his Sage Clone bonds with his Ruukido mode. if that ever works.
Yeaha..his powers are just awesome...and because this is the first synchronization, maybe Naruto power can grow up...however..i liked too much this version..i think that only Kurama is like this because maybe is the seal that changed..and because Kurama is like a pure concentration of energy...i want more interaction between themmjust like Killer Bee and the Hachibi..




Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I just remembered Orochimaru talking about Sasuke: he said that Sasuke has even more potential than Itachi. And recently we learned not only that Kabuto and Orochimaru have experimented with combining the 1st hokage's cells and sharingan eyes (using Danzou as test subject) but also that their knowledge about the biology of the Narutoverse is so good that without reading the secret tablet written by the sage of 6 paths they have predicted that sharingan can turn into rinnegan somehow. We also learned that Kabuto also wants Sasuke's body, it seems that Sasuke's body is so special that Kabuto needs it to achieve some ultimate goal which was probably set by Orochimaru (regardless of whether Kishimoto invented this whole thing before Orochimaru was killed or just now, since in both cases it works as a story). If this is so then maybe Kabuto will become some kind of Dr.Gero from DBZ in this world: the one who creates someone/somthing like Cell was there, he achieves his ultimate goal just to be killed by it/him. Here i assume that Kabuto is not the ultimate enemy type guy who will fight a boss fight against Naruto, but the "evil and mad genius scientist" type who creates the final enemy or upgrades someone (Tobi or Edo-Madara or their combination maybe?) to be the final enemy. And also i assume that the author will not drop the idea that Orochimaru's and Kabuto's final goal will be achieved somehow and it will drive the story forward.
So for example Orochimaru back then after fighting Sasuke in the forest of death had taken some blood sample and had sequenced Sasuke's DNA to discover that his DNA contained some part that indicated the possibility that he can unlock the rinnegan eyes ( as we know even teenagers like Sakura can sequence DNA in the Narutoverse, while in the middle of a war zone ). I don't think that Kabuto's creation will be a modified Sasuke, because Sasuke has to be rescued by Naruto before Kabuto would have a chance of messing up his body and make of him a monster as he did with his own body. But Kabuto has so many DNA samples now, from all the legendary ninja, imagine a creature built that has all the abilities of the past kages and the rinnegan and the sharingan and who knows what else, that would be some crazy shit

I like your analysis..there are many things in this manga that have yet to be discovered..like you said...Rep+!
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 10:24   Link #84
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
After Orochimaru's 'death', Kishimoto just started a second story, with a minimal amount of connections, resulting in a lack of coherence by the way. It was that second storyline that introduced Tobi and Madara. There was no build up whatsoever in that direction during first 200 chapters. The way the story is right now, it may have been built up rather well from the beginning of Shippuden, but not from the beginning of the series.
after orochimaru's death everything culminated in sasuke facing itachi which was laid out from the very beginning, even before we met orochimaru in the first place.

Quote:
Also, I didn't say that the battles of Shippuden in general are less interesting than the original ones. I said Shippuuden graduately downgraded them. But if you seriously consider Pain vs. Naruto an intelligently designed battle, then I guess, there is no point in arguing with you guys on that one . . .
you're just picking one fight. i shouldn't have mentioned that one as among the smartest, but since you're just cherry picking a fight i mentioned while ignoring about 6 others i said shows how close minded you are. that being said, naruto vs pain is still not lower intellectually than most of the first series' battles. take haku/zabuza, most of the sound 5, naruto vs gaara, lee vs gaara, etc... there's no proof in what you are saying here
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 11:29   Link #85
Neji112
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Somehow this feels to me as if this should have been how the final battle plays out and Sasuke should have been in Tobi's role.
Neji112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 14:31   Link #86
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Yes, the story built up the Itachi battle from the beginning, but not to the current storyline, and that's my whole point.

I only addressed the Pain fight, because that's the only one of the ones you mentioned, that I would disagree on. I already agreed that Shippuuden does have some great battles. But Spamming Rasenshuriken until it hits is not an intelligently designed one. Neither is burning Kirabi into submission, punching Kisame into the ground, running from Kakuzu's attacks for an eternity or chasing Deidara for just as long. Every battle in the current war so far was lackluster, except for Gaara's, and we have yet to see if the Madara battle will truly convince. I am not being close minded, I just happen to have my own opinion.
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 14:33   Link #87
23 gundam fan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: north carolina
really good chapter. makes you wonder as we see naruto new form now, just what kick ass powers sasuke is going to have to match up with him. it has to be godlike when kish is spending this much time building up and showing us naruto new god like state. and love the new outfit, now if kish would just finally give sasuke a new look. man i cant stand the rope around his waist and toilet bowl outfit sasuke has had for so long. man it looks awful. for a ninja on the run it just looks cumbersome to me. i am assuming sasuke is going to bust out with a very madara type of look for obvious reasons (naruto with his dad outfit in pain battle and sasuke with the outfit of the great madara)
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 14:46   Link #88
Akashin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Yes, the story built up the Itachi battle from the beginning, but not to the current storyline, and that's my whole point.
Err, what's going on right now is the culmination of Akatsuki's attempts to gather the Tailed Beasts (even if Akatsuki itself is a minor presence at this point), which is a plotline that has been present since Itachi and Kisame were introduced back in the Search for Tsunade Arc. Madara and Tobi might have only come up here (though Madara was made relevant at the VoTE, and through the Kyuubi's interaction with Sasuke early into Shippuden), but the plotline itself has been around for ages. Not sure where the idea that it wasn't built up to is coming from.

Now, if you're saying that Naruto and Kurama fighting together wasn't built up to, I agree with you there. Though we've known for a long time that their relationship would be important, if not in this manner.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 15:29   Link #89
GusGus
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Another brainless fight. This isn't dragon ball anymore, it's godzilla wars now, ninjas that can turn themselves into huge ridiculous monsters.

Oh well, I started to love this manga thanks to the Kakashi vs Zabuza fight, it was so different from others shounen stories. It's all lost now.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 16:57   Link #90
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^It's not really "brainless". Not to say that there is significant tactics or strategy involved (there is definetly a BFG aspect to this and most other fights), but Naruto is still clearly using his mind in this fight (why else would he has created a Sage Clone before using the full Kyuubi-mode?) and Tobi is always calculating what is going on.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 17:04   Link #91
ChronoReverse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
As for Sage Naruto vs Pain:

[cut]


Obviously as the battle wore on, it escalated into huge techniques but it's not like there weren't any cleverness going on. Don't let the fact Naruto uses the same technique to deal damage distract you from that.

The hilarious part is that the final finishing blow was a regular rasengan where the rasenshuriken was one of the distractions.
[cut]

In every one of these, Pain gets surprised with a "What?" or "?!"

Last edited by james0246; 2012-01-26 at 18:05.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 17:12   Link #92
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
As for Sage Naruto vs Pain:

[cut]


Obviously as the battle wore on, it escalated into huge techniques but it's not like there weren't any cleverness going on. Don't like the fact Naruto uses the same technique to deal damage distract you from that.

The hilarious part is that the final finishing blow was a regular rasengan where the rasenshuriken was one of the distractions.
yep. any battle with naruto has some sort of inginuity and intelligence to it just with shadow clones alone, let alone whatever other strategies he comes up with like replacements, sage techs, etc...

the ratio between power and intelligence in fights seems about the same to me between both series'. the only ninja close to fighting "brainless" is gai. everyone else for the most part uses calculated moves in some regard and the smarter characters like shikamaru, itachi and sasuke dissect their opponents and predict their moves. its been the same throughout the entire story.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-01-26 at 18:09.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 17:24   Link #93
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Quote:
This isn't dragon ball anymore, it's godzilla wars now, ninjas that can turn themselves into huge ridiculous monsters.
And here I was, watching the chuunin preliminaries, when a ninja who could turn into a snake appeared...oh yeah and he had a huge snake around too.
Quote:
the ratio between power and intelligence in fights seems about the same to me between both series'.
Seconded. The only time I really hated Naruto for doing NOTHING was during his fight vs Kimimaro, he made like 200 clones just so they could die.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 18:21   Link #94
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I didn't read it that way. I thought that 'saving' sasuke was something naruto wanted to do on his own and involving bunta or the other frogs would have detracted from what he was trying to do on a mental level.
I was just referring to the battle itself. This explanation of the reason is ok, but regardless of that when we look at it as just a battle between two ninjas, as it is often the case in this manga, one was handicapped in some way. Of course because the story needed to progress Naruto had to lose there, but still, it was not nice to see that the arrogant one wins against the guy who has developed so much.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 20:43   Link #95
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I was just referring to the battle itself. This explanation of the reason is ok, but regardless of that when we look at it as just a battle between two ninjas, as it is often the case in this manga, one was handicapped in some way. Of course because the story needed to progress Naruto had to lose there, but still, it was not nice to see that the arrogant one wins against the guy who has developed so much.
yea that's true. but i liked seeing sasuke win that VotE fight. i think it was much more interesting than if naruto had won and bff'd sasuke. it put sasuke on a much higher level of opponent as naruto's previous rivals: kiba, neji, gaara since there was no possibility of naruto winning mentally either.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 00:04   Link #96
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
just a hinch...

At this point of time, I think Sasuke already knows, and he is going to betray Tobi like what he did with Orochimaru.. I think Sasuke is the one who will kill Tobi
Seriously, I think Sasuke is down for killing just about everybody in sight... The boy is clearly unhinged. Speaking of Sasuke...where the hell is he? :X
__________________
octaviahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 00:59   Link #97
yakumo-chan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Behind You!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
Seriously, I think Sasuke is down for killing just about everybody in sight... The boy is clearly unhinged. Speaking of Sasuke...where the hell is he? :X
I have this theory that sasuke already knows whats happening today,, about tobi, zetsu and madara
__________________
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 01:20   Link #98
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
Seriously, I think Sasuke is down for killing just about everybody in sight... The boy is clearly unhinged. Speaking of Sasuke...where the hell is he? :X
Stroking his snake while plotting his revenge in a dark cave somewhere no doubt
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 04:43   Link #99
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
I was just wondering, if we will see Kurama like when he is in the cage, and Naruto above him, and them in the village..with the people that for the first time see Kurama like this,that is partners of Naruto..i just can't imagine the faces that will make the other Ninja..it will be Epic!
Even the Hachibi was Shocked that Kurama Agree to give his power to Naruto...
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 05:03   Link #100
LightMusicBand
Did you say, HASHIRAMA?!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: God Knows...
finally, Kurama stopped acting like a big baby who lost his candy and tried to think of the bigger picture for a change. i was waiting for this moment for the last 5 chapters or so. it is a better idea to at least help naruto, which is better than being captured by Tobi and getiing your chakra all sucked up to end the naruto world as we know it. this chapter was the best 5 minute-scene since the start of the Naruto-Tobi battle.

but still, i can't help but to think that Naruto (as a series) is gonna end soon. i mean, who is there left to fight? Kabuto? Tobi? Sasuke? i think it is still good for another year or so.
__________________
My YouTube Channel and Soundcloud
"I swear my allegiance under the Red Cloud Organization, for all things Light and Fluffy"...
LightMusicBand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, weekly chapter thread, weekly spoiler discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.