AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-05-08, 17:31   Link #28061
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Enron's Skilling reaches deal for shortened sentence
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9470XX20130508

Arizona jury finds Jodi Arias guilty of first-degree murder
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9470ZD20130508
Quote:
Ariel Castro charged in Cleveland kidnapping
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...94600620130508

Cleveland resident Ariel Castro was charged on Wednesday with kidnapping and raping three women who were rescued from his house on Monday after nearly a decade in captivity.

Castro's two brothers Pedro and Onil, originally arrested in the case, were not charged, said Cleveland city prosecutor Victor Perez at a news conference.

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 17:42   Link #28062
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
New jihadi magazine appeals for help against drones:
I hope we do a better job of encrypting the command and control data than we do with the video feeds.

The authors do conclude that
Quote:
No one who works with UAVs is questioning the fundamental integrity of the drone fleet at the moment; it would take an incredibly sophisticated hacker to commandeer a Predator, for example. Nor is anyone pretending that this premiere tool of the U.S. global counterterror campaign is flawless.
On another note:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
AP Exclusive: Air Force sidelines 17 ICBM officers
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-08-03-13-34
Not a good week for the USAF what with its chief officer in charge of reducing sexual assaults in that service being arrested for sexual battery in a parking lot this week.

The AP story observes that sitting in silos waiting for a war no one wants or expects to occur has led to some "rot," to use the term from the article, in the command structure at the Minot SD AFB where some of fleet of ICBMs are maintained. I'm beginning to think the Air Force as a whole has lost a lot of lustre since the Cold War years when their bombers and land-based missiles made up two legs of the "triad" on which deterrence was based (the third and ultimately most important are the submarine-launched ICBMs). We keep creating wars for the Army to fight, while the Navy preens as a "global force for good." I guess the Air Force pilots drones these days, but that's a big drop in mission from maintaining global stability through mutually assured destruction. The Air Force tried to become the masters of the cyberspace battlefield, but the service was quickly knocked back in favor of a multi-service committee including even the Marines. (Who knew we could assault computers from landing craft.) The Air Force also gets to run Space Command, but the nomination of a female officer to head that branch is being held up by Senator Claire McCaskell because of the officer's decision to overrule a jury conviction in a sexual assault case.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2013-05-08 at 18:14.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 12:10   Link #28063
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Bulgaria vote seen unlikely to deliver government, solve crisis
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9480QO20130509

Hezbollah chief: Syria to supply strategic weapons
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-09-12-30-48

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 09:04   Link #28064
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

http://stream.wsj.com/story/latest-h...9/SS-2-229708/

Imperialist Chinese Fishing Ship demand apology for invading Philippines waters/Fisherman shot dead.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 09:23   Link #28065
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post

Imperialist Chinese Fishing Ship demand apology for invading Philippines waters/Fisherman shot dead.
That's tragic .. did they really try to repeatedly ram the coast guard though?
Old 2013-05-10, 09:28   Link #28066
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Probably, although I would say shooting is still an overreaction when compared to the PRC fishers picking up baseball bats/axes /pipesand actually killing coastal guards.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 09:29   Link #28067
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Of course

All Chinese vessels ram coast guards, then magically flow away out of bullet range.

The Vietnamese last month could learn a thing or two from these chinese fishing boat.

Pro-Rammers, I tell ya.
Old 2013-05-10, 09:30   Link #28068
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Probably, although I would say shooting is still an overreaction when compared to the PRC fishers picking up baseball bats/axes /pipesand actually killing coastal guards.
It is a legit defense when you could be robbed blind, have all your equipment taken, then held hostage for ransom.
Old 2013-05-10, 09:31   Link #28069
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Thanks to PRC, any fishing boat crewed by Chinese is automatically is from there and viewed as a threat due to the general reactions to coast guards, as you have described.

Actually they aren't the only ones. The Malaysian Navy PVs also open up on "suspicious" vessels with minimal warnings. The pirates here have plenty of places to hide in the forested areas near the water around shipping lanes in SEA.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-05-10 at 09:41.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 09:32   Link #28070
willx
Nyaaan~~

@Archmage -- I don't know if you're being sarcastic? I've seen people try to ram police cars and all sorts of other stupidness, so nothing surprises me about what people do when they're about to be arrested or detained. I've also been on a number of different sized nautical craft .. twisting, jostling and nudging is quite serious in vehicles of these sizes ..?
Old 2013-05-10, 09:33   Link #28071
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Thanks to PRC, any fishing boat crewed by Chinese is automatically is from there and viewed as a threat due to the general reactions to coast guards, as you have described.
In that case, thanks to the Koreans, Chinese fishing boats assume coast guards are pirates and thieves.
Old 2013-05-10, 09:35   Link #28072
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
@Archmage -- I don't know if you're being sarcastic? I've seen people try to ram police cars and all sorts of other stupidness, so nothing surprises me about what people do when they're about to be arrested or detained. I've also been on a number of different sized nautical craft .. twisting, jostling and nudging is quite serious in vehicles of these sizes ..?
Please rephrase. I am having problems trying to pinpoint the question and its purpose.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-05-10, 09:41   Link #28073
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
I was referring to this

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/worl...-released.html

Also, I wonder how many people besides you and I actually read the article I posted

Edit: Here is the real title

Philippines Confirms Shooting at Taiwanese Fishing Vessel

So to the people who blamed China over this incident, can we assume they also agreed Taiwan is part of China?
Old 2013-05-10, 09:55   Link #28074
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
I was referring to this

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/worl...-released.html

Also, I wonder how many people besides you and I actually read the article I posted

Edit: Here is the real title

Philippines Confirms Shooting at Taiwanese Fishing Vessel

So to the people who blamed China over this incident, can we assume they also agreed Taiwan is part of China?
What has agreeing that Taiwan is part of China got to do with shooting at a vessel crewed by Chinese?

Old 2013-05-10, 09:57   Link #28075
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

Quote:
You...must be from PRC.
Old 2013-05-10, 10:34   Link #28076
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
You...must be from PRC.
So I was. Is there a problem? or can we begin to attack everyone's views by their nationality from now on?
Old 2013-05-10, 10:36   Link #28077
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
What has agreeing that Taiwan is part of China got to do with shooting at a vessel crewed by Chinese?
The joke is no longer funny if I have to explain it~
Old 2013-05-10, 10:37   Link #28078
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author

I personally don't really have problem, not very nationalist.

But the fact that I guessed it from that means something.
Old 2013-05-10, 10:46   Link #28079
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
I personally don't really have problem, not very nationalist.

But the fact that I guessed it from that means something.
What you care to clarify? What if I said I was a French-Canadian loli girl living in Taiwan ? Would that make any statement I say more valid?

Everyone here has a background and shaded in their own views, nationalist or not. By questioning where I am from without saying anything about the article, It take it as a personal attack.
Old 2013-05-10, 10:50   Link #28080
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
What if I said I was a French-Canadian loli girl living in Taiwan ?
Saintess would like to take you home

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news