AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-05-30, 04:52   Link #28661
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author

Okay, the smoke is more-or-less cleared now.

It's most likely Coast Guard's fault, pretty much.

But Philippine TV likes to play Philippines as the victim.
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 04:52   Link #28662
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Maybe they should have something like a G Gundam-style tournament to decide ownership, saves us all this trouble.
Yeah! And we could retrofit spectator ships and have them crewed by underaged girls in sailor uniform and.........*is left hanging from the radar antennae of a missile corvette*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 05:20   Link #28663
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Yeah! And we could retrofit spectator ships and have them crewed by underaged girls in sailor uniform and.........*is left hanging from the radar antennae of a missile corvette*
... You walking the plank will be the warmup entertainment. Need to research ways to attract sharks to the plank site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post

I do caution against using the media of the 2 countries without a 3rd party checking. Most media have their own agenda in their home (or host) countries after all (mostly ratings and advertisers)
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 07:32   Link #28664
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
... You walking the plank will be the warmup entertainment. Need to research ways to attract sharks to the plank site.
Blood. Sharks love blood. Just pour a vat of pig/cow/chicken blood into an area and the sharks will swarm in.

Regardless, I would only be there as a guard to ensure that the girls are not abused. I will also double up as a QA supervisor, if they are caught slacking I'll flip their skirts and they will perk up which then they will reply "哥哥变态" or "kuya masama" - *gets tied to sonar dipper and dunked into the water*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-05-30, 07:44   Link #28665
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author

^ I think "kuya, ikaw ha~" is more erotic.
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 10:19   Link #28666
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post

Quote:
I do caution against using the media of the 2 countries without a 3rd party checking. Most media have their own agenda in their home (or host) countries after all (mostly ratings and advertisers)
Indeed, best to wait for the result of the investigation to be published before drawing any definite conclusion.

For what it's worth, several news agencies in TW have reported that TW's investigators have been viewing the video and questioning several PHL personnel on board the PCG vessel, and they've said that the fishing boat did not ram the PCG ship, but the PCG ship did try to get the fishing boat to leave via loudspeaker. When that didn't work, the commander ordered his troops to fire at the boat.

As for how much of that is accurate, I think we'll know pretty soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
*gets tied to sonar dipper and dunked into the water*
pfft, a couple cement blocks will suffice! No need to worry SH, I'll take real good care of your girls
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 13:32   Link #28667
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
pfft, a couple cement blocks will suffice!
The effect sonar has on human bodies is the same as a microwave oven - it transmits so much energy at the point of source that it can go beyond bursting eardrums; enough saturation can make one pop into a gory bloodpuff of flesh.

You......you are not really planning to really tie me to one and use it for ASW, are you?

Quote:
No need to worry SH, I'll take real good care of your girls
Go away and stop hoarding the TW lolis.

Old 2013-05-30, 15:53   Link #28668
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
No genetically engineered wheat has been approved for U.S. farming. U.S. Department of Agriculture officials said the wheat is the same strain as a genetically modified wheat that was legally tested by seed giant Monsanto a decade ago but never approved. Monsanto stopped testing that product in Oregon and several other states in 2005.
How the modified wheat made it from a private company’s testing grounds to the Eastern Oregon commercial wheat field is a question investigators are trying to unravel in a mystery that could have global implications on the wheat trade in the U.S. and abroad.
Many countries around the world will not accept imports of genetically modified foods, and the United States exports about half of its wheat crop. Zemetra said the presence of the modified crop shows the need for testing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...00a_story.html

curious if those Organic Wheat Farmers have a case against Monsanto for contaminating their wheat field.
Old 2013-05-30, 20:33   Link #28669
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Insight: How Treasury's tax loophole mistake saves companies billions each year
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...94T17K20130531

Ricin attack puts spotlight on Bloomberg's gun control push
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...94T15320130530

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 21:46   Link #28670
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
curious if those Organic Wheat Farmers have a case against Monsanto for contaminating their wheat field.
I certainly hope so. This could cost hundreds of millions in lost exports, not just to the particular farm where it was found.
Old 2013-05-31, 04:34   Link #28671
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Japan has already suspended some wheat imports in the light of this discovery.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/31/bu...-us-wheat.html
Old 2013-05-31, 06:52   Link #28672
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

why is a lot of country doesn't want to import genetically modified crop? It's not that big of a difference with selective crop breeding isn't it?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 06:53   Link #28673
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I certainly hope so. This could cost hundreds of millions in lost exports, not just to the particular farm where it was found.
Given than it's of Monsanto than we are talking about, I would be surprised to see them going against those organic farmers .

Old 2013-05-31, 07:11   Link #28674
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
why is a lot of country doesn't want to import genetically modified crop? It's not that big of a difference with selective crop breeding isn't it?
True there some health reasons as its still soon to judge the consequences of Monsanto things on human, But its mostly for economical reason imho. Many countries in europe doesnt want that their farmers end up dependant of the chemicals needs.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 08:29   Link #28675
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Partly irrational fear of frankenfood. Partly fear of contamination (like, hm, exactly what happened here...) and food poisoning.

I remember a story about a GM breed of wheat that made its own pesticide. If you looked at the quantity of pesticide over a ton of wheat, it wasn't any more than if you'd applied it by plane over a normal field. But, nature being what it is, if you looked at it over 100g, you'd get lots with almost no pesticide, and lots with several times the allowed dosage.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 17:33   Link #28676
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah, the science is still out on consuming GMO. But the *economics* is deadly. Hey, lets give "intellectual property" control of all seed crops of the planet over to a small group? Especially when wind, crop drift, and genetic contamination legally destroys the competition?

This makes the music industry legal shenanigans and corrosion of innovation look paltry.
Old 2013-05-31, 21:52   Link #28677
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Given than it's of Monsanto than we are talking about, I would be surprised to see them going against those organic farmers .
Monsanto has sued farmers who have their seeds germinate without contract by the company. In most cases, these farmers had no idea because the seeds came from other farms and were carried by nature.

The company has too much power with its patent. It never should have been granted.
Old 2013-05-31, 22:14   Link #28678
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Iran presidential debate on economy dissolves into chaos
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...94U16520130531
Quote:
Iran's first debate between candidates for the presidency degenerated into acrimony live on state television on Friday when, instead of discussing the economy, some of the hopefuls resorted to sniping over the questions and format.

Old 2013-05-31, 22:17   Link #28679
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Iran presidential debate on economy dissolves into chaos
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...94U16520130531
Wrong thread. Should be in Silly News!

Old 2013-06-01, 06:24   Link #28680
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Judge orders Google to give customer data to FBI
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...06-01-04-19-50

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news