AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-06-22, 11:58   Link #28981
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
'No, we can't': Japan's conservative values collide with plan to mobilize women for economy
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...95I1LK20130619
Quote:
A basic lack of understanding of the issues among many politicians remains, the LDP's Koike says, a big barrier to change.
Recalling a session of an LDP panel on policies concerning women, she said, ruefully: "I explained the notion of 'diversity' and one of the men asked me 'Where is that?' He thought we were talking about a place called 'Diver City'."
sounds like the some of the members of congress here in the US.
Old 2013-06-22, 11:58   Link #28982
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
that is only because majority of westerner don't know a thing about Buddhism.

the west think the dalai lama is pope of Buddhism while he is only the pope of a sect in Tibet.
More like all Tibet since he is viewed as Chenrezig's incarnation even if Geluk school is the youngest of the primary Tibetan Buddhist schools
Old 2013-06-22, 12:00   Link #28983
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
More like all Tibet since he is viewed as Chenrezig's incarnation even if Geluk school is the youngest of the primary Tibetan Buddhist schools
each of the Tibetan sects have there own "living Buddha." The dalai lama is the political head of the Tibet not the supreme religious head.
Old 2013-06-22, 12:02   Link #28984
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
With all the crap that happened in last year's student protests, many of those animals escaped because they wore masks while acting as professional property destroyers. Anything to get rid of those scumbags is fine to me.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Dextro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 12:13   Link #28985
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
each of the Tibetan sects have there own "living Buddha." The dalai lama is the political head of the Tibet not the supreme religious head.
It's not exactly like that. The Dalai Lama is revered because Chenrezig is patron Buddha of Tibet. In the past, it's due to backing of the Geluk from Mongols

It's similar to how Emperor is treated in Imperial Japan.

If you ask for how many Tulku reincarnations there are in Tibet, there's plenty.

Religiously speaking, there is no central authority other than adherence to the central teachings handed down by Padmasambhava and other past masters
Old 2013-06-22, 13:49   Link #28986
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It's similar to how Emperor is treated in Imperial Japan.
traditionally the Dalai Lama have more political power then the Emperor of Japan.
Old 2013-06-22, 14:24   Link #28987
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

That's a load of bollocks, no disrespect. If you have good intentions, you have nothing to hide then, not even your face. You should have seen the kind of crap they were asking as a bunch of spoiled c*nts with no future or spitting on their future.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 14:33   Link #28988
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:

That's a load of bollocks, no disrespect. If you have good intentions, you have nothing to hide then, not even your face. You should have seen the kind of crap they were asking as a bunch of spoiled c*nts with no future or spitting on their future.
Two wrongs don't make a right. I live by that quote and as much as I agree with you that those people rioting were a bunch of spoiled brats who unfortunately got off scott free I still stand by that quote and consider the act of banning something as simple as protesting with a mask on too close to the slippery slope of limiting free speech. What next? Jailing people for gathering in groups larger than X? We have to prevent riots you know. /s

Old 2013-06-22, 14:41   Link #28989
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

You need to read a little more history and study some politics before confusing the behavior of some of that crowd with the "solution" you're spouting.

Last edited by Vexx; 2013-06-22 at 15:17.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 15:33   Link #28990
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
'No, we can't': Japan's conservative values collide with plan to mobilize women for economy
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...95I1LK20130619
Well here in the US there is essentially no publicly-funded daycare. I remember when watching Usagi Drop that I was impressed Daikichi could find such a place for little Rin. When my daughter was pre-school age I was paying $thousands per year for daycare, first in a private home and later in a pre-school. This was in the early 1990s, too. Nowadays there might be another zero on the end of that figure.
Old 2013-06-22, 16:54   Link #28991
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Man's book on 'getting awesome with women' hit by critics as guide for rapists

Quote:
Ken Hoinsky describes his book as a self-help book for men seeking advice on interacting with the opposite sex.
that name sure sounds familiar

yeah, uh, it's tofusensei allright (former fansubber, CR translator etc)
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 16:54   Link #28992
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
You need to read a little more history and study some politics before confusing the behavior of some of that crowd with the "solution" you're spouting.
When I see those archives from the 1968-1973, I have seen only people with bare faces when protesting against the Vietnam War (which was a more justified cause to an extent when we look back). Why would people from another generation have no problems showing their faces while today's would have problems when they want to protest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Two wrongs don't make a right. I live by that quote and as much as I agree with you that those people rioting were a bunch of spoiled brats who unfortunately got off scott free I still stand by that quote and consider the act of banning something as simple as protesting with a mask on too close to the slippery slope of limiting free speech. What next? Jailing people for gathering in groups larger than X? We have to prevent riots you know. /s
For what I gathered for documentation last year, there are solid rules to abide in the US and in Europe when it comes to demonstrations such as to give the projected route to the authorities with x days in advance in order for LE to make sure nothing goes too far. However as we know, all riots have the same kind of brats taking advantage of the situation to create unwanted havoc. As I said, if you want to protest peacefully on a particular political/social issue, no one would have issues with your face while we know the masked people are just there to create problems (those are the ones that should be eliminated from the equation).

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-06-22 at 18:46.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 16:57   Link #28993
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
For what I gathered for documentation last year, there are solid rules to abide in the US and in Europe when it comes to demonstrations such as to give the projected route to the authorities with x days in advance in order for LE to make sure nothing goes too far. However as we know, all riots have the same kind of brats taking advantage of the situation to create unwanted havoc. As I said, if you want to protest peacefully on a articular political/social issue, no one would have issues with your face while we know the masked people are just there to create problems (those are the ones that should be eliminated from the equation).
Until the day that the balance shifts the other way and people start being afraid to show their faces to protest for something they believe in out of fear of being persecuted for it.

Old 2013-06-22, 16:57   Link #28994
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Unhappy

Quote:
When I see those archives from the 1968-1973, I have seen only people with bare faces when protesting against the Vietnam War (which was a more justified cause to an extent when we look back). Why would people from another generation have no problems showing their faces while today's would have problems when they want to protest?
because back then there wasn't a surveillance camera on every goddamned lamppost

edit: the "honest people have nothing to hide so you shouldn't protest against surveillance, because you're honest, right?" fallacy is really annoying by the way
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 19:48   Link #28995
AnimeFan188

Federal nullification efforts mounting in states:

"Imagine the scenario: A federal agent attempts to arrest someone for illegally
selling a machine gun. Instead, the federal agent is arrested charged in a
state court with the crime of enforcing federal gun laws.

Farfetched? Not as much as you might think.

The scenario would become conceivable if legislation passed by Missouri's
Republican-led Legislature is signed into law by Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon.

The Missouri legislation is perhaps the most extreme example of a states' rights
movement that has been spreading across the nation. States are increasingly
adopting laws that purport to nullify federal laws setting up intentional legal
conflicts, directing local police not to enforce federal laws and, in rare cases, even
threatening criminal charges for federal agents who dare to do their jobs.

An Associated Press analysis found that about four-fifths of the states now have
enacted local laws that directly reject or ignore federal laws on marijuana use,
gun control, health insurance requirements and identification standards for
driver's licenses. The recent trend began in Democratic leaning California with a
1996 medical marijuana law and has proliferated lately in Republican strongholds
like Kansas, where Gov. Sam Brownback this spring became the first to sign a
measure threatening felony charges against federal agents who enforce certain
firearms laws in his state."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/federal-nullif...070843059.html
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 20:30   Link #28996
Xellos-_^
Married

i am pretty sure Fed vs State has been settle since the end of the civil war.

Why is the South so interested in re-fighting a war they lost over 100 years ago? Don't anyone in the South has better things to do?
Old 2013-06-22, 20:40   Link #28997
AnimeFan188

Quote:
i am pretty sure Fed vs State has been settle since the end of the civil war.

Why is the South so interested in re-fighting a war they lost over 100 years ago? Don't anyone in the South has better things to do?
But it's not just the South this time, and it's not about slavery either.........
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 21:19   Link #28998
Ithekro
Space Battleship

Many States are feeling like the Federal government has too much power. Far more than it had on the eve of the Civil War. The arguement can go back as far as the signing of the Constitution and the reason for there to be a Bill of Rights in the first place. The Bill of Rights and the amendments to the Constitution are to limit or define what the Federal government can and cannot do. For everything else, there is the Tenth Amendment which places things not covered under the Constitution to be in the State's hands.
Old 2013-06-22, 21:53   Link #28999
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Scattered, smaller protests continue in dozens of Brazilian cities
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...95M00H20130623

Asia dominates world's most expensive office spaces: report
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...95J07N20130620

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 03:02   Link #29000
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire

"Terrorists arrested as they were building radiation weapon"