AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-18, 16:13   Link #29501
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
OCP looks darn good right now.
Don't forget Robocop.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 16:25   Link #29502
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New England
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Don't forget Robocop.

http://robocoppin.ytmnd.com/
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic38963_5.gif
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 21:37   Link #29503
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I call bullshit. They never intended to allow citizens to know about it, that's all. They knew full well what was happening the entire time.
Some of them, perhaps. But a lot of our representatives aren't really as clued in as we'd think, or like them to be. Historically our political system, at all levels, has demonstrated a lot of examples of one hand not knowing, understanding, or caring what the other is doing.

The nation (all sectors) is increasingly short term in thought and action, at the cost of the long term. Caught up in the moment. When a politician claims they didn't think "more security" would create an Orwellian apparatus, I'm genuinely not surprised. Best intentions, and all that. A lot of these people aren't looking at the possible consequences years down the road, they're focused on the next election and their own careers.
__________________
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 21:54   Link #29504
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Amazing O_O, Kim's Sushi Chief defected back into North Korea.
__________________
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 22:06   Link #29505
AnimeFan188
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Scoop: Family Guy Crossover Will Introduce the Griffins to The Simpsons in Fall 2014!:

"TVLine has learned that in a fall 2014 episode of Family Guy, Peter & Co. pay a visit
to Springfield, where they’ll be befriended by Homer & Co."

See:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/scoop-famil...185958384.html
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 22:16   Link #29506
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Scoop: Family Guy Crossover Will Introduce the Griffins to The Simpsons in Fall 2014!:

"TVLine has learned that in a fall 2014 episode of Family Guy, Peter & Co. pay a visit
to Springfield, where they’ll be befriended by Homer & Co."

See:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/scoop-famil...185958384.html
This is unacceptable!
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 22:31   Link #29507
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Venezuela slams U.S. over 'repressive regimes' remarks
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96I04820130719

Russia jails top opposition leader; Putin denounced as dictator
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96G0WO20130718
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 00:28   Link #29508
KiraYamatoFan
No end to my talents
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Russia jails top opposition leader; Putin denounced as dictator
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96G0WO20130718
That was utter ridiculous indeed; I can bet anything by saying this is an entire farce.

Putin OUT!
__________________
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 11:57   Link #29509
AnimeFan188
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Report: Nearly Half Of Detroiters Can’t Read:

"According to a new report, 47 percent of Detroiters are ”functionally illiterate.” The
alarming new statistics were released by the Detroit Regional Workforce Fund on
Wednesday.

WWJ Newsradio 950 spoke with the Fund’s Director, Karen Tyler-Ruiz, who explained
exactly what this means.

“Not able to fill out basic forms, for getting a job — those types of basic everyday
(things). Reading a prescription; what’s on the bottle, how many you should take…
just your basic everyday tasks,” she said."

See:

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/05/...ers-cant-read/
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 16:29   Link #29510
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
The latest risk in Tourre trial: jurors dozing and losing the plot
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96G19720130719

SEC seeking to ban SAC's Cohen from financial industry
http://preview.reuters.com/2013/7/19...ith-failure-to
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 03:35   Link #29511
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Jenny McCarthy to join the The View

This came out a few days ago, and I really wouldn't touch the show with a ten foot pole, but assuming this goes through and the show is actually that popular she and her new age medicine anti-vaccine ilk will have a bigger platform to spread discredited medical research.

And kill more people along the way.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 04:40   Link #29512
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Has anyone ever told her that child vaccination is mandatory in much of Japan, and I assume a lot of modern Asian countries, and we don't really have higher percentage of autism problem? Heck they changed the vaccination from combined to individual (I got the combined since I got it in early 80s, before they discontinued) and it made not a lick of difference in autism rate.

Or is she completely deaf to anything not based on witch doctor voodoo.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 06:27   Link #29513
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Has anyone ever told her that child vaccination is mandatory in much of Japan, and I assume a lot of modern Asian countries, and we don't really have higher percentage of autism problem? Heck they changed the vaccination from combined to individual (I got the combined since I got it in early 80s, before they discontinued) and it made not a lick of difference in autism rate.

Or is she completely deaf to anything not based on witch doctor voodoo.
We have mandatory vaccination too. 3 at 1 years old, 2 at 6 years old, 3 at 12 years old.

And I have 1 for working at F&B, 1 for shipboarding, 1 for the jungle when I was in the army. And I don't think I am mentally retarded nor crazy in any form (other than dyslexia).

So what is with her lack of acceptance at information?
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 06:37   Link #29514
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Why many abortion clinics in Texas may stay open despite new law
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96H1GE20130718

North Korean ship was carrying sugar donation, Cuba told Panama

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96I1A020130720
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 07:22   Link #29515
JokerD
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Has anyone ever told her that child vaccination is mandatory in much of Japan, and I assume a lot of modern Asian countries, and we don't really have higher percentage of autism problem? Heck they changed the vaccination from combined to individual (I got the combined since I got it in early 80s, before they discontinued) and it made not a lick of difference in autism rate.

Or is she completely deaf to anything not based on witch doctor voodoo.
A failure to accept that it was her own genes and/or lack of screening that caused her child's autism?

Edit: China blast at Beijing airport terminal

Quote:
There has been an explosion at Beijing Capital International Airport's Terminal 3, with a man in a wheelchair apparently detonating a device.

Photos posted on China's Weibo microblogging site showed a dark-haired man waving a white package in the air before the blast.

Later images showed the wheelchair on its side with officials treating a man on the floor.

His condition was unclear. Smoke spread through the terminal after the blast.

The device went off shortly before 18:30 (10:30 GMT) near one of the terminal's arrival gates.

Xinhua news agency showed several medical workers providing emergency treatment, with police officers also at the scene.
Police and security personnel at Beijing Capital International Airport (20 July 2013)

The man was named by Chinese state broadcaster CCTV as Ji Zhongxing, from Shandong province in China's north-east. He blew up a package of gunpowder and was taken to hospital, CCTV reported.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 09:17   Link #29516
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
We have mandatory vaccination too. 3 at 1 years old, 2 at 6 years old, 3 at 12 years old.

And I have 1 for working at F&B, 1 for shipboarding, 1 for the jungle when I was in the army. And I don't think I am mentally retarded nor crazy in any form (other than dyslexia).

So what is with her lack of acceptance at information?
Certainly not retarded, but "not crazy"?
We have to investigate that claim, SH!
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 09:29   Link #29517
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
North Korean ship was carrying sugar donation, Cuba told Panama

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96I1A020130720
I linked to this earlier. I also believe they are all telling the truth; that Cuba needed their old weapons repaired, and NK is willing to "work for food". As far as international security is concerned, it's relatively harmless. It's just that trade embargoes are meant to make NK's life difficult, and something as innocent as this is caught in the crossfire.

The Unite States appear to be wiling to let the matter drop. It is technically an infringement, but not anything to be afraid of. So the only thing left is Panama's laws on what happens when people lie in their shipping manifest.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 11:01   Link #29518
JokerD
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I linked to this earlier. I also believe they are all telling the truth; that Cuba needed their old weapons repaired, and NK is willing to "work for food". As far as international security is concerned, it's relatively harmless. It's just that trade embargoes are meant to make NK's life difficult, and something as innocent as this is caught in the crossfire.

The Unite States appear to be wiling to let the matter drop. It is technically an infringement, but not anything to be afraid of. So the only thing left is Panama's laws on what happens when people lie in their shipping manifest.
Old weapon there might be, but there's still missile parts in there, a missile with 70s tech can fly just as well as something from the 2010s...
How that it's blown up in the news, how are they going to move it back to Cuba after it's 'repaired'?

The more cynical part of me believes that US wants it to go through, so they can show satellite photos of missile parts being unloaded for more UN action
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 11:27   Link #29519
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Old weapon there might be, but there's still missile parts in there, a missile with 70s tech can fly just as well as something from the 2010s...
How that it's blown up in the news, how are they going to move it back to Cuba after it's 'repaired'?

The more cynical part of me believes that US wants it to go through, so they can show satellite photos of missile parts being unloaded for more UN action
Actually, if NK could actually repair these missile parts, while Cuba couldn't, that indirectly implied that NK already got the technology. So as I say, the threat of NK being more armed than they already were is low.

Chances are Panama would actually confiscate the weapons and destroy them. Not because of UN regulations, but because NK broke Panama laws. They WERE smuggling, and there had to be consequences. Panama has a reputation to upkeep. Can't let anyone believe they would ignore smugglers in their canals.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 16:57   Link #29520
KiraYamatoFan
No end to my talents
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Jenny McCarthy to join the The View

This came out a few days ago, and I really wouldn't touch the show with a ten foot pole, but assuming this goes through and the show is actually that popular she and her new age medicine anti-vaccine ilk will have a bigger platform to spread discredited medical research.

And kill more people along the way.
I work a little in the autism domain and this is a kind of person whom I'd keep telling her to bugger off. Andrew Wakefield was a fraud and got fired from the medical corps 3 years ago because of his fraudulent autism/vaccines study. Live with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Has anyone ever told her that child vaccination is mandatory in much of Japan, and I assume a lot of modern Asian countries, and we don't really have higher percentage of autism problem? Heck they changed the vaccination from combined to individual (I got the combined since I got it in early 80s, before they discontinued) and it made not a lick of difference in autism rate.

Or is she completely deaf to anything not based on witch doctor voodoo.
Good to know about the mandatory vaccination in Japan. It's a shame we don't have it as a hard rock obligation (although it's a very strong recommendation).

McCarthy's not deaf, she's daft. There's the difference. It's because of twats like her if kids will die because they don't get those affordable vaccines against diseases.
__________________

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-07-20 at 17:13.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.