AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-20, 20:07   Link #29521
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Five people sentenced to jail for Costa Concordia disaster
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96J09920130720
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 20:10   Link #29522
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Five people sentenced to jail for Costa Concordia disaster
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96J09920130720
they were sentence to suspended jail term which means nothing.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 06:45   Link #29523
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Has anyone ever told her that child vaccination is mandatory in much of Japan, and I assume a lot of modern Asian countries, and we don't really have higher percentage of autism problem? Heck they changed the vaccination from combined to individual (I got the combined since I got it in early 80s, before they discontinued) and it made not a lick of difference in autism rate.

Or is she completely deaf to anything not based on witch doctor voodoo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Good to know about the mandatory vaccination in Japan. It's a shame we don't have it as a hard rock obligation (although it's a very strong recommendation).

McCarthy's not deaf, she's daft. There's the difference. It's because of twats like her if kids will die because they don't get those affordable vaccines against diseases.
Vactination is also mandatory for children here in Portugal (and most of the European Union I suppose). It's a matter of public safety: someone who doesn't get vaccinated doesn't just put himself at risk but, due to the risk of contagion, puts also everyone else around them as well.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 06:48   Link #29524
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
Technically, the only ones they would put at risk are others who also didn't get the vaccination, since y'know if you're vaccinated you're (most likely) immune...and nothing scares people into signing up for vaccinations like a good old outbreak huh?
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 06:53   Link #29525
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Technically, the only ones they would put at risk are others who also didn't get the vaccination, since y'know if you're vaccinated you're (most likely) immune...and nothing scares people into signing up for vaccinations like a good old outbreak huh?
Vaccinations aren't always foolproof. Should the virus mutate, or that your body "forgets" the proper defence mechanism, you are just as vulnerable to infections as to those who are not vaccinated.

And some people, that I know of, do not need to receive vaccinations due to allergy or some other issues. I got 10+ my entire life and all I feel is a little shitty after each one.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 07:25   Link #29526
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
Do you support vaccinations in spite of that though? Technically speaking, those you mentioned with sensitivity etc who can't get/don't benefit from vaccinations would still be better off under herd immunity. If you believe it works of course.

The problem as I see it is that it's an issue still with far too much baggage attached to it for universal acceptance, like stem cell research or GM/GE. There's that autism claim, then the heavy metals claim, toxicity, people who just damn well don't want to do it...I'm surprised countries have managed to make it mandatory really.
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 07:37   Link #29527
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Do you support vaccinations in spite of that though? Technically speaking, those you mentioned with sensitivity etc who can't get/don't benefit from vaccinations would still be better off under herd immunity. If you believe it works of course.

The problem as I see it is that it's an issue still with far too much baggage attached to it for universal acceptance, like stem cell research or GM/GE. There's that autism claim, then the heavy metals claim, toxicity, people who just damn well don't want to do it...I'm surprised countries have managed to make it mandatory really.
Those are the countries that cannot afford large losses of life. Singapore, for example, bases alot of their economy on their human population, that is why we keep important people from other country to produce domestically, albeit in a gross manner (pun unintended).

I believe Japan had that same issue. Which means that US is a really free country; you are free to be stupid and kill off your entire cell line.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 07:48   Link #29528
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I hadn't even heard of issues till I got on the internet and heard from those crazy Americans. Here in France it's mandatory as a matter of course, and we have no particular demographic problem.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 08:13   Link #29529
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Do you support vaccinations in spite of that though? Technically speaking, those you mentioned with sensitivity etc who can't get/don't benefit from vaccinations would still be better off under herd immunity. If you believe it works of course.

The problem as I see it is that it's an issue still with far too much baggage attached to it for universal acceptance, like stem cell research or GM/GE. There's that autism claim, then the heavy metals claim, toxicity, people who just damn well don't want to do it...I'm surprised countries have managed to make it mandatory really.
1. Unlike stem cell therapy, research on vaccines has been ongoing for decades and decades. There's a reason only 3 countries are still endemic for polio and smallpox is largely unheard of.

2. The autism link has been disproven, the author of the paper has been cited for fraud and manufactured data and has had his license revoked. The Lancet has likewise retracted the paper.

3. The problem with heavy metals and formalin fixing has been an issue for years in regards to finding ways to inactivate bacteria and viruses or to purify the antigens necessary to stimulate the immune response.

4. Seriously people tend to rely way too much on herd immunity. Herd immunity only works IF majority of people are vaccinated enough to make the chance of transmission incredibly small. If one cites herd immunity, then it's also that person's responsibility to maintain said herd immunity in their area.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 10:19   Link #29530
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Vaccinations aren't always foolproof. Should the virus mutate, or that your body "forgets" the proper defence mechanism, you are just as vulnerable to infections as to those who are not vaccinated.

And some people, that I know of, do not need to receive vaccinations due to allergy or some other issues. I got 10+ my entire life and all I feel is a little shitty after each one.
Vaccinations don't need to be foolproof, you know why?

Because they are the only shit we know that works long term.

Because without Vaccines, people will start dying AGAIN. Or worse, be maimed for life.

To refuse vaccines for side effects is like starving yourself in fear of food poisoning.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 10:34   Link #29531
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It's worse. Starving would just involve yourself.

But viruses survive because people catch them. By refusing vaccines, you basically volunteer your body as a breeding ground for viruses so they can make themselves stronger and attack the rest of the population.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 10:59   Link #29532
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's worse. Starving would just involve yourself.

But viruses survive because people catch them. By refusing vaccines, you basically volunteer your body as a breeding ground for viruses so they can make themselves stronger and attack the rest of the population.
What he said. I agree wholeheartedly.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 12:40   Link #29533
Haiprbim
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visual Dream Panire
This information is one year old, but I would still like to share it.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 12:43   Link #29534
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
This information is one year old, but I would still like to share it.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The difference? Stand Your Ground. Killing unarmed people happens all the time, it is only when you try to make it legal that we get in trouble.

Did the white kid die because of Stand Your Ground laws?
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 12:49   Link #29535
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
In Detroit's ruin, law firms see land of new opportunity
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96K04H20130721

Insight: By relying on Iran, Syria's Assad risks irrelevance
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96K03020130721
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 12:51   Link #29536
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
In Detroit's ruin, law firms see land of new opportunity
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96K04H20130721
The Japanese should just come in and take over those steel plants to make consumer products.

Iraqi man marries woman more than four times his junior (1:15)

Quote:
It looks like a regular Iraqi wedding - until you see the bride and groom. Ninety-two-year-old Muslai Mohammed is old enough to be his wife's great-grandfather. The widower decided to remarry so he instructed his sons to find him a wife. And they obliged with 22-year-old Muna Al-Jabouri. SOUNDBITE: Muslai Mohammed, 92-year-old bridegroom, saying (Arabic): "I remained alone when my wife died; there was nobody to share anything with. I wanted to have a good time, have some pleasure, but there was nothing. Then God brought her to me and this is for my pleasure." But it's not clear whether Mohammed is there for Al-Jabouri's pleasure. She agreed to marry the nonagenarian after seeing photographs of him and she says it was her fate. Mohammed has 18 children and several of his sons practice polygamy, which they refer to as 'a hobby'. This has led to an extended family of 325 members. And it seems the so-called "hobby" is catching on - Mohammed says he's ready to marry again if he can find another woman.
Someone make this an international law! Please!
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 13:31   Link #29537
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Iraqi man marries woman more than four times his junior (1:15)



Someone make this an international law! Please!
No. Just no.
Nobody on is right mind would lets you marries multiples 6 year olds girls .
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 13:52   Link #29538
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The difference? Stand Your Ground. Killing unarmed people happens all the time, it is only when you try to make it legal that we get in trouble.

Did the white kid die because of Stand Your Ground laws?
Stand Your Ground didn't matter, it ended up being self defense. These images are problematic when they keep using the younger picture of Trayvon instead of a more current one.

This may be my cynicism talking, but this only became a national case because Zimmerman identified himself as white before it became known he was latino and white. If it was first known that a latino guy killed a black kid, not a single fuck would be given by national headlines.

Their are bigger cases they could and should be focusing on...like the Fort Hood Shooter...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 14:03   Link #29539
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The difference? Stand Your Ground. Killing unarmed people happens all the time, it is only when you try to make it legal that we get in trouble.

Did the white kid die because of Stand Your Ground laws?
No, just a robbery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Their are bigger cases they could and should be focusing on...like the Fort Hood Shooter...
- I'm sure they will if he'd acquitted.
- Being outraged at what happened to Trayvon Martin doesn't mean there isn't plenty more outrage where that came from for other tragedies.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 18:58   Link #29540
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
This information is one year old, but I would still like to share it.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
-White wannabe hero stalks and ends up shooting a 17 year old black kid who was minding his own business=no arrest or investigation until massive public outcry

-Black criminal engaged in criminal activity murders a 17 year old white kid who was minding his own business=immediate investigation and criminal is arrested and charged. No need for public outcry.


I hope this isn't too complicated. And more to the point, makes it clear how inappropriate a comparison it is.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.