AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-21, 19:16   Link #29541
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
-White wannabe hero stalks and ends up shooting a 17 year old black kid who was minding his own business=no arrest or investigation until massive public outcry

-Black criminal engaged in criminal activity murders a 17 year old white kid who was minding his own business=immediate investigation and criminal is arrested and charged. No need for public outcry.


I hope this isn't too complicated. And more to the point, makes it clear how inappropriate a comparison it is.
Indeed. Yet somehow Haiprbim made the post anyway. I love to hear his explanation.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 19:37   Link #29542
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
UK's Cameron urges Google, Yahoo to act on child pornography
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...0FR0IJ20130721
Quote:
Evidence in two recent high-profile child murders in Britain has shown that the killers accessed online child pornography. Although search companies have pledged to help remove images from the Internet, Cameron says he wants them to go further.

"I have a very clear message for Google, Bing, Yahoo and the rest. You have a duty to act on this - and it is a moral duty," Cameron was due to say in a speech on Monday, according to an advance text, demanding that the companies report back to him in October on their progress.
Cameron also said the government was ready to introduce new laws if search engine providers did not offer enough cooperation.
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 19:48   Link #29543
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pripyat, Ukraine
The difference is that people are blinded by ignorance/stupidity while others are not.
__________________
Strygwyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 21:48   Link #29544
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
UK's Cameron urges Google, Yahoo to act on child pornography
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...0FR0IJ20130721
I am pretty sure that Google need to report any evidence of a crime. I am sure any actual child pornographers don't put up a site for Google to locate.

And if it IS on Google, why do they need to hand over anything? Cops can google the site just like anyone else. It's not like Google is trying to protect criminals.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 22:19   Link #29545
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I am pretty sure that Google need to report any evidence of a crime. I am sure any actual child pornographers don't put up a site for Google to locate.

And if it IS on Google, why do they need to hand over anything? Cops can google the site just like anyone else. It's not like Google is trying to protect criminals.
Uh, the reason why politicians make statements like this is because they don't understand technology. It is like blaming Taobao for listing clothing treated with hazardous chemicals.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 23:29   Link #29546
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
http://www.pjtv.com/?cmd=mpg&mpid=56&load=8689

Funny how a lot of things were changed in the trial to make Trayvon look innocent, pretty telling this vid is about the facts hidden or changed to demonize Zimmerman.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 01:16   Link #29547
flying ^
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
http://www.pjtv.com/?cmd=mpg&mpid=56&load=8689

Funny how a lot of things were changed in the trial to make Trayvon look innocent, pretty telling this vid is about the facts hidden or changed to demonize Zimmerman.
tsk

I'm still not sure what's worse... the above or what NBC did to Z-man by doctoring 911 tapes.

flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 04:03   Link #29548
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
GSK says senior executives appear to have broken Chinese law
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96K07020130722

Analysis: Fund could recycle German savings to euro strugglers
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96L04620130722
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 04:05   Link #29549
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Analysis: Fund could recycle German savings to euro strugglers
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96L04620130722
I see that the Germans going up in arms over this.

Clouds over Coca Cola (1:57)

Quote:
No smiles at Coca Cola. The soft drink heavyweight feeling the weight of the global economic slowdown and the weather. Profits fell because with less money to spend- people bought less soda. But Coke says things are looking better for the second half of the year. Standard and Poor's Beth Ann Bovino: SOUNDBITE: BETH ANN BOVINO, DEPUTY CHIEF ECONOMIST, STANDARD & POOR'S (ENGLISH) SAYING: "Well I think Coca Cola like many other companies are seeing a softness in the U.S., certainly a recession in the eurozone, and softness abroad. I think this is kind of in line with what we are seeing for the U.S. economic outlook. We are seeing though that we do expect in the second half of the year once the headwinds from the U.S. government starts to dissipate, probably much later in the year we could see an improvement in the second half so we are in align with Coca Cola." There are a lot of reasons why people drank less of Coke's products around the world. Besides consumers having less disposable money- the weather was really bad.

Monsoon season started early in India- Europe had floods- and in the U.S. it rained a lot. Coke said there was more rain in June than they have seen in 50 years. According to weather analysts Planalytics- in the US- weather alone was responsible for a one percent drop in soft drink sales. Shares of Coke, a Dow stock, fell on the news- but analysts- see sunnier skies ahead: Bill Schmitz at Deutsche Bank has a buy on the company and wrote: "Global market shares have been resilient and relative valuation remains compelling…" Bonnie Herzog at Wells Fargo Securities wrote: "Overall we believe Coca Cola's long-term growth story remains intact.

We suggest long-term investors build positions on weakness." And Coke says the skies are clearing and the second half could see a rebound- weather trends are returning to normal- and changes put in place in regions like China- where sales have been flat- are expected to finally start to pay off.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-07-22 at 10:20.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 13:40   Link #29550
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Germany
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Analysis: Fund could recycle German savings to euro strugglers
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...96L04620130722
Uhm, they were saying our money was buying us too much influence in the EU.

With that we would literally be buying them.

Somehow I doubt other countries would be happy when they realize their whole infrastructure is now owned by a couple of rich germans, or german banks.

They cite the Treuhand fond in eastern Germany. If I remember correctly, east Germans were not happy about that either.
They felt the values were sold off far too cheap, that they were being exploited for the monetary gains of the westerners and how do you prove them wrong in that case?
This would likely end up the same.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 14:14   Link #29551
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Royal baby: Kate in labour as world waits

I wish for both the mother and baby to be fine.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 14:18   Link #29552
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
UK's Cameron urges Google, Yahoo to act on child pornography
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...0FR0IJ20130721
I particularly love this quote:[/sarcasm]

Quote:
“I simply don’t accept the argument that some of these companies have used to say that these searches should be allowed because of freedom of speech.”
Source: UK prime minister lambasts search engines, seeks porn filter blacklist @ ArsTechnica
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 15:13   Link #29553
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
The Empire will not fall

I was hoping for a girl myself, just to test the resolve of the Royals who agreed to let a female child succeed to the throne.

Preliminary estimates place the new prince's immediate value to the British economy at around half a billion dollars, though I bet that will turn out to be an under-estimate. A lot of those commemorative diaper sales will be to Americans.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 15:23   Link #29554
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The Empire will not fall

I was hoping for a girl myself, just to test the resolve of the Royals who agreed to let a female child succeed to the throne.
the british had ruling queens before. I doubt its that big a deal.

Now Japan would be different.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 15:28   Link #29555
animeisinteresting
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The Empire will not fall

I was hoping for a girl myself, just to test the resolve of the Royals who agreed to let a female child succeed to the throne.

It has nothing to do with the Royals. All the commonwealth countries had to agree to it first.
animeisinteresting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 15:29   Link #29556
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the british had ruling queens before. I doubt its that big a deal.
It's got a ruling queen now.

Though yeah, the real test would have been a daughter now, and a son somewhere down the line. Oh, well.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 15:39   Link #29557
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
The Legend of Abe?

Quote:
Mr Abe now looks to be in a stronger position than any Japanese leader has been since Junichiro Koizumi, the prime minister from 2001 to 2006. He is not expected to face a general election until 2016. And yet his support could evaporate quickly. Overall turnout on July 21st was low, which suggests the party may have thinner support than its winnings would seem to indicate. Just 53% of those eligible to vote went to the polls: a 20-year low, according to Koichi Nakano of Sophia University. Only about one in six Japanese actively backed the LDP. Having swung wildly away from the LDP in 2009, in favour of the DPJ, and then back again in 2012, the voters are as volatile as ever. For the time being, the DPJ is on the ropes; it won a miserable 17 seats and now faces pressure to split or reshape itself radically. But voters could easily swing away from the LDP again in 2016, to whatever opposition grouping has formed in the meantime. These results have delivered a resounding cheer for Abenomics, but there is everything still to prove.
The most worrisome issue is, of course, constitutional reform. We'll know more about Abe's intentions if he makes a visit to Yasukuni on August 15th.

I wonder if Abe knows how to play mah-jong or fly a jet fighter.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 16:47   Link #29558
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
If Abe wants to re-write the Constitution, I say let him.

The people of Japan have the right to rule themselves. If Egypt can re-write their Constitution, why not Japan? Why should they live under rules drafted to please Americans?

You can't stop people from being themselves. I believe Japan is capable of being a peaceful nation by choice, and not by force. And America is in no position to preach peace these days.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 16:54   Link #29559
Dop
We can't stop here...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
I am kind of sad that the petition to name the royal baby "Joffrey" was not allowed.
Because that would have been brilliant.

Really, most of us British couldn't give a toss about this. The Guardian newspaper's website even had a "Republican" option to filter out all royal sprog news.
(Apparently, if you visited the site from the US it said "Not a royalist" rather than "Republican", for obvious reasons).

If it had been a girl, there would have always been the hope it might be the Lesbian Queen which Norman Tebbit feared so much.

Maybe this one could be gay, then if we haven't finally done away with this nonsense by then there could be a King and Prince on the thrones...
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 17:20   Link #29560
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
First thing that came to my mind
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.