AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-12-24, 10:05   Link #32341
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
You would not believe the length American children will go for drug abuse.
Ventolin doesn't make you stone. All it does is just open your pathways.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 17:05   Link #32342
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Schools "ban" asthma inhalers from children carrying it because of this.
The problem is specifically the carrying and usage of non-pescribed asthma inhaler.

Solution:

1. Make sure that the child DOES REALLY have a need for asthma inhaler.
2. Have a contact with the child's doctor regarding his/her condition. Have the school nurse do it.
3. Make sure that what the doctor prescribed is the one the child is using which a nurse can check.
4. Constant monitoring by both parents, school officials (teachers and school nurses) and attending doctors.

Banning is not a solution, regulation is what is need.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 17:32   Link #32343
maplehurry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post

Banning is not a solution, regulation is what is need.
Sure, that's actually my position. I was simply explaining the schools' reasoning that had not yet been mentioned at the time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by VCV
Ventolin inhalers are not considered abusable drugs as they are not addictive and not generally harmful.
Yes, it's not chemically addictive, but it can still cause a psychological dependency.

"The inherent properties of bronchodilators like albuterol (Ventolin, Proventil, ProAir) and pirbuterol (Maxair) are not physically addictive. Some patients use bronchodilators simply out of habit, even when they don't need the medicine. Such a habit could be a psychological type of addiction."

Remember when people spent so many hours on WoW back in the days? Yea...

And I still remember when I was in kindergarten age, I was "addicted" to chewing handkerchief.

Last edited by maplehurry; 2013-12-24 at 20:01.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 03:28   Link #32344
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Yes, it's not chemically addictive, but it can still cause a psychological dependency.
That has nothing to do with drugs, you can get psychologically dependent on anything. Your argument then is that children should not be allowed any food in school hours because they can become dependent on it. Children she only be allowed to eat while under medical supervision then.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 09:11   Link #32345
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
China condemns Japan PM Shinzo Abe's Yasukuni shrine visit

Whatever the domestic political motivations for this visit might be, it certainly cannot but inflame tensions between Japan and its neighbors. Presumably Abe knew this going in and chose to visit the shrine anyway.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 09:23   Link #32346
Zakoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gensokyo
Don't they do this every years ? It's like an international birthday, they say each others hello dear neighboors.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 10:29   Link #32347
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
China condemns Japan PM Shinzo Abe's Yasukuni shrine visit

Whatever the domestic political motivations for this visit might be, it certainly cannot but inflame tensions between Japan and its neighbors. Presumably Abe knew this going in and chose to visit the shrine anyway.
If people hate the shrine so much, why don't they demand that it be burned down? I mean sure it is a shrine, but the way people treat it makes it sound like some symbol of great evil or something. If you hate that shrine, go and make that shrine illegal. If that shrine is legal to exist, don't complain that people are allowed to visit the damn place.

I am just sick of people complaining about that shrine EVERY damn year. Get use to it! Or invade Japan! Make up your damn mind if you think Japanese people are evil and can't go to a shrine by their own free will or not!

Are the Japanese people not free to go anywhere they please in their own lands? Are you going to start restricting their movements now?
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 10:45   Link #32348
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Attack on reporter restores passion to Ukraine demonstrations
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9BP08D20131226

Egyptian police arrest Brotherhood supporters under anti-terror laws
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9BP03K20131226
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 11:33   Link #32349
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Don't they do this every years ? It's like an international birthday, they say each others hello dear neighboors.
The annual "**** you" from Japan, yeah. Lol.
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 11:43   Link #32350
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
The annual "**** you" from Japan, yeah. Lol.
Did they break international law? Did they sacrifice babies there? Did they in any way, did something reprehensible? No. Then let them do what they like. If you want to stop them doing something legal, maybe you should tell your government to invade Japan and take away their sovereignty. Until then, you and everyone else is just being retarded.

In fact, both sides benefit. China and Japan both stoke nationalism by this act, and both sides win. The only people being tricked are those who get mad for real, as they are the pawns who are being manipulated to shift anger overseas and ignore their own government's faults. This yearly ritual happens because Japan benefit from visiting the shrine, and China benefit by complaining about it. If China really want to stop it I am sure they can try harder, but why would they? They only complain to manipulate their own population.

This is turning into the likes of the White House Turkey pardon. To do something because the symbolism is needed, but is otherwise retarded and no one in power takes it seriously.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 17:08   Link #32351
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Did they break international law? Did they sacrifice babies there? Did they in any way, did something reprehensible? No. Then let them do what they like. If you want to stop them doing something legal, maybe you should tell your government to invade Japan and take away their sovereignty. Until then, you and everyone else is just being retarded.

In fact, both sides benefit. China and Japan both stoke nationalism by this act, and both sides win. The only people being tricked are those who get mad for real, as they are the pawns who are being manipulated to shift anger overseas and ignore their own government's faults. This yearly ritual happens because Japan benefit from visiting the shrine, and China benefit by complaining about it. If China really want to stop it I am sure they can try harder, but why would they? They only complain to manipulate their own population.

This is turning into the likes of the White House Turkey pardon. To do something because the symbolism is needed, but is otherwise retarded and no one in power takes it seriously.
You missed Korea, they feel about the same as China. And guess what, they are a American aligned democracy, so you can't demonize them. :P

Also, what could China do other than complain?

Hellfire missile the Shrine with a Drone? Like America?

Talk other nations to target Japan with brutal sanctions? Like Israel?

Suicide bombers to blow up the Shrine? Like the Palestinians?

kidnap Japanese expats in China and behead them, like the Al Quada?

One should be thankful the level of restraints China show in face of the annual fuck you from Japan.
__________________
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 17:18   Link #32352
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
One should be thankful the level of restraints China show in face of the annual fuck you from Japan.
Yes... Thanks for the restrain China shows complaining each and every year that some Japanese dudes happen to visit a shrine where, amongst a substantial number of innocents, a few war criminals are buried. Would you look at those bastard Japanese leaders going to a shrine every year. They are clearly provoking us unlike the innocent Chinese who keep claiming more and more of the South China Sea as their own. /s

Face it: this yearly show of outrage is just a very convenient way to divert attention from problems at home. Demonizing neighbours to divert attention is politics 101.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 17:31   Link #32353
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Yes... Thanks for the restrain China shows complaining each and every year that some Japanese dudes happen to visit a shrine where, amongst a substantial number of innocents, a few war criminals are buried. Would you look at those bastard Japanese leaders going to a shrine every year. They are clearly provoking us unlike the innocent Chinese who keep claiming more and more of the South China Sea as their own. /s

Face it: this yearly show of outrage is just a very convenient way to divert attention from problems at home. Demonizing neighbours to divert attention is politics 101.
The funny thing is, neither Koreans or Chinese consider anyone in that Shrine to be "innocent." Because they kind of left millions of corpses behind them as they marched on to liberate their neighbors from themselves. Those two-three dozen so called War Criminals couldn't wipe out Nanjing by themselves.

As for China "claiming" and "disputing" ownership of South China Sea, at least Tokyo isn't getting firebombed, like Shanghai did. Nor its citizens subject to Biological weapon tests, like those in Manchuria. nor are Japanese women turned into sex slaves, like those in South Korea, nor are JDF troops mass executed after capture, like the Bathum death march.

Unlike, after what Japan did over a broke railroad...
__________________
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 18:43   Link #32354
Wigwams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
If someone killed your entire family, and that guy also died... are you gonna stop that guy's family from visiting his grave? Are you gonna take offense from that?

Abe going there is most likely a political move, same with most other politicians. They calculate the risk from abroad VS reward at home. China reacting like that is what they expect and probably want?

Quote:
Eligible categories[edit]
As a general rule, the enshrined are limited to military personnel who were killed while serving Japan during armed conflicts. Civilians who were killed during a war are not included, apart from a handful of exceptions. A deceased must fall into one of the following categories for enshrinement:
Military personnel, and civilians serving for the military, who were:
killed in action, or died as a result of wounds or illnesses sustained while on duty outside the Home Islands (and within the Home Islands after September 1931)
missing and presumed to have died as a result of wounds or illnesses sustained while on duty
died as a result of war crime tribunals which have been ratified by the San Francisco Peace Treaty
Civilians who participated in combat under the military and died from resulting wounds or illnesses (includes residents of Okinawa)
Civilians who died, or are presumed to have died, in Soviet labor camps during and after the war
Civilians who were officially mobilized or volunteered (such as factory workers, mobilized students, Japanese Red Cross nurses and anti air-raid volunteers) who were killed while on duty
Crew who were killed aboard Merchant Navy vessels
Crew who were killed due to the sinking of exchange ships (e.g. Awa Maru)
Okinawan schoolchildren evacuees who were killed (e.g. the sinking of Tsushima Maru)
Officials of the governing bodies of Karafuto Prefecture, Kwantung Leased Territory, Governor-General of Korea and Governor-General of Taiwan
I guess school children are guilty too?
__________________
Wigwams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 19:05   Link #32355
maplehurry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
China condemns Japan PM Shinzo Abe's Yasukuni shrine visit

Whatever the domestic political motivations for this visit might be, it certainly cannot but inflame tensions between Japan and its neighbors. Presumably Abe knew this going in and chose to visit the shrine anyway.
China has been giving Japan the middle finger for a while now regarding recent issues, so what Abe did is understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That has nothing to do with drugs, you can get psychologically dependent on anything. Your argument then is that children should not be allowed any food in school hours because they can become dependent on it. Children she only be allowed to eat while under medical supervision then.
I am well aware of that, that's why I even pointed out that I was "addicted" to handkerchief when i was a little kid.

It's NOT an argument. Just pointing out additional information that's relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
If that shrine is legal to exist, don't complain that people are allowed to visit the damn place.
Well, even though WBC have legal right to troll some gay soldier's funeral, it seems pretty natural that many people would still complain about them.

Personally, I felt there's something questionable about the shrine when the new head priest in the 70s decided to enshrine the class A criminals secretly without notifying the emperor (when the previous head priest banned them from being enshrined there). Given the additional context that Abe's mostly silent and avoid answering when asked about Japan's past war crimes, and not even willing to admit Imperial Japan was the aggressor, it did give the other side some ground for "complain", though the other side did not articulate their complain well since PRC's goal is not to settle the argument, but to simply stroke their nationalism as you mentioned. On a side note, 54% of the Japanese also opposed their PM visiting the shrine (33% support, the rest undecided, though this result's from 2006).

Quote:
If someone killed your entire family, and that guy also died... are you gonna stop that guy's family from visiting his grave? Are you gonna take offense from that?
Nope. That's not the point. If Hitler's grave exists, I would not oppose his son visiting it, but I would question Merkel if she visits it. (though if she manages to give a satisfying answer, then I would not be bothered by it).

Last edited by maplehurry; 2013-12-26 at 20:38.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 20:22   Link #32356
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Don't they do this every years ? It's like an international birthday, they say each others hello dear neighboors.
According to the BBC story I heard, no Japanese Prime Minister has visited the shrine in seven years. That's why Abe's visit is so potentially disruptive.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 20:41   Link #32357
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
If someone killed your entire family, and that guy also died... are you gonna stop that guy's family from visiting his grave? Are you gonna take offense from that?

Abe going there is most likely a political move, same with most other politicians. They calculate the risk from abroad VS reward at home. China reacting like that is what they expect and probably want?


I guess school children are guilty too?
Guess what? They could all be alive and with grandchildren right now if the Imperial Japan choose not to bomb that railroad. Or built a separate shrine for non-combatants.

And also, I was not aware Abe had ancestors within that shrine...by going to that Shrine, as the leader of an entire country, he effectively endorse the idea Japan did a good thing by invading her neighbors.
__________________
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 20:55   Link #32358
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
You missed Korea, they feel about the same as China. And guess what, they are a American aligned democracy, so you can't demonize them. :P

Also, what could China do other than complain?

Hellfire missile the Shrine with a Drone? Like America?

Talk other nations to target Japan with brutal sanctions? Like Israel?

Suicide bombers to blow up the Shrine? Like the Palestinians?

kidnap Japanese expats in China and behead them, like the Al Quada?

One should be thankful the level of restraints China show in face of the annual fuck you from Japan.
You mnissed my point entirely. I am not demonizing China for this, I am saying both the visiting of the shrine and the complaint against it are point scoring exercises.

The Chinese leadership doesn't really CARE that the Japanese leader visited a shrine. But it is a simple way to manipulate their own population by complaining about it. And that's why it is done so often but with nothing else acchived. The complaint is just a way to control the Chinese people, nothing more. And any Chinese or China supporters who get fired up about this are actually the ones being treated like fools.

You really think the Chinese leaders care? Really?
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 21:08   Link #32359
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
If someone killed your entire family, and that guy also died... are you gonna stop that guy's family from visiting his grave? Are you gonna take offense from that?
According to some people? Yes

Are they playing into others hands? Yes

Does it make them feel pleasured to do so? Yes
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 22:20   Link #32360
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You mnissed my point entirely. I am not demonizing China for this, I am saying both the visiting of the shrine and the complaint against it are point scoring exercises.

The Chinese leadership doesn't really CARE that the Japanese leader visited a shrine. But it is a simple way to manipulate their own population by complaining about it. And that's why it is done so often but with nothing else acchived. The complaint is just a way to control the Chinese people, nothing more. And any Chinese or China supporters who get fired up about this are actually the ones being treated like fools.

You really think the Chinese leaders care? Really?

How do you know they don't care? Actually, they do. Do you know who the Chinese respect the most? Elderly. Do you know what the Elderly tend to remember? Their formative years of watching their family dying from Japanese made bioweapons, bombs, and bullets. Even today people still found Chemical weapon shells in Northern Machuria.

And in return, those "Old folks" tell exactly what they think of the Japanese. When Japan and China first established relationships, thousands of people in China took it to the streets. The town where my grandmother lived, a major coal town in China, people took to the streets to express their displeasure and almost burned down half of the city, and the government had to use the PLA and a ton of BS propgranda to convince people not to...well, overthrown the CCP for being nice to murderous Japanese.

To be honest, the current level of hatred Chinese have actually is far lower than 70's and 80s. That is when the direct survivors of the War are in control of the government. Now days, it is their sons & daughters, who didn't experience to massacre first hand/were toddlers when it happened. Someday, maybe it will fade into myths and legends generations later, but not right now.

So open hatred of Japan is actually a popular, and democratic opinion, not a CCP manipulation.

Regarding Dayiu Island, the CCP don't even need to manipulate, they just have the neutrally report "Japan is claiming the same Island as we do" and you will have a couple hundred million people online demand for boycott and war. Going to that stupid Shrine grantee to inflame the rest.
__________________
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.