AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-09-04, 21:32   Link #8921
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Or because private schools are full of the children of parents who care about education, while public schools are used as a free daycare center.
Well maybe the fact that there are lot more kids going to public school hence statistically there will be more parents who doesn't care. Not really fair to compare the two.
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 21:35   Link #8922
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Well maybe the fact that there are lot more kids going to public school hence statistically there will be more parents who doesn't care. Not really fair to compare the two.
/Agree most of the parents who send their kids to public schools sometimes do not give a single care about what there grades will be. But there are still some parents who care for their kids, but cannot send them to private schools for some reasons..

Or atleast thats what I think..
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 21:55   Link #8923
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Honestly to say that private school kids are a result of of parents who care perfectly about having a good education for their children isn't really even completely true. As a private school graduate I can easily say that, yes while sometimes private schools generally have better education quality than the average public school, a hell of parents still don't give a flying fuck what their children do or what they accomplish. A lot of my classmates still ended up in bad colleges with courses they hate because they couldn't find a course anywhere, and a few never made it into college at all.

At least one was sent to hail for blue collar crime, and another for white collar crime.

I would say that for parents who don't really care for good education, the prestige of being a private school graduate is what they really care about.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 23:07   Link #8924
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Well let's not forget that private schools are selective, they are able to pick and choose students unlike public schools where they have to cater to all students in their district, they can't bus, and the only way they can, is if it's sanctioned by the school board to promote diversity. Really your looking at two different sets of parameters, plus not to mention complete different entry systems.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 03:16   Link #8925
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Well maybe the fact that there are lot more kids going to public school hence statistically there will be more parents who doesn't care. Not really fair to compare the two.
Well, yeah. My point is that the populations aren't really the same (for that factor and others), and thus the results shouldn't be compared without taking a boatload of precautions, if at all.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 07:40   Link #8926
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 19
well in NSW Australia we also have selective public high schools that you have to sit a few tests for, and also get a mark from your primary school teachers...lol.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 19:03   Link #8927
AnimeFan188
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Report: Iran pays $1,000 for each U.S. soldier killed by the Taliban

"Iran is paying Taliban fighters $1,000 for each U.S. soldier they kill in Afghanistan,
according to a report in a British newspaper.

The Sunday Times described how a man it said was a "Taliban treasurer" had gone
to collect $18,000 from an Iranian firm in Kabul, a reward it said was for an attack in
July which killed several Afghan government troops and destroyed an American
armored vehicle.

The treasurer left with the cash hidden in a sack of flour, the newspaper said, and
then gave it to Taliban fighters in the province of Wardak. In the past six months,
the treasurer claimed to have collected more than $77,000 from the company.

The Sunday Times said its investigation had found that at least five Kabul-based
Iranian companies were secretly passing funds to the Taliban."

See:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39014669..._central_asia/
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:07   Link #8928
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Roanapur
Send a message via AIM to mindovermatter Send a message via MSN to mindovermatter Send a message via Yahoo to mindovermatter
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
"Iran is paying Taliban fighters $1,000 for each U.S. soldier they kill in Afghanistan,
according to a report in a British newspaper.

The Sunday Times described how a man it said was a "Taliban treasurer" had gone
to collect $18,000 from an Iranian firm in Kabul, a reward it said was for an attack in
July which killed several Afghan government troops and destroyed an American
armored vehicle.

The treasurer left with the cash hidden in a sack of flour, the newspaper said, and
then gave it to Taliban fighters in the province of Wardak. In the past six months,
the treasurer claimed to have collected more than $77,000 from the company.

The Sunday Times said its investigation had found that at least five Kabul-based
Iranian companies were secretly passing funds to the Taliban."

See:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39014669..._central_asia/
oh, I get it now, the Doonesbury comic from today
__________________

School Rumble 4Ever!
I'm on FB search "jym cl"
mindovermatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 02:08   Link #8929
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
"Iran is paying Taliban fighters $1,000 for each U.S. soldier they kill in Afghanistan,
according to a report in a British newspaper.

The Sunday Times described how a man it said was a "Taliban treasurer" had gone
to collect $18,000 from an Iranian firm in Kabul, a reward it said was for an attack in
July which killed several Afghan government troops and destroyed an American
armored vehicle.

The treasurer left with the cash hidden in a sack of flour, the newspaper said, and
then gave it to Taliban fighters in the province of Wardak. In the past six months,
the treasurer claimed to have collected more than $77,000 from the company.

The Sunday Times said its investigation had found that at least five Kabul-based
Iranian companies were secretly passing funds to the Taliban."

See:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39014669..._central_asia/
and this is a surprise ?
they finance and support insurgent groups everywhere (Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Yemen, Bahrain, Lebanon, the Palestinian territories, and probably in other places i forgot.)
there's an entire military division of the Iraq army dedicated specifically for that purpose (Quds force)
of course they would by trying to motivate those groups to attack their (Iran's) enemies.
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 09:18   Link #8930
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
and this is a surprise ?
they finance and support insurgent groups everywhere (Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Yemen, Bahrain, Lebanon, the Palestinian territories, and probably in other places i forgot.)
there's an entire military division of the Iraq army dedicated specifically for that purpose (Quds force)
of course they would by trying to motivate those groups to attack their (Iran's) enemies.
Let's overthrow them AGAIN!!!! WHOOO that seemed to worked out great last time.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 09:51   Link #8931
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Let's overthrow them AGAIN!!!! WHOOO that seemed to worked out great last time.
when ?
1953 ?

you don't need to overthrow them.
in the middle east, a weakened tyrant is always preferable to a dead one.
thats why Saddam was left in power after the gulf war (and why removing him was a stupid idea)
and thats why Assad is allowed to remain in control of Syria.
a weakened tyrant can still maintain order within his own surroundings, where as killing them needlessly shuffles the cards.

the basic american foreign policy mistake in that regard.
trying to replace the old tyrants with new "pro-american" ones.
it doesn't matter who rules a country.
it just matters that they remember what you did to the guy who acted against your interests.
other then that, who cares.
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 11:43   Link #8932
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Zero tolerance?

US Muslims are free but that's not enough, argues Michael Goldfarb
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 12:21   Link #8933
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Muslims everywhere will never be free as long as they treat their god as a master of a huge BDSM rally, where they will be whipped and cut and bound for various reasons, such as not killing an infidel, etc.

It is important to have some moderation. Allah is praised as the most merciful, shouldn't they just bloody trust in his mercy, do some good to aid his other creations (namely human beings from other races) and see everyone else as an equal?

It is already stated in the Quran that "even if the person has a small atom of goodness in him, he shall be spared from Allah's wrath". So who decides on the size of the atom? It is obvious that these extremists are taking things beyond what their religion has indicted and "played into the hands of the Dijjal".
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 16:52   Link #8934
flying ^
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Afghanistan protests over Florida pastor Terry Jones' plans to burn Korans on Sept. 11 anniversary

In America people can essentially burn whatever they want, US flag, Bibles, effigies of political figures, therefore the Koran is fair game. Not saying it's a good thing, but we Americans seem to desecrate everything else (really). This is an equal opportunity burning country.
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 19:32   Link #8935
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
Afghanistan protests over Florida pastor Terry Jones' plans to burn Korans on Sept. 11 anniversary

In America people can essentially burn whatever they want, US flag, Bibles, effigies of political figures, therefore the Koran is fair game. Not saying it's a good thing, but we Americans seem to desecrate everything else (really). This is an equal opportunity burning country.
yet you cant build a mosque at ground zero because "it's hallowed ground" see the irony in the situtation, as long as it's freedom of speech against non christian faith then everything is good.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 19:57   Link #8936
flying ^
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
sigh

Why do people insist on calling that a G-zero mosque. It's more like a muslim-inspired YMCA center.
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 20:41   Link #8937
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
sigh

Why do people insist on calling that a G-zero mosque. It's more like a muslim-inspired YMCA center.
By controlling the language of the debate, opponents of the project can get more support then they'd otherwise have.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 20:43   Link #8938
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
By controlling the language of the debate, opponents of the project can get more support then they'd otherwise have.
it's easier saying gzero than saying it's 2blocks away in a abandoned burlington coat factory, muslim outreach community center, true it's a war of words, but facts should be the pertinent factor right? RIGHT? Ugh the world we live in. As Dr. Farnsworth said " I don't want to live on this planet anymore."
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 02:15   Link #8939
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
it's easier saying gzero than saying it's 2blocks away in a abandoned burlington coat factory, muslim outreach community center, true it's a war of words, but facts should be the pertinent factor right? RIGHT? Ugh the world we live in. As Dr. Farnsworth said " I don't want to live on this planet anymore."
The opposing party doesn't care about facts, as that will not get people to vote for, or at the very least support them (with money). Once the people's berserk button is pressed, their rationality flies out the window and if you can play onto those gut feelings by saying what they want to hear (even if it's completely false or only partially true), you pretty much got them eating out of your hand.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 14:51   Link #8940
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
Suicides and Depression cost Japan $32bn last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
The government in Japan says suicides and depression cost its economy almost 2.7tn yen ($32bn; 21bn) last year.

The figures refer to lost incomes and the cost of treatment. It is the first time Japan has released such figures.

Japan has one of the world's highest suicide rates, with more than 32,000 people killing themselves last year. PM Naoto Kan sees it as proof of an economic and emotional downturn.

The government is setting up a task force to try to reduce the rate.

From Friday, it will run a video clip of a footballer from the J-league on its website, urging people to be more aware of the problem.
Data from the World Health Organization placed Japan fourth in terms of overall suicide rates, behind three ex-Soviet nations, Belarus, Lithuania, and Kazakhstan. Korea ranks eighth. Both Korea and Japan have unusually high female suicide rates, averaging about 14 suicides per 100,000 women. Only the People's Republic of China reports comparable suicide rates for women.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.