AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-29, 04:58   Link #10141
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
All the more reason for them to link the attack on the professors on the US and anyone else who wants the program dismantled. It really could've been anyone and Iran's biggest enemy right now is the US and Israel.
Iranian opposition groups (Like Jundalla) have been pretty active as of late.
just recently, they kidnapped another nuclear scientist.

the low tech level of the attack, suggests that it could be them.
after all, using explosives indicates that you want to make a very loud statement.
western intel agencies (who risk starting a war) tend to be more discrete about it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Is there anyone ( outside Iran of course) than want Iran to have Nuclear weapon ? (and please don't say Republican, for getting a reason to bomb them )
Syria would profit from having its patron become a nuclear power.
the various proxy groups (Hezbollah, Hamas, Islamic jihad) would also profit.
generally speaking though, most people understand that an openly nuclear state in the middle east changes things forever.
and not in a good way.
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 05:03   Link #10142
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
Iranian opposition groups (Like Jundalla) have been pretty active as of late.
just recently, they kidnapped another nuclear scientist.

the low tech level of the attack, suggests that it could be them.
after all, using explosives indicates that you want to make a very loud statement.
western intel agencies (who risk starting a war) tend to be more discrete about it.
That would make sense if there was evidence that the professors were in fact involved in any nuclear program. The article itself states that it isn't known if this is true.

Quote:
The report did not say whether the two university teachers were directly involved in the country's highly controversial nuclear program.
Because of this, I feel that the Iranian government are being quick to grab an excuse to blame someone and ask for trouble. It really could've been anyone, and the professors may well have been attacked by students who knew how to construct bombs, and they can be easy to make. What you're saying could also be right, but there's just not enough indication that it could've been them except the word of the victim. There's just not enough proof to back that claim just yet however.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 05:07   Link #10143
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
That would make sense if there was evidence that the professors were in fact involved in any nuclear program. The article itself states that it isn't known if this is true.



Because of this, I feel that the Iranian government are being quick to grab an excuse to blame someone and ask for trouble. It really could've been anyone, and the professors may well have been attacked by students who knew how to construct bombs, and they can be easy to make. What you're saying could also be right, but there's just not enough indication that it could've been them except the word of the victim. There's just not enough proof to back that claim just yet however.
like i said.
Iran has "Blame Israel" as a hotkey. (Ctrl F.U)
its the default response to anything bad that happens ever.
and its especially useful when no other clues are available.
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 05:15   Link #10144
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
like i said.
Iran has "Blame Israel" as a hotkey. (Ctrl F.U)
its the default response to anything bad that happens ever.
and its especially useful when no other clues are available.
But wouldn't they use gun insted of bomb?
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 05:19   Link #10145
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
But wouldn't they use gun insted of bomb?
Guns are more expensive. You can produce explosives in your own backyard given that you have the right things for it, and those materials are much cheaper to obtain compared to firearms.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 05:28   Link #10146
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Guns are more expensive. You can produce explosives in your own backyard given that you have the right things for it, and those materials are much cheaper to obtain compared to firearms.
... which would fit amateur, but I was talking about Israel.
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 05:31   Link #10147
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
... which would fit amateur, but I was talking about Israel.
Well, if it really was Israel, they would want to make a public show out of the attack, as bladeofdarkness mentioned. It suits their style on top of everything else.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 06:10   Link #10148
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Well, if it really was Israel, they would want to make a public show out of the attack, as bladeofdarkness mentioned. It suits their style on top of everything else.
actually, if it was Mossad, it would likely be more discreet.
using explosives is great when the target is someone who very clearly has it coming (see, Imad murniya, the Munich massacre planers, etc).
in those cases, you WANT to make a show of it.

but if the target is a civilian who just happens to work for the wrong guy, the rules change.
killing civilians is generally bad press.
there is no shortage of "natural" ways in which people can find their deaths (car crushes, heart attacks, people just disappearing, etc).
choosing a method like explosives makes it clear that it was murder.
and that the killer knew what they were doing (I.e, it wasn't a robbery gone bad)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 06:15   Link #10149
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
actually, if it was Mossad, it would likely be more discreet.
using explosives is great when the target is someone who very clearly has it coming (see, Imad murniya, the Munich massacre planers, etc).
in those cases, you WANT to make a show of it.

but if the target is a civilian who just happens to work for the wrong guy, the rules change.
killing civilians is generally bad press.
there is no shortage of "natural" ways in which people can find their deaths (car crushes, heart attacks, people just disappearing, etc).
choosing a method like explosives makes it clear that it was murder.
and that the killer knew what they were doing (I.e, it wasn't a robbery gone bad)
That's generally the point I'm trying to make. The attack was too unrefined for the reasons you said, so I highly doubt it was any intelligence agency, either from Israel, the US or what have you. It was more likely to be either insurgents from Iran, internally, what have you, or unsatisfied students. Considering the hit and run tactic, I find it more likely to be the latter but I could be wrong.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 06:19   Link #10150
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
That's generally the point I'm trying to make. The attack was too unrefined for the reasons you said, so I highly doubt it was any intelligence agency, either from Israel, the US or what have you. It was more likely to be either insurgents from Israel, internally, what have you, or unsatisfied students.
wait... what ?
israel doesn't have insurgents.
and israel doesn't have a border with Iran for insurgents to operate out of.
hell, israel doesn't even have a border with anyone who DOES have a border with iran.
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 06:22   Link #10151
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
wait... what ?
israel doesn't have insurgents.
and israel doesn't have a border with Iran for insurgents to operate out of.
hell, israel doesn't even have a border with anyone who DOES have a border with iran.
Oh, sorry about that, I meant to write Iran there, not Israel
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 06:23   Link #10152
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Oh, sorry about that, I meant to write Iran there, not Israel
s'all right
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 13:07   Link #10153
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Afghan police officer kills 6 NATO troops
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1816952/
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 14:13   Link #10154
Noctis Lucis
It's how you think.
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Anywhere.
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Great! First Aunt Marge is the "Iron Lady", then now Aunt Angie is the "Teflon Lady"!

So after which metal what will the next female prime minister be named?
It will be Julia Gillard of Australia. Now, it needs to be reddish-brown, like her hair. Does remind one of Ennis from Baccano!. I know. Copper Lady!
Noctis Lucis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 16:57   Link #10155
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
But wouldn't they use gun insted of bomb?
You have to hide the gun after shooting that asshole. Besides having a bomb means you can detonate it from a distance where nobody knows. You can even "greyout" in a crowd and detonate it.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 17:02   Link #10156
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You have to hide the gun after shooting that asshole. Besides having a bomb means you can detonate it from a distance where nobody knows. You can even "greyout" in a crowd and detonate it.
Or hidding the fact than you targeted one by killing many, shifting the focus of the investigation after the fact ?
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 17:11   Link #10157
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Afghan police officer kills 6 NATO troops
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1816952/
So Afghan is trying to tell the NATO troops to get away from them basically?
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: TheEroKing
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 18:08   Link #10158
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
So Afghan is trying to tell the NATO troops to get away from them basically?
No, its more like someone paid that afghan police officer more money than NATO or the afghan government. Almost every valley has its own war lord, you can have good relations with a war lord in the valley where you are stationed, and 50km away you are facing a war lord who is hostile to you (maybe covered - maybe because you destroyed his precious poppies). Anyway, what I wanted to say is, that Afghanistan is split into myriads of factions. So, to speak of a unified afghan will/message is a naiv assumption at best.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 18:33   Link #10159
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
No, its more like someone paid that afghan police officer more money than NATO or the afghan government. Almost every valley has its own war lord, you can have good relations with a war lord in the valley where you are stationed, and 50km away you are facing a war lord who is hostile to you (maybe covered - maybe because you destroyed his precious poppies). Anyway, what I wanted to say is, that Afghanistan is split into myriads of factions. So, to speak of a unified afghan will/message is a naiv assumption at best.
Oh, so that explains things more clearly, especially with trying to find out the identity of the person who shot the 6 soldiers. Thank you for the info Jinto
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: TheEroKing
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 20:34   Link #10160
flying ^
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
It really is kind of irrational how Assange is publicizing how he's making these massive leaks...but he leaks so much stuff that actually dramatic revelations are overshadowed under the mundane or obvious.

this latest round of leaks actually kinda blows up in the face of ASSange.
it is widely believed he released these latest documents to try and prevent what he thinks is an impending military action against iran by the US by showing how the US is being driven by the israelis to act. the leaks instead show that the a-rab countries are the ones that are by far the largest group trying to get the US to take immediate action and are more threatened by the prospect of a nuclear armed iran and forcing a nuclear arms race than the israelis are. the leaks hav also showed that iran has no intent on negotiating. if anything, these leaks give more incentive to support military action to stop iran from getting nuclear weapons and that the a-rabs (except lebenon and syria) would support the US 100%, heck they'd even let israel fly through their airspace if israelis were going to bomb the nuclear facilities.
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.