AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-05-11, 16:34   Link #13621
AnimeFan188
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Find Out if You’re a Target in the Biggest U.S. BitTorrent Lawsuit Ever

"More than 23,000 people will soon be notified by their internet service providers
that their subscriber information is being turned over to lawyers suing over the
2010 Sylvester Stallone flick The Expendables.

As we first reported Monday, the case is the largest BitTorrent file-sharing lawsuit
in U.S. history.

We just updated our IP Detective tool with the 23,322 IP addresses targeted
between Feb. 5 and April 22 in the mass lawsuit filed by the Washington-based
U.S. Copyright Group on behalf of Nu Image."

See:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...wsuit-checker/
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 20:14   Link #13622
mechabao
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
After approving NBC buyout, FCC Commish becomes Comcast lobbyist

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/n...t-lobbyist.ars

Quote:
Meredith Attwell Baker, one of the two Republican Commissioners at the Federal Communications Commission, plans to step down—and right into a top lobbying job at Comcast-NBC.

The news, reported this afternoon by the Wall Street Journal, The Hill, and Politico, comes after the hugely controversial merger of Comcast and NBC earlier this year. At the time, Baker objected to FCC attempts to impose conditions on the deal and argued that the "complex and significant transaction" could "bring exciting benefits to consumers that outweigh potential harms."
mechabao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 21:20   Link #13623
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Forbes Predicts U.S. Gold Standard Within 5 Years

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=43439
Not going to happen. There isn't enough gold to match the wealth of the world; Forbes is probably printing the article to drive up market prices.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 22:04   Link #13624
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechabao View Post
And that's why our government system is doomed, because the corporate/regulatory revolving door hijacking is complete. Every agency has been co-opted this way.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 22:57   Link #13625
Tom Bombadil
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Not going to happen. There isn't enough gold to match the wealth of the world; Forbes is probably printing the article to drive up market prices.
On this rare occasion, I actually agree with you.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 23:19   Link #13626
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
On this rare occasion, I actually agree with you.
Lol I appreciate that. Though I doubt anybody else is going to hold the same opinion anyway - the BUY GOLD SELL USD/EURO/GBP rally is still going on in many brokerages and exchanges around the world.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 02:15   Link #13627
flying ^
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
look who's baaAAaack

(... with a new name of course)

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/201...-holders.shtml
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/201...bly-ugly.shtml
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 02:37   Link #13628
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
I don't understand...what's back?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 02:39   Link #13629
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I don't understand...what's back?
A revamped, suped up version of COICA, and the instrument to strip us further of our right of knowledge
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 02:57   Link #13630
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Oh. I thought he meant a website or something because he's said "who's" which made we wary of looking since there have been places that have caused problems (IP or legal) in the last few months.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 02:59   Link #13631
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Though I doubt anybody else is going to hold the same opinion anyway - the BUY GOLD SELL USD/EURO/GBP rally is still going on in many brokerages and exchanges around the world.
Here are a few more articles/op-eds on the trend towards gold.

What do you think about gold and silver coins being proposed as SC tender?

http://www.midlandsconnect.com/news/...aspx?id=616413

Utah House Passes Bill Recognizing Gold, Silver as Legal Tender

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...-legal-tender/

Methinks that a lot of this is due to the dollar's decline.
Perhaps the market reaction to the volatility in the dollar is what is driving states to take precautions.

Dollar in graver danger than the euro

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/451b5a2e-7...#axzz1M7ejwHEc
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 03:51   Link #13632
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Here are a few more articles/op-eds on the trend towards gold.

What do you think about gold and silver coins being proposed as SC tender?

http://www.midlandsconnect.com/news/...aspx?id=616413

Utah House Passes Bill Recognizing Gold, Silver as Legal Tender

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...-legal-tender/

Methinks that a lot of this is due to the dollar's decline.
Perhaps the market reaction to the volatility in the dollar is what is driving states to take precautions.

Dollar in graver danger than the euro

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/451b5a2e-7...#axzz1M7ejwHEc
Erm no. It is just "that time of the year again" (pattern trading). Btw, gold will probably start sliding, but some currency will take over the Euro/USD because paper money has more liquidity than gold or any other precious metal.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 04:09   Link #13633
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Erm no. It is just "that time of the year again" (pattern trading). Btw, gold will probably start sliding, but some currency will take over the Euro/USD because paper money has more liquidity than gold or any other precious metal.
What would your guess be? I wouldn't really bet on the GBP despite its strength relative to those you mentioned.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 04:36   Link #13634
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
At least 10 dead after earthquakes in southern Spain
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2018488/
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 10:32   Link #13635
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Erm no. It is just "that time of the year again" (pattern trading). Btw, gold will probably start sliding, but some currency will take over the Euro/USD because paper money has more liquidity than gold or any other precious metal.
Well, then you'd better give the world banks a ring SaintessHeart.

Morning Note: Gold Replacing Dollar as World’s Reserve Currency?
http://www.cnbc.com/id/42250806/Morn...serve_Currency

Oh, and on another note.

Scientists Discover Bedbugs Carrying MRSA Germ In Study
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/05/...germ-in-study/
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 10:36   Link #13636
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Well, then you'd better give the world banks a ring SaintessHeart.

Morning Note: Gold Replacing Dollar as World’s Reserve Currency?
http://www.cnbc.com/id/42250806/Morn...serve_Currency
Let's wait maybe 3-4 years. Those who bought gold, will be the sad men holding the sack. Gold is mined and hoarded, not used - and there isn't enough to back the entire world's stock exchange; in fact, it is the bloody most dangerous thing any economy, or IMF, can do at this day and age. The Bretton Woods agreement was broken and there is no going back.

I think I won't put my money with the banks that hoard gold. Though if all the banks are doing that, I worry for the world economy. China's inflation isn't slowing down, commodity prices are soaring and practically everyone is in panic mode.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 10:55   Link #13637
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Forbes Predicts U.S. Gold Standard Within 5 Years

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=43439

Potatoes before Gold.

Food before useless piece of metal.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 11:07   Link #13638
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Let's wait maybe 3-4 years. Those who bought gold, will be the sad men holding the sack. Gold is mined and hoarded, not used - and there isn't enough to back the entire world's stock exchange; in fact, it is the bloody most dangerous thing any economy, or IMF, can do at this day and age. The Bretton Woods agreement was broken and there is no going back.

I think I won't put my money with the banks that hoard gold. Though if all the banks are doing that, I worry for the world economy. China's inflation isn't slowing down, commodity prices are soaring and practically everyone is in panic mode.
I'm not saying you're wrong SaintessHeart.
I'm saying that countries are moving towards gold as a reserve currency out of fear.
Whether that fear is justified or just hyped by gold investors remains to be seen.

Unfortunately, the fear is very real and even the US GAO (Government Accounting Office) is suggesting going back to physical copper, silver, and gold pieces (which I do not support) rather than just a dollar backed by precious metals (I do support that).

http://consumerist.com/2011/03/gao-t...ith-coins.html


I agree with you that China's inflation is troublesome.
They have also been making a move towards increasing their gold and silver reserves for a little over a year now.

China's Switch from Dollar Reserves to Gold
http://www.energyandcapital.com/arti...-reserves/1164

Makes me wonder how long this will last?
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 14:00   Link #13639
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
At least 10 dead after earthquakes in southern Spain
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2018488/

it is only a 5.2, how does someone die form a 5.2 EQ?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 14:12   Link #13640
Haak
Come At Me Bro.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 24
Because it was closer to the surface, I think.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/7nitfum.gif
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.