AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-01-30, 22:05   Link #1421
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
This is the thing with fertility treatment.
The implants of 2,3,4 embroys to 'increase' the chances is all nice in theory, but doctors/laws should consider allowing mothers 3 tries on a once price deal, rather than literally laying all eggs in one basket to raise the chances of conceiving first time.
The extreme end result ends up like this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7860041.stm

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 11:23   Link #1422
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
yesterday tony blair had this to say about the middle east peace process
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...664497,00.html
Quote:
Blair encourages Hamas involvement
Quartet's envoy to Middle East says Hamas should be part of peace process in region, but adds Hamas must do so 'on the right terms'
now we have the hamas's answer
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...664575,00.html
Quote:
Hamas: Blair's statements 'stupid'
Despite touting Quartet envoy's statements that Hamas must be involved in Middle East peace process as proof of Europe's recognition of its power, Hamas outright rejects Blair's theory and the man himself as 'stupid and foolish'
Old 2009-01-31, 14:11   Link #1423
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

I am not sure that Blair is the right person to guide a peace process. This is like asking Bush to play the middle man in conflicts all around the world, when it is clear that he favors one side over the other. I think his words would have more weight if they were spoken by a honest and trustable person, instead of by Bush's British twin. Add to that Britains' long running divide and conquer strategy in Middle East, those words become a scratching noise, just like the words spoken by Hamas.
Old 2009-01-31, 19:59   Link #1424
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
yesterday tony blair had this to say about the middle east peace process
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...664497,00.html

now we have the hamas's answer
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...664575,00.html
You are right, yet you are wrong. If it weren't for Blair's foolishness, why is it so peaceful in the Gaza strip now? This sort of peace was almost non-existent a month ago, am I not correct?
Old 2009-01-31, 20:40   Link #1425
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
You are right, yet you are wrong. If it weren't for Blair's foolishness, why is it so peaceful in the Gaza strip now? This sort of peace was almost non-existent a month ago, am I not correct ?
it was hamas who called him foolish
and Blairr has nothing to do with the corrent cease-fire
hamas is keeping their head down becouse they dont want to risk another round of fighting
how did you figure that Blair is in any way responsible for it ?
Old 2009-01-31, 22:21   Link #1426
Shadow Kira01

Scores killed in Kenya oil fire

Over 50 people died in a tragic car accident today in the hometown of Obama. How sad, may them rest in peace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
it was hamas who called him foolish
and Blairr has nothing to do with the corrent cease-fire
hamas is keeping their head down becouse they dont want to risk another round of fighting
how did you figure that Blair is in any way responsible for it ?
My bad. I guess that previous post was unclear. Blair certainly has nothing to do with the cease-fire. There was a cease-fire because Israel wanted to show some respect to Obama before his inauguration.
Old 2009-02-01, 00:44   Link #1427
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

Quote:
My bad. I guess that previous post was unclear. Blair certainly has nothing to do with the cease-fire. There was a cease-fire because Israel wanted to show some respect to Obama before his inauguration.
I think it is more like Israel wanted to use the lame-duck opportunity until Obama's inaugaration to do whatever they wanted with no consequence. I don't really consider this opportunistic attitude as respect. If they had wanted to show respect, they would have waited for him to become a President and see what he would do before starting such an aggressive attack.

Maybe this was the idea given to Israel by the neo-whatevers around Obama (as if you want to gain favor of Obama do this and that until he becomes the President). But, it doen't change many people's opinions that Israel actually used Obama, the situation in US to their favor.
Old 2009-02-01, 02:50   Link #1428
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Maybe this was the idea given to Israel by the neo-whatevers around Obama (as if you want to gain favor of Obama do this and that until he becomes the President). But, it doen't change many people's opinions that Israel actually used Obama, the situation in US to their favor.
Objection! Conspiracy theory alert.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 02:57   Link #1429
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Objection! Conspiracy theory alert.
With such accurate scheduling, even God would have problems in persuading people to believe that no contact or planning happened beforehand. Still, you are right. I am just telling what I heard, somewhere deep in my mind.
Old 2009-02-02, 02:50   Link #1430
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone

Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Petrol tanker overturns after accident, people rush to siphon off some free fuel. Tanker explodes, many killed.

Quote:
AT least 111 people died in Kenya when an overturned petrol tanker exploded as people swarmed over it to scoop up leaking fuel in one of the country's worst accidents, officials said today.

Bodies charred beyond recognition were strewn across the road as emergency services struggled to cope with casualties. The injured were rushed to hospitals all over the country. Extra body bags also had to be sent from the capital and the government made an urgent appeal for blood donations.

Quote:
Earlier reports suggested that the fire was ignited by bullet friction when a policeman - among the security officers who rushed to the accident scene - fired warning shots in the air to disperse the crowd.

Many witnesses, however, say that a person - among those charred in the inferno - started the fire after security officers demanded fee from those scavenging the spilled oil.

“I heard one of the victims saying that he will avenge the police fee by starting a fire. I left the scene fearing for my life and moments later I heard the big explosion,” an eyewitness noted.
Sources:

news.com.au
CTV.ca
Press TV
__________________________________________________ _______

It's just terrible...

Anyway, it's my first time posting here. I hope this qualifies as a news story.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2009-02-02 at 18:42.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 15:52   Link #1431
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

^ Yup, that qualifies as a news story. Fairly tragic, not just because of the people killed in the explosion, but also because they were swarming the petrol tanker for free fuel. Imagine the kind of poverty that would inspire such desperation.

YouTube: Crisis a boon to online video ads
Quote:
Davos (Jan 30): The online video advertising market will emerge a winner from the global economic downturn as firms seek cheaper and more precise ways to promote their products, YouTube's co-founder said last Friday (Jan 30).

Mr Chad Hurley, chief executive of the business which is now owned by Google Inc, said rapid growth in demand for online video meant his website was tapping larger and more commercially-valuable audiences.

He said the site received more than 15 hours of video content every minute and the rate of postings continued to rise. "The market for online video is reaching critical mass. Some of these audiences are similar in size to what you can reach in television programming," he told a panel at the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum.

"In a world like today, where we have an economic crisis, people are making smarter decisions about how they are spending their money," he said.

"They are going to move it from something (television) that isn't as measurable...and get it in front of an audience of the same size for a fraction of the cost."

Overall advertising spending is expected to fall significantly this year as global recession bites but digital content should hold up better than traditional media, Mr Maurice Levy, chief executive of French advertising group Publicis, told Reuters earlier this week.

- REUTERS
I get the feeling that 2009 may well be the turning point for online versus traditional media. As I've already noted in my earlier post on the dire fate facing America's ailing newspapers, advertisers have already been shifting away from print, radio and TV in the past few years. And now, the economic crisis may just help to accelerate the imminent sea change.

Take a look at the other signs, especially at anime distribution models. In the past quarter alone, we've begun to see the first significant signs of studios using streaming video to distribute and sell anime, on websites such as Crunchyroll.

We live in interesting times. As the Chinese would say, in crises there are also opportunities.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 22:20   Link #1432
Shadow Kira01

North Korea Preparing to Launch Long-Range Missile, Sankei Says

It seems that North Korea is preparing to take action, since the United States will be taking a diplomatic approach towards all previously labelled as hostile undemocratic nations. Just a few days ago, North Korea had made a final decision of scrapping all previous political and military agreements with South Korea, which technically ends the cease-fire agreement signed decades ago. And more recently.. North Korea preparing to launch a Taepodong-2 long range missile that is capable of carrying a nuclear warhead and the deadly missile will be fired within 2 months of time. This definitely doesn't look good!

Perhaps, the American troops that are dispatched to Iraq will end up getting dispatched over to Korea next since a member of the "Axis of Evil" is now taking an uncooperative and aggressive attitude amidst the improving situation of the six-party talks. How pitiful..
Old 2009-02-02, 22:48   Link #1433
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I keep watching China on this matter. Their mood keeps evolving on their unpredictable "neighbor" and isn't in North Korea's favor.

It is really kind of sad - this infantile cycle of temper tantrums and "Hey, I'm important! (brandish, brandish)"
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 06:49   Link #1434
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I keep watching China on this matter. Their mood keeps evolving on their unpredictable "neighbor" and isn't in North Korea's favor.
They're ashamed to have such a "comrade", like Lenin on Stalin. Seriously, I think other than NK and Russia, everyone's more on less on the same side now.
Old 2009-02-03, 06:50   Link #1435
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone

Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
^ Yup, that qualifies as a news story. Fairly tragic, not just because of the people killed in the explosion, but also because they were swarming the petrol tanker for free fuel. Imagine the kind of poverty that would inspire such desperation.
Even more shocking is this news which implies that the fire might have been started deliberately.

Man started fire after arguing with police

Quote:
North Korea Preparing to Launch Long-Range Missile, Sankei Says

It seems that North Korea is preparing to take action, since the United States will be taking a diplomatic approach towards all previously labelled as hostile undemocratic nations. Just a few days ago, North Korea had made a final decision of scrapping all previous political and military agreements with South Korea, which technically ends the cease-fire agreement signed decades ago. And more recently.. North Korea preparing to launch a Taepodong-2 long range missile that is capable of carrying a nuclear warhead and the deadly missile will be fired within 2 months of time. This definitely doesn't look good!
It looks as if the North is trying to provoke the South into a confrontation, definitely won't end well if the South does get provoked.

North Korea Ditches Nonagression Pact

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2009-02-03 at 08:34.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 09:11   Link #1436
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Seriously, I think other than NK and Russia, everyone's more on less on the same side now.
True, only if this side is their own side. There is still few ''alliances'' but pretty much everyone follow their own goal.

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 15:38   Link #1437
Shadow Kira01

Hamas Chief Thanks Iran for Support While on Regional Tour

Iran as decided to provide the Hamas with all-out support which deems to be problematic for Israel and the success of the first satellite launch has induced grave concerns into the Americans because this type of technology indicates that Iran is now capable of destroying Israel at ease, especially that Iran had prohibited the United Nations to check their nuclear developing facilities may imply that Iran possibly have nuclear warheads ready.

On the other hand, the Iranian president has also demanded the Obama Administration to apologize to the people of Iran for war-related crimes, while Obama had just previously apologized to the Arab world that the Americans are not enemies of the Muslim. This seems to be getting more and more complicated. After what Obama had previously said to the Muslim, if the United States launches an attack on Iran over Israel, it would result as Obama eatting his own words in regards of his dovish and peace-seeking stance.

Iran's satellight success may contribute to a future era known as "the century of the Middle East", as long as Iran not make an act of aggression towards Israel within the decade, such as escalating the Gaza military conflict. Hmmm... This is rather interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
They're ashamed to have such a "comrade", like Lenin on Stalin. Seriously, I think other than NK and Russia, everyone's more on less on the same side now.
Disagree. North Korea is not an ally of either China or Russia. Instead, the scenario is more like this. China is going to have stronger bilateral ties with the United States since the Obama Administration iis working on former Clinton policies and possibly enhancing them. On the other hand, Russia had been working on maintaining bilateral ties with Cuba and Venezuela. Thus, North Korea is actually on their own; however.. North Korea does receive foods and supplies from China, as well as financial assistance even though they went back on their six-party talks terms. And if you compare the scenario with the Gaza conflict in regards to Israel's IDF and the Hamas, this obviously seems to be rather problematic.

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2009-02-03 at 17:36. Reason: updated
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 15:46   Link #1438
Vinak
Procrastinator

Power Plant Explosion (2/03/09)
OAK CREEK, Wis. --
At least five people have been injured, four critically, in an explosion at the We Energies power plant in Oak Creek just before 11 a.m.

Four victims were transported to Columbia St Mary's burn unit on Milwaukee's east side, according to hospital spokeswoman Kathy Schmitz. She said their burn unit is fully staffed and has 12 beds.Two Flight For Life medical helicopters arrived at the scene. One transported a patient to Colubmia St. Mary's. That victim appeared to be male, said 12 News reporter Nick Bohr. The other was taken Froedtert Hospital.

http://www.wisn.com/news/18629803/detail.html

Last edited by Vinak; 2009-02-03 at 16:50.
Vinak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 18:40   Link #1439
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
Power Plant Explosion (2/03/09)
OAK CREEK, Wis. --
At least five people have been injured, four critically, in an explosion at the We Energies power plant in Oak Creek just before 11 a.m.

Four victims were transported to Columbia St Mary's burn unit on Milwaukee's east side, according to hospital spokeswoman Kathy Schmitz. She said their burn unit is fully staffed and has 12 beds.Two Flight For Life medical helicopters arrived at the scene. One transported a patient to Colubmia St. Mary's. That victim appeared to be male, said 12 News reporter Nick Bohr. The other was taken Froedtert Hospital.

http://www.wisn.com/news/18629803/detail.html
Man my area has been hectic lately. First there was a stabbing at my school and then today there was an explosion at WE energies.
Old 2009-02-03, 19:27   Link #1440
Shadow Kira01

Essex sailor faces auto theft charge in Sasebo

Too much GTA perhaps?

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news