AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-13, 21:18   Link #17121
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 26
Not a good week for the tech field: Dennis Richie (co-inventor of UNIX and C) has passed away.

http://www.tgdaily.com/software-feat...ses-away-at-70
Dilla is offline  
Old 2011-10-13, 22:12   Link #17122
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Epic bank heist exposes Brazil's security flaws
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...79C0OD20111013
Quote:
It was around midnight on a Saturday when a group of men in gray overalls calmly strolled into a bank on Brazil's equivalent of Wall Street, waved to the guard and said they were there to fix the alarm. ...
__________________

ganbaru is offline  
Old 2011-10-14, 13:01   Link #17123
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 39
Quote:
http://www.latimes.com/news/science/...0,553090.story

In a tiny South African cave, archaeologists have unearthed a 100,000-year-old art studio that contains tools for mixing powder from red and yellow rocks with animal fat and marrow to make vibrant paints as well as abalone shells full of dried-out red pigment, the oldest paint containers ever found.

The discovery, described in Friday's edition of the journal Science, suggests that humans may have been thinking symbolically — more like modern-day humans think — much earlier than previously recognized, experts said. Symbolic thinking could have been a key evolutionary step in the development of other quintessentially human abilities, such as language, art and complex ritual.
so when did we get the first art critic?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2011-10-14, 17:01   Link #17124
AnimeFan188
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
U.S. Copyright Czar Cozied Up to Content Industry, E-Mails Show

"Top-ranking Obama administration officials, including the U.S. copyright czar,
played an active role in secret negotiations between Hollywood, the recording
industry and ISPs to disrupt internet access for users suspected of violating
copyright law, according to internal White House e-mails.

The e-mails, obtained via the Freedom of Information Act, (.pdf) show the
administration’s cozy relationship with Hollywood and the music industry’s lobbying
arms and its early support for the copyright-violation crackdown system publicly
announced in July."

See:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...zar-cozies-up/
AnimeFan188 is offline  
Old 2011-10-14, 17:07   Link #17125
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
"Top-ranking Obama administration officials, including the U.S. copyright czar,
played an active role in secret negotiations between Hollywood, the recording
industry and ISPs to disrupt internet access for users suspected of violating
copyright law, according to internal White House e-mails.

The e-mails, obtained via the Freedom of Information Act, (.pdf) show the
administration’s cozy relationship with Hollywood and the music industry’s lobbying
arms and its early support for the copyright-violation crackdown system publicly
announced in July."

See:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...zar-cozies-up/
This is one of the things that make classical "left vs right" arguments ... um, stupid. Both parties have devil's bargains with mega-corporations - the left with the "idea/art/entertainment" and "imaginary concepts of intellectual property" groups and the right with oil/gas/defense/etc. And both are 'pwn3d' by the insurance and pharma lobbies.
__________________
Vexx is offline  
Old 2011-10-14, 17:17   Link #17126
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
This is one of the things that make classical "left vs right" arguments ... um, stupid. Both parties have devil's bargains with mega-corporations - the left with the "idea/art/entertainment" and "imaginary concepts of intellectual property" groups and the right with oil/gas/defense/etc. And both are 'pwn3d' by the insurance and pharma lobbies.
hurray for change we can believed in
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2011-10-14, 20:42   Link #17127
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
so when did we get the first art critic?
Probably 99,900 years later.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2011-10-14, 23:23   Link #17128
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
hurray for change we can believed in
Beside change for screwing up more the 99% ?
__________________

ganbaru is offline  
Old 2011-10-15, 05:17   Link #17129
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Singapore : Have female-only train cabins

I propose that this woman be forcibly put under sterilisation so she doesn't pass her lack of intelligence to the next generation of Singaporeans.

This is completely retarded. Our trains are already packed like sardine cans and we need to have exclusive cabins?

@ ganbaru - I was wondering if your "Southern Gate" in your siggy refers to a girl's legs (gate at the south of the body), and opening them up......you know.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2011-10-15, 06:38   Link #17130
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Singapore : Have female-only train cabins

I propose that this woman be forcibly put under sterilisation so she doesn't pass her lack of intelligence to the next generation of Singaporeans.

This is completely retarded. Our trains are already packed like sardine cans and we need to have exclusive cabins?

@ ganbaru - I was wondering if your "Southern Gate" in your siggy refers to a girl's legs (gate at the south of the body), and opening them up......you know.
It isn't like female-only train cabine would add more passenger, no?

( Don't came with such reasoning when the girl on my signature look so young. )
The ''Southern Gate'' refer to the gate of a house or eventualy of a fence.
__________________

ganbaru is offline  
Old 2011-10-15, 12:27   Link #17131
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Singapore : Have female-only train cabins

I propose that this woman be forcibly put under sterilisation so she doesn't pass her lack of intelligence to the next generation of Singaporeans.

This is completely retarded. Our trains are already packed like sardine cans and we need to have exclusive cabins?

@ ganbaru - I was wondering if your "Southern Gate" in your siggy refers to a girl's legs (gate at the south of the body), and opening them up......you know.
Here's an idea - make the men behave. Whats with this retrograde "separate but equal" and "put the wimmen in the side room" nonsense?
__________________
Vexx is offline  
Old 2011-10-15, 12:57   Link #17132
Ithekro
The Comet IS Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
"Occupy the World" spreads from Wall Street. "Occupiers" occupy differently, and reactions differ as well from country to country as the "99%" try to find a voice.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44912532...ews/?gt1=43001

I'm not sure about this.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2011-10-15, 13:01   Link #17133
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
"Occupy the World" spreads from Wall Street. "Occupiers" occupy differently, and reactions differ as well from country to country as the "99%" try to find a voice.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44912532...ews/?gt1=43001

I'm not sure about this.
We've got one here in Portugal as well.

http://publico.pt/Mundo/dia-dos-indi...as-15h-1516656 (link in Portuguese)

So far it's mostly peaceful but the media are looking for blood and poking the protesters apparently. Not sure how it's going to end but we don't have much tradition of violent outbreaks so probably nothing major.
__________________

Dextro is offline  
Old 2011-10-15, 13:15   Link #17134
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
We've got one here in Portugal as well.

http://publico.pt/Mundo/dia-dos-indi...as-15h-1516656 (link in Portuguese)

So far it's mostly peaceful but the media are looking for blood and poking the protesters apparently. Not sure how it's going to end but we don't have much tradition of violent outbreaks so probably nothing major.
your country might not but there are roving bands of anarchist and vandals that moves like plagues of locust. If there is a large peaceful protest they move there turn it into a not so peaceful protest.
__________________

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2011-10-15 at 14:31.
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2011-10-15, 13:26   Link #17135
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
your country might not but there is roving band of anarchist and vandels that moves like a plague of locust. If there is a large peaceful protest they move there turn it into a not so peaceful protest.
Sometimes i think the anarchists and nihilists actually work for "The Man" since all they accomplish is justification for violent suppression.

In happier news, the women's gymnast world comp is happening in Tokyo. Cuteness, power, grace from all over the planet.

Www.2011tokyo.com
-- where you can watch *real* magical girls.
__________________

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-10-15 at 14:12.
Vexx is offline  
Old 2011-10-15, 13:29   Link #17136
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Sometimes i think the anarchists and nihilists actually work for "The Man" since all they accomplish is justification for violent suppression.

In happier news, the women's gymnast world comp is happening in Tokyo. Cuteness, power, grace from all over the planet.
it wouldn't surprise me if they were organize by "The Man" but you still need a lot of stupid people to get it to work.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2011-10-15, 13:41   Link #17137
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Singapore : Have female-only train cabins

I propose that this woman be forcibly put under sterilisation so she doesn't pass her lack of intelligence to the next generation of Singaporeans.

This is completely retarded. Our trains are already packed like sardine cans and we need to have exclusive cabins?
Certainly cheaper than adding more lines, or more trains per line.
__________________
Folding@Home, Team Animesuki
Jinto is offline  
Old 2011-10-15, 22:47   Link #17138
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
it wouldn't surprise me if they were organize by "The Man" but you still need a lot of stupid people to get it to work.
It would need only a few peoples than know to start thing, the rest would be taken take by idiots than just use a opportunity to break stuff or to do other stupid thing.
__________________

ganbaru is offline  
Old 2011-10-16, 00:34   Link #17139
flying ^
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Check out who's also endorsing OWS (fleabaggers )

Spoiler for :



also...


COMING SOON TO YOUR LOCAL TV STATIONS

Spoiler for :

Last edited by flying ^; 2011-10-16 at 02:49.
flying ^ is offline  
Old 2011-10-16, 02:34   Link #17140
Tom Bombadil
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
Check out who's also endorsing OWS

Quote:
Sincerely, ROCKY SUHAYDA

Hail Victory!


88!
Interesting that numbers carries meaning so differently in different cultures. For example, in China, 88 is a casual way to say "bye bye" in online chats or short messages because they are pronounced similarly. On the other hand, in above context,
Quote:
eighty-eight is used as code among Neo-Nazis to identify each other.[3] H is the 8th letter of the alphabet, so 88 is taken to stand for HH which in turn means Heil Hitler.
Oh, the horror of confusing those two!
Tom Bombadil is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.