AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-08, 15:46   Link #18061
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Last I heard, they were considering handing it over to China. As per The Daily Show: "Wow Iran, didn't know you were China's bitch."
It doesn't have to be for that. It could simply be their answer to the question "what can we do to most annoy the Americans?".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Hey, if you're gona rig an election may as well do it in style. Being sneaky about it just isn't sporting.
Eh. 99.5% is for pussies. Real dictators get 120%.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2011-12-08, 16:01   Link #18062
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 26
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It doesn't have to be for that. It could simply be their answer to the question "what can we do to most annoy the Americans?".


Eh. 99.5% is for pussies. Real dictators get 120%.
128,96% to be accurate:

Spoiler for math fail:
__________________
konart is online now  
Old 2011-12-08, 16:45   Link #18063
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
If anime has taught me anything, it is always crank the engine up to 120% before you try to do something cool.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2011-12-08, 17:31   Link #18064
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Iran displays captured US drone

So, unless the Iranians have excellent skills in producing models of UAVs, it looks like they were not bluffing when they say they had captured the drone. This bring interesting questions (1) how? (2) What will happen to it now?
My guess is signal jacking...like what they have done to the Predator drone a few months before. They will reverse engineer it like they did to the TOW many years ago, then use it to replicate the B2.

Israel and US is gone case. Technology transfer complete, seems China and Iran are goinf to be world powers in the next decade with US at their heels.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2011-12-08, 21:26   Link #18065
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
In the next DECADE? What makes you say that?
solomon is offline  
Old 2011-12-08, 21:52   Link #18066
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
In the next DECADE? What makes you say that?
China and Iran just took US's ace card. And given the current US political climate of stupidity, US can't do anything but let China and Iran fly drones over their foreign military bases.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2011-12-08, 22:00   Link #18067
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
China and Iran just took US's ace card. And given the current US political climate of stupidity, US can't do anything but let China and Iran fly drones over their foreign military bases.
Can't we really call the RQ170 a ''Ace card'' ? If Iran managed to captured one, the plane probably got some hidden fault and probably not at the level of the B2.
__________________

ganbaru is offline  
Old 2011-12-08, 22:10   Link #18068
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Can't we really call the RQ170 a ''Ace card'' ? If Iran managed to captured one, the plane probably got some hidden fault and probably not at the level of the B2.
It is the technology within that is of great value. The signal systems and the stealth materials are more than enough to replicate a slightly watered down version of a B2 or the drone itself. Plus that the satcom systems allow the Iranians to hijack or jam US satellites to their advantage.

Being religious supremacist assholes they are, Iran would probably attempt to capture Iraq or Afghanistan in the future.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2011-12-08, 22:15   Link #18069
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
We don't really know what's really inside it; as far as we know it might even have a ''new Stuxnet'' inside his system.
__________________

ganbaru is offline  
Old 2011-12-08, 22:23   Link #18070
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
We don't really know what's really inside it; as far as we know it might even have a ''new Stuxnet'' inside his system.
Probably not. The CIA aren't as bright as they used to be.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2011-12-08, 22:33   Link #18071
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 32
Apple being sued because it does not own the iPad trademark in China

As one commenter said:

I'm not sure if this is Apple's inattentiveness or their arrogance that led to this. Either way, Apple getting sued for copyright infringement in China is quite...

*puts on sunglasses*

iRonic
__________________
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline  
Old 2011-12-08, 22:42   Link #18072
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Apple being sued because it does not own the iPad trademark in China

As one commenter said:

I'm not sure if this is Apple's inattentiveness or their arrogance that led to this. Either way, Apple getting sued for copyright infringement in China is quite...

*puts on sunglasses*

iRonic
couldn't have happen to a more deserving company.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2011-12-08, 22:42   Link #18073
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Apple being sued because it does not own the iPad trademark in China

As one commenter said:

I'm not sure if this is Apple's inattentiveness or their arrogance that led to this. Either way, Apple getting sued for copyright infringement in China is quite...

*puts on sunglasses*

iRonic
Reminds me much about the unresolved owner/copyright dispute over Macross.
__________________
sa547 is offline  
Old 2011-12-08, 22:45   Link #18074
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Looking at the RQ170....um no. No B2 bomber is coming out of capturing that thing. I've seen a B2 in a museam already. That's not the stealth materials used on B2s. It is close to the wing form, but the wing form has been around since the Second World War. If the computer isn't in good shape, it is not exactly easy to fly a Flying Wing...that's one reason the design was scrapped in the 1940s.

Look at the RQ170, then looks at the B2. Aside from being a flying wing, they aren't even close to being the same.

Seeing the picture from Iran, it isn't even a small drone. So while then might get some data on how to interrupt drone signals (assumming the CIA and military don't just change the codes or redesign the software), I don't think this gives anyone all that much of an advantage on the aviation front. They might even figure out how to make armed UAVs as well...but not stealth ones.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2011-12-08, 23:17   Link #18075
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
The stealth material is most likely to be hard to produce, even with a sample, no?
__________________

ganbaru is offline  
Old 2011-12-08, 23:23   Link #18076
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Reminds me much about the unresolved owner/copyright dispute over Macross.
What gets me laughing is that things like Joyland flyby along with all the knock-offs of tech, but when its a local company interests the (international) laws actually get enforced.

Apparently companies have started to wise up to the antics and are taking their business elsewhere.

This is hilarious because its Apple one of the stingiest companies around, but it doesn't change the fact that it's pretty hypocritical even if the Chinese company is in the right.
__________________
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline  
Old 2011-12-09, 00:00   Link #18077
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Even a copy of the material might not be enough. With some things it is about application as much is it about the material.


The thing, is, the RQ170 doesn't appear to have that material. Nor does it appear to have the "standard" stealth style design to it (the sharp angles you'd find in the B-2, F-117, F-22, and even the new F-35 and the the Chinese J-20 or Russian PAK FA. "Aviation Week postulates that these elements suggest the designers have avoided 'highly sensitive technologies' due to the near certainty of eventual operational loss inherent with a single engine design and a desire to avoid the risk of compromising leading edge technology" And that was back in 2009.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2011-12-09, 00:18   Link #18078
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Apple being sued because it does not own the iPad trademark in China

As one commenter said:

I'm not sure if this is Apple's inattentiveness or their arrogance that led to this. Either way, Apple getting sued for copyright infringement in China is quite...

*puts on sunglasses*

iRonic
What happened was that Apple bought the "iPad" trademark from a company that supposedly had a world-wide trademark on the term. Apparently it either wasn't really what the company claimed, this company in China got around it, or this company in China didn't care until they realized that they could make a lot of money by suing Apple.

I won't say that Apple is a saint when it comes to this area, but I don't see how this was arrogance on their part.
__________________
Ledgem is offline  
Old 2011-12-09, 00:33   Link #18079
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 32
Thinking that no one would dare challenge their global brand? That sounds pretty arrogant to me, big companies like getting their way.

Either way I think its probably more likely that something that was overlooked via translation and so on with the contacts. Now Apple will have to pay.
__________________
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline  
Old 2011-12-09, 00:46   Link #18080
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Thinking that no one would dare challenge their global brand? That sounds pretty arrogant to me, big companies like getting their way.
I think it's more that they bought the rights to it, and thought that everyone would respect that... you know, not arrogantly, but legally. For what ever reason, what they bought wasn't what it appeared, and hence there's the current situation.
__________________
Ledgem is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.