AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-17, 20:49   Link #18361
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
As far as I know it only has medical uses.

Unless there is some other use for antimatter (positrons) in very small quantities.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 20:50   Link #18362
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Your guess is as good as mine how it can be used for a nuke.
Maybe a dirty bomb??
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 20:53   Link #18363
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Not enough radiation to be effective if I understand it correctly. Even the experts have no idea what they are doing with that much of it.
Maybe there is a market for CTR test articles or something in Iran?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 21:00   Link #18364
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Apparently it is used in the making of H-Bombs.

Scratch that, it is a byproduct of an H-Bomb.

Pokhran-II: An H-bomb disaster
http://news.rediff.com/column/2009/d...b-disaster.htm

I'll keep googling until I find something more substantial.
__________________

Last edited by GundamFan0083; 2011-12-17 at 21:02. Reason: Correction.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 21:04   Link #18365
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Since TRL has yet to post this, I should post this.

MRT breaks down again

There are price hikes, but the service doesn't seem to be improving. But the company still rakes increased profits every quarter.

Creative accounting of cutting expenses to raise revenues?

More training for drivers to improve communication

How can they improve communication when the radios for further instructions are cut?

The poor driver is just as blind as the passenger when stuck in the tunnel. What a stroke of genius to implement something as retarded as this.

And more ingenuity :

SMRT warns passengers not to break the windows during MRT breakdown

Here is a little bit of science :

When air is cooled in the compressor, the volume occupied by the cooled air is decreased, and when the cooled air is released into the room, it absorbs ambient heat and expands outwards thus increasing the volume occupied. So if we bring in fluid dynamics, technically an air-con is blasting air into a room, and the rate of flow of air is is much higher when an air-con is on when it is not.

So when the air-con is not working, the rate of flow of air into a room is decreased, hence the reason why people feel so suffocated in there. Combined with the heat that increases heart rate and oxygen absorption + further increased by the panicking people in the room + inside a tunnel where air-flow is significantly less than on the surface, how can there be "ventilation" without breaking the damned window to let more air in?

Can we have an almost-retiring engineer for a spokesperson next time?

MRT breakdown: CEO considers resigning

Yeah, and he gets a new top job in a few months. Sometimes I wish we can do it the China way of putting an expanding bullet through the back of the head to prevent more bad management from surfacing.

No doubt, there are opportunists who are out there to take jabs at the ruling party :

Together let us call for a comprehensive review of transport system

Please fuck off, bitch. Where are your fucking suggestions BEFORE this incident happened?

But nonetheless, here is an interesting tweet to brighten things up :

Circle Line yest n North South Line today, Singapore Pools now accepting bets for East West Line to fail tmr.

And an even bigger joke :



So when are we burying the damaged train? *sarcastic*
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 21:08   Link #18366
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Not enough radiation to be effective if I understand it correctly. Even the experts have no idea what they are doing with that much of it.
Maybe there is a market for CTR test articles or something in Iran?
Naturally I'm not going to say for sure what Iran wants the Sodium-22 for, but as far as I can tell it has no use in the manufacture of nuclear weapons.

Iran is claiming that the "Russia story" is a lie:

Iran blasts ‘lies’ about seizure of radioactive material from Tehran-bound passenger at Moscow airport


http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/12...tive-material/
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 21:29   Link #18367
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
A lot of knee-jerk reactionary going on on that link.

I'm more puzzled than anything else. Could someone have tried to sell them "radioactive" materials and they were duped into thinking it was something else for the money they spent?

Was this a test of the sytem to see if better stuff could be smuggled in?

Is there a market for such material as the country becomes more advanced medically?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 21:33   Link #18368
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Good questions Ithekro, I haven't the faintest idea.
Hopefully they only want the Sodium-22 for medical purposes.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 21:35   Link #18369
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
That post was too ridiculous for me to waste time with.
Your feeble attempt at sounding intelligent has only shown me just how much of a devout believer in atheist fundamentalism you are.

However, it is clear that for you all that lies beyond death is oblivion, one way or the other.
In other words, you lack a credible counter-argument to my challenge, and have resorted to running from the debate with an Appeal to Ridicule parting shot, for lack of any better option.

Thank you for volunteering to act as my intellectual scratching post, it has been a while since I had a chance to flex my claws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Here sir, this sole documentary should put your beliefs into question, I challenge you to argue against it, if you can:

The boy who lived before:
I would, but as it happens, Mr. Ledgem has stolen a march on me. As I doubt I have the ability to couch his first paragraph in better terms, which would make any duplication of his arguments redundant in any case, please consider his argument my own, and I challenge you to argue against it. If you can, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I accept that DQ, what I don't accept is anyone saying that they definitively know what is beyond death.
Be they Theist or Atheist.
This would be the point where I lay down a charge of hypocrisy against you, but judging from your exchange with Anh_Minh about the definition of oblivion, it seems to be the case that we were working on entirely different definitions of the word to begin with. So, you know what, I think I'll give you some more time to chew on the word 'oblivion', and what it actually entails.


Quote:
I agree with you on that Ledgem.
We really don't know.
However, the person who convinced me of the possibility of there being something beyond death other than just oblivion is Carl Sagan.
I don't believe in some Heaven, or Hell, or anything of that nature, but moving from a 3 dimensional state of being to a higher state of being (4th, 5th, or whatever)?
Now that, I find very interesting.

Here's the video:



Part 2:


I like to think that Hitchens is wowing crowds of beings in a higher dimensional state with his wit, and contrarion quips.
While Mr Sagan's spiel on higher dimensions is a highly interesting insight in the field of physics, to go from this premise to the entirely unfounded assumption that a person's consciousness can 'move' to a 'higher state of being' constitutes a non sequitur.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 21:39   Link #18370
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
While Mr Sagan's spiel on higher dimensions is a highly interesting insight in the field of physics, to go from this premise to the entirely unfounded assumption that a person's consciousness can 'move' to a 'higher state of being' constitutes a non sequitur.
We will have to wait until we mutate to have psychic powers and combine it into a centralised noosphere in order for that to happen.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 21:45   Link #18371
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
I don't know. The description of a 3 dimensional being passing though a 2 dimensional world seems an awful lot like the experiences described by people that see things they can't explain. The description usually gets called "ghosts" or some other phenomenon. Dreams themselves could be a 3 dimensional representation of 4 dimensional existences...since we've not really figured that out either.

Neither god nor a creator, the 3D being in the 2D world would probably be worshipped as one if enough people believed it to be so. It may have never intended, or even know what the 2D beings are saying about it or doing in its name. The same may have happened with us.


There are always possibilities. For we do not yet understand everything.





Or it all is Haruhi's fault.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 21:45   Link #18372
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
In other words..Blah, Blah, Blah.
Nice try, but I'm not interested in your belief system.
Go try to convert someone else to your faith.

__________________________________________________ _______

Now onto something that actually matters:

Eric Holder's continued obfuscation on Fast and Furious


http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dallas...olders-co.html
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 22:11   Link #18373
raile
<3
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lala rainbow land~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
My city, with typhoons and floods such a rarity, we never could have expected what had happened, especially when it escalated while we were sleeping.
A lot of friends I know lost family members, and many people are still missing, as well as the loss of homes. Most of the victims died because by the time they woke up, the floods had taken their homes.
__________________
raile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 22:35   Link #18374
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
My city, with typhoons and floods such a rarity, we never could have expected what had happened, especially when it escalated while we were sleeping.
A lot of friends I know lost family members, and many people are still missing, as well as the loss of homes. Most of the victims died because by the time they woke up, the floods had taken their homes.
We're all in this. As someone who weathered through many disasters, my condolences to those who lost their friends and relatives in yesterday's tragedy.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 23:08   Link #18375
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Naturally I'm not going to say for sure what Iran wants the Sodium-22 for, but as far as I can tell it has no use in the manufacture of nuclear weapons.

Iran is claiming that the "Russia story" is a lie:

Iran blasts ‘lies’ about seizure of radioactive material from Tehran-bound passenger at Moscow airport


http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/12...tive-material/
So about news about Iran, everyone lies unless they are from the Iran gouvenmement, or at least it's what they seem to indicate .
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 23:12   Link #18376
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Lie or no lie, it still does not make much sense.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 00:04   Link #18377
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Beaver or bear? Fur flies over Canadian sense of identity
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 03:51   Link #18378
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Nice try, but I'm not interested in your belief system.
Go try to convert someone else to your faith.
You don't seem interested in reading comprehension either. He hasn't stated a belief system in that post, let alone tried to convert anyone.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 05:44   Link #18379
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
This has to be the gayest, wackest , pettiest, most embarrassing example of national debate I've seen.............this week.

It's no different than the penis envy people have when they choose a sports mascot, heaven forbid they actually use something ORIGINAL. Nah, WE GOTTA USE A BAAR CAUSE WE ALL TOUGH AND MANLY RAAAH!

Beavers are friggin industrious little buggers, why wouldnt you like em?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 05:52   Link #18380
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Well if Ben Franklin had had his way the US national bird would be the Wild Turkey.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.