AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-20, 21:18   Link #18541
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You think this place will ever buy latest Russia tech? Keep dreaming....At least we get F-35 too...
Remember what happened to our leopard tanks? The MOD thinks it is a great bargain to exclude the aircon and have the cost reduced, and our crew end up being pressured cooked during Wallaby.

I think this time they will exclude the stealth paint because " the architecture is already stealthy enough". Stupid penny pinchers.

Btw, the MANPADS we use are Russian. Cost issues I bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I do not believe any of the advertisement on Chinese or Russian (stealth) fighters.
Wait till Kim Jong Un modernises the KPAF with PAK-FAs. Then we would know of the Russian stealth fighter's secret weapon : the "trololo radar jammer" which irritates ground control crews to the extent of avoiding poiting the radar at the planes.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 21:38   Link #18542
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Remember what happened to our leopard tanks? The MOD thinks it is a great bargain to exclude the aircon and have the cost reduced, and our crew end up being pressured cooked during Wallaby.

I think this time they will exclude the stealth paint because " the architecture is already stealthy enough". Stupid penny pinchers.

Btw, the MANPADS we use are Russian. Cost issues I bet.



Wait till Kim Jong Un modernises the KPAF with PAK-FAs. Then we would know of the Russian stealth fighter's secret weapon : the "trololo radar jammer" which irritates ground control crews to the extent of avoiding poiting the radar at the planes.
Igla's not exactly cutting edge though....

Anyway I find this weird....Japan ordering 42 F-35s, ROK ~60....why is RSAF at last report, pre-ordering a hundred?

Bit...overkill...

I also don't believe that J-10 can face an upgraded F-15....
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 00:28   Link #18543
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Remember what happened to our leopard tanks? The MOD thinks it is a great bargain to exclude the aircon and have the cost reduced, and our crew end up being pressured cooked during Wallaby.

I think this time they will exclude the stealth paint because " the architecture is already stealthy enough". Stupid penny pinchers.

Btw, the MANPADS we use are Russian. Cost issues I bet.



Wait till Kim Jong Un modernises the KPAF with PAK-FAs. Then we would know of the Russian stealth fighter's secret weapon : the "trololo radar jammer" which irritates ground control crews to the extent of avoiding poiting the radar at the planes.
PAK-FA for export. Japan version:
Spoiler for img:
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 00:30   Link #18544
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
You know perfectly well that the Japanese would import used F-14s first for that conversion...even if they have to take them from Iran.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 00:45   Link #18545
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
You know perfectly well that the Japanese would import used F-14s first for that conversion...even if they have to take them from Iran.
Yep.
I believe this would be the variant they'd choose:

__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 01:39   Link #18546
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Igla's not exactly cutting edge though....

Anyway I find this weird....Japan ordering 42 F-35s, ROK ~60....why is RSAF at last report, pre-ordering a hundred?

Bit...overkill...

I also don't believe that J-10 can face an upgraded F-15....
It is part of a political show between Singapore and Malaysia. Malaysia is known to have an outdated airforce but a strong standing ground troop as well as special forces bases located at strategic locations (combat divers in Sabah and commandos in Johore). I don't have to tell you about the asset deployments on both sides since it is an open secret for everyone living on both sides of the Causeway.

If there is a war, I would die laughing after it ends in a stalemate. We on both sides are better off shooting our own politicians if a war is declared rather than each other.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 02:19   Link #18547
Tom Bombadil
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Igla's not exactly cutting edge though....

Anyway I find this weird....Japan ordering 42 F-35s, ROK ~60....why is RSAF at last report, pre-ordering a hundred?

Bit...overkill...

I also don't believe that J-10 can face an upgraded F-15....
Apples and oranges. A more comparable plane to J-10 will be F-16, or you may compare Su-27/J11 to F-15.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 02:22   Link #18548
Noctis Lucis
It's how you think.
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Anywhere.
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It is part of a political show between Singapore and Malaysia. Malaysia is known to have an outdated airforce but a strong standing ground troop as well as special forces bases located at strategic locations (combat divers in Sabah and commandos in Johore). I don't have to tell you about the asset deployments on both sides since it is an open secret for everyone living on both sides of the Causeway.

If there is a war, I would die laughing after it ends in a stalemate. We on both sides are better off shooting our own politicians if a war is declared rather than each other.
Are you really sure about that? Remember, Malaysia can call on its Arab friends to squeeze Singapore in a pincer movement (Malaysia/Indonesia/Brunei + Pakistan etc. for backups). Singapore really needs a backup plan, such as a redoubt in Western Australia.
Noctis Lucis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 02:32   Link #18549
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Speaking of jets:

First 4 of new Su-34 fighter-bombers made their way to russian army:
Spoiler for imgs:
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 02:40   Link #18550
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis Lucis View Post
Are you really sure about that? Remember, Malaysia can call on its Arab friends to squeeze Singapore in a pincer movement (Malaysia/Indonesia/Brunei + Pakistan etc. for backups). Singapore really needs a backup plan, such as a redoubt in Western Australia.
There has been alot of political infighting between the Muslim states in SEA, most prominent between Malaysia and Indonesia. To be even more brutally honest, despite being Muslim states they are just like the Mideast, focusing more on petty squabbles than working together under a Islamic banner.

In a case of what you mention should happen, Brunei would most likely stay out of it like Jordan during the early days of the Arab-Israeli Conflict. And Singapore can make it excessively painful for the remaining states with air-superiority and naval defence. No doubt we will still lose out during the ground campaign, but the potential hurt is a deterrent of all sorts.

Of course, our current government tried to boost the odds of a stalemate by being friendly to China and wooing her with our majority Chinese population. Pretty retarded choice as compared to siding with Uncle Sam during the Cold War era, China will never help us in an event of an invasion because they only see us as a tool to counter US influence in the region, any event not involcing US here won't involve them too.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 04:55   Link #18551
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 25
Singapore could probably get Britain onside though, that has to count for something.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 05:01   Link #18552
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
China hackers breached U.S. Chamber of Commerce
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7BK0J620111221
__________________

ganbaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 05:10   Link #18553
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
China hackers breached U.S. Chamber of Commerce
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7BK0J620111221
Those dipsticks actually deserve it and more... they're completely anti-small-business. Every thing they recommend and push basically grinds Main Street into the dirt.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 06:07   Link #18554
Noctis Lucis
It's how you think.
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Anywhere.
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
There has been alot of political infighting between the Muslim states in SEA, most prominent between Malaysia and Indonesia. To be even more brutally honest, despite being Muslim states they are just like the Mideast, focusing more on petty squabbles than working together under a Islamic banner.
That's just for now, since Indonesia is in many, many ways, more democratic than Malaysia. (Their election ballots are HUGE.)

But when push comes to shove, Singapore is far and away the most hated member of ASEAN, much like the UK in the EU. This position thus causes much resentment and the "tall poppy effect" comes into play.

Who's to say that Malaysia and Indonesia (plus the rest of ASEAN) won't do a hit on Singapore one day? 2061 may be a possible time for it to happen.

Quote:
In a case of what you mention should happen, Brunei would most likely stay out of it like Jordan during the early days of the Arab-Israeli Conflict.
Again, can't say for sure whether they would do so. Maybe they'll finance the conflict without ever fighting (like USSR in Korea).

Quote:
And Singapore can make it excessively painful for the remaining states with air-superiority and naval defence. No doubt we will still lose out during the ground campaign, but the potential hurt is a deterrent of all sorts.
The largest hurt may well be the foreign currency flow in Johor State suddenly being stopped.

Quote:
Of course, our current government tried to boost the odds of a stalemate by being friendly to China and wooing her with our majority Chinese population. Pretty retarded choice as compared to siding with Uncle Sam during the Cold War era, China will never help us in an event of an invasion because they only see us as a tool to counter US influence in the region, any event not involving US here won't involve them too.
You never know. China has been guarding its waters jealously as of late. Spratlys is being fought over by PRC, Vietnam, Philippines, etc. Singapore is probably the only nation which doesn't have much conflict with China in ASEAN. Which could work to its advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Singapore could probably get Britain onside though, that has to count for something.
Won't count on that. See WWII: Pacific theatre.
Noctis Lucis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 09:18   Link #18555
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Apples and oranges. A more comparable plane to J-10 will be F-16, or you may compare Su-27/J11 to F-15.
My bad...meant J-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Of course, our current government tried to boost the odds of a stalemate by being friendly to China and wooing her with our majority Chinese population. Pretty retarded choice as compared to siding with Uncle Sam during the Cold War era, China will never help us in an event of an invasion because they only see us as a tool to counter US influence in the region, any event not involcing US here won't involve them too.
China doesn't even see overseas Chinese as part of them nor do the latter identify with the former for that matter....It's more for potential money making deals than anything else...

Their more concerned with East Asia than here...
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 09:46   Link #18556
TinyRedLeaf
On indefinite hiatus
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
N. Korean tears were for real (some at least)
Quote:
...For more than six decades, the Kim family, starting with Kim Il Sung, ruled the country as if it were one extended family. People called the Kims "father" and "parent". Propaganda murals show North Korean soldiers clinging to the Kims as children do to their parents. Newlyweds pay homage at the nearest Kim Il Sung statue. As filial children take religious care of a parent’s tomb in traditional Korean culture, citizens sweep around the Kim monuments, some each morning.

"So they do really feel as if the head of the nation has been cut off," said Mr Brian Myers, an expert on North Korean ideology at Dongseo University in South Korea. "Naturally, that makes people feel a certain shock or trauma regardless of whether they really felt a strong personal affection for Kim Jong Il."

Mr Myers said a critical failure in the West’s understanding of North Korea was the tendency to underestimate the cult of personality and the importance of state loyalty there. In the North, he said, "nationalism and state loyalty are mutually reinforcing", so that even when people are displeased by their country's direction, they identify strongly with the state.

THE NEW YORK TIMES
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 11:03   Link #18557
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis Lucis View Post
Won't count on that. See WWII: Pacific theatre.
They had much bigger problems.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 13:03   Link #18558
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Homelands comes before the colonies after all.

They did try still, hence to the loss of Prince of Wales and Repulse in December of 1941, and the actual fighting in Singapore.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 13:32   Link #18559
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
The virus isn’t very transmissible, but scientists have long worried that it might mutate, perhaps through reassortment with a human flu strain, and gain the ability to pass easily from person to person like human flus, such as the H1N1/A strain that triggered a pandemic in 2009. More than a decade since its emergence in humans, however, that fear has yet to come true, and H5N1 remains only an occasional threat for the rare person who contracts it — usually from close contact with a sick bird.
If H5N1 gained the ability to spread virulently, we might face another world-changing virus like the 1918 flu, but so far, at least, we’ve been lucky.
But just because nature hasn’t figured out a way to create an easily transmissible H5N1 doesn’t mean that scientists can’t. In experiments conducted at the University of Wisconsin in Madison and Erasmus University in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, researchers engineered a strain of H5N1 that spread easily between ferrets — which means it can probably spread easily between people. (Ferrets are a commonly used animal model for studying human flu.)
http://healthland.time.com/2011/12/2...de-killer-flu/
The virus will escape then turn 90% of the world population into zombies. so who has their zombie apocalypse safety kit update?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 13:47   Link #18560
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
The virus will escape then turn 90% of the world population into zombies. so who has their zombie apocalypse safety kit update?
Very unlikely. The pharma industry prefers pandemics that can be cured. If you kill all your customers, you'll ruin your business.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.