AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-11, 09:14   Link #18981
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Arab monitor quits Syria mission in disgust
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8041A820120111
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 09:43   Link #18982
Haak
F**k my life...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Iranian Nuclear Scientist killed in car blast:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16501566
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 09:46   Link #18983
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Iranian Nuclear Scientist killed in car blast:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16501566
Looks like the Israelis played their first hand.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 11:08   Link #18984
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Looks like the Israelis played their first hand.


speculative.

besides, If a lion tamer gets eaten by a lion, or an acrobat falls to their death, you wouldn't just assume it was the Israelis fault.
some jobs just come with certain occupational hazards.
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 11:27   Link #18985
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post


speculative.

besides, If a lion tamer gets eaten by a lion, or an acrobat falls to their death, you wouldn't just assume it was the Israelis fault.
some jobs just come with certain occupational hazards.
Yeah, I bet that applies especially to, well, nuclear scientists in Iran.

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 11:49   Link #18986
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Yeah, I bet that applies especially to, well, nuclear scientists in Iran.

Assassination are a natural occupational hazard in Iranian nuclear physics.
as demonstrated repeatedly over the last few years.
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 12:08   Link #18987
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
Assassination are a natural occupational hazard in Iranian nuclear physics.
as demonstrated repeatedly over the last few years.
I can't really say if this is supposed to be a argument helping your point or sinking it.
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 12:12   Link #18988
Haak
F**k my life...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
I can't even be sure if it was a serious argument or a joke in bad taste...
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 12:15   Link #18989
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I can't really say if this is supposed to be a argument helping your point or sinking it.
it was kinda suppose to be a joke
but on the REAL subject of SaintessHeart's original post, there is no actual evidence that points specifically to Israel on this, or indeed any of the other assassinations of the last few years.
much of the world wants Iran's nuclear program to stop, including their neighbors in the gulf and forces within Iran who don't wish to see the regime gain the imperviousness that nuclear weapons grant.
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 13:12   Link #18990
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Could always be a Saudi Arabian hired assassin. They don't like Iran much either.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 13:33   Link #18991
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 26
Seems doubtful whether the man was actually a nuclear scientist. Not that being one is any reason to get assassinated, most people in the field are peaceful folks not involved in any weapons programs.

Probably he got killed for another reason and the story is made up because they don't like Israel. Or he was actually a big shot atom splitter in secret and was really killed to sabotage the nuclear program, we'll never know.
__________________
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 13:39   Link #18992
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
*puts on his tin foil hat
Could be China or Russia, while both countries like to use Iran to distract the US. They probably don't like the thoughts of Iran with nukes either.

*puts on his Atlantean Tin Foil Hat form
The other possiblies is it was done by the Knights Templar.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 13:43   Link #18993
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Seems doubtful whether the man was actually a nuclear scientist. Not that being one is any reason to get assassinated, most people in the field are peaceful folks not involved in any weapons programs.

Probably he got killed for another reason and the story is made up because they don't like Israel. Or he was actually a big shot atom splitter in secret and was really killed to sabotage the nuclear program, we'll never know.
The report certainly makes for good domestic "proof THEY are out to get Iran!!" propaganda.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 14:00   Link #18994
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Seems doubtful whether the man was actually a nuclear scientist. Not that being one is any reason to get assassinated, most people in the field are peaceful folks not involved in any weapons programs.
Correlation of Nitrogen Enriching Polymeric Membranes Performance Developed through
Various Methods with their Morphological Structure Revealed via SEM

http://journal.ippi.ac.ir/manuscript...006-06-975.pdf
the deceased is the last credited in this report.
i'd say odds are he was involved, at least partly, in Iran's nuclear program.
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 14:05   Link #18995
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: UK
Age: 29
It was assisted suicide. He paid the guy on the motorcycle to do it. Poor thing.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 14:09   Link #18996
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
There have been a few of those in the last two years. Four if I recall correctly, though one guy lived.


Do recall that there were other people aside from the "target" that were killed in those blasts.

-----------------------------------------
US denies killing Iran nuclear scientist with magnetic bomb
'Western powers and their allies appear to be relying on covert war tactics to try to delay and degrade Iran's nuclear advancement,' security expert says

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45953703...east_n_africa/

US says basically "Not Me".
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-01-11 at 17:09. Reason: Story update
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 22:45   Link #18997
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
Scotland to vote indy in '12

Anybody heard about Scotland wanting to set it's own path?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-16502955

I'm still trying to figure out all the details, there's likely LOADS of history behind this, but this could be BIG for the Union.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 22:49   Link #18998
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Anybody heard about Scotland wanting to set it's own path?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-16502955

I'm still trying to figure out all the details, there's likely LOADS of history behind this, but this could be BIG for the Union.
Are they going to pay back the payout form RBS before they leave?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 22:55   Link #18999
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
I wonder if England will still has access to the Stone of Scone when it comes time to crown the next Monarch?

And would the Queen (and her heirs) still be monarchs of Scotland? That is where the royal line goes from James VI of Scotland (James I of England).

When I saw it in 2001, they said they would give it back for the day....and no longer.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 23:41   Link #19000
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Anybody heard about Scotland wanting to set it's own path?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-16502955

I'm still trying to figure out all the details, there's likely LOADS of history behind this, but this could be BIG for the Union.
Oh this debate has been going on for quite a while, since the SNP won an outright majority in the Scottish elections back in May. Prior to that, the pro indepedence SNP never had the majority in the Scottish Parliament to be able to pass a referendum proposal. Now they can, and it's definitely on the cards.

Not really a lot of History behind it though. There isn't really the kind of animosity between England and Scotland that you might see between England and, say, Ireland. They've had a fairly stable Union since 1707.

That said, if the Scottish Independence referendum passed it would make for a tricky situation. For one thing you couldn't really call it "the United Kingdom" anymore, or even "Great Britain". You'd also have other unusual questions, like Northern Ireland, who ties to England are even more tenuous then Scotlands, and who also culturally share a lot more in common with Scotland then England.

Before the SNP won that majority, the issue wasn't really discussed, furthermore, no one thought it would ever need to be, as Scotland uses Single transferable Vote PR, which extremely rarely gives an outright majority to any party (in fact, when the scottish parliament was created, that form of voting was instituted for that very reason, to preven the SNP from ever winning a majority).

As for the SNP, they've run a very straight ship, and they've got a fairly attractive platform. They're also committed to giving Scotland access to all the options in a referendum, no tricks. I'm not so sure how their Pro-Union opposition is going to handle things though. Either way, there's going to be an interesting few months in Scotland.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.