AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 123 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 10.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 37.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 20.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.00%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-01, 18:56   Link #181
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Ehhh....Claymore!, it's mostly just one-word sentence replies; I think you were pretty lazy about it

Quote:
I would never call Deneve and idiot. She is one of the most intelligent Ghosts. She has to be because she can analyze those situations so well. And Helen and Deneve have polar opposite personalities (as you said introverted and extroverted). But Helen can sometimes be a little stupid.
Roflmao, Claymore! Helen being extroverted, and Deneve being introverted, doesn't make them have polar-opposite personalities; they are the same wild passionate person, they just express themselves differently.

And while I'm not calling Deneve dumb (well, only a little), you can't deny she was right there beside Helen among her stupidest decisions (Isley was a big one).


Quote:
No it does seem you are bashing her. But lately most people are. But she has taken on an im[portant role as being a rational and stern person who helps keep the Ghosts together.
Roflmao, and who gave her this role? Who keeps her in line? I don't remember her becoming the Ghosts therapist.

I'm not calling her, what she says/does unimportant - but it's this elevated importance of her that I don't agree with.

Ergo - I say you are giving her too much credit, you say I'm not giving her enough; I don't want her to be the voice-of-reason, and I especially don't want her to be the author's mouthpiece.

Quote:
It doesn't matter if the theories are good if they are wrong. I would rather have a good theory given by a character (by the auothor) than 20 theories given by a bunch of fans.
What makes her theory right though? Or better? It it just because she said so?

Why should I care?

Quote:
If your not going to accept what the characters say as the truth then i guess you don't even need the translation to have an opinion on any of the chapters. Deneve's words are important because she is explaining the situation(s) to the other Ghosts (and the reader)
Roflmao, you're taking this too far and too simplistic, but I guess I can't fault you for your opinion.

I like to think - we have a whole month to go before the next chapter; sorry if I'm not just gonna take what she says as the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Quote:
No that's kinda of what she is used for (unfortunately). She is a stern and Rational character that can analyze and understand a situation because of her high intelligence
Then I just don't agree with that -- this is all just speculation mind you, but if she really is deliberately used by Yagi as his mouthpiece.....quite frankly I hope I never discover the answer to that question, because it may make me change my outlook on the story as a whole.

Quote:
It doesn't matter if the theories are good if they are wrong. I would rather have a good theory given by a character (by the auothor) than 20 theories given by a bunch of fans.
But what she says is still just that: a theory

What makes what she says suddenly the truth?

We're starting to go around in circles about this

Quote:
The point is too discuss opinions on the chapters and story. But lately people just complain how much the hate this or that.
No, their are plenty of things people love, including myself (like how, to make an example, how this chapter is basically a giant mexican-standoff).

Besides, what do you think people are doing by complaining? They aren't complaining about for the sake of it - they are complaining because of the characters and stories like you said.

What, do you think people get mad at things that happen just because they feel like it? My feelings on the story are not so negative as some people recently, but I do agree that it's become more conventional in time then it used to be.

Quote:
Yeah i guess i am just an optimist (at least on this topic). But i don't remember what Raki has to do with this conversation.
You really can't figure it out unless I tell you?

Fine -- Raki is the embodiment of perception because tons of people hated it and others liked it; he's an embodiment in how, how people feel about him, is very much just personal opinion.

Quote:
I honestly don't care about Renee or anything that she and her ugly hair has to say
So you are just ignoring my example? 0_o

Quote:
Just imagine if during the scene where Clare was fighting priscilla and was unable to awaken, there was no dialogue for Deneve or Helen. Just none. Would you have been able to understand why she kept reverting back to her human form? would have understood it right when you were reading it? probably not. So yes we should accept what Deneve has to say because she knows a lot about her comrades and has great analytic skills.
Roflmao, where's your brain Claymore?

, I'm not trying to be rude, but I have one....if Claire failed to awaken and we didn't get an example, what do you think I would be doing for the remainder of the month? Trying to figure out why

And so would everybody else....and eventually, we would get an answer; it may be a good answer, it may be a bad one, it may be something we predicted, maybe not, etc....but we would get one eventually, which, unfortunately in some level, is sad because we can't speculate on it anymore.

This though, was just hollow because the implication, and preference that you have, is that we are just flat-out told the answer to something bluntly, by a blunt character, as I said before - I don't mind eventually being told the answer to something, but is it wrong to ask that the execution/presentation is good and makes us feel like we didn't completely waste our time for thinking about it?

Because we when get spelled out the answers by a single character; it makes me feel dubious...not just in what she said, but by what suddenly made her so all-knowing....especially in the face of us getting false information before.

Quote:
No the story is about Revenge. And Deneve does not ruin the story by explaining things. Sometimes things that are hard to understand need to be explain. She is very intelligent so i see no reason not to trust her words.
Revenge? What are you talking about? 0_o

Claire wants revenge sure, but what suddenly made the whole story about revenge? Don't try to point your finger at the Ghosts as a whole either, because the story began long before they rebelled as well.

Quote:
Well it's kind of true
Roflmao, no it's not -- I don't get what racism has anything to do with what we're talking about.

Maybe you feel I have some vendetta against Deneve, which I don't - I like her...I just don't feel she suddenly has this elevated importance, is Yagi's mouthpiece, is the Ghosts counselor....her words are valuable sure, and what she often says has much sense to them too...but it's another thing entirely to take it so far; if anything, I hope to see her put in her place one of these days, because she has yet to finally someone else talk down on her.

Quote:
Deneve is a stoic person so don't expect her words to be sappy. They are serious words. So just accept it. Try not to think about it and let it happen
Roflmao, um, no?

Claymore!.....what the hell are we supposed to do for an entire month if we just accepted everything without question?

Quote:
This is not a anime, sometimes things can be lost between frames. It can be hard to immediately get what is goin on in a panel. So Deneve explains what is happening on the battlefield so the reader can understand it better.
Right, because we are brain-dead monkeys who can't figure things out on our own, gotcha.

---------


Claymore!....we're just going around in circles at this point; our outlooks are basically just complete opposites.

From what I get from you....you don't like mysteries, you don't really like to speculate...you just want to take things as-is, and that's it......to me though, that's just silly; because I DO like mysteries, I like speculating....to me, that's what Claymore is all about.

I mean really, if I didn't want to think and just read, like I was watching a mindless Hollywood action movie, again, I have a million mangas to choose from....their are a million straightforward mangas without a shred of brainpower; Claymore sticks out because it does and you have to imagine, think and be creative -- that's what it's all about.

I mean seriously, I'm not suddenly worried.....why? Because you said you liked how the story was becoming lately....

That's not the part that worries me - what worries me is that, indeed, the story has become quite conventional recently......is Deneve just another sign of that? Is she part of that process and flat-out explains things so we don't have to actually think for ourselves anymore?

It would make sense, considering our opposite views, and how you've been enjoying events recently and I haven't as much -- when you think about it like that, it makes sense.

But at any rate, I'm done with this topic....we are really just repeating the same things at this point, so all I'll say is, "agree to disagree".

=====

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlenis
Did anyone notice that Hysteria has to be at least moderately to very high in the hardness stat. Miria landed a full powered blow on her on page 25 to no avail before the second preparation of a sword swipe. Just sayin.
.....What's a "hardness stat"? Claymore isn't an RPG or anything 0_o

I mean, I guess it's okay if you want to think about it like that, but it's not like every has different "skill levels" - I guess if you want to think in those terms, you can do that. Feels weird though....it's not like their is a numeric scale and everyone has a different "HP/attack/defense/yoki/etc"...

You can argue that they do, but it's just weird to see it like that; in that video-game sort of style *shrug
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 19:27   Link #182
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
so you were so busy quoting Claymore! line by line you completely ignored my jab at you for shunning Dee? Oh you ... No, I shall not have it! Whoever can come to like Anna should long ago have come to like Dee. Yield !!! or do I have to link Robin artworks to make you see the light?
__________________
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5008/kibatabisig2.png
haegar is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 19:35   Link #183
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Ehhh....Claymore!, it's mostly just one-word sentence replies; I think you were pretty lazy about it
yeah well i am pretty damn lazy
I prefer short replies. Short, blunt and to the point.

Quote:
And while I'm not calling Deneve dumb (well, only a little), you can't deny she was right there beside Helen among her stupidest decisions (Isley was a big one).
I'm not denying it. But Helen convinced Deneve to go with her, which is kind of funny.

Quote:
Roflmao, and who gave her this role? Who keeps her in line? I don't remember her becoming the Ghosts therapist.
She gave herself this role. If you can understand what i mean.

Quote:
What makes her theory right though? Or better? It it just because she said so?
Yes. It is a better theory because it was written by the author and stated by the character. And not by some random person on the internet.

Quote:
You really can't figure it out unless I tell you?

Fine -- Raki is the embodiment of perception because tons of people hated it and others liked it; he's an embodiment in how, how people feel about him, is very much just personal opinion.
Oh sorry. I actually wasn't thinking about that. But yes now i understand what you meant by that.

Quote:
So you are just ignoring my example? 0_o
Yeah i was because i dislike Renee's ugly Hair


Quote:
, I'm not trying to be rude, but I have one....if Claire failed to awaken and we didn't get an example, what do you think I would be doing for the remainder of the month? Trying to figure out why
Where's Your brain?
You obviously don't understand what i was trying to say. If nobody knows what actually happened then what are the chances that someone would discover the right theory. Everyone would argue on what they think is the right theory and it wouldn't solve anything because there would be too much contraversy and confusion.

Quote:
And so would everybody else....and eventually, we would get an answer; it may be a good answer, it may be a bad one, it may be something we predicted, maybe not, etc....but we would get one eventually, which, unfortunately in some level, is sad because we can't speculate on it anymore.
I would rather have answer when i saw the event than like 7 months later. If Claymore was a weekly manga it would be different.

Quote:
Revenge? What are you talking about? 0_o

Claire wants revenge sure, but what suddenly made the whole story about revenge? Don't try to point your finger at the Ghosts as a whole either, because the story began long before they rebelled as well.
The main plot is Clare's revenge on priscilla. then it is also the Ghost's revenge on the Organization. Do you understand? its revenge.

And the side plot about Clare and Raki reuniting. Which by the way i hope will happen soon but i know it won't.

Quote:
Roflmao, no it's not -- I don't get what racism has anything to do with what we're talking about.
Sorry it was meant as a joke
My crude sense of humor
When people hate others for no reason they are judging them unfairly. But i guess Racism wasn't the right word .

Quote:
Roflmao, um, no?

Claymore!.....what the hell are we supposed to do for an entire month if we just accepted everything without question?
Sorry, again it was meant as a joke.
I was hoping that you could pick up what i was actually trying to say


Quote:
Claymore!....we're just going around in circles at this point; our outlooks are basically just complete opposites.
yeah but you seem to continue posting comments in a passive aggresive way by adding "roflmao" before all your sentence. You use that a lot by the way. Its like when people add "lol" in sentences that do not need it.

But yes this is getting kind of boring and i don't want to have this to continue on for the entire month.
Agree to disagree?

Quote:
I mean seriously, I'm not suddenly worried.....why? Because you said you liked how the story was becoming lately....

That's not the part that worries me - what worries me is that, indeed, the story has become quite conventional recently......is Deneve just another sign of that? Is she part of that process and flat-out explains things so we don't have to actually think for ourselves anymore?
I don't mind where its going actually. I would like it so much more if Clare was in it but that just isn't the case. I also like Raki's current role in the story. I like how all the Ghosts are fighting right now. And I like Helen, Deneve, Miria, Yuma, and Cynthia. I think they are all great characters.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 19:42   Link #184
MalakTawus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Italy
I don't want to repeat again my opinion on Deneve,but i'll just say one little thing to you Shiek:
IMO you are really exaggerating in the way you see Deneve when you consider her some sort of problem for the fans speculation.
Seriously,even if it's true that Deneve is a character that explains logically some situations,it's clear that there are some things that she doesn't know,so in reality Yagi could use Deneve not only to explain things but also to trick the readers.
For example, what she says about Jean's block could be true (and she surely must have had some hint to arrive to that conclusion),BUT if you consider that it's a FACT that she has absolutely no idea about Claire's real "secret" (it's 100% sure from the ghosts reaction that Claire has never really told them about her relationship with Prissy and Teresa) and that also she knows almost nothing on what happened between Claire and Raph....it doesn't take a genius to conclude that what she says could very well just be true only in part....it could also be completely wrong tbh,lol.

Deneve even in the past always arrives to logical conclusions basing her deductions on the information that she possess,but Yagi has shown us that her judgment is not always right,for example in Pieta she said that even if Claire had improved Miria had a superior talent.......but we all know that that's not exactly true,infact in the end Claire comes up with something that Deneve couldn't predict (cause she doesn't know Claire's "secret") saving the day once again.

In other words,imo Deneve's words and actions are tricky since it MAY SEEM that she is some sort of Yagi's spokesperson,but the truth is that there are a lot of things that she is unaware of, so her judgments are not necessarily 100% sure.....of course since she IS really smart she is usually right,but "usually" doesn't translate in "always",so imo we fans cab continue to speculate like there is no tomorrow even on things that she comments.

I like Deneve a lot,but personally i think that there is more than what she says in what happened to Claire,i doubt that Jean alone can explain that,imo that's only half the story.....


Also sometimes Deneve acts in a wrong way on purpose,usually 'cause she wants to obtain a certain reaction from her friend (to help her,of course).

Shiek,you explained very well what you think about Deneve's character,and even if i evidently not agree with your point of view,in the end it's mainly just a matter of "personal taste" that makes us see the same things in very different ways,lol.
MalakTawus is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 23:02   Link #185
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Yes. It is a better theory because it was written by the author and stated by the character. And not by some random person on the internet.
Roflmao, you do realize you also fall into that category? ("random person on the internet")

Strange how you think a theory is suddenly better just because it's one the author made up; you're really underestimating yourself and everyone around you. I'm curious about what you think of the people who do correctly guess what's going to happen, because that has happened before, which makes your whole idea kind of moot.


Quote:
Yeah i was because i dislike Renee's ugly Hair
.............

I get you are trying to be funny and all, but it's silly to ignore something i said because of something like that

Quote:
Where's Your brain?
You obviously don't understand what i was trying to say. If nobody knows what actually happened then what are the chances that someone would discover the right theory. Everyone would argue on what they think is the right theory and it wouldn't solve anything because there would be too much contraversy and confusion.
Um, no?

Not every single issue in this entire manga is the TvP debate; those sorts of things are very perceptive (like this topic right now ) which is why people all agree to disagree....their have been many instances however where people have successfully pieced together what was going to happen and predicted it before it actually occurred in the manga.....again, even something as seemingly far-out there and off-the-wall....Cyclone said it would happen first.

Why do you think so many people are so touchy about being proven wrong by what goes on in the story? It's not so much about simply being proven wrong, but about not feeling like all their efforts went to waste and the answer is something that makes sense and we can grow to love; even if answer is something less-then-satisfactory/exciting, and everyone came up with vastly better ideas, it was an answer that was at least concise and presented in a manner that made everybody feel like all their theorizing was worthwhile.

Getting less-then-satisfactory answers verbally spoken out-loud bluntly by a blunt character....that doesn't make me feel like all my theorizing was worthwhile...instead, that makes you feel dumb and make you wonder why you spent all that time theorizing and having fun with it in the first place. The problem isn't so much that an answer we get may feel out-of-place but, what's worse, the manner in which it was revealed was out-of-place too.

Imagine you are watching Inception or some super-complicated thriller....and Ben Stein showed in the middle to dryly explain what was going on....it may seem funny at first (, I love that guy), but you'd feel like an idiot for thinking so much and having so much fun with it; your interest and respect for the movie would start going down because you'd know he would just dryly explain everything was going on....gee, that sure sounds exciting huh?

Quote:
I would rather have answer when i saw the event than like 7 months later. If Claymore was a weekly manga it would be different.
I honestly wonder how you've managed to get into Claymore in the first place then....their are a million things, such as things concerning Claire and Priscilla, that haven't been answered since the pre-timeskip and the manga has been going on for years

I mean you sound like a very impatient person (no offense) who has to get all the answers right away....with Claymore though, more likely then not, you will end up waiting a long long time.

Quote:
The main plot is Clare's revenge on priscilla. then it is also the Ghost's revenge on the Organization. Do you understand? its revenge.

And the side plot about Clare and Raki reuniting. Which by the way i hope will happen soon but i know it won't.

........

Roflmao, okay, I'm not going there - I've already made my stance on that issue, hilariously actually recently in the 120 thread which you yourself were a part of (here's a link to the last page; funny enough, you yourself even sort of got confused which made me think my words were finally getting to you http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ul#post3848842).

Quote:
yeah but you seem to continue posting comments in a passive aggresive way by adding "roflmao" before all your sentence. You use that a lot by the way. Its like when people add "lol" in sentences that do not need it.
Roflmao, you think I'm being passive-aggressive? Why, because I like using emocons and saying things like "rofl"?

I'm being light-hearted and having fun with this, if you don't realize - sorry if you think I was being insensitive (not sure how things like "roflmao" make you feel like that - I mean, do you feel I'm not taking you seriously? Why? they are just smilies and funny words....my huge paragraphs and words about this should be proof enough that I'm not just ignoring you), but that's just how I pretty much have always been....and in this particular case, I might as well be anyway. I'm not insulted when I write so much, and all your responses are just largely short one-sentences .

Because really, it was plain ages ago that we're complete opposites in this argument and that's not gonna change; their's little need for either of us to invest ourselves too much into this.

Quote:
I don't mind where its going actually. I would like it so much more if Clare was in it but that just isn't the case. I also like Raki's current role in the story. I like how all the Ghosts are fighting right now. And I like Helen, Deneve, Miria, Yuma, and Cynthia. I think they are all great characters.
Neither do I - I mean, it's far from perfect, and I'm not gonna ignore wise words from others about things that are true, such as the story becoming more conventional or that Claire needs to show up ASAP....but it's not like I've grown to hate the story or anything; their have been developments I like, and dislike...their are things I wish they could happen; sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, sometimes i'm surprised, sometimes I'm not...

It's like that I imagine with most people; don't be fooled because they may hate an entire chapter - their has been many entire chapters that I disliked because a single reason perhaps....obviously I, and those others, are still around aren't we?
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 23:15   Link #186
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
I wanted to make this seperate, because I wanted to focus deeply on this one.

Quote:
She gave herself this role. If you can understand what i mean.
I can, even though though she often just goes too far; it's fine if she wants to help the people around her, but that doesn't mean she can berate people whenever she feels like it or stick her nose in other people's business.

I mean really, busting in on Undine...when you get down and think about it, what exactly made her actions called for or justified?

The thing about Deneve is that she is very "ends justify the means" type of person; she almost exemplifies it...the problem with that though, is that, while their are indeed moments in all sorts of situations that make kind of mentality appropriate, that simply cannot be the only answer for everything, because that's just....insane.

And because of that, their are many moments where Deneve's attempts at helping simply were uncalled for and she just came out as overly-aggressive and critical -- I mean really....was it totally necessary to bust in on Undine like that? Why?

You argue that she ended up helping her, but again, I just hate that - because, again, it's just very ends-justify-the-means...she had no right to knock the door down, discover her secret, and sort of cover that up by giving her her own life-story...

You can argue a million times that it was for her own good, but that's why I said she needs to learn some tact and reflection because, to me, she just comes off as too much and needs a dressing-down of her own....she holds herself up a little too high, which ironically fits with many doctors and psychologists I've known in real life - people who think they know people and everything just because they've researched behaviors and things out of books.

Their are times yes when a voice-of-reason is genuinely called for....but their are also moments where, as I said, she's better off minding her own business and keeping her mouth shut, and I don't think she gets that -- that's in part why I said she's just as wild as Helen is underneath, because she has passion, but that's not good enough....because that brute "ends-justify-the-means" Dr.D attitude she has is what's propelled her ego a little too high I think, and makes her think talking down to both of her commanders is a good thing. It's that attitude that exactly makes her words come off as less-then-sympathetic and more like her talking down to them, as sarcasm....because, it's wrong to just look at the results and say "she helped them" and say that her way-of-being is right.

I mean really....it's no wonder some people think she's robotic sometimes; I know she has empathy in her own way when she wants to help people....but god - she has no sense of how her words and actions affect the people she's trying to help; she wants to help, but she cares little of how she shows it.....she's brute in that sense and thinks it's okay, because she's telling the truth, and the person will get over it and pick themselves up....

Well, newsflash, it's not okay - that kind of blunt "ends-justify-the-means" type thinking doesn't even often make you look like a kind sympathetic person who is just trying to help...it just makes you look a arrogant, aggressive, condescending bully; It's something I've seen all too often in real life from people who think they know something more then others, or they know "the truth", and that makes it justified and righteous of them to practically throw that at people's faces; it's not justified, It's not righteous; it doesn't even come off as sympathetic, it just comes off as you being an asshole. Even if I'm right, whether it's because I know I'm right, or I believe so much in it that I'm positively sure, or even if, in actuality, I am right....guess what, it still doesn't change anything and I am no less brute for trying to shove my "help" down your throat.

Deneve exemplifies this - she has little caring for how people take in what she says and does; she doesn't care about berating her leaders, whether to her other comrades, or right to their face and that kind of attitude just annoys me.....even when the people truly need help, the lessons she's trying to teach.....it still doesn't make it all justified, righteous or whatever you want to call it; it just overflows their ego and sense-of-importance and makes her, and people like her, think it's their "duty" or something and they have to get involved with potential conflicts and help people in anyway they can -- that pompous attitude just comes off as annoying and it's happened more then once: it's happened when she announced to the world her Jean Wedge theory and when she gave her speech to Miria just now.....it was fine and dandy, but what about the others? Did she think she was the only one who had something to say to Miria? What about Tabitha, who's the only one who cried for her? What on earth made Deneve think she was so important that she has to get involved in places that simply don't concern her?

You can come up with all kinds of arguments - that this is the kind of world they live in, that she has to be like this because she can't trust her life into people who haven't gotten themselves figured out....their are all sorts of reasons you can come up with.....Getting to the point, Deneve needs to wake up - if she cares for her comrades as much as she apparently is trying to show she does, then she needs to work on that on showing that, because right now, she flat out stinks -- Dr.D can become a title of affection, but right now, it's one of mockery because her idea of being a voice-of-reason means being a hardened realist, busting down doors, crushing morale and optimism, and shoving her "help" down people's throats.

And god, that's not even taking into account the whole 'yagi mouthpiece' thing.
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."

Last edited by Shiek927; 2012-02-21 at 16:32.
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 23:25   Link #187
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Ya know, I just noticed way back from early claymore that Rubel wears sunglasses at night.

( _)
( _)>⌐-
(⌐_)
Nixl is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 23:28   Link #188
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Ya know, I just noticed way back from early claymore that Rubel wears sunglasses at night.

( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐-
(⌐_)
...........

...........

............


.............Roflmao

I see what you did there

*deep sigh

Anyway, moving on....

=====

Quote:
so you were so busy quoting Claymore! line by line you completely ignored my jab at you for shunning Dee? Oh you ... No, I shall not have it! Whoever can come to like Anna should long ago have come to like Dee. Yield !!! or do I have to link Robin artworks to make you see the light?
Roflmao, sorry Haeger....your post did get sort of lost in our conversation....Dietrich? Ehh....she's still sort of just a background character for me; I guess I sort of like her, but....I don't know - she hasn't really done enough to warrant any real interest. I guess it takes a near-death situation to make me like her too

Funny, they say that 'you don't know what you've gone till it's gone"....maybe it's because near-death situation-type incidents make me rethink them, or whatever we're talking about, that I suddenly start growing to like them/him/her.

.....Yeah, it's pretty twisted, but I don't think I'm the only one like that :S

===

Malak, I perfectly agree with your words.....you are 100% right -- I'm not saying I dislike her, or everything she says is wrong...it's just that I don't feel she this elevated sense of importance from Deneve; again, just as an example, the Jean Wedge....her theory was just that, a theory; it's wrong to just accept what she says as the truth and not even think about it, and even worse to say it's because she's the author's mouthpiece.

It was what it was - just the first theory from a person visually seeing what's going on and giving their own insight....we know loads more about Claire then Deneve ever will, even if their are still plenty of mysteries....Deneve is simply going by what she knows about Claire, since she doesn't know Teresa, or Rafaela or any of the other potential reasons why we think he inability to awaken could be something else.

Like I said, time will reveal all....maybe she's right, maybe she's wrong; we'll see....for now, I'm just filing it away and waiting to see what happens next.
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."

Last edited by Shiek927; 2012-02-01 at 23:39.
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2012-02-02, 00:11   Link #189
hamstar
just passing by
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Exia
painful chapter to read. What`s worse is Deneve mentioning at the end that Miria has a plan to involve the other AB`s, possibly luring hysteria to them ugh.
__________________
hamstar is offline  
Old 2012-02-02, 00:35   Link #190
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
painful chapter to read. What`s worse is Deneve mentioning at the end that Miria has a plan to involve the other AB`s, possibly luring hysteria to them ugh.
What was painful about that? That was the most likely thing to happen
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2012-02-02, 03:30   Link #191
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
What was painful about that? That was the most likely thing to happen
Remember the times when we couldn't guess what Yagi had in store for use next, even when now matter how obvious it seemed he went in a totally different direction?

The lack of just that and all the critiques I know you read posted by others is very likely what hamstar meant.

Even what Deneve said about Clare to Miria was hard to swallow (mind you being a J>C>E). I couldn't help but wonder if this is the kinda "sleep" she meant
Spoiler:
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2012-02-02, 04:47   Link #192
night_sentinel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Earth
I just caught up with Claymore again and there still seems to be no development on Claire-Priscilla blob form. Oh well at least Claire get a passing mention. Even if its a totally misleading statement that makes it feel that Claire is out taking a nap in Rabona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus
Remember the times when we couldn't guess what Yagi had in store for use next, even when now matter how obvious it seemed he went in a totally different direction?
Well at least we know what Miria will plan to do in the next chapter. And since its a coordinated assault Miria might have told Deneve, but even I know that's pretty unlikely due to the time limit. Of course, its possible that they did it off-screen .

Its more likely that Deneve is guessing again. But, unlike her wedge theory I'm pretty sure that this is spot on. Miria and the rest of the ghost did spend 7 years together so they must be familiar on how each other think. And it might be easy to guess Miria's plan based on positioning of the warriors, since if Deneve's right the warriors position must be nearing Roxanne's and Cassandra's rambo fight, which common sense dictate that they must avoid the area at all cause.

Its actually a good plan get the 3 Awakened Beings to kill each other and probably escape when they are distracted with one another. Of course no plan survives contact with the enemy and there is a high chance Miria's plan if Deneve guess it right will work 100% effectively since it rely on the 3 AB going for each other and the result being a deadlock or at least close to one.
night_sentinel is offline  
Old 2012-02-02, 07:36   Link #193
Dj0rel
True Believer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Remember the times when we couldn't guess what Yagi had in store for use next, even when now matter how obvious it seemed he went in a totally different direction?
I remember. It wasn't that long ago actually. In fact I remember something about some fans crying "ass-pull" when the things didn't go the way they expected.
__________________
Not afraid of having a different opinion.

Last edited by Dj0rel; 2012-02-02 at 07:56.
Dj0rel is offline  
Old 2012-02-02, 10:22   Link #194
hamstar
just passing by
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Exia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
I remember. It wasn't that long ago actually. In fact I remember something about some fans crying "ass-pull" when the things didn't go the way they expected.
yagi is making the plot a bit too convenient for protagonists. This used to be a manga with insurmountably powerful antagonists - all of which have been killed off in one way or the other without any help from the claymores..

Isley - killed by those Abyssal feeders

Riful & dauf- attacked by Abyssal feeders, Alicia, beth and finished off by Priscilla.

Alicia & Beth - offed by Priscilla

Destroyer - controlled by Clare without much explanation...

Priscilla - put in 'jail' along with Clare-Destroyer

AND NOW....the 3 new abyssal ones will once again conveniently wipe each other out. I just think it's too easy.
__________________
hamstar is offline  
Old 2012-02-02, 10:27   Link #195
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
The people of the church worship her, she comes back to life one a year and if she sees her shadow we get 6 more weeks of winter.
Clare came back today only to see her shadow, so no early spring but instead 6 more weeks of winter
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2012-02-02, 10:52   Link #196
limao
DeAd
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
*Editor*: Hello? Mr Yagi? I'm sorry to inform you but your manga has been canceled, you can only make 3 more chapters. !!!SO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN QUICKLY!!!

limao is offline  
Old 2012-02-02, 11:58   Link #197
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
^That's just mean... someone might take you seriously .

At least you didn't provide a link leading to somewhere to fool people
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2012-02-02, 13:38   Link #198
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
yagi is making the plot a bit too convenient for protagonists. This used to be a manga with insurmountably powerful antagonists - all of which have been killed off in one way or the other without any help from the claymores..

Isley - killed by those Abyssal feeders

Riful & dauf- attacked by Abyssal feeders, Alicia, beth and finished off by Priscilla.

Alicia & Beth - offed by Priscilla

Destroyer - controlled by Clare without much explanation...

Priscilla - put in 'jail' along with Clare-Destroyer

AND NOW....the 3 new abyssal ones will once again conveniently wipe each other out. I just think it's too easy.
I feel I can understand your complaints ; it does seem to feel like that....if it means anything, we don't know if the ZAOS will kill eachother; I'm hoping it doesn't....I mean, they were only introduced a few chapters ago, it would be a huge blasphemy to the old trio if the new guys were killed just barely after they were introduced, and I doubt Yagi would go there.

--

It's been a long time since I've seen you limao - it wouldn't surprise me if their was one guy who really did believe you, beware
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2012-02-02, 14:04   Link #199
Arlenis
Of Lights
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Organization (New York, U.S)
Age: 24
Shiek, Awakened beings actually do have stats entailing their "Hardness" and even "Speed", "Strength" and "Yoki" in the data books. Dauf's "Hardness" stat was SSS+ for example. I actually do kinda look at it in terms of that. Such as Undine having an A+ baseline "Strength" stat and being able to block Rigaldo's first strike; he even commented on it being impressive. I doubt that a warrior with a baseline "Strength" stat of C could not have without use of yoki to bump that stat up.
__________________
It's her. The one possessing such a technique of luster, mustering her own Yoki from within and emitting it in an offensive force of illuminating gales; Arlenis of Lights
Arlenis is offline  
Old 2012-02-02, 14:12   Link #200
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wisconsin!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
It's been a long time since I've seen you limao - it wouldn't surprise me if their was one guy who really did believe you, beware
Yep sometimes the denseness and "srs bizness" attitude of some people on here can keep me quiet for month's on end just look how many posts I made for the 121 & 122 thread's.
__________________
".........." -Some wise words from Adventure seeker Killy in the Cyber Dungeon quest!
TheRussianMeatClob is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
claymore, dr. deneve, miria

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.