AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 123 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 10.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 37.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 20.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.00%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-01, 00:47   Link #161
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Oh my gosh
Miria becomes a "Superman"~~
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 00:49   Link #162
SagaraSouske
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
While it seems likely that Denev's words about Clare is to put Miria at ease, the Chinese scans didn't seem that way. So I would judge it when raw comes out.

The rods from Dauf are just his flesh I think, similar to how Isley shoots his spears. The claymore in Hysteria's throat is clearly foreign.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic63006_2.gif
SagaraSouske is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 00:52   Link #163
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The town where Copernicus was born.
Age: 28
@Sagara
I was making a joke about Duff, hence "" emoticon.
Gooral is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 01:09   Link #164
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
While it seems likely that Denev's words about Clare is to put Miria at ease, the Chinese scans didn't seem that way. So I would judge it when raw comes out.

The rods from Dauf are just his flesh I think, similar to how Isley shoots his spears. The claymore in Hysteria's throat is clearly foreign.
.............ROFLMAO

Call it off-beat, but that last bit about Hysteria was hilarious Sagara; you sound like a scientist analyzing something (no sarcasm; it really made me laugh)

Yes, I think we can all agree that the sword in Hysteria's throat is of foreign origin
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 01:36   Link #165
SagaraSouske
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
One thing I found interesting: the panels show no swords near Miria and when Deneve was trying to convince Miria, she had two swords behind her. Later on Denev was shown to be duel wielding and somehow Miria have a sword in her hand. One that has a unknown symbol. At the same time, the sword that was pulled out by Nike that was suppose to be Miria's does not have Miria's symbol but something close to either Sophia's or Audry's.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic63006_2.gif
SagaraSouske is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 01:55   Link #166
hh707
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Am i the only one that thinks Hysteria could awaken even further ala Priscilla in the anime?? I know we discussed that the sword potentially messing up her awakening but with it out maybe she can fully awaken. Right now she has no arms/ upper body appendages, does she plan on just using her legs to kill the claymores? d
__________________
hh707 is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 02:06   Link #167
Cyclone
Transient Guest
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
This may sound strange,but if it's true (not that i don't belive you,Gooral) i wouldn't be too sad 'cause this could force Yagi to focus again to Claire.
Let's be honest here, the instant the story will return to focus on Claire and Priscilla will be the instant where Claymore will return once again to do very well in the rankings,everyone know it,surely even Yagi.
Personally, I'm waiting for Galatea-sama's reappearance - still waiting for the Galatea-sama swimsuit issue... Yagi missed a huge opportunity there with issue #100 - full color too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Don't bother; Priscilla will eat them all and, as Cyclone says, they will be saved from making a "difficult" choice, so they can stay nice, moral and preachy -___-

For crying out loud, one of them looks like Two-Face - I just don't understand how this dilemma even exists.
Heh - Nice to know I've been remembered during my posting drought.

@Gooral:
Don't bottle up your emotions like that. Let out how you really feel. Such tepid statements lead to confusion... why I'd almost think you weren't enjoying the last few chapters...
Cyclone is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 02:11   Link #168
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone
Heh - Nice to know I've been remembered during my posting drought.

@Gooral:
Don't bottle up your emotions like that. Let out how you really feel. Such tepid statements lead to confusion... why I'd almost think you weren't enjoying the last few chapters...
Well there's a sight for sore eyes!!!! ^_^

Of course you haven't been forgotten! I've actually mentioned you more then once in this thread alone

--

Quote:
Am i the only one that thinks Hysteria could awaken even further ala Priscilla in the anime?? I know we discussed that the sword potentially messing up her awakening but with it out maybe she can fully awaken. Right now she has no arms/ upper body appendages, does she plan on just using her legs to kill the claymores? d
Mmm.....I doubt it - nothing like that, number 1, has been done the actual manga -- the closest I recall is when Raciella's crystalline shell was destroyed to reveal her malleable raw form, which doesn't necessarily count. Also reminds me of that Riful "battle mode" fake spoiler we got that one time

No, on principle alone, I would say no....more then that though, I disagree - having something like that would make her overpowered I think....the fact that she's so crazy fast is enough in my opinion.
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 03:52   Link #169
Fermat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Cutting Hysteria's legs is very much alike to Riful getting her tentacles cut numerous time by others (barring Alicia), particularly in the case to help Audrey and Rachel....they aren't signs that Riful is suddenly weak; just that needs to happen in order for the others to be saved.
Hm, correct me if I'm wrong, but Riful's ribbons have only been cut by regular claymores twice: Helen's Drill Sword and Rachel's Strong Sword. Both have been noted to be exceptionally powerful sword strikes.

However, I do agree that such details get ignored for the sake of furthering the plot. A durability of EX means nothing if Yagi wants someone rescued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
Spoiler for length:
Thanks so much for this!

By the way, that statement in bold made me a bit queasy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Yes i do think it was needed. People would have been wondering how the hell she was unable to awaken. It was better to have a widely accepted idea rather than a bunch of people arguing about what happened. I would rather have an idea that was confirmed by the autor than one that was just made up by some fan.
I, for one, like explanations from the author, but Yagi really needs to do them in other ways than using a mouthpiece. Consider a different scenario wherein Clare clutches her head and mutters "Jean... I-I can't... Because of you, I can't..." I would've gone with that than having Deneve explain everything with such conviction as if she were the omniscient god of Rabona who could say no wrong. Who knows? Maybe Clare really had to use the toilet when Priscilla appeared and clenching caused her to revert.

I kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
One thing I found interesting: the panels show no swords near Miria and when Deneve was trying to convince Miria, she had two swords behind her. Later on Denev was shown to be duel wielding and somehow Miria have a sword in her hand. One that has a unknown symbol. At the same time, the sword that was pulled out by Nike that was suppose to be Miria's does not have Miria's symbol but something close to either Sophia's or Audry's.
Miria's clutching her own sword. She stabbed Hysteria through the chest, sacrificing her right arm in the process, with her own sword. Hysteria tossed that aside. Miria, then, stabbed her in the throat with another claymore's sword—the one with a symbol really close to Sophia's. When Hysteria "died," Miria reattached her arm and got her own sword again, which, IIRC, she hasn't lost. So yeah, Miria has her sword, and the one Nike pulled out isn't hers. Just clarifying stuff.

Last edited by Fermat; 2012-02-01 at 19:41.
Fermat is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 05:02   Link #170
Dark Night
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
I took a look at the raw and I feel like shedding manly tears of frustration. These guys are fighting an Abyssal One, but not a single one of them seems to be using even 10% of their yoki. Seriously, Yagi?

I'm seeing a few other things that make me want to bash my head against a wall, but I'll wait for the chapter to come out.

On another note, didn't Miria already know the diagnostic Dr. D. gave us? Pieta anyone? I didn't care one way or another about Deneve to begin with, but Yagi using her to deliver cool lines and shit has made me actually dislike her. To the extent that I cringe every time she opens her mouth.

So, yeah. Give me a place in that wagon not so happy with her.
Dark Night is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 07:02   Link #171
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
In all honesty, I have to admit....Anastasia may finally be growing on me - I never agreed or liked the huge obsession people had with her (or Dietrich) when she first showed up - would have been better spent obsessing over older characters that don't get a smidgen of that....still, maybe it's just because her life was threatened and she was saved (which is a weird way to start liking somebody ), but I think I'm starting to like her.
Oh no sir, you don't. Please mind the order of things. FIRST, you accept your love for sweet Dietrich. THEN, if you absolutely have to, you can go and adore Anna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Personally, I'm waiting for Galatea-sama's reappearance - still waiting for the Galatea-sama swimsuit issue... Yagi missed a huge opportunity there with issue #100 - full color too...
Amen. Amen. May the Goddess descend from the heavens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermat View Post
By the way, that statement in bold made me a bit queasy.
aye. she sure is a weird one


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermat View Post
Hm, Miria's sword should've been with her. She stabbed Hysteria through the chest, sacrificing her right arm in the process, with her own sword. Hysteria tossed that aside. Miria, then, stabbed her in the sword with another claymore's sword—the one with a symbol really close to Sophia's. When Hysteria "died," Miria reattached her arm and got her own sword again, which, IIRC, she hasn't lost. So yeah, Miria should be holding her sword, and the one Nike pulled out isn't hers. Just clarifying stuff.
Thx for summing that up again; I was too lazy to even try to understand who threw, picked up, ate or pulled out which sword outa which body or stone at whichever point
__________________
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5008/kibatabisig2.png
haegar is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 10:15   Link #172
Elandyll
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: AZ - USA
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Well, maybe "lie" is a strong word....she basically implies though that Claire is chilling in bed with a magazine which is pretty far from the truth....
It is actually quite smart to not distract Miria with Clare's fate, and is merely an "imaginative" interpretation of what actually happened.
As far as we know, Clare is indeed "resting" inside the cocoon which has been moved near Rabona

As far as what's happening in this chapter, I am sorry that I was right in many ways. This is still setting up the "actual" fight that is still to start "for serious".
Maybe next month we will finally have casualties (which are long overdue - not that I am bloodthirsty, but with this kind of power differential .. well, it's been discussed ad nauseam already),
and then -when everything looks desperate- Yagi will re-introduced the ace in the deck that will be either Priscilla and / or Clare.

Before that though, it may take a while as Miria has "The Plan" (tm) of involving Hysty in the fight between Rox and Cas it seems. It will probably fail miserably, but we'll see.
Elandyll is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 13:52   Link #173
Arlenis
Of Lights
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Organization (New York, U.S)
Age: 24
Did anyone notice that Hysteria has to be at least moderately to very high in the hardness stat. Miria landed a full powered blow on her on page 25 to no avail before the second preparation of a sword swipe. Just sayin.
__________________
It's her. The one possessing such a technique of luster, mustering her own Yoki from within and emitting it in an offensive force of illuminating gales; Arlenis of Lights
Arlenis is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 17:15   Link #174
Ulquihorror
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
sword being fused with Hysteria due to her awakening thus becoming one with her...Analogy to Clare+Raciella?!??!?!?!
Ulquihorror is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 17:43   Link #175
Dark Night
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
On the subject of hardness, Hysteria's legs. She launches them at the ground with extreme speed, so I assumed they were very strong and durable to be able to withstand such impact. Apparently I was wrong since Nike, a mere number 15, can cut through them like butter, without even using 10% of her yoki.

...
...
Dark Night is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 17:54   Link #176
MalakTawus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Sorry shiek I was writing a long reply but it somehow got deleted because I had to log back in. So I guess "agree to disagree" will do for now.

It really sucks because I was writing that for over 30 minutes. I guess I will reply to it tomorro after school.
HahahHAhahAHha!
This also happened to me in the past,lol......i remember that it was REALLY disheartening , after that i felt completely drained
MalakTawus is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 17:57   Link #177
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
All right Shiek, here is my reply, 20 hours later


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
All I can say, is that you are entitled to your own opinion, because I just don't agree at all - I don't see Deneve as the opposite of Helen; if anything, they are two sides of the same idiot and Deneve isn't secretly Helen, or anyone else's for that matter, conscious/superego that keeps everybody in check every once and awhile.

I just don't agree with that because I just never saw Deneve like that; as I said, if anything, she's just as wild as Helen is - the only difference is, she's introverted about it and Helen is extroverted.
I would never call Deneve and idiot. She is one of the most intelligent Ghosts. She has to be because she can analyze those situations so well. And Helen and Deneve have polar opposite personalities (as you said introverted and extroverted). But Helen can sometimes be a little stupid.

Quote:
I'm not trying to bash Deneve (well, maybe I am a little )....I don't agree one bit though that she's suddenly/secretly been elevated to this great position of importance or somehow has always been there; she's not just a background character or anything, but this is just another extreme in my opinion; it's one I don't believe in.
No it does seem you are bashing her. But lately most people are. But she has taken on an im[portant role as being a rational and stern person who helps keep the Ghosts together.


Quote:
I don't agree with this whatsoever - yes, people have been wondering how Claire awoke....you think we've been sitting on our butts about it though? Everybody and their grandma has been theorizing Claire's situation; many of them have been very good...
It doesn't matter if the theories are good if they are wrong. I would rather have a good theory given by a character (by the auothor) than 20 theories given by a bunch of fans.

Quote:
So what on earth makes Deneve's words so important? Again, I never got the memo that everything she says is God and must be accepted or you are denying the truth....to me, what came from her, was just another theory and we may get another answer in time -- it's not like we've been told something that ended up being false, at one time or another.
If your not going to accept what the characters say as the truth then i guess you don't even need the translation to have an opinion on any of the chapters. Deneve's words are important because she is explaining the situation(s) to the other Ghosts (and the reader)

Quote:
I don't believe or like the idea that she's just a mouthpiece for Yagi - that she's always been this way, suddenly became like this, or even have this role, and if she does, I won't even know what to say to that, other then that Claymore's ambiguity has effectively been gutted...
No that's kinda of what she is used for (unfortunately). She is a stern and Rational character that can analyze and understand a situation because of her high intelligence

Quote:
What's the point of theorizing, with debating, with thinking, if we can just count on Dr.D to just explain everything and tell us everything we need to know? Last I checked, the point of Claymore, Claymore as a whole, was all about gray ambiguity and figuring stuff out on your own....you can't tell me that Deneve's behavior is completely contradictory to that.
The point is too discuss opinions on the chapters and story. But lately people just complain how much the hate this or that.

Quote:
Um, no, we just don't simply feel the way you do....that doesn't make us 'wrong'. Raki is an embodiment of this
Yeah i guess i am just an optimist (at least on this topic). But i don't remember what Raki has to do with this conversation.

Quote:
It's all perceptive Claymore!....I can see why it's a powerful moment for some, I can see why, especially coupled with Dr.D, more ranting on Deneve's part...I said just now that it feels like a long-awaiting dressing-down to Miria on Deneve's part.
It is a very powerful and emotional moment. I see it as a serious and important piece of the story.

Quote:
All I can say is the same thing as always -- "agree to disagree"
obviously

Quote:
Yes, but they are effectively gutted.....their are situations Claymore! where, eventually with time, we have no choice but to accept what happened or what was said, as truth -- Renee hasn't shown up in ages and it doesn't look like she will any time soon......the ambiguity of Riful's words, made many hope she was actually still alive....but it's been ages since then and we have no choice but to accept that she really did die. Maybe she didn't, but I am no longer holding my breath.
I honestly don't care about Renee or anything that she and her ugly hair has to say

Quote:
This however is even worse, because their IS no implication, their is no potential mystery -- again, it's just Deneve flat-out explaining the story as if the readers were brain-dead idiots, and we have no choice but to accept what she says.
Just imagine if during the scene where Clare was fighting priscilla and was unable to awaken, there was no dialogue for Deneve or Helen. Just none. Would you have been able to understand why she kept reverting back to her human form? would have understood it right when you were reading it? probably not. So yes we should accept what Deneve has to say because she knows a lot about her comrades and has great analytic skills.


Quote:
The ambiguity of Claymore both helps and hurts us in more then one way; but it's what makes the story what it is - I don't see any reason to suddenly destroy that by electing the stoic warrior as the author's mouthpiece and/or the voice-of-reason. Regardless of whether her words have sense and truth to them, because they often do, it's taking it too far to accept and approve everything that she does and comes out of her mouth (because as I said, she needs a dressing-down of her own; notably, she's never gotten one; when is she ever going to be put in her place, or is she just gonna do that to everybody else?), especially with the logic that everything she says and does is the will of God/Yagi.
No the story is about Revenge. And Deneve does not ruin the story by explaining things. Sometimes things that are hard to understand need to be explain. She is very intelligent so i see no reason not to trust her words.


Quote:
It's posts like these that make people think you are a male
I also thought that post was a little strange

Quote:
First off, that bit on racism made me laugh
Well it's kind of true

Quote:
Claymore! I feel your outlook on the story is simply different then my own, and presumably Nixl's....It's not like the entire story is one giant mystery; not in the sense you're thinking....it's not like Claire's name is actually Shaniqua or the whole thing is actually a dream or something ridiculous and off-the-wall, you are taking it too far...
Yeah i like what is happening in the story so i guess that makes me an optimist.

Quote:
Deneve's method of revealing things however has no substance, no growth, no anything - it's not that we were told the answer to something that felt very lacking (that's only half)...it's just that, at the same time, that's it - we are supposed to accept what she says as truth, and their is nothing we can do about it.
Deneve is a stoic person so don't expect her words to be sappy. They are serious words. So just accept it. Try not to think about it and let it happen

Quote:
Because undeniably, and I've said it many times before -- that's what it's all about - what Claymore, is all about: the thinking, the debating, hanging on your chair every month to find out what the next chapter will slightly reveal to us next whilst leaving us on another frustrating cliffhanger......That's the bulk of the fun -- I simply can't imagine somebody who reads the story all in one shot and/or when it's all over and the story is complete......it certainly must feel like a very hollow experience since the party is already over.
This is not a anime, sometimes things can be lost between frames. It can be hard to immediately get what is goin on in a panel. So Deneve explains what is happening on the battlefield so the reader can understand it better.

Quote:
It's just a blunt character bluntly telling us what's going on in the story; can't Yagi throw me a bone or something? If I wanted to be flat-out explained what's going on in a plot, I'd be reading Dragon Ball Z or something.
Dragon ball Z is awesome. Don't insult it ()
Even though i know you weren't

To be honest it was hard to rewrite most of it because i can't remember all of my points that i made last night. And it took a long time too. But i also tried to make my replies a little kinder sounding and less demanding. I also shortened it up a lot.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"

Last edited by Claymore!; 2012-02-01 at 18:07.
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 18:13   Link #178
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
HahahHAhahAHha!

Thats so mean
Just kidding. It just made me mad and dissapointed.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 18:42   Link #179
MalakTawus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Thats so mean
Just kidding. It just made me mad and dissapointed.
Sorry,it wasn't my intention to be mean
MalakTawus is offline  
Old 2012-02-01, 18:43   Link #180
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Sorry,it wasn't my intention to be mean
I was just kidding
So don't worry about it.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
claymore, dr. deneve, miria

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.