AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2014-08-18, 09:51   Link #701
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyendith View Post
… Thanks for reminding me that Higanbana Second Night has been taking dust on my virtual desktop for the last 3 months. I should read it some day.
Oh, you definitely should! It's fantastic. If you were in any way dissatisfied with the First Night, the Second more than makes up for it!

Quote:
Also, there are RGD novels? --'.`--
Yep! Only, I can't seem to really find it anywhere. Maybe it's too new to be sold used? Anyway, it's only up adapted the First Season so far. Here it is.
Old 2014-08-18, 10:41   Link #702
Lyendith

Yes, I had read the first story and loved it, but a bug makes the game crash when I arrive at the opening. By some obscure trick I somehow managed to unlock the second story but I didn't want to read it before finishing the first…

Then I realized that I had finished the Tsukimi story and that there was nothing after the opening, but at the same moment I started to read RGD Last Season and I kind of forgot about Higanbana… it's complicated.
Lyendith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 17:54   Link #703
Mr. Dent

Ah, so this is more than a little late, and suppose it might not exactly be worthy of a post, but the next chapter of the Rose Guns Days manga has been updated! We meet Butler and Amanda, and it's all pretty great.
Old 2014-08-30, 05:07   Link #704
Lyendith

Chapter 6 is up too for those who can read a little French.

I like Sōichirō's version of Amanda much more than Yaeko Ninagawa's for some reason… Butler is his magnificent self, but that's no surprise.
Old 2014-08-31, 12:02   Link #705
Mr. Dent

Quote:
I like Sōichirō's version of Amanda much more than Yaeko Ninagawa's for some reason… Butler is his magnificent self, but that's no surprise.
Agreed- I think it mostly has to do with her facial expressions and body language and the like, she just seems so much more personable. In the novels, even when she was being kind, she came off as aloof and kinda arrogant, but here she seems much more genuine. Also, her smile is really really cute.
Old 2014-09-06, 12:13   Link #706
Lyendith

I was wondering, do you think I should spoiler tag the real names of the Japanese characters on this page? They are not really plot relevant, but it's still pleasant to discover them in the story, so I don't know…

Not that there are that many people visiting RGD's trope page in the first place.
Old 2014-09-06, 20:55   Link #707
Kyrrangela
Sannin's Trainee

I think it'd be nice to spoiler tag them just in case some people don't want to get ahead of themselves, although going to tv tropes is actually risking yourself to a lot of spoilers.

In my opinion, it'd be a great thing to spoiler tag them, I'm sure no one will complain because you hid them but some could or would if you showed it.

Hope I helped and didn't actually meddle on your question!
Old 2014-09-07, 14:38   Link #708
Lyendith

Nope, you're probably right. At least no-one will complain that way.

I removed some sensible spoilers for season 3-4 while I was at it…
Old 2014-09-13, 23:14   Link #709
Mr. Dent

Just read Scene 6, and man, that early cameo of Meijiu was so mean... At least show us his face...
Old 2014-09-14, 05:14   Link #710
Lyendith

Yeah, it's a bit of a pity, but admittedly that scene wasn't strictly necessary.

Also note that on the same page we see the pickpocket kid from Scene 1.
Old 2014-09-14, 10:49   Link #711
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Also note that on the same page we see the pickpocket kid from Scene 1.
Oh, really? I didn't notice that! (On a side note, I really liked that bit of the manga- It wasn't in the VN (I don't think...) but it felt really natural and was a great way to show the change that Japan had underwent.
Old 2014-09-17, 09:46   Link #712
Lyendith

Yeah, it was nice to have Leo interact with someone rather than just visiting the city himself (those early exploration parts were quite boring in the VN). It's those little additions that make him more relatable in the manga I think.

Speaking of the manga, I just received my Season 2 volumes, and boy Nana Natsunishi's adaptation is near-perfect. Hell, Ryukishi himself admits that her depiction is better than the VN in the author comment! And I have to agree with him. I like Zel much more in this version, she just seems to have more… substance? I don't know how to say it. She's pretty funny too. Well, when I say "near-perfect", I'm talking about the first half of it, the "Season 2" part; after Wang's entrance there are some heavy issues, although some of it is because the VN itself improved significantly from that point on − meaning I'm more annoyed when bits of dialogue or scenes are cut.

The weirdest one is probably that
Spoiler for 1948 spoilers:
and well, the climax felt really rushed overall. It didn't nearly have the tension it had in the VN, the main reasons being that a)we didn't really have time to become familiar with Wang and b)… unlike the VN, where she was obviously cornered and desperate at some point, Rose is never really shown under pressure here. She takes her decision almost casually.

One bit of explanation at the end was also omitted, which changes the comprehension of the events.

Spoiler:

That Season would have need 4 volumes like S1 I think, or at least one or two more chapters… with only 15 chapters the margin was way too tight. That's a damn shame because 1948 is the year that has the most direct focus on Rose, and the S2 manga… kind of spoiled a good part of it, sadly. She still has some badass moments, though.

There is an interesting Q&A from Ryūkishi at the end of volume 3 also. =)

Last edited by Lyendith; 2014-09-17 at 13:31.

Tags
ryukishi07, visual novel