AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 31 26.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 40.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 15.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 5.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-02, 23:01   Link #81
Kirito
Tease to Please!♥

Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Ouch! All I can say is poor guy. How must crap must this dude go through especially when things were starting to look great for him. I was sad that they got rid of Hare because I really like her more than Inori (I'm not trolling Inori fans).

Can't wait to see next weeks episode especially since that Shu's tweaked and gone mad (Can't blame him though).
Old 2012-02-02, 23:04   Link #82
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I thought that Shu was obscured by clouds of smoke from the helicopter's viewpoint. They only saw Hare's void snaking somewhere and shot it..
And then flew away without checking what it was they shot? And since when do military personnel just shoot at random objects on top of buildings?
Old 2012-02-02, 23:09   Link #83
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

NOOOOOOOOO and Shu got an evil look now
Old 2012-02-02, 23:12   Link #84
Allium
BRE@TH//LESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I thought that Shu was obscured by clouds of smoke from the helicopter's viewpoint. They only saw Hare's void snaking somewhere and shot it..
I rewatched the scene and while it's true that Shu was obscured by the smoke, causing only Hare to be visible at that area, in my viewpoint the soldiers aimed to kill her, but missed their target, hitting her Void instead.
Old 2012-02-02, 23:16   Link #85
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
He just handled it badly but what do you expect from a 15 year old?

Lelouch was a genius but he was always able to make the hard decisions and if needed he would sacrifice his own men to achieve his objectives as well as command respect. If anyone tried to object to him he would simply shut them up and show his results.

That is what a commander does. The commander is someone who cannot hesitate to make a decision about who dies in order to achieve an objective IE. Sending in a unit to act as a rear guard to allow the rest of the army to retreat.

Quote:
While I can forgive Hare being an idiot because its convenient way to remove an obstacle from your main heroine's way... that military nonsense was just absurd.
Well we are talking about a military that uses machines that can feedback pain to their users... so that even a lightly armored soldier can take one down simply by shooting at the head....in fact how the hell does a robot feel pain? Wouldn't it be expensive to outfit skin feeling all over it?
Old 2012-02-02, 23:20   Link #86
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Well we are talking about a military that uses machines that can feedback pain to their users... so that even a lightly armored soldier can take one down simply by shooting at the head....in fact how the hell does a robot feel pain? Wouldn't it be expensive to outfit skin feeling all over it?
I gave up on trying to make sense of that nonsense a while ago, but todays was just beyond A-Team Shooting trope for those soldiers. That was just... I don't even know what. The contrived coincidence is probably what really drives it, though, in that they miss a human *roughly 160 or so cm long and with some width* and hit a ribbon the that is... oh 3 cm wide? With anti-tank rounds? And then don't even check to see what they shot/hit and fly off to give Hare *that moment* before she dies.

Who writes this garbage? Better yet, who approves of this at the story boarding?
Old 2012-02-02, 23:26   Link #87
Key Board
Donut

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
At least this evil King has a reason to fight, and it isn't about money, power or fame like many tyrants of today. This is about honor, revenge and the act to save the remaining people that means a lot to him.
The worst things have done with the best of intentions, and tragedy can change people

RL example

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximilien_Robespierre
Old 2012-02-02, 23:29   Link #88
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by c^2 View Post
It wasn't Shuu's kindness that killed Hare, it was serial stupidity on the part of multiple collaborators. First, introduce an unlikely dire situation, then have a convenient discovery of their senseless void ranking scheme, then rather than approach Shuu about it, Souta and friends go off on some hair-brained mission to prove something or other. It isn't clear what really, since their voids aren't appropriate to the situation. Finally, Shuu shows up, endangering more people who aren't appropriate for the situation, and have no hope of helping should they encounter trouble. Why even bother?
Really? I thought it made sense. Souta caught wind of the Void ranking, approached Shu about it, and was told that it wouldn't be implemented. Then they found the actual rankings, at which point they got it in their heads that they needed to prove they could be useful despite being "the lowest of the low"; there wasn't anything to approach Shu about at that point. Ill-planned their idea may have been, but I thought the reasoning behind it was established well enough.
Old 2012-02-02, 23:52   Link #89
Zodiamaster

It's likely to everyone is going to start hating Shuu now, maybe will stay by his side, but I can see Ayase and Tsugumi leaving him for becoming a monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
I'm pretty sure this is the Shu we'll be seeming from now on until his redemption near the end. The entire show up now has pretty much been building up to this and the show's name gives it anyway. He'll probably isolate himself until it's pretty much him and Inori, then some shit happens he's returns to something closer to his original self, though I'll doubt he'll go all the way back and then face the other worse King.

I don't actually see Inori curing him, at least not for a long while. She probably remain pretty non chalant about the whole thing for a while considering she's a bit of a Psycho herself with the killing or almost killing those guys in the last epi. Inori's only really shown to dislike Shu's pussiness she never really showed any dislike towards Guy's way of doing things, which Shu will probably be doing from now on.
Totally agree there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Guilty Crown equals being a guilty king. I can't believe I didn't see that until now.
Probably because they didn't really use the word "King" that often before, did they?

Quote:
I knew this show is about breaking Shu right off the bat. And I expected that they will have to sacrifice everyone Shu loves to do it. Hare's death is a step forward to this goal.

But I don't think it's enough.

*Gendo Ikari desk pose*

"We need to kill more. Kill Haruka and Ayase next. Make sure Shu suffers until he breaks. All hail the king..."
Lol he's completely broken already, watch the last scene again. <_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmeh View Post
Spoiler for :
Don't bother with those details, **** now hit the fan after like 15 episodes of barely interesting events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
And since when do military personnel just shoot at random objects on top of buildings?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to3Ymw8L6ZI
Old 2012-02-03, 00:01   Link #90
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiamaster View Post
They shot at people, not a clothes line. Which is what the military personnel effectively shot in this, or at least of relative size. (Lest we also not forget that, as brutal as that video is, they made sure they shot to kill not *throw random bullets at target then fly away*.)
Old 2012-02-03, 00:17   Link #91
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
I'm pretty sure this is the Shu we'll be seeming from now on until his redemption near the end. The entire show up now has pretty much been building up to this and the show's name gives it anyway.
I'm sorry, but I don't really agree with this statement. What buildup? The only buildup I saw for Shu turning to evil was the last minute of the previous episode and this one. Nothing in the other previous episodes hinted that Shu would become ruthless. Oh, he may have been abused a few times, but that development was just put into him becoming a hero by the arc's end. And none of that abuse applies to his development now. He definitely doesn't remember it at any rate.

I knew I would regret rating this episode a 9 when it should have been an 8. Don't get me wrong. I still like the episode. But thinking about it more carefully after a few hours (and reading other people's opinions), I wish his personality didn't INSTANTLY change upon the death. Yes, I wanted him to go this route for a long time, but the journey to this route was sort of sudden. You know how Shu constantly changes moods each episode? It felt to me like this episode was another mood-changer for him, only to one that I actually like. Like his other sudden changes, I wished it happened more naturally. I don't know how that would have worked, considering everyone was getting shot at, meaning there realistically wouldn't have been enough time for Shu to get his act together before everyone suffered Hare's fate in this episode, but if Ayase can fire a rocket launcher without falling off that cheap-ass wheelchair, then I'll believe that the characters aren't at risk of dying too quickly.

Don't get me wrong. Death can change a person. But not instantly. Or if it's going to be instant, then have Shu start to lean towards those evil choices beforehand. He might have, but this episode only went half-way with that idea at best. And that was only for half the episode. More episodes should have been used to build up his new evil nature a little better. In fact, they should have nixed the beach episode for an episode of Shu developing an evil side.

In my opinion, death should be the final straw. But not the ONLY straw. But maybe that's just me. If there is another straw, I'll be glad to hear it. Because I can't think of anything else.

Quote:
He'll probably isolate himself until it's pretty much him and Inori, then some shit happens he's returns to something closer to his original self, though I'll doubt he'll go all the way back and then face the other worse King.
They better keep his dark side going for a while. I'm sick and tired of Shu changing his mood every episode. Two episodes ago, he was reluctant. One episode ago, he was brave. This one...he gets submitted to change due to friend's death. And let's not get started on the first half.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2012-02-03 at 00:30.
Old 2012-02-03, 00:22   Link #92
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiamaster View Post

Lol he's completely broken already, watch the last scene again. <_<
Not enough: More insanity and yandere face pls. And make sure he goes over the moral event horizon too.

> Forces his classmates to be his slaves

> Declare lordship of the restricted area

> Act like a jerk

> Practically follow everything in the E.O.L.

You get the picture... XD
Old 2012-02-03, 00:30   Link #93
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Wow, an episode that was actually interesting?!
Is what I would like to say, but to be honest, the whole episode came from the fact the F Ranks got the ranking paper, which itself is pretty *facepalm*. Worse than those typical guards in anime that can't do their jobs to save their lives.
So, meh, forced in that sense, but I guess the fact the episode itself wasn't like laughing gas was a miracle.

And wow, don't feel crap for Shuu. Him breaking down doesn't mean too much. It's not like his character was stable in the first place. Don't feel like thinking about if his change makes sense either.
His second to last line was good though, but they just had to add "I'll be king!" to ruin it.
And I'll be Adam.

Hare being killed... makes sense. Her power is too strong. If they don't get rid of her, the scriptwriter will have a even harder time writing a proper episode.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-02-03, 00:34   Link #94
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Hare being killed... makes sense. Her power is too strong. If they don't get rid of her, the scriptwriter will have a even harder time writing a proper episode.
What are you talking about? If it were strong she could have survived this. It has a crippling overspecialization that cannot be remedied: her void is for repairing purposes only.
Old 2012-02-03, 00:57   Link #95
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
What are you talking about? If it were strong she could have survived this. It has a crippling overspecialization that cannot be remedied: her void is for repairing purposes only.
He means that they'd be able to bring back anyone from the brink of death.

By getting rid of her, everyone's fair game.
Old 2012-02-03, 01:22   Link #96
maplehurry

Quote:
the whole episode came from the fact the F Ranks got the ranking paper, which itself is pretty *facepalm*.
pretty sure yahiro leaked it intentionally.
Old 2012-02-03, 01:29   Link #97
hero147

Enjoyable episode. But I do wish that Guilty Crown didn't use as many plot devices to progress the story. Hare was a sweet girl. I liked her. I wish Shu or Souta had died.
Old 2012-02-03, 02:39   Link #98
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Enjoyable episode. But I do wish that Guilty Crown didn't use as many plot devices to progress the story. Hare was a sweet girl. I liked her. I wish Shu or Souta had died.
Don't we all....but it'll never happen. At least not now
Old 2012-02-03, 02:52   Link #99
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I am raging so hard right now. First time I ever bothered posting in this subforum but dammit... I need to vent. I know the point is for Shu to suffer something traumatic so he can do a complete 180 and become Lelouch 2.0 but why did it have to be her??? Why not that useless Ayanami clone in Inori?

Anyway, aside from the bitter taste this is leaving in my mouth, the episode did its job; I was felt dread as the pivotal moment loomed, I was emotional when she made her sacrifice, and I think now Shu can legitimately stop being Mr. Half-assed.
Old 2012-02-03, 03:12   Link #100
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数

More importantly....

Apocalypse cancer in Hare....WTF

And how did you all ever expect Shu to be a good king?

The way everything was all going, from Lost Christmas up to the present, the only way he was being set up for was to be the biggest scum of all...You see the kind of people who surround him and the situation he was shoved into? He has literally no guidepost at all to follow

The only one is Hare and well yeah.....

So Hare, your gonna be this show's Shirley eh? Shame....I liked both of you...