AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Guilty Crown

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 31 26.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 40.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 15.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 5.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-03, 03:21   Link #101
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
More importantly....

Apocalypse cancer in Hare....WTF

And how did you all ever expect Shu to be a good king?

The way everything was all going, from Lost Christmas up to the present, the only way he was being set up for was to be the biggest scum of all...You see the kind of people who surround him and the situation he was shoved into? He has literally no guidepost at all to follow

The only one is Hare and well yeah.....
The bigger question is how did they all ever expect Shu to be good in the first place? The better option for this guy is to become the villain. You know, Evil Overlord, darkness and post apocalypse settings, lol moral event horizon, King and Lord of Darkness, the greatest jerkass since Mephisto....

If anyone is reading Big Order here, you know what I'm talking about if you have read the latest chapter.
Old 2012-02-03, 03:34   Link #102
Crontica

Hare say hi to Shirley for me.

He's at a pretty delicate crossroad now, it's either ShuuGAR or Shuuzaku from here on out.
Old 2012-02-03, 04:14   Link #103
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate

This is by far the best episode of Guilty Crown so far. Yes there were certain irks and contrivances:
Spoiler for crap:

But these are relatively minor nit picks. I thought Shu's dilemma with the plan was rather interesting. it wasn't as stupid as it turned out to be. Giving vaccines to the most useful first actually makes sense and is understandable. Not all the arguments for or against were particularly well thought out though. Tsugumi's teasing that Shu just didn't want anybody to hate him was just an ad hominem for example. But damn I'd be lying if I didn't find Hare's death heartbreaking. If this were a VN, I'd totally go down the Hare route first...

The way I see it, Shu is so angry at Hare's death that he wants someone to blame and Souta presented the perfect opportunity. This is one of the main factors that lead to Shu accepting the ranking system: He wants to punish those responsible for her death.
Old 2012-02-03, 06:07   Link #104
noobita

Is it just me or the Avalon from Code Geass theme fit extremely well in the end of this episode?
Old 2012-02-03, 06:48   Link #105
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I gave up on trying to make sense of that nonsense a while ago, but todays was just beyond A-Team Shooting trope for those soldiers. That was just... I don't even know what. The contrived coincidence is probably what really drives it, though, in that they miss a human *roughly 160 or so cm long and with some width* and hit a ribbon the that is... oh 3 cm wide? With anti-tank rounds? And then don't even check to see what they shot/hit and fly off to give Hare *that moment* before she dies.

Who writes this garbage? Better yet, who approves of this at the story boarding?
TBF She was almost dying (and did die) and they could have been slightly incompetant it wasn't exactly ridiculous. That shit happens all the time. The whole robots feeling pain is the bigger deal, though it depends on how expensive those robots are. Pain extists to protect the body so giving the user some sort of dire feedback when in competatnt hands make it harder to kill them.
Old 2012-02-03, 06:52   Link #106
patnam

after watching this episode, I sensed...

Spoiler for upcoming episodes...:
Old 2012-02-03, 07:00   Link #107
Spartanz1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post

Spoiler for upcoming episodes...:
Next episode is gonna be hard to watch watching the Shu we all saw from the beginning turn into a Tyrant.
Spoiler for A wise villain once said:
Old 2012-02-03, 07:25   Link #108
noobita

Protagonist as Tyrant = WIN.

I think that Shu is going to have smae fate as Lelouch in the end. It would be a twist if Shu actually alive in the final episode.
Old 2012-02-03, 07:32   Link #109
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Great episode with full of drama and a game changer for Shu...in a bad way.

Nooooo Shu, don't give into the dark side! Hare is going to be even more saddened if you give in. I can just see how this anime is going to end now...hero to tyrant to redemption and death.

I look forward to seeing Shu's change to darkness and how all the dumbasses are going to blame themselves for making him into what he has become. They create a monster!
Old 2012-02-03, 07:59   Link #110
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Protagonist as Tyrant = WIN.

I think that Shu is going to have smae fate as Lelouch in the end. It would be a twist if Shu actually alive in the final episode.
You mean Suzaku right? Shuu is practically Suzaku's reincarnation.
Old 2012-02-03, 08:00   Link #111
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Hare say hi to Shirley for me.

He's at a pretty delicate crossroad now, it's either ShuuGAR or Shuuzaku from here on out.
Why not Shoelouch?

Gives new meaning to "trample them down under my jackboots" or "curbstomp of tyranny"

Quote:
Spoiler for for Hare:
If only the same thing would happen to Inori....

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-02-03 at 08:36.
Old 2012-02-03, 08:12   Link #112
Tenchi Hou Take

I would over look any grieveneces about the show (and their are many) if they managed to turn him into Garlock (practically impossible). Batshit crazy fearless and loving completely riduclous odds while doingg crazy things.
Old 2012-02-03, 08:16   Link #113
noobita

I wonder, is the scarf that Shu wearing from the opening belongs to Hare?
Old 2012-02-03, 08:22   Link #114
n120cky

Poor Hare . . . .

now Shu just go back too his true nature? .

Spoiler for for image:
Old 2012-02-03, 08:27   Link #115
patnam

after Gai, Mana and Hare's death, Shu finally have his fear lead to anger, and then lead to suffering... just like this one...

Spoiler for uh oh...:
Old 2012-02-03, 08:30   Link #116
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I wonder, is the scarf that Shu wearing from the opening belongs to Hare?
hmm as far as I know, the only one who knit a red scarf on the entire episode is Ayase (EP 9).
Old 2012-02-03, 08:53   Link #117
Chase

Well i can't say im surprised but its still sad to see her die after confessing. I really hate seeing that in anime tho im not using it as a knock on it. Shu went off the deep end as expected that he would. Not much for me to say about it. It does make things even more interesting going forward. More importantly how he is going to reign this in.

No, Seed does not define what a Gundam show should be like.

Picking a Gundam over a Princess is not a bad idea, Princess+singing can get you killed
Old 2012-02-03, 09:03   Link #118
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Hare is dead!? I want to cry! T^T
Old 2012-02-03, 09:08   Link #119
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Hare's void seems to have been hit before she died. So it seems that getting your void destroyed = instant death.
But those cancers on Hare....Her void heals right?

What the chances that it was holding back the Apocalypse cancer from ravaging her body?
Old 2012-02-03, 09:12   Link #120
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
But those cancers on Hare....Her void heals right?

What the chances that it was holding back the Apocalypse cancer from ravaging her body?
Unlikely, since that would mean her Void would have to constantly be healing her, yet it did nothing about her other wounds.

For the time being, it's probably safe to assume her Void being broken is what took her out. Which makes sense to an extent I suppose.
Closed Thread