AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 31 26.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 40.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 15.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 5.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-04, 02:10   Link #161
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
yeah.... Shu's last statement about he become a king has two meanings actually :

1. He will erase all of his kindness and become a tyranny leader... spreading fear and maybe will disappoint all of his friends.... this will lead to a riot or betrayal in the school
this one will be likely happen because of Shu's original personality... He is only matured a bit after Gai's death

2. He will become like Gai... Still caring over his friends but not afraid to make a sacrifice... He will choose to be a more close-hearted person while maybe only Inori can stand beside him

one thing for sure, Shu will not become a kind king like what Hare's loved.

now, first he lost his friend's brother... then he lost his boss.... after that losing his childhood friends... what next??? Souta (his best friend) or Inori (his crush).....
The first choice frightens me, so I will prefer is Shu takes the same path as Gai did.

Just look, he raged over Hare's death at boiling point that forcefully drew Inori's Void against her will just to wipe all the enemies off his sight.

To me it looked like Shu comitted a sort of soul heart rape on Inori just to get what power he needed to avenge Hare no matter the cost, at that time.
Guido is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 02:21   Link #162
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u SAKI!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In the arm of the Saki Rukino... Duh!
Age: 18
Shu go f****** massacre these GHQ, my hated for them is OVER 9000!!!! Go and use the Void ranking system and form a void user army that made up of the top rank student and march toward the GHQ's headquarter and KILL THEM ALL!!!!!! I don't care if shu going to die or be tyrant or shit, all I want right now is him make these bastard suffer!!!!I want to revenge Hare's death!!!! 9/10, I can give a full 10/10 if Shu slowly torture these A-hole to a painful and suffering death!!!!
DevilHighDxD is online now  
Old 2012-02-04, 02:32   Link #163
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
2. He will become like Gai... Still caring over his friends but not afraid to make a sacrifice... He will choose to be a more close-hearted person while maybe only Inori can stand beside him

one thing for sure, Shu will not become a kind king like what Hare's loved.

now, first he lost his friend's brother... then he lost his boss.... after that losing his childhood friends... what next??? Souta (his best friend) or Inori (his crush).....
I don't think that he would become the same as Gai. Gai even if is like that he. He is just hiding his emotions. But Shu is clearly different. He will be a lot worse than that and will be completely devoid of such emotions. It is shown in the op that Inori is trying to reach onto him but still their hands didn't connect. Inori is probably the only one who will understand him and even if she is scared at first but will stay by him even though he will be completely different.

Poor Hare indeed. The kind king will never happen. Only a tyrant that will separate the trash from usable ones.

I don't think Souta is Shu's best friend. Shu is much closer to Hare and Hare is always there for him when he needs it. Souta just like to push whats in his mind and to Shu that's troublesome. It is shown in the last few episode when Shu first used Souta's void. And the bond between Shu and Souta isn't that close and that's why his genome resonances is low thus F. IF and only IF the staff is saying the truth about the power of void. The one they say on the interview even though much of it is already screwed up. But the one in upper level shows they are close to Shu or at least know him but I don't understand on the others stupid staff and their execution of it. They don't explain a thing but it's GC so what to expect
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 02:38   Link #164
Jarmel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
That ending. That was the look of Lelouch, that was the look of a king.
Jarmel is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 02:49   Link #165
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Now if Mana is not gone permanently....what would she say when she sees her brother....
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 02:55   Link #166
Somnus
Eh?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
This show is increasingly delicious. If the negative developments were hard to guess it'd be a hard watch, but instead it's like watching a train wreck in slow-motion: you know exactly where it's going, you know it's going to get ugly, but you can't help but watch.

That's not a criticism of the show. I think it's turning into a passable grimdark sci-fi story that had some bolted-on slice of life / happy-fun-time stuff at the beginning, and it keeps getting better as it goes.

It's unlikely to turn out great, but could easily wind up good, and is consistently entertaining.

This episode I have to wonder if Yahiro deliberately hid a cache of the vaccine to try and force Shu's hand. I could also see Yahiro as a plant, feeding void-related info to the outside in exchange for a "get out of jail free" card.
I recently caught up and watched eps 10-15 in one go, and I think this is my biggest gripe with the show (in bold). Or more specifically, it's Shu's character development. The way he develops and the circumstances causing him to are so typically cookie cutter it's making me roll my eyes so often it's become an exercise. He actually reminds me of Utsumi from the GE manga, except with super powers.

I think what describes my feelings best was said in an earlier episode thread. The poster pretty much said he couldn't get emotionally invested into the story because it seemed like the writer was taking every major plot point out of a "How To" manual. If only this show didn't look and sound so nice...
__________________
Somnus is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 03:54   Link #167
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
That argument ought to be reversed. Shu was desperate to go and save them before they got themselves killed.
It's understandable for Souta to be desperate to save his own life. It was a mistake for Shu to let himself get so emotional. Souta's importance is mostly personal, but for the group Shu was supposed to lead? He proved himself rather useless. Even if his void was potentially useful in Shu's hands, it wasn't precisely irreplaceable as Hare's was.

Quote:
The situation wasn't near desperate enough yet for Souta to pull such a stupid stunt. At the very least, he should have waited until Shu actually did what he thought he would do before trying that.
Once it was announced F-rankers were just going to be left to die (and how were they planning on dealing with the chaos of that announcement?), it would have been too late. They'd very probably have lost access to Shu, and he'd have been busy with the mess he just caused.



Quote:
The idea of going to get more medicine itself wasn't bad. The execution though was total bullshit. I mean, they were running around on the street, out in the open without a care in the world, carrying around some F-rank Voids they could barely use like they were missile launchers.

What's really sad here is that Shu probably would have gone to get the vaccine himself, and he would have done it properly.
Like he properly rescued them? No, Shu's never shown much in the way of tactical sense. His resolve's known some ups and lots of downs. He was letting everyone push him around - and his entourage was pushing for letting the F-rankers die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Sigh, anyone who didn't see the plot twist coming from a mile away needs to watch more shows

Time to place bets on who's the next person on the chopping board. Souta? I can clearly see the writer pulling him into some guilt-ridden sacrifice end.



I don't quite agree with what you're saying here. Simply put, with a group as large as their's, without a proper organisational structure in place, working like that creates all kinds of inefficiency within the group, including parallel working, conflict and communications that just goes everywhere and never anywhere (aka what the episode was in fact trying to show us but failed miserably at).

It is true that a Hierarchy system is probably one of the easiest to implement (And fitting, considering the hostile environment that are in), and with a ranking system based on power or utility, you can separate the useful (Hare magic bandaids, Weapons, Decoy Maker) from the useless (Fridge, comb, vase, etc.) and then assign them the proper jobs that would get the most utility out of them. Plus, the void abilities are much easier to rank than, say, physical strength, intellect, or experience, which usually comes into play in such a hierarchy system.

The problem why it might not seem viable to you is because Souta's void is actually useful (Based on previous episodes) but classified as a rank F, probably as a result of the writers needing a more important character to stand as the conflicting viewpoint in this episode, which screws with what is the actual criteria being used in the ranking system is.
I agree that in their particular case, they probably need clear chains of command. Do they need to base it entirely on Voids? I don't think so. That's just inviting problems, as I've already posted. Cases like Souta weren't even my biggest worry.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 04:33   Link #168
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
It's understandable for Souta to be desperate to save his own life. It was a mistake for Shu to let himself get so emotional.
Shu weakness was his kindness, so there is no way he will not try to help them.
(Or not get emotional.)

Quote:
Once it was announced F-rankers were just going to be left to die (and how were they planning on dealing with the chaos of that announcement?), it would have been too late. They'd very probably have lost access to Shu, and he'd have been busy with the mess he just caused.
Shu can get them some vaccine from the hospital.

Quote:
Quote:
The idea of going to get more medicine itself wasn't bad. The execution though was total bullshit. I mean, they were running around on the street, out in the open without a care in the world, carrying around some F-rank Voids they could barely use like they were missile launchers.

What's really sad here is that Shu probably would have gone to get the vaccine himself, and he would have done it properly.
Like he properly rescued them? No, Shu's never shown much in the way of tactical sense. His resolve's known some ups and lots of downs. He was letting everyone push him around - and his entourage was pushing for letting the F-rankers die.
With Inori Void = piece of cake.
(Easier and safer than running like idiots.)
Gundamx is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 05:01   Link #169
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post

Shu can get them some vaccine from the hospital.
An obvious solution, which they didn't go for. Either because of the equally obvious trap, or because they just plain didn't want to save the F-rankers. Shu could have overruled them - he didn't.


Quote:
With Inori Void = piece of cake.
(Easier and safer than running like idiots.)
Yeah? So why did he take Hare instead of Inori?
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 05:09   Link #170
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

Yeah? So why did he take Hare instead of Inori?
good point.... why I don't realize this

maybe Hare is the closest to him right now... I can see from how Shu talks to Inori... Please don't ever think that Inori is a tool of war
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 05:31   Link #171
KyriaL
You are Reading this!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In the study room
Hare passing on? That was a huge turning point for Shu, he realized enough was enough, and its time to not to let his kindness take control of him. Lets hope for something unique and not predictable in the coming episodes.

But perhaps the incident was quite largely the F-rank group's fault also, in that they wanted to prove their usefulness and hoped to return gloriously. Clearly shows that unorganized 'expeditions' are usually unsuccessful.
KyriaL is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 05:55   Link #172
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
good point.... why I don't realize this

maybe Hare is the closest to him right now... I can see from how Shu talks to Inori... Please don't ever think that Inori is a tool of war
I think more to the line she was the more close at the momentThink it about it. Hare was with him when they give him the news about the F.rank so...I think he don't have the time to found Inori..hell I think he not even try to think about it and just go to the rescue with who was with him(meaning hare)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
Hare passing on? That was a huge turning point for Shu, he realized enough was enough, and its time to not to let his kindness take control of him. Lets hope for something unique and not predictable in the coming episodes.

But perhaps the incident was quite largely the F-rank group's fault also, in that they wanted to prove their usefulness and hoped to return gloriously. Clearly shows that unorganized 'expeditions' are usually unsuccessful.
Honestly I think more of the fault (if not almost all) is to blame to the F-Rank group Southa in the first place.

And you guys recall this part of the first Op?“even if the whole world turn against you, I will be on your side” I really wonder if this mean only Inori will be willing to stay with him
Soji is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 06:11   Link #173
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
An obvious solution, which they didn't go for. Either because of the equally obvious trap, or because they just plain didn't want to save the F-rankers. Shu could have overruled them - he didn't.
Just like you said, it because of danger of it being trap.
But the second they active rank system they can easily do it with group of A~B rank user helping Shu.
So they won't die.

Quote:
Yeah? So why did he take Hare instead of Inori?
It's not that he take her instead of Inori, she was just there when he receive the call, and knowing Hare, she will never let him go alone, so he can try to waste his time talking to her or go there fast with hare and don't to mention he might need her to heal them and yes he was action like that because of his kindness.

My opinion:-
He is leader, so he shouldn't go there on his own even if it mean F-rank group death, unless he is fully prepare.
They might die while he get ready but it's better than losing Shu since he is the only one who can summon Void and without him they are as good as dead.

But because of his foolish kindness he gone there after them to try to convince them to come back but they refuse and start acting tough.
....But what a surprise, the second the battle start they all start running like S****.
Gundamx is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 06:11   Link #174
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
I think more to the line she was the more close at the momentThink it about it. Hare was with him when they give him the news about the F.rank so...I think he don't have the time to found Inori..hell I think he not even try to think about it and just go to the rescue with who was with him(meaning hare)


Honestly I think more of the fault (if not almost all) is to blame to the F-Rank group Southa in the first place.

And you guys recall this part of the first Op?“even if the whole world turn against you, I will be on your side” I really wonder if this mean only Inori will be willing to stay with him
xD... yeah you got a point... maybe he's just snatch nearby girls to accompany him...

that lyrics..... another Code Geass flag.....*sigh*
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 06:18   Link #175
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Just like you said, it because of danger of it being trap.
But the second they active rank system they can easily do it with group of A~B rank user helping Shu.
So they won't die.
That's stupid. He doesn't need the rank system for that - all he needs to do is say "you, you, and you, come with me".
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 06:28   Link #176
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That's stupid. He doesn't need the rank system for that - all he needs to do is say "you, you, and you, come with me".
In either way F-rank group don't need to go there them self.
Or to quote you "because they are desperate for their life" but they are not, since Shu could easily get it (Solo or with group change nothing in my main point which is:
Shu (solo or with good group) can get vaccine easier and safer than whole F-group.
(Who start running like idiots the second GHQ show.)
Gundamx is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 06:31   Link #177
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
In either way F-rank group don't need to go there them self.
Or to quote you "because they are desperate for their life" but they are not, since Shu could easily get it (Solo or with group change nothing in my main point which is:
Shu (solo or with good group) can get vaccine easier and safer than whole F-group.
(Who start running like idiots the second GHQ show.)
The F-rankers needed to go themselves because they were being abandoned. Nobody was going to do it for them. That's the writing that was on the wall. It'd be different if Shu was decisive and committed to saving everyone, but he wasn't. It's as simple as that.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 06:37   Link #178
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The F-rankers needed to go themselves because they were being abandoned. Nobody was going to do it for them. That's the writing that was on the wall. It'd be different if Shu was decisive and committed to saving everyone, but he wasn't. It's as simple as that.
That's what you and they think. What made you think that Shu would never go to take the vaccine? Or after talk with Hare he would not do that? But the F-Rank do that stupid thing and we see how end.
Soji is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 06:38   Link #179
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The F-rankers needed to go themselves because they were being abandoned. Nobody was going to do it for them. That's the writing that was on the wall. It'd be different if Shu was decisive and committed to saving everyone, but he wasn't. It's as simple as that.
What is Shu weakness?
His kindness, so there no way he will watch them die and do nothing even if he have
to go to get it alone (you know, like this episode).

In other words; Shu will try to get vaccine even if he have to go to the hospital
with only Inory Void (Which will have a lot higher success rate than F Suota group).
Gundamx is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 06:42   Link #180
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Gundamx@ Agree ,but thanks they stupid pride ..Hare got kill._.(and Souta your the first one that I blame for that).
Soji is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.