AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-26, 19:46   Link #121
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I’m willing to bet my Nyanko-sensei plushie that “JF” means “Jellyfish”
You're braver than I am. I don't bet my Nyanko-sensei plushie for anything.

I confess. I don't remember a "JF" reference/mention in the episode. Refresh my memory, please?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 19:52   Link #122
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

At Duck HQ, Akira referred to Haru as JF1 and Coco as JF2.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 20:17   Link #123
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Duck! That really was bad what Haru said right after dropping Keito at the hospital. Hope she's fine. Things are slowly coming together. Enoshima Bowl!
Old 2012-04-26, 20:25   Link #124
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年

I had that same grin on Natsuki's face by the end of episode 3. I love this show. I think I'll rewatch it again later.
Old 2012-04-26, 20:34   Link #125
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Good catch, Enzo! I was wondering what "JF1" and "JF2" meant. The object shown at 11:00 in the Crunchy version certainly looks like a JF.

I couldn't quite figure out where Coco was though. The scene cuts to her swimmng around in her bikini, and it appears she's inside the object as there seems to be a valve-like structure below her that look like the "feet" protruding from the bottom. Of course, it could also be a spaceship, as it has a classic UFO shape as well. Or it could be both a JF and a spaceship, though you'd think protoplasm wouldn't be the best choice for something that would have to descend through our atmosphere.

Of course, it also looks a lot like Coco's skirt:

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-04-26 at 20:53.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 21:16   Link #126
LKK

Quote:
At Duck HQ, Akira referred to Haru as JF1 and Coco as JF2.
Thanks for the reminder.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 21:34   Link #127
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
A few days earlier, I smiled at the glaring difference between the next episode summaries for both noitaminA shows (from a 2ch source summing up what I assume was inside a magazine). Apollon had like 10 lines of text describing the future events - Tsuritama had just 2. There's still little going on (once again, impression not helped by the fact that it follows a very condensed show), but this is really a lovely dose of fun every Thursday. Constantly increasing in accordance with Akira and Tapioca's screentime, too!
That makes perfect sense to me, as I blog these shows one right after the other. I love them both, but the Sakamichi posts basically write themselves, while Tsuritama is much harder to capture. Sakamichi attacks with a direct approach - conventional brilliance. Detailed backgrounds, fluid animation, sublime jazz and character drama. Tsuritama gets you almost subliminally - everything is unconventional, and you get caught up in it without really understanding it.

I think both these shows are truly superb, but I have no doubt that Sakamichi will be the bigger success, both commercially and in terms of buzz. I just hope Tsuritama isn't totally overshadowed.
Old 2012-04-26, 21:51   Link #128
Kirarakim

I feel Tsruitama is a bit more metaphorical in its approach than Apollon. Although they are dealing with similar themes. They make a nice double feature.

Anyways Haru grew on me a lot this episode. His efforts to understand Yuki were very sweet.

But I am getting the vibe that Yuki & Natsuki might be the ultimate friendship that is formed as both those boys need friendship.

Finally can someone with as cute a duck as Tapioca be a villain?

Oh and Guardian Enzo I'll take your Nyanko-Sensei plush if you are wrong, in fact I will take him if you are right.
Old 2012-04-26, 21:55   Link #129
Cloudy

Duck-u, the new Kirahoshi.
Old 2012-04-27, 03:30   Link #130
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Natsuki telling Yuki to fish when he was feeling depressed over his grandma's death is already suggestive that Natsuki himself uses fishing as a defense mechanism, to keep his mind off of the things troubling, which is to say a lot given his relationships with his father and sister.

Seeing him run off like that, well, I'd say he has started to realize that fishing isn't simply some mechanical escape from the troubles of the world, but something you must strive for and earn for to be the best at.

Ultimately, something fun. He can finally let loose.

As for Grandma Keito, I'm going to say it's cancer.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 09:33   Link #131
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Are the three surfer girls the same trio as appear in the opening dance number? Is one of them the one on the bus in episode one? And are any of them the girl who works at the fishing tackle store? The girls are on screen so rarely that I haven't really sorted them out.
The three girls in the opening are molegirl or Erika (according to wiki ) she's the girl sitting next to Yuki in the class, she giggled at Yuki 's devil face during the trainride in the first episode and she was the lead surfergirl (the other two surfergirls are most likely unimportant characters).
The other two girls in the opening are Natsuki's sister and the one working with Natsuki in the fishing store, who thinks Tapioca is cute.

I hope that helps.
Old 2012-04-27, 09:36   Link #132
Nikkan

I also relive in the Jellyfish theory and the pool Coco was swimming inside is their spaceship.
One thing I really love about the show is that it tells the plot without saying "OKAY EVERYONE LISTEN UP! IMPORTANT INFORMATION RIGHT NOW" (Example is the scene in the garden when Haru reviled he needs water to survive). I also find it surprisingly interesting to see the scenes with Natsuki and his family. A lot of things are said with very few words.
I wonder if it was his mom who invented the Enoshima Bowl-catchphrase, since his dad knew about it?
Like some other people said, Haru also grew on me in this episode. I've found him annoying up until now but the last scene really made me like him.
It's going to be interesting to see how Yamada becomes friends with the rest.
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 13:11   Link #133
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

DUCK! is definitely the most fabulous organization since the Glittering Crux Brigade.

I'm starting to believe my joke-theory that Haru and Coco want to fish their father is not that far-fetched, but I wouldn't bet a Nyanko-sensei plushie over this.
Old 2012-04-28, 13:29   Link #134
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

Hrm .. well, after watching ep 3 tbh I still have some mixed feelings on this one. It just is not clicking with me, although atm I am really not sure why. Until I am more clear I will extend it on the "still trial watch" series.
Old 2012-04-28, 14:45   Link #135
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Some fun tidbits.

1. Tsuritama flash game
Use your mouse to catch fish (move left-right to move Haru, click to fish). If you reach 500 points you get a Tsuritama and a Tsuribaka wallpaper. XD;;

2. Tsuritama Iphone app (Why no Android version? ;_; )
A fishing game. Basically, you use your phone as if it was a fishing rod. Seems fun but you might want to be careful...

3. Tsuritama radio
The weekly radio show with Ousaka Ryouta (Yuki) and Irino Miyu (Haru). -> I just noticed it's region blocked, damn you onsen. Let's see if it can be downloaded somewhere...

5. Rough draft of the BD/DVD special box illustration by Uki Atsuya.

5. association game special
Each week Kate gives a word and the characters tell what they associate it with. This week it's "youth."

6. Let's SF!
Well damn, there is a "let's fish with Tsuritama!" thing. The victim is not Uchiyama Kouki (Natsuki) but Ousaka Ryouta (Yuki) and he's fishing at Shinagawa Fishing Garden, with the help of a "pro." ^^;;

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-04-28 at 15:29. Reason: gah I keep mixing up characters
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 16:23   Link #136
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I agree - why no android??

There's a cat in that BD image...

Actually all kinds of good stuff there. The "Duck!" commercial is hilarious. Ousaka Ryouta seems quite young.
Old 2012-04-28, 16:29   Link #137
Kirarakim

iPhone app doesn't work on my IPod Touch or is it because I am not in Japan
Old 2012-04-28, 16:50   Link #138
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
There's a cat in that BD image...
I think it's the orange cat that scared Haru in ep 1.

The Special page is full of fun stuff. What I like most, actually, is the dubbing competition. The winner combo of the first round is already up (and Haru is pretty damn good).

As for Ousaka, it appears that Yuki is not only his first leading role, but his first major role. He's doing pretty well, I hope we'll see more of him in the future.

>Kirarakim
It doesn't say that the app is Japan only, but it appears you need iPhone4 or above、iOS4.2 or above to use it.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 16:57   Link #139
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Ohsaka has definitely had several smaller roles, bot nothing on this scale - he's excellent in this series. I haven't been able to find a bio anywhere so I have no idea how how old he is, background, etc.
Old 2012-04-30, 09:49   Link #140
SeaDoor

After three episodes, this series reminds me of NieA Under Seven with the struggling central character being put upon by an energetic alien, the melancholy undertones and the "Indian" character.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fishing, friendship, noitamina