AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-14, 20:46   Link #2741
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Inside Mugino's Pantsu *_*
srsly i hate hatii, appear in all episode and all beaten up and then appear again in next episode just to beaten up by our bronzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Eden set his eyes on the loli!

Previous Equleus saint was... Minos!?
how do you know?
__________________
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 22:52   Link #2742
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Full preview for episode 72: http://galaxianex.tumblr.com/post/61...ll-preview-the

===

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
how do you know?
He just sort of looks like Minos...

Spoiler:


He's actual name is Kitalpha, after the brightest start in the Equuleus constellation.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 10:28   Link #2743
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Is it next week yet?

Can't wait...

Spoiler:
I assume that's the New Cloth version. It looks like the first Pegasus cloth in the 86 anime.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 10:48   Link #2744
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Wow that is silly, what's the point of turning Subaru into a bronze now? Isn't that just admitting what every fan had thought of before - that Steel Saints are useless and was a bad idea introducing them in the first place?

This second season of Omega is a real mix bag - they keep wanting to please the old fans but they just do a really half ass job at it, sometimes it just seems like they are writing the plot while watching the ratings or something.
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 10:55   Link #2745
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Inside Mugino's Pantsu *_*
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Wow that is silly, what's the point of turning Subaru into a bronze now? Isn't that just admitting what every fan had thought of before - that Steel Saints are useless and was a bad idea introducing them in the first place?

This second season of Omega is a real mix bag - they keep wanting to please the old fans but they just do a really half ass job at it, sometimes it just seems like they are writing the plot while watching the ratings or something.
i dont even download ss omega anymore, just abzu arc is enough, the rest of pallas arc is just trash
the story itself is just bad, super nerfed bronze, characterization somehow worse, crap crystal obsession cloth, overused trash character, no point useless steel, re-appearance of 5 old bronzie (come on, this is omega, kouga's story, dont just add 5 more character as a MAIN character... how can you toei produce enough episode, enough developtment, enough fight for all of these chara?)

old bronzie as cameo is very good and enough like in mars arc. to just add this frontally into battlefield as old fans fanservice like this? meh

u know why they use old pegasus design for subaru's cloth? because old cloth design is much better than those crystal obsession design
__________________
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 11:16   Link #2746
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Well actually I think introducing the old 5 (okay 4, since Ikki is still missing) bronze saints makes sense, but their positioning is completely mishandled. Seiya's part is done somewhat better as the mentor Gold Saint, but they aren't doing this to the others which is just really weird. They keep hinting that it's going to happen for Shiryu/Hyoga to come back as Libra/Aquarius but they also delaying it (it was what like 4~5 episodes before that we see them at the gates!), I mean I think everyone has already guessed that the old guys will come back as Gold and fight the four kings, probably kill 3 of them too, leaving Minos for Kouga/Subaru etc, but right now there's just no tension in the story progression.

They could've easily borrowed from how the original Hades arc in handling this second part of Omega - make the 4 old bronze as Gold (like all the old fans would want to see) and going ahead and fight some really powerful enemies and acting all badass like the veteran they are, and mix a few of them with the new bronze saints etc to have some chemistry between old/new - Shiryu and Ryuho tag team trying to get to the castle together would be immensely interesting! How would Shiryu handle his duty as a saint vs his duty as a father for example. The cool Hyoga teaming with the hot-headed Souma (and then Souma finding out that Hyoga also has parent-complex lol), Shun teaming up with Eden would be great too with how much Eden resembles Ikki etc etc. But they just aren't doing anything meaningful right now and all the potential is wasted and we aren't left with many episodes left.
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 13:04   Link #2747
Goty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
i dont even download ss omega anymore, just abzu arc is enough, the rest of pallas arc is just trash
Eh, if you're not even watching, your points don't have much value then...this way all you can say are shallow remarks like 'trash" and 'ugly".
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 14:47   Link #2748
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Wow that is silly, what's the point of turning Subaru into a bronze now? Isn't that just admitting what every fan had thought of before - that Steel Saints are useless and was a bad idea introducing them in the first place?

This second season of Omega is a real mix bag - they keep wanting to please the old fans but they just do a really half ass job at it, sometimes it just seems like they are writing the plot while watching the ratings or something.
Steel Saints have become the new footsoldiers for the Sanctuary, and comparing them to the last time that the original footsoldiers went to battle (Lost Canvas), the Steel Saints have done a much better job.

Plus, it was specifically said that many of the Steel Saints' goal/dream is to one day discover what their guardian constellation is and become a Saint.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 16:07   Link #2749
Goty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Plus, it was specifically said that many of the Steel Saints' goal/dream is to one day discover what their guardian constellation is and become a Saint.
Yeah, that was mentioned many times when they were the focus. Subaru becoming a Saint was foreshadowed when Erna wished for him to keep pursuing his constellation, for instance. And he promised to do that.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 17:55   Link #2750
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Wow that is silly, what's the point of turning Subaru into a bronze now? Isn't that just admitting what every fan had thought of before - that Steel Saints are useless and was a bad idea introducing them in the first place?
Subaru becoming a bronze doesn't change the fact that some of the best episodes this season have been the ones focused on the Steel Saints.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 19:34   Link #2751
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Yeah, that was mentioned many times when they were the focus. Subaru becoming a Saint was foreshadowed when Erna wished for him to keep pursuing his constellation, for instance. And he promised to do that.
This and the overly obvious fact of Subaru having cosmo unlike his steel saint companions .
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 20:25   Link #2752
j008
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida
Subaru becoming a bronze? I honestly thought he would end up being the guy in the opening above the class 1 pall, especially with his strange cosmos as well as Shaina's and Eden's strange reaction to him. how many total episodes will the pallas arc have because they are dragging their feet with the legendary saints?
j008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 22:28   Link #2753
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by j008 View Post
Subaru becoming a bronze? I honestly thought he would end up being the guy in the opening above the class 1 pall, especially with his strange cosmos as well as Shaina's and Eden's strange reaction to him. how many total episodes will the pallas arc have because they are dragging their feet with the legendary saints?
It can still happen. We still have the whole second half of Season 2 to go through. Remember that Kouga only got possessed by Abzu towards the end of Season 1.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 04:03   Link #2754
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Inside Mugino's Pantsu *_*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Eh, if you're not even watching, your points don't have much value then...this way all you can say are shallow remarks like 'trash" and 'ugly".
im still watching it(well im ss fanboys), but not store it on my pc/hardisk... just watch and delete
__________________

Last edited by hamazura; 2013-09-16 at 06:39.
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 06:33   Link #2755
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Steel Saints have become the new footsoldiers for the Sanctuary, and comparing them to the last time that the original footsoldiers went to battle (Lost Canvas), the Steel Saints have done a much better job.

Plus, it was specifically said that many of the Steel Saints' goal/dream is to one day discover what their guardian constellation is and become a Saint.
Which is all completely redundant and a poor excuse to bring back steel saints. The original idea of steel saints were that they don't have cosmo so they needed technology to be capable fighters, however if you have cosmo (or the potential to cosmo) then you would join all those students and train to be a real saint like all the other bronze saints before that (isn't THAT the whole idea of the Palaestra to begin with?). The two setting are in complete conflict with each other. Plus it is absurd to push a normal person into battle between super humans just in hope that the normal person might someday awaken his cosmo in battle? That's just pure evil and brings a whole new meaning to learning on the job.....
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 07:44   Link #2756
darkchibi07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post

This second season of Omega is a real mix bag - they keep wanting to please the old fans but they just do a really half ass job at it, sometimes it just seems like they are writing the plot while watching the ratings or something.
Just a crazy thought, but maybe the reason the 2nd season seems to be that way is because the new Sailor Moon was supposed to take over Saint Seiya's timeslot but then were told that it's getting delayed so the new staff of Saint Seiya Omega have to be rushed in with everything else with it.

Out of curiosity, when is this Omega series going to end?
__________________

darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 09:22   Link #2757
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Which is all completely redundant and a poor excuse to bring back steel saints. The original idea of steel saints were that they don't have cosmo so they needed technology to be capable fighters, however if you have cosmo (or the potential to cosmo) then you would join all those students and train to be a real saint like all the other bronze saints before that (isn't THAT the whole idea of the Palaestra to begin with?). The two setting are in complete conflict with each other. Plus it is absurd to push a normal person into battle between super humans just in hope that the normal person might someday awaken his cosmo in battle? That's just pure evil and brings a whole new meaning to learning on the job.....
They're not at odds? There have always been footsoldiers in the Sanctuary, some who have actually shown to have cosmo and do not become Saints, meanwhile the Steel Saints in the original were created while the Sanctuary was still an enemy. Now in Saori has regained control of the Sanctuary, she can combined the two and those that have not fully awakened their cosmo or be chosen by a Cloth at least are given the protection of a Steel Cloth. Palaestra was original for people that already have become Bronze Saints.

Cruel? Lost Canvas sent footsoldier in nothing but training gear against Hades himself, now that's cruel. Steel Saints at least are given some sort of protection and everything that have shown in Omega shows that joining the Steel Saints is strictly voluntary.


Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Just a crazy thought, but maybe the reason the 2nd season seems to be that way is because the new Sailor Moon was supposed to take over Saint Seiya's timeslot but then were told that it's getting delayed so the new staff of Saint Seiya Omega have to be rushed in with everything else with it.

Out of curiosity, when is this Omega series going to end?
Omega was only suppose to have 1 season, the decision to make a second one was made somewhere during the 12 Temples arc, so their kind of still making season 2 up as they go along.

Everything points to the Pallasbelda arc ending in ep77, but the Pallas chapter as a whole would be longer than that.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 16:56   Link #2758
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
im still watching it(well im ss fanboys), but not store it on my pc/hardisk... just watch and delete
I agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Omega was only suppose to have 1 season, the decision to make a second one was made somewhere during the 12 Temples arc, so their kind of still making season 2 up as they go along.

Everything points to the Pallasbelda arc ending in ep77, but the Pallas chapter as a whole would be longer than that.
And the horror continues......
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 17:01   Link #2759
Goty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Omega was only suppose to have 1 season, the decision to make a second one was made somewhere during the 12 Temples arc, so their kind of still making season 2 up as they go along.

Everything points to the Pallasbelda arc ending in ep77, but the Pallas chapter as a whole would be longer than that.
That and i don't think Sailormoon will get the 06:30 am timeslot, not to mention it would put two Toei magical girls franchises airing in the same block. Doesn't seem smart.
It's safe to assume this arc will run until March 2014.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 23:45   Link #2760
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Btw, Toei's officially name of the current arc is the "New Cloth Chapter" (Saint Seiya has a thing for naming arcs as chapters).

Forgot about that in the last post
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.